HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2013, 05:03 PM
Draft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goman View Post
Maybe something around...

C Shaw
D Seabrook

for

C Desharnais
D Dias

Chicago can move Bolland to the 3C, Dias is a cheap top 4 d.

Montreal gets a 3C and promotes Eller. Shaw was a Bervegin find IIRC. And Seabrook to big a bigger, stronger Dias.

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Seabrook
Emelin-Tinordi

In a few years

Tinordi-Subban
Beaulieu-Seabrook
Emelin-Gorges
There's now a Seabrook to MTL thread. This proposal would be pooed all over. Seabrook is a gold-medalist and an awesome defenceman. CHI has too many PMDs if this goes through and they have no interest in Desharnais. It doesn't appear as if a deal for Seabrook would be a good hockey deal.
I would have to be around Eller/Plekanec.

Old
04-20-2013, 05:07 PM
goman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
There's now a Seabrook to MTL thread. This proposal would be pooed all over. Seabrook is a gold-medalist and an awesome defenceman. CHI has too many PMDs if this goes through and they have no interest in Desharnais. It doesn't appear as if a deal for Seabrook would be a good hockey deal.
I would have to be around Eller/Plekanec.
Fair enough, sometimes it's just not meant to be. I don't see us moving either Plekanec or Eller unless something crazy happens during the playoffs.

We could really use that type of player though - big, tough RD who can play some PP. The guy I would be more interested in is Bieska but I don't see Van being interested in moving him.

Old
04-20-2013, 05:07 PM
waitin425

Quote:

C Shaw
D Seabrook

for

C Desharnais
D Dias

Montreal gets a 3C and promotes Eller. Shaw was a Bervegin find IIRC. And Seabrook to big a bigger, stronger Dias.

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Seabrook
Emelin-Tinordi

In a few years

Tinordi-Subban
Beaulieu-Seabrook
Emelin-Gorges
Please don't go to the main board with that trade for Seabrook. You and by association, most Habs fans, will get laughed at.

My two cents for the off season......keep building for the future through strong drafting and prospect development. This year has been a complete bonus for us.....lets hope we get as far as possible in the playoffs to gain maximum experience. I would love to see both Gallys playing top 6 minutes next year.

I hope our Core pieces when we win the Cup in 3 years are....

AGally
BGally
Patches
Eller
Prust
Subban
Price
Tinordi
Beaulieu
Emelin

But in the short term (this off season)keep almost everybody to help with development.

Old
04-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Draft

Quote:
Fair enough, sometimes it's just not meant to be. I don't see us moving either Plekanec or Eller unless something crazy happens during the playoffs.

We could really use that type of player though - big, tough RD who can play some PP. The guy I would be more interested in is Bieska but I don't see Van being interested in moving him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
Please don't go to the main board with that trade for Seabrook. You and by association, most Habs fans, will get laughed at.

My two cents for the off season......keep building for the future through strong drafting and prospect development. This year has been a complete bonus for us.....lets hope we get as far as possible in the playoffs to gain maximum experience. I would love to see both Gallys playing top 6 minutes next year.

I hope our Core pieces when we win the Cup in 3 years are....

AGally
BGally
Patches
Eller
Prust
Subban
Price
Tinordi
Beaulieu
Emelin

But in the short term (this off season)keep almost everybody to help with development.
@goman-
He fits the Habs perfectly, Eller/Plekanec fits the Hawks perfectly. Too bad things can't get worked out.

If we keep everyone this offseason, we set ourselves up very nicely for the Trade Deadline. Considering we are still in a rebuild, I do hope Bergevin still has the cajones to trade some bigger names with expiring contracts. Gionta (NTC), Markov (MNTC), Diaz, Emelin and Bouillon all have UFA contracts and are capable of benefitting a team. Could get a big return for Markov and Gionta (wouldn't mind seeing Markov finish as a Hab). Hopefully we can re-sign Emelin and Diaz and don't need to trade them.

Old
04-20-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
Can you name a player on the Habs that is currently scared to go into the corners?
Do you actually watch the games against Toronto and Boston? Give me a break man.

Old
04-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Draft

Jordan Caron
Not sure what he's expecting for a contract renewal and Boston's salary cap situation seems tenuous. Montreal is always looking for size and Quebec-born players. He would fit in well with our core going forward. What is he worth to Boston in a trade and what is he worth contract-wise? Projects as a 20-20 gritty 3rd liner. His stats aren't unbelievable but he does seem to be a pretty sure thing to make the NHL.
6'02 202lbs 22yrs old
AHL 45gp 11-6-17 38 PIM
NHL 17gp 1-2-3 4 PIM

Magnus Paajarvi
Seems to be the odd man out in Edmonton and MacTavish wants to shake the roster up. Has been bounced around between AHL and NHL, hasn't quite found his groove offensively. Fits with our core as well, has started to find his physical game. Projects as a 2nd line, two-way PWF for about 25-25.
6'02 204lbs 22yrs old
AHL 38gp 4-16-20
NHL 38gp 9-5-14

And just for comparison...

