HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

J. Cowen for J. Eberle

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2013, 12:56 AM
Benny FTW
Tool Time Travel

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
Well admittedly it is awful hard to see Cowen play this year... considering he has been in all of two games

Injury prone top ten pick for slow developing top ten pick... yeah Oilers will keep PRV thanks...

if 2 injuries = injury prone than just about every player in the NHL and AHL are injury prone.

How is making the NHL at 20 and being a top 4 dman slow developing?

Old
04-20-2013, 12:58 AM
WantEggRoll

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Except for the small fact Greening > Paajarvi, Greening is 26 and Paajarvi 21, and Greening was eligible for waivers. Completely different situation.

Ottawa doesn't rush players.

Dude, you've admitted Paajarvi is a 3rd/4th line winger. If you think he's still better and more valuable than Cowen, then that means you don't know ANYTHING about Cowen. Admit it, it's OK. We get it, you can't watch every single NHL game.
Since we aren't discussing things rationally I'll join Schultz's approach of taking random pot shots without actually making a point.

You'll get called out on this. When dealing with an Edmonton Oiler fan you have to factor in "potential" when comparing players. You see Greening might be a better player right now than Paajarvi, but Paajarvi is going to be a 100+ point player in the future, so it is insulting to mention Greening in the same sentence as him. They have been brain washed into believing that all of their players are gold and no matter how many times they finish dead last in the league nothing is going to change their mind.

Just take comfort in the fact that a 160 pound third year defenseman put up more points than their best forward last season.

Old
04-20-2013, 01:00 AM
HockeySens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
if 2 injuries = injury prone than just about every player in the NHL and AHL are injury prone.

How is making the NHL at 20 and being a top 4 dman slow developing?
Not to mention one was in juniors

Old
04-20-2013, 01:01 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
So Gryba who is playing over 20 minutes for the Sens would not crack the Oilers lineup?

Come on man, try actually thinking before you type.

Dubnyk has a .920 SV %. That's really good. At some point you have to stop blaming your goalie for your deficiencies.
Our problem this year has been scoring goals more than preventing them. Our big need is a well rounded d-man with a solid breakout pass, and that's not Cowen. He's a great young d-man, but neither the right fit nor the right value for Eberle.

Old
04-20-2013, 01:03 AM
Iceonfire

Quote:
So Gryba who is playing over 20 minutes for the Sens would not crack the Oilers lineup?

Come on man, try actually thinking before you type.

Dubnyk has a .920 SV %. That's really good. At some point you have to stop blaming your goalie for your deficiencies.
Quote:
I don't think Wiercioch is coming out anymore.

I mean I guess it's possible if his performance drops, but he'll get the opportunity before Gryba.

So 20+ minutes is a bar for what cracks the Oilers line up?

Dubnyk is the king of softies. His Sv% is bloated by games where he faces like 40+ shots.

And I swear 6/10 it is a forward that makes an error leading to a goal, not one of our D.

Smyth, Jones, Yakupov at one point.

The biggest problem the Oil have is that we can't break out of our own zone so our D get over worked, so does Dubnyk.

So no, Gryba would do nothing for us. Weircoch would. That is my point.

Old
04-20-2013, 01:03 AM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
You'll get called out on this. When dealing with an Edmonton Oiler fan you have to factor in "potential" when comparing players.
I forgot potential exists only outside of Edmonton...

Curious about Paajarvi vs Silfverberg for example... MSP is younger and yet he is apparently a bust/3rd or 4th liner/disappointment... and Silfverberg is a star on the rise despite near same points this year...

Sens logic is a weird thing...

Old
04-20-2013, 01:04 AM
HockeySens

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Our problem this year has been scoring goals more than preventing them. Our big need is a well rounded d-man with a solid breakout pass, and that's not Cowen. He's a great young d-man, but neither the right fit nor the right value for Eberle.
Isnt schultz tht guy? Its hard to believ tht a team with tht much offensive talent is having a hard time scoring goals. Wats happening in edmonton. Really thought they wud make the playoffs

Old
04-20-2013, 01:06 AM
WantEggRoll

Quote:
I forgot potential exists only outside of Edmonton...

