HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms (2013-14 schedule in post #973)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-19-2013, 10:28 PM
  #401
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 14,873
vCash: 500
One thing I noticed watching Stolaz is that he needs to work on his positioning better. Seems to get out of position alot but his athleticism makes up for it.

sa cyred is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 10:31 PM
  #402
BernieParent
HFB Partner
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
One thing I noticed watching Stolaz is that he needs to work on his positioning better. Seems to get out of position alot but his athleticism makes up for it.
This is a half-baked opinion based only on the few highlights clips I have seen, but Stolarz seems to overuse his athleticism to compensate for iffy positioning. Fortunately, positioning is infinitely easier to teach than athleticism.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 10:35 PM
  #403
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
This is a half-baked opinion based only on the few highlights clips I have seen, but Stolarz seems to overuse his athleticism to compensate for iffy positioning. Fortunately, positioning is infinitely easier to teach than athleticism.
When he sprawls out for a save in full extension it is a sight. That is one big *** teenager.

I think the Rinne comparison is spot on.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 10:38 PM
  #404
BernieParent
HFB Partner
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
When he sprawls out for a save in full extension it is a sight. That is one big *** teenager.

I think the Rinne comparison is spot on.
Yeah, again, in the few times I have seen him (highlights), Stolarz gives himself chances to make saves that he has no business even getting a piece of.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 11:37 PM
  #405
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,397
vCash: 500
Baie-Comeau (Petr Straka's team) beat Blainville-Boisbriand 2-1 last night. Straka picked up an assist. Baie-Comeau up 1-0 in the series.

Straka: 9GP 8G 11A 19PTS so far in the playoffs.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
04-19-2013, 11:51 PM
  #406
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,397
vCash: 500
Taylor Leier picked up his 6th goal of the playoffs last night in a 4-1 win over Kamloops. Portland up 1-0 in the series.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:48 AM
  #407
DeflatedFootball7
Registered User
 
DeflatedFootball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Belleville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Baie-Comeau (Petr Straka's team) beat Blainville-Boisbriand 2-1 last night. Straka picked up an assist. Baie-Comeau up 1-0 in the series.

Straka: 9GP 8G 11A 19PTS so far in the playoffs.
Ugh for someone who is learning Finnish I still have trouble with French pronunciation.

DeflatedFootball7 is online now  
Old
04-20-2013, 04:13 AM
  #408
Akanon
Registered User
 
Akanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 602
vCash: 500
Plymouth - London post game presser, Stolarz was there, too.

LINK

Akanon is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 09:17 AM
  #409
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
One thing I noticed watching Stolaz is that he needs to work on his positioning better. Seems to get out of position alot but his athleticism makes up for it.
That is something that can be taught. But he athleticism is off the charts. And is he big to boot! Flyers may have a keeper here.

Hockeypete49 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 09:42 AM
  #410
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I dont see Tom Wilson being a top 6 guy though. Maybe top 9 or bottom 4. I dont see any offense in him, and his below average skating hurts alot also.

Side note: Straka's team won tonight. Was able to put up an assist.
I don't know about Wilson. He was one of the best skaters on the ice last night. His skating has improved ten fold since his draft year. He was real effective last night. On top of it, I'll say this right now, he's made Vincent Trocheck into the player he is. I always thought Seth Griffith was the most overrated player in the OHL and then I saw Trocheck last night and he's the biggest cherry picker I've ever seen. Barely back checks, always sits at the blue line waiting for the break out pass and often leaves his defensemen hanging dry.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:09 AM
  #411
BernieParent
HFB Partner
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Ugh for someone who is learning Finnish I still have trouble with French pronunciation.
A cheater's guide to pronunciation:

Blai - vill Bwa - bree - aan

And, crap! Go Armada!!!

BernieParent is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 05:42 PM
  #412
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,397
vCash: 500
Baie-Comeau won 2-1 today. Straka picked up another assist. BC up 2-0 in the series now.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 07:48 PM
  #413
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,710
vCash: 500
Phantoms losing 3-1 after 2. Goal by Alt w/ assists from Flanagan and Alderson

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:52 PM
  #414
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,710
vCash: 500
Phantoms lose 3-2. Bordson was the other goal scorer, with the lone assist from Akeson.

Edit: btw the 2nd phantoms goal was short handed

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:52 PM
  #415
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I have an NMC.
he really will give one to anybody...

sobrien is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 02:22 PM
  #416
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,397
vCash: 500
Portland won last night 4-0. Leier didn't register any points. Portland up 2-0 now in the series.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 02:35 PM
  #417
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,710
vCash: 500
adk down 1-0 against albany, 1st intermission. btw cousins has no points in 6 games so far. though i think it has a lot to do with fact that he's still playing on the 4th line.

Edit: phantoms up 3-1 after 2. Noebels picked up a goal and an assist. Flanagan and Alderson also each picked up an assist.

The fact that Cousins isn't being properly used is really starting to bother me now. Cousins and Alderson played very well together in the OHL, one could even argue that Cousins carried Alderson on that line yet Cousins gets 4th line minutes and no pp time while Alderson is on the 2nd line and getting second unit pp time.

Edit2: phantoms leading 4-1 halfway through the 3rd. Kessel added his 2nd of the game with the lone assist from Lilja.


Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 04-21-2013 at 03:56 PM.
FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 07:16 PM
  #418
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,397
vCash: 500
London lost 4-3 in double OT today. Plymouth tied the game up at 3 with 48 seconds left in the 3rd period. Stolarz stopped 41-45. Series now tied up at 1-1.

He's not a Flyer prospect but he was brought up the other day, Tom Wilson netted a hat trick and forced the game into OT.

Here's the highlights:
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/video/index

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 08:37 PM
  #419
jabba2
Just say no to Clowe
 
jabba2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
adk down 1-0 against albany, 1st intermission. btw cousins has no points in 6 games so far. though i think it has a lot to do with fact that he's still playing on the 4th line.

Edit: phantoms up 3-1 after 2. Noebels picked up a goal and an assist. Flanagan and Alderson also each picked up an assist.

The fact that Cousins isn't being properly used is really starting to bother me now. Cousins and Alderson played very well together in the OHL, one could even argue that Cousins carried Alderson on that line yet Cousins gets 4th line minutes and no pp time while Alderson is on the 2nd line and getting second unit pp time.

Edit2: phantoms leading 4-1 halfway through the 3rd. Kessel added his 2nd of the game with the lone assist from Lilja.
Having Cousins to focus solely on his defensive play is my guess.

jabba2 is online now  
Old
04-21-2013, 08:53 PM
  #420
dawkins121
Registered User
 
dawkins121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba2 View Post
Having Cousins to focus solely on his defensive play is my guess.
Yeah realistically if he's going to crack an NHL lineup it's probably going to be in the bottom 6, not the top 6. Needs to learn to maximize his grinder abilities.

dawkins121 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 08:59 PM
  #421
A Clerk
Schennergy
 
A Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vilnius
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 247
vCash: 500
whhats adirondack's lineup look like

A Clerk is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 10:50 PM
  #422
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Yeah realistically if he's going to crack an NHL lineup it's probably going to be in the bottom 6, not the top 6. Needs to learn to maximize his grinder abilities.
In general though a guy who scores 103 pts in the OHL isn't gonna be a 4th liner. 3rd liner yeah (bottom 6 still applies) do why would he playing on lower line in a lesser league? Nevertheless it's not just about working on his defense it's about working in all situations for the pro experience and playing big minutes. It's not like its going to hurt the teams playoffs hopes as they arent going anywhere so why not give one of the few guys on the roster with an NHL future the opportunities? It seems like other players with legit NHL hopes like Flanagan, Laughton and Alderson to some extent were just handed the more offensive roles while Cousins (who arguably has the best offensive upside) is playing with Mathers. I don't know, considering its all relative I just don't get it.

Last yr he played one game then was a healthy scratch the rest of the time. He was also a healthy scratch earlier before getting in on the 4th line with Mathers. I don't think Murray likes him very much

Btw, cousins picked up his first assist tonight in a 4-2 win over Albany


Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 04-21-2013 at 10:55 PM.
FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 11:03 PM
  #423
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Clerk View Post
whhats adirondack's lineup look like
McGinn-Laughton-Akeson
Noebels-Flanagan-Alderson
Sim-Roe-Brodson
Harper-Cousins-Mathers

Not sure on D pairings as they've been different the last few times I've seen them with all the recent call-ups/movement but they consist of Syvret, Lilja, Alt, Konan, Kessel and Eddy. The forward lines have been mostly unchanged for a little while now.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 05:10 AM
  #424
Psuhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
In general though a guy who scores 103 pts in the OHL isn't gonna be a 4th liner. 3rd liner yeah (bottom 6 still applies) do why would he playing on lower line in a lesser league? Nevertheless it's not just about working on his defense it's about working in all situations for the pro experience and playing big minutes. It's not like its going to hurt the teams playoffs hopes as they arent going anywhere so why not give one of the few guys on the roster with an NHL future the opportunities? It seems like other players with legit NHL hopes like Flanagan, Laughton and Alderson to some extent were just handed the more offensive roles while Cousins (who arguably has the best offensive upside) is playing with Mathers. I don't know, considering its all relative I just don't get it.

Last yr he played one game then was a healthy scratch the rest of the time. He was also a healthy scratch earlier before getting in on the 4th line with Mathers. I don't think Murray likes him very much

Btw, cousins picked up his first assist tonight in a 4-2 win over Albany
The Flyers management might just want him to earn everything as a pro. Maybe an attitude adjustment with him to get him to work harder but that is just speculation. Murray has a good deal of autonomy but I serious doubt Holmgren and Pryor would let him bury a prospect arbitrarily. Flyers brass don't care about the Phantoms winning; it is just a developmental team for the Flyers as Holmgren stated many times. I think they have a plan for everyone.

Psuhockey is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 12:23 PM
  #425
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
The Flyers management might just want him to earn everything as a pro. Maybe an attitude adjustment with him to get him to work harder but that is just speculation. Murray has a good deal of autonomy but I serious doubt Holmgren and Pryor would let him bury a prospect arbitrarily. Flyers brass don't care about the Phantoms winning; it is just a developmental team for the Flyers as Holmgren stated many times. I think they have a plan for everyone.
i agree with what you're saying that homer would let him get burried for no reason but keep in mind that Cousins only played one game last year and was a healthy scratch the rest. theres no way management should be ok with that, unless there is some other reason that i don't know of.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.