Louis Leblanc
I wish this kid could catch a break. Has had several injuries strung together over a period of time. Doesn't fit in well with Hamilton. Could be an excellent 2-way 3rd liner but IMO still has 2nd liner potential. Did not look too out of place during his time with MTL. It will come down to how he trains/heals over the summer and what his training camp looks like.
6'0 190 22yrs old
AHL 60gp 10-8-18

Any thoughts or ideas on these players? What would it cost us to acquire them? Could you see a fit with the team moving forward?

Old
04-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
Can you name a player on the Habs that is currently scared to go into the corners?
I wont question the willingness to go to the corners, i will question their abilities in the corners tho. Montreal in general is pretty poor and lose most puck battles along the boards, and their defenseman really struggle when facing bigger forwards down low and in front of the net.

Old
04-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
Do you actually watch the games against Toronto and Boston? Give me a break man.
And so far we are 3-2-0 against those two teams.

Old
04-20-2013, 07:12 PM
25get

Lets see how Gionta does in PO before trading him.
Same with Moen.

Old
04-20-2013, 07:34 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

I dont know what the team can get for Moen but man do i wish he would just get the hell outta Montreal !! I've seen paint drying that was more interesting to watch than his play this year...

Old
04-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

I would trade carey price for ryan miller and thomas vanek.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:05 AM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 483
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
I would trade carey price for ryan miller and thomas vanek.
I'd trade 3/4 of this fan base for a light post.

At least a light post can bring something positive to my life.

So much face palm I need moisturizer.

Old
04-21-2013, 09:10 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

This wouldn't ever happen, but imagine being this aggressive at the deadline.

FORWARDS
Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.870m)
Ryane Clowe ($4.500m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Michael Ryder ($4.500m)
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Lars Eller ($1.325m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Brandon Prust ($2.500m) / Jeff Halpern ($0.850m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m)
Gabriel Dumont ($0.578m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Alexei Emelin ($2.000m)
Ian White ($3.500m) / P.K. Subban ($2.875m)
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.225m)
Francis Bouillon ($1.500m) /
GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.400m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,580,833; BONUSES: $2,485,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $204,167

And this assumes we don't move out Eller or Plekanec obviously. Either could bring in something possibly better than Clowe or Ryder.

Old
04-21-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
And so far we are 3-2-0 against those two teams.
We are 1-3 vs Toronto. Its not just the corners where we lose battles. We give the puck away too much when we are intimidated. We need posters on here who played hockey as most have no idea. Pleks looked disgusted yesterday and i am sure most of the skilled guys on this team would love to be playing on a team where they would be protected. This team is going nowhere as is.

Old
04-21-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
This wouldn't ever happen, but imagine being this aggressive at the deadline.

FORWARDS
Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.870m)
Ryane Clowe ($4.500m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Michael Ryder ($4.500m)
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Lars Eller ($1.325m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Brandon Prust ($2.500m) / Jeff Halpern ($0.850m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m)
Gabriel Dumont ($0.578m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Alexei Emelin ($2.000m)
Ian White ($3.500m) / P.K. Subban ($2.875m)
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.225m)
Francis Bouillon ($1.500m) /
GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.400m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,580,833; BONUSES: $2,485,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $204,167

And this assumes we don't move out Eller or Plekanec obviously. Either could bring in something possibly better than Clowe or Ryder.
I'd rather have Yannick Weber than Ian White. We need a big mean dman if we are adding one.

Old
04-21-2013, 10:33 AM
LeHabsMan

Quote:

C Shaw
D Seabrook

for

C Desharnais
D Dias

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Seabrook
Emelin-Tinordi

In a few years

Tinordi-Subban
Beaulieu-Seabrook
Emelin-Gorges
Never bring up this proposal to Hawks fans. Trust me I have tried and offered more.

Old
04-21-2013, 10:41 AM
Draft

Quote:
We are 1-3 vs Toronto. Its not just the corners where we lose battles. We give the puck away too much when we are intimidated. We need posters on here who played hockey as most have no idea. Pleks looked disgusted yesterday and i am sure most of the skilled guys on this team would love to be playing on a team where they would be protected. This team is going nowhere as is.
You're really endearing yourself to the other posters here. Ridiculous fantasy line-ups and insults within 100 posts? The team isn't built to go anywhere as is, the team is rebuilding and in a state of transition. It's not as easy as just shipping out Gionta, Desharnais, and Gallagher and signing all of the top free agents over 6'5 in next years crop. I'm sure most of the posters here have had some experience playing hockey or at the very least follow it very closely, why else would they be here?

