HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL: Part We Get Literally No Help

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2013, 01:15 PM
  #451
Thunderhead
Registered User
 
Thunderhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 5,088
vCash: 50
Shut up Chico.

Thunderhead is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:16 PM
  #452
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
TBH, they do not. I can't see the Rangers losing twice to this team.
I don't trust em as far as I can throw em (and NOBODY is throwing fatso)

JohnC is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:18 PM
  #453
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR1967 View Post
With no draft picks to speak of, why would missing the playoffs be preferable?
Because at least to me it would be a lot less embarrassing to miss the playoffs than to get embarrassed by probably our most hated rival currently. Plus I didn't even mention that missing the playoffs can go a long way to getting Torts canned.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:21 PM
  #454
useref15
Registered User
 
useref15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Because at least to me it would be a lot less embarrassing to miss the playoffs than to get embarrassed by probably our most hated rival currently. Plus I didn't even mention that missing the playoffs can go a long way to getting Torts canned.
I've never heard a real fan hoping their favorite team would miss the playoffs. Thats just absurd. Once you get in, you never know what happens.

useref15 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:21 PM
  #455
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Because at least to me it would be a lot less embarrassing to miss the playoffs than to get embarrassed by probably our most hated rival currently. Plus I didn't even mention that missing the playoffs can go a long way to getting Torts canned.
I'd rather get swept in the 1st round than miss the show.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:22 PM
  #456
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,929
vCash: 50
****ing Elias

Edit: And now Clarkson? Gaaah

Hellion is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:23 PM
  #457
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,366
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
devils take the lead 3-2 now just over the half way part of the 2nd period....

Maineice11 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:24 PM
  #458
NYR1967
Registered User
 
NYR1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York, N.Y.
Country: United States
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Because at least to me it would be a lot less embarrassing to miss the playoffs than to get embarrassed by probably our most hated rival currently. Plus I didn't even mention that missing the playoffs can go a long way to getting Torts canned.
It would also be a point of pride when we get in and the debbies don't - can be looked at either way. As for Torts, I doubt that missing the playoffs vs. getting shellacked by the Pens in the first round in a shortened season is going to dictate whether or not he keeps his job. Lastly, we HAVE beaten the Pens before - personally I'd rather face them in the first round than MTL, who we can never seem to solve. Not saying we have a great chance at beating the Pens in the first round, but theoretically it COULD happen.

NYR1967 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:26 PM
  #459
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,525
vCash: 500
I've been watching on and off, have the Panthers had any consistent pressure in the Devils zone?

JohnC is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:27 PM
  #460
Thunderhead
Registered User
 
Thunderhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 5,088
vCash: 50
Chico still bragging about the Fat One.

Thunderhead is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:27 PM
  #461
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I'd rather get swept in the 1st round than miss the show.
That's your right. However, if the Rangers weren't that good in 05-06 and missed the playoffs by a point (not if they had an epic collapse, because that's something else), I would have been probably a lot less embarrassed than what happened in the playoffs that year. Although there were positives from making the playoffs. One was the long drought, it was huge for the franchise. No such issue exists this time around however. Also, I think that sweep contributed to the Rangers being ANGRY next year and having a sweep of their own. I don't know if something like that would matter this time around. No way to tell.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:29 PM
  #462
Thunderhead
Registered User
 
Thunderhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 5,088
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
I've been watching on and off, have the Panthers had any consistent pressure in the Devils zone?
At the beginning of the game.

Thunderhead is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:29 PM
  #463
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Selkirk, NY
Country: Papua New Guinea
Posts: 3,406
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
I've been watching on and off, have the Panthers had any consistent pressure in the Devils zone?
No, not really.

Krams is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:30 PM
  #464
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,366
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
devils up 4-2 now

looking at shots seems like devils just took over the game

Maineice11 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:31 PM
  #465
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Go Devils!

Too bad for a playoff spot and not bad enough for a good pick. Perfect.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:32 PM
  #466
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,366
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Go Devils!

