HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds vs Hawks

Old
04-19-2013, 11:46 PM
brah

vCash: 500
how did we score that many goals? how did we get a point?

brah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:49 PM
Nashville Transplant

As a Kings fan for MANY (read: at least 20) seasons that meant nothing past the 82nd game, I know EXACTLY how so many of you feel. Just pray the GM and scouting staff have "a plan" to draft based on "the best player available" and not some bizarre speculative crap that turns into Hugh Jessiman

Nashville Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:06 AM
predwings

Why did we score?

I hope we lose all the rest of our games this season, I would hate to slip into 5th-6th pick because that's an icy slope and almost requires you to trade up for the pick you really want. If we are 3rd I'd feel much more secure about our selection and chances.

Those who complain about people not rooting for the Preds are incorrect, we're just rooting for our draft chances, not for a garbage win late in a already tanked season.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:10 AM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

just got off work so i missed it. How did FF9 look?

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:16 AM
sparkle twin
Curse strikes again!

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
How do we go to Chicago and score 4 goals but can't score crap at home?

Beautiful goal by Halischuk! He really played his best game of the year.

If we lose the next 3 we will end the season on an 11 game losing streak and losing 13 of 14. That's not how I want to go into next season. It's taking a toll on some of the players. Look at Weber, Rinne, Legwand, SK, Gill, Smith, Blum (and Ellis when he was here). You can see the frustration in their faces.

One win won't turn the team into an instant all-star team, but it would feel so good just to finally feel the joy of winning again. The last home game of the year, I don't care that it's against Calgary, I want a WIN!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:36 AM
glenngineer

Missed the first two periods due to poor dvr ability. Game was listed on both NBC Sports and Sports South. DVR on NBC sports only to find out they've got some stupid football show on. Nedless to say, missed three goals for us. Am curious about one thing, where was Beck in the third period? Saw he played 11 minutes or so but never saw him in the third.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:37 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Truth: I don't want David Poile to look at any type of late season surge as justification to not improve the forwards - again.

Truth: I want to net drouin or mackinnon badly.

Truth: We need to lose to accomplish both of these.

Truth: I have a hard time cheering to lose.

Reconciliation: Plan for the team to play hard, shrug off the bad breaks, feel good about losing for a change, and hope for the lottery win.

04-20-2013, 08:04 AM
PFL615

The best thing for the team is to get the best draft pick possible. Simple as that. I would like a good future not oh look we won a game.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:06 AM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Truth: I don't want David Poile to look at any type of late season surge as justification to not improve the forwards - again.

Truth: I want to net drouin or mackinnon badly.

Truth: We need to lose to accomplish both of these.

Truth: I have a hard time cheering to lose.

Reconciliation: Plan for the team to play hard, shrug off the bad breaks, feel good about losing for a change, and hope for the lottery win.
Oh geez, don't give Poile the chance of selecting Jones. I'm pissed about last night's performance, if that stunt takes us out of the top 3 ... ownership should **** can everyone ... orders have been given, finish the ****ing tank job [rage Rage RAge RAGe RAGE]

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:14 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
Missed the first two periods due to poor dvr ability. Game was listed on both NBC Sports and Sports South. DVR on NBC sports only to find out they've got some stupid football show on. Nedless to say, missed three goals for us. Am curious about one thing, where was Beck in the third period? Saw he played 11 minutes or so but never saw him in the third.
Was not able to catch the game but wondered the same thing when I looked at stats. I am guessing an injury? It's too early, and not enough players for Beck to be in " doghouse"

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:20 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Um... You'd DO realize the defense sucks too. The defenseman pipeline is bare and the thinking that offense will solve EVERYTHING is myopic. And oh there's about a hundred guys of mediocre in the depth chart.

My money say NSH trades for a high 2nd and drafts the opposite of the 1st.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:19 AM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Um... You'd DO realize the defense sucks too. The defenseman pipeline is bare and the thinking that offense will solve EVERYTHING is myopic. And oh there's about a hundred guys of mediocre in the depth chart.

My money say NSH trades for a high 2nd and drafts the opposite of the 1st.
Not! Ekholm, maybe Ellis, Jaarvinen in another year. They are all in Milwaukee. Next is Valentine, who can play the wing and maybe Piskula. Bitetto is 2 years away from the NHL. COR and Aronson 3 years, if ever. How many more D-men does Nashville need?

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:36 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Not! Ekholm, maybe Ellis, Jaarvinen in another year. They are all in Milwaukee. Next is Valentine, who can play the wing and maybe Piskula. Bitetto is 2 years away from the NHL. COR and Aronson 3 years, if ever. How many more D-men does Nashville need?
1) Ellis I'm not sure about. Hell, he and Valentine might both become forwards. If Ekholm does show he can step up then I would trade Ellis while the Memorial Cup luster is still on him. Ekholm has size and offensive skill.

2) Nashville/Milwaukee has numbers but who's ready to step up and become a top 4 player? Ekholm I can see stepping up next year. Everyone else would shock the HELL out of me.

I WILL say the Karlsson has my attention, but he's still in the CHL.

Also you ALWAYS need to fill the pipeline. I see things from this perspective

short-term: Ekholm, Forsberg, maybe Hellburg. How does Watson progress? Budish is kinda overagedish in Milwaukee, CAN he step up?

Long term: Leipsic, Sissons, Karlsson, Aberg.

Most of the rest of the prospects are mid-term.

Most of the defensive pipeline is in Milwaukee. Time for guys who are long term development guys like Leipsic.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:59 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Glad I missed that one...

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:02 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Glad I missed that one...
The game or my lack of logic?

Old
04-20-2013, 12:05 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

The game. I haven't read the thread yet.

Old
04-20-2013, 12:11 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
The game. I haven't read the thread yet.
Good, I don't feel so bad. LOL!

Old
04-20-2013, 12:13 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Haha yeah I literally have yet to read a single comment posted before mine. Just having a rough week, and watching a 5-4 OT loss to the Hawks wouldn't have helped me at all.

Old
04-20-2013, 12:16 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Haha yeah I literally have yet to read a single comment posted before mine. Just having a rough week, and watching a 5-4 OT loss to the Hawks wouldn't have helped me at all.
Just chill. Relax and realize that there are somethings you just can't change or control. So why worry? Preds are locked in the 1-9 range and with each loss they cut off 2 from the 9. Florida and Colorado will take the 1 away.

Old
04-20-2013, 12:18 PM
glenngineer

Beck? Anyone?

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 02:13 PM
braindead

Quote:
Actually it was an entertaining game. Good hustle, ton of defensive mistakes, scoring in a variety of ways. Weber nearly scored on peks 25 seconds into the game. It never felt like the pred's were going to win but not in a bad way. A lot like watching one of our early expansion teams but with more mistakes and more talent.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 10:15 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Actually it was an entertaining game. Good hustle, ton of defensive mistakes, scoring in a variety of ways. Weber nearly scored on peks 25 seconds into the game. It never felt like the pred's were going to win but not in a bad way. A lot like watching one of our early expansion teams but with more mistakes and more talent.
Actually, I sorta adopted that attitude several weeks ago and it's keeping from pulling my hair out. You gotta' laugh at our injuries - I mean, really - 6 or our top 8 for this long, and so many at once. We're fielding a team that is like the expansion years, heading on the ice knowing you aren't even supposed to be in the game, watching for development from guys that might have some future making this team better. Much easier to watch; except Shea - he looks like he doesn't wanna' be out there and Josi has played down because of it.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote