HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Boston lost today so hopefully they come out hard tomorrow, they are fighting for the Northeast division.
Agreed. I am sure they will. Furthermore we have never done well against teams like the Bruins who play so stacked during the neutral zone.

Old
04-20-2013, 03:03 PM
catEye
Oh No! We suck again

vCash: 500
What's wrong with drouin being small? He has skills n is fast ! Bure, Kane to name a few r small n I wouldn't say that stop them from having an impact. I don't know which player is better Mac or drouin but point wise drouin beats Mac by a mile. Someone correct me why they think Mac is the better player besides having a size advantage. I don't follow prospects much

Old
04-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by catEye View Post
What's wrong with drouin being small? He has skills n is fast ! Bure, Kane to name a few r small n I wouldn't say that stop them from having an impact. I don't know which player is better Mac or drouin but point wise drouin beats Mac by a mile. Someone correct me why they think Mac is the better player besides having a size advantage. I don't follow prospects much
Drouin is not fast. He is quick, but not fast. He has pretty average straightaway speed. MacKinnon is a much superior skater. He is a better skater than most NHL players, that's why many consider him to be a better NHL prospect than Drouin. That and the fact that MacKinnon plays with an edge and is already great defensively. Drouin's defensive and physical game is nonexistent.

Also, there are a lot of different listed weights for MacKinnon and Drouin. Basically MacKinnon is 6'0" 182 lbs. and Drouin is 5'10" 176 lbs.. I really don't think Drouin is even 5'11". He's really short if you look at him in game action, even for junior. When you look at them side by side, MacKinnon is definitely taller.

I believe Drouin is the better junior player but Mac is a better NHL prospect. Drouin has a terrific skill level, but he has a lot of areas to work on to have a similar impact in the NHL. MacKinnon plays a very pro-style game already and his speed and ability to change gears very quickly will really benenfit him in the NHL.

Old
04-20-2013, 03:11 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Speed. Scouts talk about how MacK has another gear and how he has the ability to maintain his high skill set at the highest speed possible. The guy can stickhandle in a phonebooth while skating at top speed. Can't teach a guy to have soft hands while skating at top speeds.. That's one thing I like about MacK over Drouin.

Old
04-20-2013, 03:28 PM
catEye
Oh No! We suck again

Sounds like Mac has the better polish skill set to make it in the Pros. Let me ask you another question. Which of the two has the better ability to make their lines mate mates better? One of the things that I like about Hubby is that he has the ability to make his surrounding better.

Old
04-20-2013, 03:33 PM
gudzilla

Quote:
Sounds like Mac has the better polish skill set to make it in the Pros. Let me ask you another question. Which of the two has the better ability to make their lines mate mates better? One of the things that I like about Hubby is that he has the ability to make his surrounding better.
MacK is a seguin/hall hybrid... Drouin is kane-ish

Old
04-20-2013, 04:02 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by dej View Post
so based on the santos interview, jones>mack>drouin
Santos seems like a smart man who is very measured with his words. He is far more comfortable in front of a microphone than Tallon.

So having said that, smart men who are measured with their words tell you what they want you to hear, not what they necessarily think.

For all we know they are in love with Drouin, think he's a better prospect than MacKinnon and would love to trade down rather than pick either him or Jones. I really doubt that this is the case, but I wouldn't put any stock in what Santos says to a microphone.

We won't know what they are going to do until someone walks up to the microphone on June 30.

Old
04-20-2013, 04:28 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

I wish Colorado would win a game or two I want last place wrapped up. The Panthers have sucked so bad this year the least they could do is to guarantee we pick no worse than 2nd. Because you know we aren't winning the lottery.

Old
04-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Sports24-7

Quote:
Goldie basically asked him to give a run down of the top 3 prosspects (Jones/Drouin/Mac)

He spend the most amount of time talking about Seth Jones and the size and reach he brings to his game. Then said how good our defense would be with Guds/Petro/Kulikov/Jones seeing as how their all big and skilled. Also mentioned the old Canadians team and how they were stacked at defense as well as the Capitals of the 80's/90's with Langway and their ultra talented defense. He talked about mac very briefly as well saying he is obviously talented and is the top line center we need and have been looking for. Ignored Drouin completely. I got the impression he wants Mac but would not be upset taking Jones and building a high end defense like the aforementioned teams.
Referencing those teams doesn't have much baring right now. The NHL is so different in the current era. It's a lot less physical, and much more about skill. Offense is far more important. I'm hoping this was a bit of lip service as Mac is the better pick.