Too bad for a playoff spot and not bad enough for a good pick. Perfect.
in the new cba don't all the teams that miss the playoffs have an equal chance win #1 overall, I think that is how it is, so they have a good chance to get #1 overall

Maineice11 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:33 PM
  #467
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
in the new cba don't all the teams that miss the playoffs have an equal chance win #1 overall, I think that is how it is, so they have a good chance to get #1 overall
No they don't all get the same chances. The worst teams get better chances. However all teams that didn't make it have a chance at the #1 pick, but the odds are real low for a team that just missed out.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:34 PM
  #468
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR1967 View Post
It would also be a point of pride when we get in and the debbies don't - can be looked at either way. As for Torts, I doubt that missing the playoffs vs. getting shellacked by the Pens in the first round in a shortened season is going to dictate whether or not he keeps his job. Lastly, we HAVE beaten the Pens before - personally I'd rather face them in the first round than MTL, who we can never seem to solve. Not saying we have a great chance at beating the Pens in the first round, but theoretically it COULD happen.
1) Decent point, but I mean how low are our standards if it would be a point of pride of getting owned in the first round (not saying that's a guarantee, but if that doesn't happen this debate is moot) as an 8th seed, just because the Devils missed the playoffs? Sounds something Jets fans would be happy about. Sure we lost 40-0 in the WC round, but the Giants missed the playoffs!

2) Solid point, really no way of knowing. Seems like Slats likes him, so I figure he would search for any reason to not can him. But who knows, it's all speculation.

3) We lost to them 7 straight at one point. We beat them on a day they didn't show up, 6-1. We also lost to them in a shootout in the next game. I would assume they'd be healthier in the first round. Letang is back, will Sid be back? But who knows? Richards may have regained his game, Staal may round out the D. Who knows? I just think chances are it'll still be a quick series.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:36 PM
  #469
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,525
vCash: 500
Florida's bad. They're reallll bad

JohnC is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:36 PM
  #470
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Tank! Tank! Tank!

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:36 PM
  #471
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Wow, Florida is BAAAAAAAD.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:37 PM
  #472
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Selkirk, NY
Country: Papua New Guinea
Posts: 3,406
vCash: 400
LOL @ Panthers defense. Petrovic not even remotely close to NHL ready.

Krams is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:37 PM
  #473
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
in the new cba don't all the teams that miss the playoffs have an equal chance win #1 overall, I think that is how it is, so they have a good chance to get #1 overall
No. It's heavily weighted towards the worst teams.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:38 PM
  #474
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,366
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
No they don't all get the same chances. The worst teams get better chances. However all teams that didn't make it have a chance at the #1 pick, but the odds are real low for a team that just missed out.
http://www.diebytheblade.com/2013/2/...-draft-lottery

just looked it up, so I see what you are saying, it is weighted more for the lower teams, but they all have a chance at number 1

Maineice11 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 01:40 PM
  #475
NYR1967
Registered User
 
NYR1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York, N.Y.
Country: United States
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
1) Decent point, but I mean how low are our standards if it would be a point of pride of getting owned in the first round (not saying that's a guarantee, but if that doesn't happen this debate is moot) as an 8th seed, just because the Devils missed the playoffs? Sounds something Jets fans would be happy about. Sure we lost 40-0 in the WC round, but the Giants missed the playoffs!

2) Solid point, really no way of knowing. Seems like Slats likes him, so I figure he would search for any reason to not can him. But who knows, it's all speculation.

3) We lost to them 7 straight at one point. We beat them on a day they didn't show up, 6-1. We also lost to them in a shootout in the next game. I would assume they'd be healthier in the first round. Letang is back, will Sid be back? But who knows? Richards may have regained his game, Staal may round out the D. Who knows? I just think chances are it'll still be a quick series.
1) Personally, I ****ing HATE the Devils - more than I hate the Pens - more than I hate Hitler, Bin Laden and Mussolini combined, so for me, the Rangers doing better than the Devils, even if not by much, is beyond sweet.

2) Nothing else to add.

3) It's not a foregone conclusion that we will end up in 8th. I doubt we'll catch the Isles, but Ottawa is playing mostly teams they have a losing record against and could slide down to 8th, also very possible that the Bruins overtake MTL. We could find ourselves in 7th at the end of the season seeded against Boston, who we have traditionally done pretty well against.

NYR1967 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.