HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where do Bickell and Stalberg end up next year?

Old
04-19-2013, 09:09 PM
LandofLincoln

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H a w k s View Post
Why do people think Bickell is going to take another large term discount deal. It's going to be his lone relatively big money deal. Unless his agent is a Dan Carcillo level troglodyte he's not taking a discount.
Because he doesn't want to ride buses in the AHL after he has a terrible year next year.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:08 PM
H a w k s

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Because he doesn't want to ride buses in the AHL after he has a terrible year next year.
David Backes is that you? I wouldn't throw stones you dirty POS.

H a w k s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 01:24 AM
LandofLincoln

ha nice one

Quote:
David Backes is that you? I wouldn't throw stones you dirty POS.
made me laugh!

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:34 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Bickell wants security. The team that offers him the best term combined with money will get him. He will get that Kopecky contract

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:02 AM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

This is too bad because a big part of what made this team great this year was the production from guys like Bickell and Stahlberg...their size and VS speed can not be replace. Yes Bickell should score more with that shot of his but VS is the one I really want to keep...his speed is crazy and I "think" is headed to 25+ goal seasons real soon.

RFIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:43 AM
H a w k s

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post
This is too bad because a big part of what made this team great this year was the production from guys like Bickell and Stahlberg...their size and VS speed can not be replace. Yes Bickell should score more with that shot of his but VS is the one I really want to keep...his speed is crazy and I "think" is headed to 25+ goal seasons real soon.
I think Stalberg has peaked. His hands are not good enough to be that kind of scorer unless he's a Frolik type situation where he's one of the lone offensive threats.

H a w k s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:55 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Stalberg is very close to peaking. Hes made dramatic improvements in his game since coming to the Blackhawks. His awareness for passing and setting up teammates for scoring chances has improved dramatically.

As far as his output goes, if a team like the Wings make an offer for him, theres a good probability he'll be playing with Zetterberg and he'll get an instant bump in his offensive numbers.

The Hawks 3rd liners are other teams first liners. Hawks are the development team for everyone else. Thats fine as long as theres talent in the pipeline to develop but its difficult to sustain something like that. Hawks have been lucky so far.

Last time the Hawks gave up plus speed and size were Rene Borque and Jack Skille. Skille has no IQ and Borque had poor shot accuracy.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:56 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Patrice Bergeron is likely fav

I would say that Saad is up there for Calder ,, It will depend on what voters like from rookie

Leading a terrible team in scoring vs Kid playing on 1st place team playing in all situations
Why? Bergeron hasnt played as many games. And toews is better offensively and just as good in the d zone and at the dot

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:09 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

I have a feeling that IF we keep either one of them it'll probably be Bickell. Stalberg will command too much, which is a shame because he's the exact type of role player this team needs.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 04:27 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
I have a feeling that IF we keep either one of them it'll probably be Bickell. Stalberg will command too much, which is a shame because he's the exact type of role player this team needs.
Yeah I don't see any way Stalberg returns and I don't understand why some hold this preconception that the Hawks will find a way to bring him back. It's just not possible and the Hawks know it will be tough to lock up guys like Hammer, Kane, Toews, Leddy, Saad in the next few years if they start adding more $2-3m, 3-4 year contracts.

But I'm sure some will ***** about Stan when he doesn't re-sign VS anyway, even though they will inevitably be the same people who **** all over him the past few years.

Fact is, if the Hawks management knew that the cap would be coming down like this, maybe they would have let Sharp or Seabrook walk as UFA. But the fact is, all of the big-market teams who are close to the cap right now are going to have to make choices in the next couple of years and realize that it's going to be even tougher to have the kind of depth that the Hawks had in 2010, and that they have now.

Old
04-20-2013, 04:51 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
Yeah I don't see any way Stalberg returns and I don't understand why some hold this preconception that the Hawks will find a way to bring him back. It's just not possible and the Hawks know it will be tough to lock up guys like Hammer, Kane, Toews, Leddy, Saad in the next few years if they start adding more $2-3m, 3-4 year contracts.

But I'm sure some will ***** about Stan when he doesn't re-sign VS anyway, even though they will inevitably be the same people who **** all over him the past few years.

Fact is, if the Hawks management knew that the cap would be coming down like this, maybe they would have let Sharp or Seabrook walk as UFA. But the fact is, all of the big-market teams who are close to the cap right now are going to have to make choices in the next couple of years and realize that it's going to be even tougher to have the kind of depth that the Hawks had in 2010, and that they have now.
Really? You think the Hawks would of let Sharp or Seabrook walk as a UFAs? Is that a serious suggestion?

