HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Progression of the rebuild

Old
04-19-2013, 05:36 PM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
One More Astronaut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
It wasn't an assessment of you 88, but a critique of the mindset some are riding like a high horse.

Just look above. You have an individual with some sort of control freak issue trying to tell hardcore fans to go away. Seriously, they need to get over themselves because they are nobody. Lol.
- my misunderstanding.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program - the team we all love returning to playoff action.

CanseiDeSerBreakcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 05:43 PM
A Pointed Stick
Can You Believe It?

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88th Precinct View Post
- my misunderstanding.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program - the team we all love returning to playoff action.
I could have communicated that better,so my bad. Here is looking towards a great finish to the year.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 06:48 PM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
One More Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
I could have communicated that better,so my bad. Here is looking towards a great finish to the year.
No apology necessary - we're all a little wound up from seeing the Islanders swing back around to respectability. Let's just hope that they can put the right punctuation on the end of the sentence and get into the big dance, preferably against a team they can upset.

(Not to get ahead of myself, but I'd say the Habs, Caps, and Pens - in that order. None of those series look like a losing sweep situation, IMO.)

CanseiDeSerBreakcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:07 PM
Scott Scissons
No.1 Bust

vCash: 835
Jesus Christ some of the fan's on this forum, now I know why i lurked for years....
No other team Chicago, Pittsburgh, L.A Kings had to deal with .....MIKE MILBURY during the listed rebuild's.

Come on this is Mike Milbury destroyer of franchises...

Ok time to put on my V. Malakhov jersey grab some scotch and ponder what the world would be like if Dale Hunter had not separated Turgeon's shoulder.

Scott Scissons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:24 AM
bluechipbonzo

This issue is those who have been haters now have to contend with all the positives happening...their HF status is at stake- you know, whether or not they know anything about hockey. This is a hockey message board after all!

They have to hold the line and maintain that this team is not for real, that they haven't proved anything yet, that it's still been too long a wait...

The thing about being a hater NOW is that these last little protests are necessary in their metamorphosis. If they are to ever be HEARD here again, and if HF is to stay a big part of their lives, they'll need to change their tune. They know they will sound silly as the team continues to progress. They know they can't rail on Snow anymore, and are now going through the classic HF hater death throes...these are the last little whimpers.

Some haters will go away- usually to the message boards of other teams (Trottier) where their voices will have an audience. Some haters will make new accounts and join as "true blue" fans- watch in the coming days and weeks as the Islanders make the playoffs- there will be plenty of new accounts here.

But some- some haters will perform the necessary eating of crow.They will acknowledge that they were wrong about Snow. Some will claim they knew Bailey was the right pick all along.

Some will even start cutting their hair like captain Jack.

bluechipbonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 02:19 PM
Doshell Propivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
This issue is those who have been haters now have to contend with all the positives happening...their HF status is at stake- you know, whether or not they know anything about hockey. This is a hockey message board after all!

They have to hold the line and maintain that this team is not for real, that they haven't proved anything yet, that it's still been too long a wait...

The thing about being a hater NOW is that these last little protests are necessary in their metamorphosis. If they are to ever be HEARD here again, and if HF is to stay a big part of their lives, they'll need to change their tune. They know they will sound silly as the team continues to progress. They know they can't rail on Snow anymore, and are now going through the classic HF hater death throes...these are the last little whimpers.

Some haters will go away- usually to the message boards of other teams (Trottier) where their voices will have an audience. Some haters will make new accounts and join as "true blue" fans- watch in the coming days and weeks as the Islanders make the playoffs- there will be plenty of new accounts here.

But some- some haters will perform the necessary eating of crow.They will acknowledge that they were wrong about Snow. Some will claim they knew Bailey was the right pick all along.

Some will even start cutting their hair like captain Jack.

I have a question for you. Do you use the word "hater" so frequently in your everyday speech as well?

Doshell Propivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:05 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doshell Propivo View Post
I have a question for you. Do you use the word "hater" so frequently in your everyday speech as well?
even at the dinner table?

"More peas?"

"No thank you."

"Hater."

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 05:44 PM
bluechipbonzo

The ladies doth protest toooooo much.

bluechipbonzo is offline   Reply With Quote