HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Rangers @ Sabres 4/19/13

View Poll Results: 3 Stars
Clowe 22 22.68%
Brassard 10 10.31%
Nash 35 36.08%
Zuccarrello 13 13.40%
Richards 87 89.69%
Pyatt 2 2.06%
Hagelin 28 28.87%
Stepan 32 32.99%
Callahan 19 19.59%
Kreider 3 3.09%
Asham 0 0%
Powe 0 0%
McDonagh 8 8.25%
Girardi 0 0%
Del Zotto 1 1.03%
Stralman 5 5.15%
Moore 5 5.15%
Eminger 1 1.03%
Lundqvist 7 7.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-20-2013, 02:13 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
When an elite goalie is half-way to a shutout, you don't pull him. THAT'S disrespectful to your best player. We live and die with Hank, so when we are up by 6, we all of a sudden get cocky and say we don't need you anymore Hank? That's not how it works. Maybe when Kel Varnsen gets back from behind the bench in Buffalo he can explain to us why he put the 4th line on the ice. Great game.
Not to mention that's NOT how goaltending in the NHL works.

You don't pull a goalie because you're up by a lot to give him a rest for the last 20 minutes. You pull a goalie if he's giving up soft goals. Whether a shutout is going or not is irrelevant. If he needs a rest he can skip a practice or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
When we are up by 6 we don't need him...The only reason they don't pull him there is the typical coaching reasoning of something illogical that is basically "That's how it's always been" or "It's just not what you do." (this is the logic baseball managers love to use when questioned on why they have to save their closer to come in up by 3 in the 9th instead of say bringing them in in a key spot in the 7th with the bases loaded where you absolutely need outs. Or when they refuse to use them in extra innings on the road until they get a lead - because according to Jerry Manuel "That's just not what you do."

We were up 5 2 minutes into the 2nd period. He was not close to a shutout. It's not like it was late in the 3rd.

If your options are
1. Leave him in a blowout with 30-40 minutes left in the game so he might get a shutout but also risks the chance of injury for the most important player on the team in a game that is in the bag (Oh, and also on a day where he played the night before)

2. Take him out to make sure he stays healthy and gets some time off while risking a chance you "disrespect" the most important on the team who knows he is the top guy

2 is by far the better option. It's like by taking him out he's all of a sudden going to completely lose his confidence and be unable to play or lash out and demand to be traded. It's just the smarter decision in terms of the long term health and ability of the team.
If torts actually tried to take him out, Lundqvist would tell him there's not a chance in hell he's getting off the ice.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 02:18 AM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

vCash: 500
I don't know what the hell I watched tonight, but I'm not going to complain considering we got two points that were desperately needed.

The best thing that could come from this game is a confident Richards. I'm not going to hold my breath, but that would be absolutely HUGE for this team if they make the playoffs.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 02:29 AM
Kokoschka

I'll take it. We continue to suck our way to victories. A performance like that is not gonna cut it against Newark.

Kokoschka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:10 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Biron won't see the ice unless we clinch AND there's nothing at stake in a given game (ie playoff positioning)
That is a BIG gamble IMO. What if Hank goes down with an injury? They should have given Marty at least every 5 or 6. game or something.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:59 AM
thepoeticgoblin

vCash: 750
I feel sorry for Hank, this game really did a number on his amazing stats over the last 15 games (and season), but I'm thrilled for the team, Brad and the fans since we took a big step towards the playoff and eliminated Buffalo and the Flyers in the process of doing so.

thepoeticgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 04:12 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Look, don't worry about individual awards because in the relative scheme of things, they don't mean ****! I'll bet you dollars to donuts that Hank doesn't give a flying **** about a Vezina when a playoff position and a potential shot at ****sburgh is staring us right in the face! Bring those bums on.
Is Sid and geno expected to be good to go for the Post season?

Last edited by fredrikstad: 04-20-2013 at 08:24 AM.
fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:02 AM
Thunderhead

vCash: 613
Beaver
Nash
Clowe

Great win. My expectation was low for this game.............. 1 point.

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:05 AM
Thunderhead

vCash: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEuro4thLiner View Post
I'll take it. We continue to suck our way to victories. A performance like that is not gonna cut it against Newark.
I am pretty sure that we can and will score more against those bums.

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:28 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
He proved that he's way too far down the depth chart on our team. MDZ regressed a lot in these games... CAR, TOR, NYI, BUF. The physicality and defensive play of Moore has proven superior. Offensively, one is a great defensive offensive defenseman and the other is a great (though not executing) offensive defenseman.
If Del Zaster could manage to hit the side of a barn once in a while with his manure spreader of a shot and not commit to the most idiotic decision making on the team, he would indeed be a great offensive defenseman. Now, he's instead a toothless offensive defenseman who can't be trusted with or without the puck. He shouldn't be trusted playing big minutes when he's in his Del Zaster mode, his ice time should be limited.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:04 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Kreider needs to "prove it". What has Pyatt proven, again?