Old
04-21-2013, 10:43 AM
Captain Saku

Desharnais, Moen and Price's contracts could be big mistakes made by a rookie GM.

I hope I'm wrong, specially for Price, he's my favorite hab and want him to succeed, but if he still struggles in the playoffs I think he's done with MTL.

Old
04-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Desharnais, Moen and Price's contracts could be big mistakes made by a rookie GM.

I hope I'm wrong, specially for Price, he's my favorite hab and want him to succeed, but if he still struggles in the playoffs I think he's done with MTL.
I would disagree, Price is huge for the Habs and won't be shipped out if he has a bad playoffs. He's still young and, though he hasn't played like it the last 5 games, he is still a #1 goaltender. He's been solid all year, gives the team a chance to win games. It may mean we get a better back-up to play behind him but I don't think it means he's done.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:03 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I'd posted this on the other thread before it closed. Any interest in Seabrook as a 1.5?

The Habs won't struggle under the cap this summer, unlike several teams with lots of defensive depth. From the sounds of it, Chicago fans have been quite unimpressed with Seabrook this year. Apparently he's been outperformed by Hjalmarsson, thus making Hjalmarsson a no-trade and Seabrook a possibility (to the fans at least). His contract is 5.8mil until 2016-2017. He's big, tough, offensively reliable, 27yrs old. He is one of the best defenceman in the league but, perhaps not this year from the sounds of things. What would it take to get him? Chicago needs a cheap #2 Center, likely a cheap defenceman in return and perhaps bottom 6 wingers. What can be made around the following? Is there interest for Montreal giving up real assets?

Desharnais (1mil retained) + Emelin/Diaz + xxx

or

Eller + Diaz/Emelin + xxx

or

Plekanec + xxx

For a little bit smaller deal, Boston will also struggle to stay under the cap and may leave some players unsigned. With Soderberg potentially filling his spot, any interest in Jordan Caron? Tainted goods and Boston will likely try and retain him. What would we be willing to pay? He's big, could play 4th line if needed, projects to be 3rd line ~20+20.

Kyle Beach is a risky RFA from CHI. Very poor attitude, scored 52 goals in the WHL, tough enough, pretty big. His stock has dropped considerably but may benefit from a change of scenery.
Seabrook is going nowhere

Old
04-21-2013, 05:22 PM
le_sean

Quote:
I'd rather have Yannick Weber than Ian White. We need a big mean dman if we are adding one.
I'm fairly certain Ian White has been a healthy scratch by the Red Wings for a good portion of the season. No interest.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:31 PM
attachetatuque
un gros bonhomme!

What is Milan Lucic worth?

Despite the disappointing season, and the fact that he is a hated player in MTL, I'm sure everyone would love to have him wearing a Habs jersey. Probably the player who has caused the most damage to our team in the past 5 years. I feel like he is exactly the player we need on our top 6 to complement our little guys.

If Bergevin was to trade him for our 1st round pick/Nashville's 2nd Round and a 3rd round + prospect(s) (Beaulieu/Kristo), I would be extremely satisfied. Even with a deep draft, and even considering Lucic is having a bad season. Keep in mind Lucic brings much more than points to the table. 55-65 pts Lucic>70pts any offensive player

Old
04-21-2013, 06:07 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by daGreenGiant View Post
What is Milan Lucic worth?

Despite the disappointing season, and the fact that he is a hated player in MTL, I'm sure everyone would love to have him wearing a Habs jersey. Probably the player who has caused the most damage to our team in the past 5 years. I feel like he is exactly the player we need on our top 6 to complement our little guys.

If Bergevin was to trade him for our 1st round pick/Nashville's 2nd Round and a 3rd round + prospect(s) (Beaulieu/Kristo), I would be extremely satisfied. Even with a deep draft, and even considering Lucic is having a bad season. Keep in mind Lucic brings much more than points to the table. 55-65 pts Lucic>70pts any offensive player
Zero chance they trade him to Montreal.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Zero chance they trade him to Montreal.
Agreed. It would take a huge overpayment to move him to a divisional rival but, to move him to the Habs? Impossible. Who wouldn't love to have a player like that though? Unfortunate that they cost so much to acquire. It'd probably take something around Pacioretty.

Last edited by Draft: 04-21-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old
04-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
We are 3-1 against Boston, who is better than Toronto and has a meaner defense. Toronto overall is notthat physical a team they just dress 3 goons.

Closed Thread