HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Western Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

WC D1A Budapest, Hungary (Final roster announced)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-19-2013, 11:29 AM
  #201
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,170
vCash: 500
Win or lose today, tomorrow is the only game that matters now

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:37 AM
  #202
Propane Nightmares
Sales & Marketing
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 48,603
vCash: 500
**** me

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:41 AM
  #203
Propane Nightmares
Sales & Marketing
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 48,603
vCash: 500
Farmer from Richardson!

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:48 AM
  #204
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,170
vCash: 500
I haven't paid attention to the 3rd period. This Boston Marathon story kinda took over

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 12:03 PM
  #205
Propane Nightmares
Sales & Marketing
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 48,603
vCash: 500
game over, 4-1

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 06:18 PM
  #206
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats View Post
game over, 4-1
Ye this is poopy

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 07:08 PM
  #207
Propane Nightmares
Sales & Marketing
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 48,603
vCash: 500
It's just so frustrating to watch, it's nearly as bad as watching the Rangers, they just seem to dump and chase every time

The powerplay is atrocious, I think it is something like 1 for 24

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 08:04 PM
  #208
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats View Post
It's just so frustrating to watch, it's nearly as bad as watching the Rangers, they just seem to dump and chase every time

The powerplay is atrocious, I think it is something like 1 for 24
What can you do though?
They never get a chance to play together, they don't have amazing depth (Boothroyd for example... and I'm surprised at how bad a guy like Ashley Tait has been among others).

Too bad there wasn't one EIHL team that would just gather all the top GB talent and be an unofficial GB National team with a full GB roster

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 08:27 PM
  #209
Propane Nightmares
Sales & Marketing
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 48,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
What can you do though?
They never get a chance to play together, they don't have amazing depth (Boothroyd for example... and I'm surprised at how bad a guy like Ashley Tait has been among others).

Too bad there wasn't one EIHL team that would just gather all the top GB talent and be an unofficial GB National team with a full GB roster
But this year they have had chance to play together with the olympic qualifiers, its the most preparation we've had for a WC in years and the worst performance we've had in years.

This seems purely a case of certain guys not showing up and not being good enough. There seems to be no organization on the ice whatsoever nor does there appear to be a plan B when things aren't going right

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:25 PM
  #210
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats View Post
But this year they have had chance to play together with the olympic qualifiers, its the most preparation we've had for a WC in years and the worst performance we've had in years.

This seems purely a case of certain guys not showing up and not being good enough. There seems to be no organization on the ice whatsoever nor does there appear to be a plan B when things aren't going right
Their best player from the Olympic Qualifiers is in Kazakhstan right now. A few of the players are different as well. Plus it was months ago - momentum/chemistry can be lost when you're playing daily, it can definitely be lost over a few months.

Hopefully O'Connor gets an offer from a Swedish team this year

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:02 PM
  #211
Propane Nightmares
Sales & Marketing
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 48,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Their best player from the Olympic Qualifiers is in Kazakhstan right now. A few of the players are different as well. Plus it was months ago - momentum/chemistry can be lost when you're playing daily, it can definitely be lost over a few months.

Hopefully O'Connor gets an offer from a Swedish team this year
Last year GB played a grand total of 0 games together as a team during the year, our head coach and David Longstaff were not even there for the first game! They both got on a plane straight from EPL finals weekend. We still did better that year. Yes Ben O'Connor isn't playing but that's just 1 player.

Do you honestly believe that our top forwards such as Dowd, Shields and Clarke are playing as well as they should be?

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:07 PM
  #212
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats View Post
Last year GB played a grand total of 0 games together as a team during the year, our head coach and David Longstaff were not even there for the first game! They both got on a plane straight from EPL finals weekend. We still did better that year. Yes Ben O'Connor isn't playing but that's just 1 player.

Do you honestly believe that our top forwards such as Dowd, Shields and Clarke are playing as well as they should be?
Did I say they were?

There's a ton of guys playing like ****, I've said the entire tournament that guys aren't moving their feet, have no strength on the puck, and have been spectators in each game. It's like they were saving their energy for the last two games then came out flat anyway.

What do you propose should be done about that lol I'll let you offer your solution and I'll shoot it down this time, change it up a bit

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:16 PM
  #213
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,170
vCash: 500
Curious as to when you think guys like Joseph Lewis or possibly Jack Prince should be taken to a Senior Men's event. Robert Farmer's a year older then both and he was on the team last year, I think you agree that James Griffin should have been given the opportunity > Boothroyd.

So when do you think these guys should be given experience? I know how you felt when I brought up a similar suggestion with Ben Bowns but these guys aren't goalies so maybe the opinion is different?

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:44 PM
  #214
Propane Nightmares
Sales & Marketing
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 48,603
vCash: 500
I didn't say anything could be done about it thats my point, its frustrating to watch them play like that.

Yes i think Griffin should be on the team because he is good enough. Farmer is on the team because he is good enough, he is one of the top scoring Brits in the EIHL. I dont believe Lewis or Prince are anywhere near Farmer's level right now.

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:55 AM
  #215
Alpine
Registered User
 
Alpine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Going to be an interesting day.
GB needs 3 points plain and simple. Korea 1 pt.
Kazakhstan need a W but what kinda game will it be with Italy having promotion in their back pocket.
Hungary will have all to play for IF Kazakhstan loses. If not both Japan and Kazakhstan are just playing out the tourney. Advantage Hungary because they're playing at home.
Disappointing performance by Team GB.....expectations were high.

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:34 AM
  #216
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,170
vCash: 500
Only game that ****ing matters and no link to a live stream around

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:39 AM
  #217
Alpine
Registered User
 
Alpine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Only game that ****ing matters and no link to a live stream around
Gave up....
Listening to the audio on Ice Hockey UK
GB 1-0 on the PP

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:43 AM
  #218
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Gave up....
Listening to the audio on Ice Hockey UK
GB 1-0 on the PP
my least favorite part of hockey is listening to commentary

Unbelievable

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:19 AM
  #219
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats View Post
I didn't say anything could be done about it thats my point, its frustrating to watch them play like that.

Yes i think Griffin should be on the team because he is good enough. Farmer is on the team because he is good enough, he is one of the top scoring Brits in the EIHL. I dont believe Lewis or Prince are anywhere near Farmer's level right now.
Of course you don't think anything can be done about it lol despite a lot of progress in GB hockey the last while, you seem to think this is the ceiling for GB hockey and they won't ever be better then they are now. I don't get it.

Question wasn't should Lewis or Prince be there > Farmer, it's should Lewis or Prince be there, and if not, when (More Lewis then Prince because I donno if you've seen Prince play since he's been in NA for a long while now). There are a few guys on the 4th line or 13th forward who have done anything more then Luke Boothroyd

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:19 AM
  #220
Alpine
Registered User
 
Alpine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
1-1 in the 2nd OH..OH

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:25 AM
  #221
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
1-1 in the 2nd OH..OH
Is that the goal scorers name?

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:27 AM
  #222
Propane Nightmares
Sales & Marketing
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 48,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Of course you don't think anything can be done about it lol despite a lot of progress in GB hockey the last while, you seem to think this is the ceiling for GB hockey and they won't ever be better then they are now. I don't get it.

Question wasn't should Lewis or Prince be there > Farmer, it's should Lewis or Prince be there, and if not, when (More Lewis then Prince because I donno if you've seen Prince play since he's been in NA for a long while now). There are a few guys on the 4th line or 13th forward who have done anything more then Luke Boothroyd
I didn't say that, I was trying to say there isn't an excuse for the way they have been playing, Sir Tony needs to light a fire under their *****.

Just saying the age comparison to Farmer isn't really relevant because he's by far the best player we've produced in his generation since Rob Dowd. Lewis needs to show what he can do in Germany for another year or two, he was not even on the 40man prelim roster so that shows he's not even on the radar yet. It's hard to say with Jack Prince because I don't know how he compares to the level of EIHL, and I doubt IHUK have the resources to send someone over to watch him.

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:31 AM
  #223
Alpine
Registered User
 
Alpine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
2-1 Korea...,

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:39 AM
  #224
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,170
vCash: 500
WC D1B thread?

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:41 AM
  #225
Propane Nightmares
Sales & Marketing
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 48,603
vCash: 500
annnnd here comes the monumental collapse

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.