04-20-2013, 07:57 AM
NHRangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
It didn't work out for him once. It also was in a much more violent sport. The Rangers except for one season have stayed relatively injury free. Their worst injury this year was a complete fluke that you see maybe once a season. How often do players get injured on the PP? And with that, no one is even saying anything about injuries all I read is the laughable "the 4th line deserved it" and the infinitely more laughable "it would hurt Buffalo's feelings if he didn't do it!".
So I think you need to make up your mind, in an earlier post you bemoaned the fact that there is no respect in hockey and in a very ironic moment...you specifically mention the Kaleta hit on Richards...so if Torts decides to rub it in and Kaleta decides to hurt someone you would be moaning about him not respecting his players. Did you complain about the 4th line getting PP time at the end of the Pens game the night of the trade deadline?

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:59 AM
NHRangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Everyone is neglecting thew other 3 goals scored.

Goals 1, 2 and 3 were not the 4th line's fault. You could say that Hank's Vezina chances were hurt by those 3 goals too.
But those don't fit the anti-Torts narrative being pushed

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Kreider needs to "prove it". What has Pyatt proven, again?
His next game will be his 800th in the NHL.That is pretty proven.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Stugots
YNWA

I didn't watch this game but I was following it on twitter. Seemed like every 2 minutes Gross and Zipay were tweeting Rangers goal, lol.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:37 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I didn't watch this game but I was following it on twitter. Seemed like every 2 minutes Gross and Zipay were tweeting Rangers goal, lol.
You really should give it a look. Some of the most fluky goals I've seen.

04-20-2013, 08:49 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I also don't see this game as having killed off Henrik's shot at the Vezina. If he has great games 3 of the last 4 and Bob has a stinker, he could easily win.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:57 AM
Ail
Now we wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I also don't see this game as having killed off Henrik's shot at the Vezina. If he has great games 3 of the last 4 and Bob has a stinker, he could easily win.
People said the same dumb crap last year down the stretch about Henrik having a bad game and blowing the Vezina. Obviously they were overreacting.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 09:00 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
His next game will be his 800th in the NHL.That is pretty proven.
I mean, fair enough. But he has added little to nothing in either end of the ice aside from decent to good ability to work the boards on the cycle for 40+ games now.

You can argue that he is a better defensive option, and that he makes better decisions in terms of when to dump the puck deep in the neutral zone. I wouldn't necessarily agree but the argument can be made, and that has to be why Torts has him on that line.

More than anything else I am just baffled that it isn't Newbury, Ferriero, even Segal/Mashinter playing 7min a night on the 4th line. In my opinion that is terrible prospect management.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 09:12 AM
PlamsUnlimited
Get in the Boat Pls

vCash: 476
Just happy we got some points. Game was awkward. To be at too.

PlamsUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 09:20 AM
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
If Del Zaster could manage to hit the side of a barn once in a while with his manure spreader of a shot and not commit to the most idiotic decision making on the team, he would indeed be a great offensive defenseman. Now, he's instead a toothless offensive defenseman who can't be trusted with or without the puck. He shouldn't be trusted playing big minutes when he's in his Del Zaster mode, his ice time should be limited.

This.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 09:36 AM
irishlaxburger2

Buffalo's Defense should be a voting option

irishlaxburger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 09:46 AM
dethomas07

no such thing as a garbage goal.. who gives a ****, if they were garbage goals.. its about time rangers got bounces, we never get those fluke goals and they are much needed now..

glad brad got some points, looks better after every game, but needs to be our true number 1c for us to damage... needs to keep this confidence going!!!

we got to finish strong!!

beaves
clowe
Brass/Nash

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 09:57 AM
trilobyte

I wonder if Ryan Miller called out some of his teammates in public again after the game, it would be just like him. Anybody but himself, ha ha ha.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:04 AM
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
When we are up by 6 we don't need him...The only reason they don't pull him there is the typical coaching reasoning of something illogical that is basically "That's how it's always been" or "It's just not what you do." (this is the logic baseball managers love to use when questioned on why they have to save their closer to come in up by 3 in the 9th instead of say bringing them in in a key spot in the 7th with the bases loaded where you absolutely need outs. Or when they refuse to use them in extra innings on the road until they get a lead - because according to Jerry Manuel "That's just not what you do."

We were up 5 2 minutes into the 2nd period. He was not close to a shutout. It's not like it was late in the 3rd.

If your options are
1. Leave him in a blowout with 30-40 minutes left in the game so he might get a shutout but also risks the chance of injury for the most important player on the team in a game that is in the bag (Oh, and also on a day where he played the night before)

2. Take him out to make sure he stays healthy and gets some time off while risking a chance you "disrespect" the most important on the team who knows he is the top guy

2 is by far the better option. It's like by taking him out he's all of a sudden going to completely lose his confidence and be unable to play or lash out and demand to be traded. It's just the smarter decision in terms of the long term health and ability of the team.
I guess we should've pulled Hank up 5-0 in MTL. That game was over.

Seriously with this? One of the worst ideas I've seen on here.

Hire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Ryan McDonut
Nash is a Bum

i missed the game and just watched the highlights. those were horrendous goals we scored. i dont have a problem with the first 3 because you know what? we never, ever, get that kind of luck so im happy we got some. but with a competent goalie in tonight i think we only score like 3 or 4.

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote