HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Bud Holloway

Old
04-18-2013, 08:07 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Werent you the one who brought it up and now you love it I keep refering to it ?

The Parse thing was indeed a highlight reel.
Perhaps you can point out where in any of my posts I have called anyone brought up in this thread a scrub? I've never once referred to any player in a negative fashion at all. I've simply been trying to point out there exists reasons Holloway was not called up during his time with the Monarchs. I think you need to go re-read my posts, instead of just seeing red because you misunderstand something I said.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 02:42 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
The famous HFboards defense. Yeah, there's zero reason for me, or anyone else, to believe that.

And frankly if Bud is turning down good contract offers because he might look bad, then he has zero business acumen (or his agent, whoever gave him that advise). Not to mention I like how it's implied he'd turn it down because RFA signings aren't the norm, hence why its deemed a bad idea, yet he bolts to Sweden rather than staying with the Kings. I mean, clearly that's a very normal, every day procedure that hundreds of 22-year-old players do every year, turning down a two-way contract with an NHL club for a chance to play in the SEL. Heck, Moller's from Sweden and even he asked the Kings permission before signing there, not leaving with zero notice like Bud.
You're right, there isn't one reason to believe it. But hey, that's just the way she goes sometimes.

Also, you might consider that he would've been a free agent anyway this July, and it looked pretty likely that there would be a lengthy lockout. So, he could take a 1-year low money deal to come over now, or delay it a few months and cash in on the open market. There simply wasn't a whole lot of upside to an offer sheet, aside from getting out of the Kings organization, which he can do soon enough anyway. As far as him bolting being unusual, it is, but if he's leaving for another country in large part because he's unhappy with the organization, he's probably not going to ask for their blessing.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 04:13 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
According to Dean Lombardi he was marked as the next guy to be called up at the end of last season. After Moller got called up late, Holloway was next. Lombardi was pissed when he bolted this season to Sweden.
Reports over here was that it was a money thing and that the offer from the Kings was reportedly below the going rate. PLayers have options and he used all his options. Kings can be pissed as much as the like, but from his perspective his last two years on the farm, he saw all his linemated and other teammates ge recalled and he did not get s niff.

25 years old and not a single NHL game and he saw that the kings added more fwds (before he went to Europe) and decided his future was elsewhere

He is getting more money playing in Europe then he would have gotten on the farm

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 08:06 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Perhaps you can point out where in any of my posts I have called anyone brought up in this thread a scrub? I've never once referred to any player in a negative fashion at all. I've simply been trying to point out there exists reasons Holloway was not called up during his time with the Monarchs. I think you need to go re-read my posts, instead of just seeing red because you misunderstand something I said.
i read perfectly what you said. I can think of many reasons but saying bud was never a high point producer and others including Scott ****ing parse were, is another thing.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 06:16 PM
SurMartin

Reports from the gold-celebrations in Skellefteć is that Holloway is staying another year.
Quote:
Skelleftećs starforward Bud Holloway stays in the club. According to a source to SVT Sport, Holloway said at a party banquet on Friday evening that he will remain in goldteam next year.

- I will be back next season, said Bud Holloway at the banquet.

Bud Holloway has had offers from Russian league KHL, but declined.

- Money is not everything in the world. It rules the world but for me that's a lot of ********, he said earlier to Expressen.
Have to imagine this is if he doesn't get a one-way contract with an NHL-team.

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 08:33 PM
PJ A Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurMartin View Post
Reports from the gold-celebrations in Skellefteć is that Holloway is staying another year.

Yeah, pretty much depends on the interest from NHL, assuming there's a transfer agreement by then. So it doesn't mean much IMO.

PJ A Oates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 08:41 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:

He might have been drunk when he decided. Might change his mind when he sobers up

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:59 PM
XO

Bud is awesome.

XO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 02:23 AM
NuxFan09

Haven't followed this thread at all. Can any Kings fans share what their thoughts were when Holloway was still in the Kings system? Is his success in the SEL this year something that came out of the blue or not surprising at all?

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:51 AM
Harks

Harks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:56 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harks View Post
That's awesome! Thanks for posting that. The chant at the end of "Holloway" is great!

Quote:
Haven't followed this thread at all. Can any Kings fans share what their thoughts were when Holloway was still in the Kings system? Is his success in the SEL this year something that came out of the blue or not surprising at all?
It was kind of a shock as a Kings fan that he did as well as he did in the SEL... I thought he'd be good, but him being one of the top guys in the league was out of the blue. He kind of broke out the past two years and if the rumor of him staying in Sweden for another year (it sounds like it in the video) is true then I hope he brings Skelleftea another championship. He was a decent prospect while here and it's great that he's found his niche and a place that he can thrive and find success.

Last edited by tigermask48: 04-20-2013 at 04:09 AM.
tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 04:36 AM
Harks

Here's another clip from yesterday. Gotta love this guy!

http://www.svtplay.se/klipp/1171866/...er-springsteen

If it doesn't work...

Harks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:09 AM
KapG

hopefully an NHL team shows some serious interest. Wanna see what this guy can do in the NHL.

KapG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Form and Substance

Is this the prospect that used to work out with walmart weights while his brother spotted him in Gare Joyce's book?

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:26 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Love the Holloway chant! Those chants are way better than what you here in NA arenas.

The guy is a national treasure already, that's something you can't buy. I could understand him staying for another year, or longer perhaps.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 01:07 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post
Is this the prospect that used to work out with walmart weights while his brother spotted him in Gare Joyce's book?
Yes indeed it is.

04-20-2013, 01:33 PM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Love the Holloway chant! Those chants are way better than what you here in NA arenas.

The guy is a national treasure already, that's something you can't buy. I could understand him staying for another year, or longer perhaps.
That's just a "standard chant". They have a more specific one for him: "All you need is Bud! Lalalalala..." you know the tune.

http://norran.se/2013/04/skellefteaa...g-behover-har/
Longer interview with Holloway about his plans (google translated):
Quote:
When Skellefteć AIK last night had gold party took Bud Holloway decision. He went up on stage and told everyone that he would come back to Skelleftea AIK next season.
- I have taken the decision for a good while ago, but I have not wanted to tell anyone. I did not want the focus would be on the next season, but this, says Holloway to Norran.
Now he is waiting just for signing a one-year contract, which he did two years in a row.
- Yes, that's right. It will be soon. Or more precisely. It will be when Lasse (Johansson) puts the contract in front of me. Then I take the pen and write, he says, laughing.
He really loves Skellefteć.
- I came here two years ago. I sat on a plane and traveled across the sea to a place I knew nothing about. But from day one, I liked it. I have many brothers in the team and I've got myself an incredible number of friends in this community. And I mean, what is one more wish for is family and friends. For me, the most important of all in life. Moreover, my family loves to be here too, and that's important.
He is to sign a contract with Skelleftea AIK, but it is still not certain that it is in Skellefteć Kraft Arena he will have his stuff next year.
- I will have an NHL clause in my contract. Just as I had every time I've signed on for Skellefteć. My dream has always been to play there since I saw it as a little guy. But I do not know if I get a one-way contract. If I get it I will probably take the chance. One should follow their dreams.
Defending Stanley Cup champions Los Angeles Kings own the rights.
- But I do not know what they want. I have not talked to them in years, and my agent has not heard anything. So we'll see what they say when they finish playing there.
He has had offers from the KHL, but Holloway has declined and therefore declined to become a multimillionaire in the KHL.
- But money is not everything in the world. I'm not naive, I know that money rules the world, but I wish more people would think like me. I am a very simple guy. I already have money so I'm good. I don't exactly live a poor life. I can treat myself to a lot of stuff that others can not. Moreover, radio is for free and as long as I can listen to country music, I am satisfied and happy, he says, laughing again.

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Form and Substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Yes indeed it is.
ha! good on him, he's come a really long way.

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 01:17 PM
bottomofthefoodchain

Quote:
That's just a "standard chant". They have a more specific one for him: "All you need is Bud! Lalalalala..." you know the tune.

http://norran.se/2013/04/skellefteaa...g-behover-har/
Longer interview with Holloway about his plans (google translated):
Hey Bud, radio is not free! Pay up!

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote