HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Columbus vs. St. Louis

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2003, 06:03 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketracket
Nice seats!! You gonna be in the same seats Wed.?

We were sitting off to the left side of the net, about 6 rows up---watching that softie slowly trickle over the line was like watching in slo-motion. Agonizing.
Yeah, that's exactly how I felt during the first period of last Saturday's Dallas game...
I probably won't make it Wenesday, unless I get really lucky again, but who knows? My wallet is still hurting from the holidays, but if I make it, I'll hunt you down and drag you to the beer line.

Old
12-30-2003, 01:51 AM
jackets63

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mta3
Nothing personifies Columbus more than the "Voice Of YOUR Columbus Blue Jackets" telling the fans what they won't discuss on the air. The President, General Manager and Head Coach adds "Media Censor" to his nameplate. Impressive.
Normally, I would agree with you. It is almost comical how they dance around saying anything negative. But really, its been discussed over and over again, and we arent really going to get any new answers. They are never going to come out and say that he should step down, so theres no point in taking time away from other idiots who come up with other idiotic questions.

Actually, I think the statement says a lot. It says that there are so many people calling for his head that we have to go out of our way to tell people we arent going to talk about it. The could just screen those calls and questions out without ever telling the listening public that they have an overwelming number of calls about MacLean getting fired.

Old
12-30-2003, 04:43 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Sorry guys, but the blame for this one doesn't rest with the coaches or players. This one is totally my fault.
For Christmas, my wife got me a Rick Nash bobblehead. Friday evening, me, my wife and Bobble Rick watched the Jackets get their first road win. Prior to the game, I asked Bobble Rick if the Jackets were going to win. He said yes.
Well, by Saturday, my wife had moved Bobble Rick to my office and we were out of town and didn't see the game. Jackets lose.
Last night, I did settle down to watch the game, but I forgot to hold any pregame conversations with Bobble Rick. Not only that, but I left him in my office. Jackets lose again. I asked him if the Jackets lost because he didn't get to watch the game. He said yes.
This one is my bad.

This makes perfect sense right? The Jackets aren't driving me to insanity are they? Bobble-headed statues can control the outcomes of games can't they?

No beer and no wins make Kallio something, something...

Old
12-30-2003, 05:06 AM
3mta3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackets63
Normally, I would agree with you. It is almost comical how they dance around saying anything negative. But really, its been discussed over and over again, and we arent really going to get any new answers. They are never going to come out and say that he should step down, so theres no point in taking time away from other idiots who come up with other idiotic questions.

Actually, I think the statement says a lot. It says that there are so many people calling for his head that we have to go out of our way to tell people we arent going to talk about it. The could just screen those calls and questions out without ever telling the listening public that they have an overwelming number of calls about MacLean getting fired.
I agree with your point 100%, 63.

I would have taken the approach of having the production assistant filter calls about the subject instead of making a broadcast announcement to the world (folks do listen on the web) that we're not going to talk about firing MacLean tonight. At least then you could maintain an air of impartiality - false though it may be.

Old
12-30-2003, 05:11 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Rookie User

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
No beer and no wins make Kallio something, something...

Go Crazy?

Old
12-30-2003, 08:53 AM
brianhatesu

Send a message via AIM to brianhatesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackets63
They are not allowed to say anything really negitive about the team.

Old
12-30-2003, 09:50 AM
jackets63

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhatesu
They are not allowed to say anything really negitive about the team.
Thats true to a point. Mostly its just them being spineless to save thier own jobs. You cant call for the head of the guy who signs your check and last very long.

I just wonder if George and Bill are going to start moving to a point where they can speak their mind though as they get more and more popular. Kind of like Marty Brennamen for the Reds. I was just listening to him today talk about how the team that the Reds fielded over the last two months of the season was the worst Major League team he has EVER seen. Hes also not afraid to call it like it is during a game when the team plays like garbage. But then again, hes a Hall of Famer and there would be a huge public backlash if he were fired for saying that stuff. If George and Bill start to get that comfortable, Im curious what they would say in this situation.

Old
12-30-2003, 10:21 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zherdev Fan
Go Crazy?
Don't mind if I do!!!! Blah, blahhhh, blaaaahhh.

Closed Thread