I honestly think they'll finish last, will not win the lotto and Jones will go 1 anyway though. In the NBA, where the system is similar to the new NHL one, the last place team usually does not get the 1st round pick. The odds are that they actually won't.

Old
04-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
That's a tough one but I'd probably give the slight edge to Drouin, right now. In the NHL it might be different though. But they both definitely make their linemates better.

Old
04-20-2013, 05:06 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports24-7 View Post
Referencing those teams doesn't have much baring right now. The NHL is so different in the current era. It's a lot less physical, and much more about skill. Offense is far more important. I'm hoping this was a bit of lip service as Mac is the better pick.

I honestly think they'll finish last, will not win the lotto and Jones will go 1 anyway though. In the NBA, where the system is similar to the new NHL one, the last place team usually does not get the 1st round pick. The odds are that they actually won't.
Santos / DT aren't going to admit exactly who they want. It's all part of the game.

Old
04-20-2013, 06:21 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Worst case scenario - 4-0 (40 points), 6th pick (can catch 4 teams to be 5th worst, lose another spot via lotto)

Can catch: NSH, TB, CAR, COL

Next loss would take care of Nashville and actually Tampa too (based on ROW) and lock up a top four pick.

Old
04-20-2013, 06:36 PM
gudzilla

the official panther tank from nazi germany

Old
04-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Mooseheads lead 4-3 vs Rouyn Nouranda going in to the third.

2G , 1A Nathan MacKinnon / 1 G 2 A Jonathan Drouin

Old
04-20-2013, 07:09 PM
HockeyRulez
Lets Go Panthers!!!

noooo, c'mon Carolina!

Old
04-20-2013, 07:11 PM
HockeyRulez
Lets Go Panthers!!!

yaaayy

Old
04-20-2013, 07:13 PM
HockeyRulez
Lets Go Panthers!!!

nnooo

Old
04-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
Mooseheads lead 4-3 vs Rouyn Nouranda going in to the third.

2G , 1A Nathan MacKinnon / 1 G 2 A Jonathan Drouin
Hat trick for Mac. Please get this guy!

-ghoste

Old
04-20-2013, 07:46 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post

-ghoste
Just read that as well. We cant pass on him. He is just too good!!

Old
04-20-2013, 07:50 PM
HockeyRulez
Lets Go Panthers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post

-ghoste
anywhere we can see highlights of the game or just his goals?

Old
04-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Sports24-7

Apparently, Tallon is at this game:

Quote:
Allan Walsh ‏@walsha 35m
With Florida GM Dale Tallon in the crowd, Halifax forward Jonathan Drouin has 2G+2A with game in the 3rd period. #DynamicDrouin

Old
04-20-2013, 08:04 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRulez View Post
anywhere we can see highlights of the game or just his goals?
I'll post it if I see it.

Quote:
Get a good look Tallon!

-ghoste

Old
04-20-2013, 08:09 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
Allan Walsh is Drouin's agent? Pick MacKinnon or Jones, please. I would have preferred either of those two anyway, but this seals the deal.

Old
04-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Quote:
Interesting. Mac picked a good game to get a hat trick.

Old
04-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
I cba to read 39 Pages so I have no idea what you guys want to hear about them or any questions you have, but here's my generic thoughts.

Florida pretty much can't go wrong with their pick as long as they don't trade it away. I want them to pick Jones though. Jones is going to be the best D in the NHL in a couple years. His skating is fantastic (skates like Legwand), his awareness and IQ is astounding, he has good playmaking skills, he plays a physical game, an excellent shutdown defender who has a BIG offensive upside. He's leaps and bounds ahead of the other players in the draft, as good as Mackinnon and Drouin are he's MUCH better than them both amazingly enough. Guy has the potential to be the next Lidstrom.

Now if you don't pick him, I go for Drouin for sure. Drouin-Huberdeau could be the next Stamkos-St. Louis. Drouin is very similar to St. Louis and I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up the same kind of numbers.

From there you can take anyone in the top 10 and still end up with a top 6 forward probably lol. Still tbose are my best guys. Jones is BPA for miles and miles and even if Florida do want someone to compliment Huberdeau, I think they should take him. And speaking of complimenting him, Drouin compliments him the most. (:

(and Barkov > Mackinnon for the Panthers imo)

Closed Thread