HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LV - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2013, 02:18 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
This Boston team loves chasing it. Great team but if we take foot off the pedal they brake. They were chasing us all year and just keep screwing up. Must be frustrating for the fans. I don't mind obviously but wow, where's the killer instinct?

Old
04-20-2013, 02:21 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
i want to see the leafs lose this week and get eliminated by montreal a week from today
^ This. BEST outcome.

Also, don't really feel great about playing Ottawa now that Karlsson has miraculously recovered and have Spezza coming back. We have a better chance at beating Toronto, but the amplitude of despair and elation is HUGE in that series. Plus they seem to get lucky against us. Ottawa is just a great team IMO. We'll see how we match up when we play them next week.

But oh man would it ever be sweet to eliminate the leafs on the last day of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
This Boston team loves chasing it. Great team but if we take foot off the pedal they brake. They were chasing us all year and just keep screwing up. Must be frustrating for the fans. I don't mind obviously but wow, where's the killer instinct?
Tbf, Bruins played well, but Pitt played amazingly well, Vokoun in particular. Even without Malkin, Crosby, Neal (didn't notice him, was he in?), they were dominant. Pretty sure they're going to the SC final.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:21 PM
MJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
I'd bet Timmins has a different point of view
I wasn't trying to say that it doesn't matter at all. I'm just saying that every one has a different draft board. And the chances of Timmins' guy getting picked right before our turn are not all that high. There's a decent chance that the guys we target with those picks will be available. And if they aren't, then the Habs will pick two other guys, and, since there is a fair bit of luck involved in the draft process, those two guys might end up being better than the two guys they initially wanted. And please don't try to argue that it isn't a crapshoot. The upper end of the draft is not, but beyond the first round it is anyone's guess. Yes, you can do your homework and prepare all you want but you need to have luck on your side. If it wasn't a crapshoot, then PK and Gallagher and all other good players taken after pick 40 wouldn't be considered steals cause they would of been first round picks.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:27 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Tbf, Bruins played well, but Pitt played amazingly well, Vokoun in particular. Even without Malkin, Crosby, Neal (didn't notice him, was he in?), they were dominant. Pretty sure they're going to the SC final.
It's been like this all year. We're trying to be 'fair' about it but man, so many times this year I thought "this is it, we lose division lead" and boston has dropped the ball like what, 10 times?

Old
04-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Et le But

Thank you for the nice birthday gift Penguins.

Now don't blow it Habs plz.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Raider917

id like to see this winnipeg nyi game go to ot.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:29 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Thank you for the nice birthday gift Penguins.

Now don't blow it Habs plz.
We're in driver's seat here. Reality is, even if bruins win next game we have ROW advantage. That's IF they win. Basically, we have to lose next game and boston win twice(or 1W 1OTL). If we win, we go further and further away.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:33 PM
MJG

Quote:
We're in driver's seat here. Reality is, even if bruins win next game we have ROW advantage. That's IF they win. Basically, we have to lose next game and boston win twice(or 1W 1OTL). If we win, we go further and further away.
We control out own destiny. We win out and the division is ours (As long as we don't win every game in a shoot out). It starts tonight. Time to create some separation.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:35 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Lyle View Post
Pens take 2-1 lead. Iggy.
I was reading a post in the Bruins GDT earlier hoping that Jagr would score a goal so the fans could chant we don't need you toward Iggy.. Thanks Iggy..

Old
04-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Can you imagine the collective facepalm by the Leafs organization and fanbase if the Leafs lose out and the teams behind them win their games, knocking the Leafs out of the playoffs? I seriously doubt it happens, but that would be something.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
04-20-2013, 02:36 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Can you imagine the collective facepalm by the Leafs organization and fanbase if the Leafs lose out and the teams behind them win their games, knocking the Leafs out of the playoffs? I seriously doubt it happens, but that would be something.
lol, I think they'll make it but would be LOL worthy for sure.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:36 PM
habtastic

Quote:
It's been like this all year. We're trying to be 'fair' about it but man, so many times this year I thought "this is it, we lose division lead" and boston has dropped the ball like what, 10 times?
True, but look at us. We've been getting destroyed and humiliated in our losses. Just so happens we're hitting slumps at the same time. I think we're both thinking the same thing, "Damn, there goes the division...what? Bruins lose....so sweet, so sweet!"

Bruins reaaaally have to screw up to lose the division at this point. I'm not so sure we're going to go 3-1-0 in the last 4 with Bruins losing one, which seems to be the recipe. Bruins might lose 1, MAYBE (can't fathom them having a bad florida experience), but I'd be very very impressed if we pull it off. I have faith we can do it, but only cuz Diaz is back, not cuz we've turned a corner, although Price got the game he needed.

Fwds - actually liked last game, but FFS, fix the PP, even if it just means executing better.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:37 PM
coolasprICE

I rather play the Leafs than the Islanders. Rangers can be scary too.

This whole ''we need to avoid the Leafs'' mentality is embarrassing.

edit; I meant Laughs.. Leafs = Laughs... in case nobody is use to calling them Leafs.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:43 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
True, but look at us. We've been getting destroyed and humiliated in our losses. Just so happens we're hitting slumps at the same time. I think we're both thinking the same thing, "Damn, there goes the division...what? Bruins lose....so sweet, so sweet!"

Bruins reaaaally have to screw up to lose the division at this point. I'm not so sure we're going to go 3-1-0 in the last 4 with Bruins losing one, which seems to be the recipe. Bruins might lose 1, MAYBE (can't fathom them having a bad florida experience), but I'd be very very impressed if we pull it off. I have faith we can do it, but only cuz Diaz is back, not cuz we've turned a corner, although Price got the game he needed.

Fwds - actually liked last game, but FFS, fix the PP, even if it just means executing better.
We have the advantage though. IF we assume that bruins win next game and have same GP we're still ahead. If they lose and we win tonight(let's just say):

Even if we go 0-3-0 in final 3 after, bruins would need 2-1-1 or greater.

Obviously this is IF we win and IF they lose but as is right now if we go .500 rest of the way:

2-2-0 and end up with 63 points.

Boston needs to go 3-1-1 to beat us.

It's ours to lose. If we win tonight that gap expands with time running out.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I rather play the Leafs than the Islanders. Rangers can be scary too.

This whole ''we need to avoid the Leafs'' mentality is embarrassing.

edit; I meant Laughs.. Leafs = Laughs... in case nobody is use to calling them Leafs.
Besides being a team we struggle with, the Islanders are probably the most in-form team in the league. They are riding a good bit of luck themselves, but unlike the Leafs are actually outplaying people. If there's any team we should be trying to avoid besides Pittsburgh...

Old
04-20-2013, 02:44 PM
habtastic

Quote:
True that we're in the drivers seat, controlling our destiny if we just win out or maybe a loss with some combination of boston losing again.

That being said, we have 4 extremely tough games ahead. Jets are no pushovers, Ottawa def not and Caps...well we'll know soon enough. Then, of course, there will be that dramatic game against the leafs and soon enough we'll know just how much it will mean to each team. Hoping that it means nothing to us and everything to them...and we crush them.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:46 PM
habtastic

Quote:
We have the advantage though. IF we assume that bruins win next game and have same GP we're still ahead. If they lose and we win tonight(let's just say):

Even if we go 0-3-0 in final 3 after, bruins would need 2-1-1 or greater.

Obviously this is IF we win and IF they lose but as is right now if we go .500 rest of the way:

2-2-0 and end up with 63 points.

Boston needs to go 3-1-1 to beat us.

It's ours to lose. If we win tonight that gap expands with time running out.
Fair enough. Thanks for breaking it down

Biggest challenge is the disparity in who we're playing. Then again, this time of year, shouldn't matter.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:47 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
True that we're in the drivers seat, controlling our destiny if we just win out or maybe a loss with some combination of boston losing again.

That being said, we have 4 extremely tough games ahead. Jets are no pushovers, Ottawa def not and Caps...well we'll know soon enough. Then, of course, there will be that dramatic game against the leafs and soon enough we'll know just how much it will mean to each team. Hoping that it means nothing to us and everything to them...and we crush them.
Thing is, boston also faces Ottawa and caps. The rest for them are flyers, panthers and TBL. 2 of 5 are weak so they got a little edge but still, rest are same as us.

Old
04-20-2013, 02:52 PM
DJ Breadman

Love watching the bruins lose, and love watching jack edwards being made to apologize on air, hahahahaha what a moron

Old
04-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Habtchum*

I was wrong. Despite not having Crosby, Malkin and Neil, the pens still beat the Bruins.

Jussi Jokinen was a great, great acquisition for them.

We are still #1 in our Division !!!

Now I just hope Ottawa gonna beat the leafs tonight.

Old
04-20-2013, 03:15 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Bogosian embellishing, jets are sooo slow can't keep up with the isles.

Old
04-20-2013, 03:22 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 2600
Damn the Islanders are on fire, would be nice for them if they make it. ( Jets too )

Old
04-20-2013, 03:33 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Clode Julien stole the Bruins killer instinct.

Ever since the Julien post-game speech where he was whining about the Habs diving, the Bruins have been 12-12. Just another middle of the road hockey club.

The biggest mistake was that instead of Julien holding his club accountable for losing to the Habs, he game them an excuse. And once a coach starts offering up excuses to his team, then their performance will drop.

Thank you Clode Julien.

Old
04-20-2013, 03:40 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Clode Julien stole the Bruins killer instinct.

Ever since the Julien post-game speech where he was whining about the Habs diving, the Bruins have been 12-12. Just another middle of the road hockey club.

The biggest mistake was that instead of Julien holding his club accountable for losing to the Habs, he game them an excuse. And once a coach starts offering up excuses to his team, then their performance will drop.

Thank you Clode Julien.
You may be right, they weren't the same team when we played them again after his *****ing. Also they went 12-9-3, which isn't 12-12, but I understand what you mean.

Also they went 3-3-0 without Bergeron

Old
04-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Nedved

jets fans are awesome...they would put us to shame this year.

Closed Thread