I think you are severely overestimated the cap crunch the Hawks and other teams are in. The cap isn't going down to 50 million. It will be 64.3 million next year and likely raise every year after.

If you don't see anyway that Stalberg can be retained then you aren't looking hard enough. Remember that just because we re-sign Stalberg doesn't mean that we will keep him for 10+ years. Players get traded. Don't you remember Versteeg, Byfuglien, Ladd, ect. getting traded because of the cap crunch? What would be so bad if we had to trade Stalberg in a year because of the cap? That would be the smart thing to do IMO. Should we let Stalberg walk for nothing or get another year from him and trade him for assets to possibly replace him down the road? I'll take the assets. Remember that Stalberg himself was the main piece in the Versteeg trade. Maybe we should've just not qualified Versteeg and let him walk via free agency.

Now retaining Bickell or Stalberg would require them taking a fair deal. If that isn't possible for them then it might not be reasonable to retain them. But otherwise there is simply no reason in my mind to let them walk for nothing when we can go over the cap by 5 million in the offseason. If we get an extra year out of Stalberg, who can help us contend and then can trade him for even a 5th rounder, wouldn't that be worth it? Anything we got in a trade would be icing on the cake, not to mention we get an extra year of production instead of throwing a rookie out there in hopes he succeeds.

I just don't see the point in wasting assets. I want the most out of them. The fact you suggest the Hawks might have let Sharp or Seabrook walk for nothing, when even RIGHT NOW they would return quality assets in a trade is just silly to me. Do I want something or nothing...hmmm

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Beukeboom Fan

My issue is that if the Hawks are over the cap, it is unlikely that they get fair value in trade back.

IMO, they would have to make a deal before resigning VS or BB.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:07 PM
BronYrAur

I just can't see them re-signing Stalberg and then trading him a year later. The Hawks don't have the room to give Stalberg the deal that other teams will probably offer.

"A fair deal?" I'm guessing you are using that term to mean, a fair deal FOR THE HAWKS. A fair deal for the player is whatever one team will pay them. You can't blame Bickell & Stalberg for going to the highest bidder when they have been two of the best values in the NHL this year.

I don't really think the Hawks would have certainly let Sharp or Seabrook go or traded one of them, but I do think they would have thought about it. Those guys are only getting worse at this point. Though they are still good players.

Old
04-20-2013, 05:14 PM
Marotte Marauder

I love Stalberg, from day one, but he will get Hudler money in the off season and be gone. That will all be somewhat tolerable if the Hawks win another Cup. If not, it will push that Cup that much further into the future because nobody in the system can bring what he does. It's more than points, he opens a lot of ice for other guys.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:22 PM
here come the

Quote:
I think Stalberg has peaked. His hands are not good enough to be that kind of scorer unless he's a Frolik type situation where he's one of the lone offensive threats.
He scored 22 goals last year without any time on the PP, is playing a better all around game this year, and is averaging more PPG and he's peaked? You're crazy

here come the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Stalberg won't be the reason if we win a cup or not... Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook and goaltending will be the reason. The Core wins the cup

Old
04-20-2013, 05:29 PM
madgoat33

if the core won the cup we wouldn't have gotten bounced in the first round the past two years...

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

...while the core hasn't showed up in the past two years

with Toews and Kane being the point leaders, Sharp being close behind them and Keith being the best D in the NHL at that time. They showed up in the Cup year while the last 2 years were different for some different reasons.

Old
04-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Stalberg won't be the reason if we win a cup or not... Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook and goaltending will be the reason. The Core wins the cup
I didn't say Stalberg will be the reason we win the Cup, but if he's gone, the replacements will have even less impact.

Most teams have a good core, it's the support players and goaltending that usually is the difference.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

the core is the difference... that's why they get paid much more than the role players.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:51 AM
giza

Stalberg and Bickell

Both have size that they don't use as well as they could. Bickell has a great shot but rarely gets it off. Stalberg has rare speed, but not the brains and skill to leverage it. Both are inconsistent. And, both have showed a certain amount of improvement. That said, Bickell is like Byflugien in that he turns on the physical element more during the playoffs, but doesn't do a whole lot of that during the regular season. All things considered, these guys are 40 point guys, one with incredible wheels and one with tantalizing size and shot yet they are both incomplete players. Both should be kept for the right price, but if either tries to gauge, let 'em fly. Their physicality and production can be replaced.

giza is offline   Reply With Quote