HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[SJS/PHX] Raffi Torres to San Jose for 3rd [FLA's] Round Pick

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2013, 02:52 PM
The Architect
When weasels fly...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksFan1 View Post
Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.
I didn't hear chants of Rafi but I did hear plenty of people cheering him on - the camera focused on him a few times and people really got loud for him.

Old
04-20-2013, 03:27 AM
FeedingFrenzy

and the legend continues to grow....Still think DW signs him sooner than later.....

Old
04-20-2013, 04:18 AM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingFrenzy View Post
and the legend continues to grow....Still think DW signs him sooner than later.....
Basically if he plays all the games he is signed for, he will be damn good for us.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:08 PM
FeedingFrenzy

and growing.......Put aside your hate and realize Torres is a perfect fit on this team...Really love what he brings every night..Get that boy signed

Old
04-24-2013, 02:24 PM
Juxtaposer
Window: Closed

vCash: 50
This may quietly be the best trade deadline acquisition made this year.

Old
04-24-2013, 02:52 PM
ChompChomp
My avi is gospel

Quote:
and growing.......Put aside your hate and realize Torres is a perfect fit on this team...Really love what he brings every night..Get that boy signed
If Torres is, for us, the playoff beast we expect (and probably what DW was hoping for), I suspect Torres will get a contract offer in the offseason.

Old
04-24-2013, 03:07 PM
matt trick

I was okay with this acquisition at the time. Hated Torres, wanted to keep pick #60 but we needed a legitimate third liner. He is/was definitely that. What I did not expect was a guy who makes an impact on every shift. At this point, I am like f the pick. I still think we are short a #6 F short of being a an elite team, but Torres fills a major hole.

Old
04-24-2013, 03:08 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 1040
Quote:
It is perfectly acceptable to hate his previous behavior and still agree that he's been good so far.

I don't care how good he is though, he starts headhunting and I want him gone.

Old
04-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
If Torres is, for us, the playoff beast we expect (and probably what DW was hoping for), I suspect Torres will get a contract offer in the offseason.
I say sign him now before he proves that value

OMG I just said sign Raffi Torres now. This is ... I'm so confused!!!

Old
04-24-2013, 03:21 PM
lsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
It is perfectly acceptable to hate his previous behavior and still agree that he's been good so far.

This.

Old
04-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Juxtaposer
Window: Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post

Seconded.

Old
04-24-2013, 04:14 PM
OrrNumber4

Torres has been good, but I still do not think SJ should retain him past this year. I'd take him at a cheap price, of course, but right now, Torres is bringing his A game very night. He has always been like this; he can put together a string of really strong games and then just fades away. He's infamous for going stretches of 20+ games where he is doing nothing. If SJ hands him a big contract I could see him floating his way through it.

Of course, people will mention that Torres always brings it to the playoffs, which will go a long way to making his contract palatable. Plus, even at his worst, Torres is an acceptable third-liner, which is worth 2 million/year (after all, consider what Adam Burish is getting paid).

Old
04-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Fistfullofbeer
#RALLYCAT

vCash: 1100
I don't get how so many people wanted to re-sign Winnik so badly last year but do not want to get Torres. He has done absolutely nothing with his short time in SJ (I know small sample size) which would make me not want to re-sign him.

Also, I had referenced his interviews and read comments in the Yotes forums as soon as we acquired him. He certainly seems like a changed player and is walking the talk.

I have 0 concerns about re-signing him.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:07 PM
The Architect
When weasels fly...

I'd go as high as 2.25/2 years for him. That is realistic - hey, it's less than Zeus!

Old
04-24-2013, 07:55 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

hearing people in the tank actively and proactively cheering Torres seems so bizarre to me. Even acknowledging that he's done well for the Sharks so far and hasn't been a headcase like he's known for, cheering for him still feels like I'm fighting the urge to gag/vomit a little bit.

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows..."
Old
04-24-2013, 08:00 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
Harg Nallin'

vCash: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
hearing people in the tank actively and proactively cheering Torres seems so bizarre to me. Even acknowledging that he's done well for the Sharks so far and hasn't been a headcase like he's known for, cheering for him still feels like I'm fighting the urge to gag/vomit a little bit.

"Should've put some coal between my buttcheeks, could've made diamonds" - jakeytown, Game 2 vs Kings
Old
04-24-2013, 08:52 PM
MarleauApologist
#FireDougWilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrNumber4 View Post
Torres has been good, but I still do not think SJ should retain him past this year. I'd take him at a cheap price, of course, but right now, Torres is bringing his A game very night. He has always been like this; he can put together a string of really strong games and then just fades away. He's infamous for going stretches of 20+ games where he is doing nothing. If SJ hands him a big contract I could see him floating his way through it.

Of course, people will mention that Torres always brings it to the playoffs, which will go a long way to making his contract palatable. Plus, even at his worst, Torres is an acceptable third-liner, which is worth 2 million/year (after all, consider what Adam Burish is getting paid).
Yeah, you're making the streaky part up. I've never seen anybody say that before. Who exactly would you bring back in his place if not him? When is the last time we acquired a free agent as good as Torres, not counting Brad Stuart who was drafted here, played the majority of his career here, and has his family here? We most likely will be unable to fill the hole that trading Raffi brings, and he's been amazing. Can't see any reason not to re-sign him. He's a rare breed of player, and I'd pay up to 2.5 over 3 years for him if I had to. I get that he's not going t

Old
04-24-2013, 08:55 PM
do0glas

20+ games doing nothing? ive never heard that. and his game logs say otherwise. sounds like hyperbole to me.

Old
04-24-2013, 08:57 PM
MarleauApologist
#FireDougWilson

Wow, my phone is awful. I accidentally hit submit reply and I can't edit my post, but basically my point was that he isn't going to produce at satan ppg (.666, 2pts/3gm) forever, but he's a reliable 3rd liner, and 15-15-30 is a realistic expectation. Honestly don't see who else would be a better replacement even at 2.5. It won't be a free agent, and Nieto needso ahl time.

Nieto's far from a blue chip, and he has 11 Ahl games in his career. Couture played 3/4 of a season in the AHL before he was ready for a 3rd line role in the NHL, and he was arguably a legit blue chip (has certainly developed as one) and Couture's first 25 games<Raffi Torres next year.

Tldr and I'm gettin off topic, Raffi is the best option we've got.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:24 PM
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking

vCash: 1250
We finally got that 3rd line player we've been wanting, I don't really see a reason to just let him go.

Old
04-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Stanley as in Cup

As a canuck fan I can say he did go on long streaks of uselessness but he is a bottom six and as far as I have seen they all do. We wanted him back at the deadline cause he can crush guys and he brings energy. I came to see your lineups since the odds are we are playing you guys and I was a little sad when I realized Torres had been traded to you guys. Too busy with the Luongo thing I guess. I really hope he has compassion on our guys if we end up playing.

Old
05-02-2013, 02:09 PM
FeedingFrenzy

And growing 3yrs/6.75mil........Sooner than later.If game 1 didnt seal the deal for you guys, there is no helping you.....Get er done DW......

Old
05-03-2013, 01:08 AM
Hold the Pickles

Any word how he likes it here? I don't see any problems on the bench or anything, but is he fitting in?

Old
05-03-2013, 12:35 PM
SharksFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
I'd go as high as 2.25/2 years for him. That is realistic - hey, it's less than Zeus!
That sounds about right.

Old
05-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Hold the Pickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
And helping the team more than Clowe (at least this year).

He's like Ross, clowes for less.

Closed Thread