Curious about Paajarvi vs Silfverberg for example... MSP is younger and yet he is apparently a bust/3rd or 4th liner/disappointment... and Silfverberg is a star on the rise despite near same points this year...

Sens logic is a weird thing...
Funny how I've never said that. For fun though if you'd like to compare a player playing in NA for the first time on an injury riddled team vs. a top ten draft pick playing in their third year of NA professional hockey on "one of the most talented young teams" then we could explore that further. Only regrettable part of that is that I don't bother projecting how good a player "could be" hence I had no interest in seeing Cowen moved for Eberle. I'd like to see what Cowen is first before even imaging what he could be moved for. I'll leave the projections for the professionals.

Old
04-20-2013, 01:07 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySens View Post
Isnt schultz tht guy? Its hard to believ tht a team with tht much offensive talent is having a hard time scoring goals. Wats happening in edmonton. Really thought they wud make the playoffs
He could be. But he's still raw. The problem is that we have no depth. Our top line has scored well. Our second line has scored okay. Our bottom six hasn't really scored at all. And aside from J. Schultz, our d-men haven't chipped in enough either. Its depth. And consistency, which will come, but you need to remember that our key skilled players for the most part, have 3 years or less experience. We need more suitable veteran leaders for the bottom six. That is where the goal scoring issues have come from.

Old
04-20-2013, 01:14 AM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
For fun though if you'd like to compare a player playing in NA for the first time on an injury riddled team vs. a top ten draft pick playing in their third year of NA professional hockey on "one of the most talented young teams" then we could explore that further.
So let me compile the list so far...

-Playing more games is negative for Oilers players (Paajarvi)
-Playing less games is negative for Oilers players (RNH)
-Scoring more points is negative for Oilers players (Eberle)
-Scoring less points is negative for Oilers players

-Playing more games is positive for Sens players (apparently whole roster vs RNH)
-Playing less games is positive for Sens players (Karlsson, Cowen)
-Scoring more points is positive for Sens players (Silfverberg vs Paajarvi)
-Scoring less points more positive for Sens players (Turris vs Gagner)

Everything is a negative for Oilers... everything advantage for Sens... so much spin Whirlpool should look at you guys to make their next laundry appliances...

Old
04-20-2013, 01:23 AM
WantEggRoll

Quote:

-Playing more games is positive for Sens players (apparently whole roster vs RNH)

Everything is a negative for Oilers... everything advantage for Sens... so much spin Whirlpool should look at you guys to make their next laundry appliances...
Funny that each time you respond to my comments it is generally with even more random points I've never brought up. In this case we have Turris vs Gagner coming out of nowhere. Very nice. In conclusion every Edmonton player is better than any Ottawa player and that is why each team is where they are in the standings.

Old
04-20-2013, 01:28 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:

We used to do this as a fan base. At one point it was Schremp, another it was Chorney. We've all had our infatuations. It just so happens Senators fans are currently engaged in one with Cowen. It just crosses into bizarro territory when they are demanding a 76 point Eberle in exchange for him.

Old
04-20-2013, 01:30 AM
WantEggRoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
We used to do this as a fan base. At one point it was Schremp, another it was Chorney. We've all had our infatuations. It just so happens Senators fans are currently engaged in one with Cowen. It just crosses into bizarro territory when they are demanding a 76 point Eberle in exchange for him.
Going back to the start of the thread I said neither team would be interested in this trade. If they were it would take more than Cowen to get it done. With that said I'm done here since there seems to be little point in discussing things further.

Old
04-20-2013, 01:50 AM
Benny FTW
Tool Time Travel

vCash: 50
This thread has become to childish for me. Cya.

Old
04-20-2013, 01:58 AM
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone

considering he has been out for most of the year-Cowen's value is at an all time low and there is no way I trade Eberle straight for him

Old
04-20-2013, 02:42 AM
tml145

trading Cowen for Eberle is the biggest mistake the Sens could make

Eberle is a good player but, there are many players like him in the nhl

D-men like Cowen don't come around that often

Old
04-20-2013, 02:50 AM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator