HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 7.0: Price (knee/groin), Patches (shoulder), Pleks (groin), Prust (rib)

Old
04-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Really happy about Diaz and Armstrong coming back soon (at worst...Armstrong is good for depth as 12th or 13th forward). And Diaz improves our top 4...great stuff!

Prust:
I really hope he rests till playoffs...we know he has a huge heart but he should rest his shoulder, imo, to be as close as possible to 100% for playoffs.

Obviously missing Emelin's mean bodychecking style and shot-blocking, but...our speed has just improved dramatically...probably one of the fastest D-corps in the NHL right now (obviously excludes Markov!):
Subban
Gorges
Markov
Diaz
Bouillon
Weber
----------- -----------
Drewiskie
Tinordi
Beaulieu

Mr. Hab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 02:41 PM
StellerEller

vCash: 351
If Armstrong and Prust can go we should rest moen. Id also like to rest Markov against a weaker opponent when Diaz gets back. Call up Pateryn/Tinordi.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:19 PM
WeThreeKings
Sept 19th

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Emelin

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Army is close? Wow, he looked like he was going to be out a while.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
The team does have a better record when he's in the lineup. Could he be the secret to our success?

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
The team does have a better record when he's in the lineup. Could he be the secret to our success?
It could be like that tom pyatt factor. For whatever reason, they had a stellar record with him in the lineup. They should rub his tummy for good luck before games.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 04:52 PM
JohnLennon

I hope Armstrong comes back soon, he was our best fourth liner. He definitely generated the most opportunities for himself and others, he's got some solid hands and he's a gritty player. Love the guy, it would be great to have him in the playoffs.

Also, ecstatic about the Diaz news. If he plays Saturday, he will no doubt be put on a line with Bouillon or someone on the third pairing to ease him into it.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Chfan
HFB Partner

Diaz back would obviously be huge help, but getting Colby back is a good thing too, yes he has stone hands most of the times, and he isn't the best on breakaways, but he gets so much scoring chances, there must be something he does right.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Kirk Muller

Hopefully no lasting affects for Diaz. Montreal desperately needs him back as Markov and Bouillon are getting exposed badly, and Gorges looks to be fatiguing and not looking like the steadying influence he was.

As much as Prust has brought toughness, i keep cringing every time he fights. Looks like he continues to injuries his shoulder further when he drops them. He needs to heal up. I rather he only fight when absolutely necessary.

Kirk Muller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Hopefully no lasting affects for Diaz. Montreal desperately needs him back as Markov and Bouillon are getting exposed badly, and Gorges looks to be fatiguing and not looking like the steadying influence he was.

As much as Prust has brought toughness, i keep cringing every time he fights. Looks like he continues to injuries his shoulder further when he drops them. He needs to heal up. I rather he only fight when absolutely necessary.
Poor Markov has no help on the blueline, its like he's playing with peewees.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:03 AM
LucaGTI

@CanadiensMTL
R. Diaz a confirmé qu'il a reçu le feu vert et sera de l'alignement ce soir. | Diaz confirmed he got the green light and will play tonight

LucaGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
It's probably very likely he won't be 100% when he returns. Guy is a warrior like Prust.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaGTI View Post
@CanadiensMTL
R. Diaz a confirmé qu'il a reçu le feu vert et sera de l'alignement ce soir. | Diaz confirmed he got the green light and will play tonight
Who's gonna be out ? Drewiske or Weber ?

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:38 AM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
You wrote the exact same thing twice now...trying to depress everyone here?!

Emelin was a huge loss.
Subban was a huge loss.
Markov was a huge loss.
Gorges was a huge loss.
Guess which one I'll take for the playoffs.

We could write ''Emelin was a huge loss'' all day long, but it's not going to help. The team is weak (in depth) if it can't move forward.
Emelin is gone...Diaz is finally coming back, and Weber is looking good. No problem. We may have a serious problem if Subban goes down.

The glass is half empty
OR
The glass is half full.
You wouldn't prefer being the full glass guy? (I will).

Doesn't do anything to keep writing ''Emelin was a huge loss'' (only depressing! but not really since Diaz is back soon and Weber may be able to give as much as Emelin in a different way...with offense and killer speed...he just needs that consistency/confidence imo).
Might as well remind us again and again that the Gomez for McDonagh trade was a bad one.

Cheer up...the playoffs are almost here and Diaz is back and Weber may make us happy. Cheers!!
Haven't seen our house of cards fall so dramatically after doing so well. At the same time, I don't think the guy gets enough credit so I was trying to make a point. Diaz will get killed in the playoffs and Weber? Good luck. Wonder what the tenders would say?

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Who's gonna be out ? Drewiske or Weber ?
Drewiske . Weber was solid in his limited action while Drew has been so so lately. Besides, Weber PP presence is an asset. We can have Weber-Diaz on the second PP which is a huge upgrade over Bou- Georges.

Locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:57 AM
zzoo

Prust replaces Dumont. If Armstrong is back, then who will be out ? Moen ?

zzoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:08 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Diaz coming back is HUGE! Damn, I missed that guy.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
Diaz coming back is HUGE! Damn, I missed that guy.
He was gone for 25 games.... Half of this season. Too bad Emelin is not around anymore.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Poor Markov has no help on the blueline, its like he's playing with peewees.
Markov has been just as much to blame lately.

Kirk Muller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 01:32 PM
StellerEller

vCash: 351
Diaz will have fresh legs, and if he can be comfortable early we can have two awesome PP units:

Markov-Subban
Weber-Diaz

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 01:39 PM
JohnLennon

I'm so glad that Diaz is back tonight. Our defense needs all the help it can get! Is Armstrong confirmed yet?

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
fans were giving him a rough go for his slow play, inability to score (prime chances), and for having pk time. that said, his play 5-5 in his own end was reliable, didn't take bad penalties, and rarely did the 4th line give up chances. He's pretty smart in his own end, something hard to measure.

he played his role well...despite the hate he received.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:48 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
fans were giving him a rough go for his slow play, inability to score (prime chances), and for having pk time. that said, his play 5-5 in his own end was reliable, didn't take bad penalties, and rarely did the 4th line give up chances. He's pretty smart in his own end, something hard to measure.

he played his role well...despite the hate he received.
To be fair, his first ten games were bad. He seems to have been one of the guys that needed a longer training camp to be ready, but they didn't get one.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:10 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
Haven't seen our house of cards fall so dramatically after doing so well. At the same time, I don't think the guy gets enough credit so I was trying to make a point. Diaz will get killed in the playoffs and Weber? Good luck. Wonder what the tenders would say?
Thanks for the reply.
I totally get the worrying with Emelin's absence, but we must stay positive.

Imagine...one of our top 3 dmen going down with serious injury right now? I'll need Prozac!

We have to hope Diaz and Weber's speed/offense will help us just as much as Emelin's bodychecking. And I'm also going to hope they play simple/smart defense. For sure...we'll be missing Emelin's physical aspect (really agree with you), but...we're so lucky Diaz is coming back and right on time...we just need to give him some games to adjust again to game play and hope for the best.
And we're lucky that Weber may actually take advantage of his huge chance to deliver what he can...killer speed, offense, PP skills, and most important of all...smart defense (this is my only concern with Weber...his defense... let's cross our fingers for him to be very confident since confidence imo will lift up his game).

You're right...playoffs will be tougher and more physical, so...we want/need Emelin. Management might address this during summer by trying to add another physical dman or wait for Tinordi (2014 playoffs) to be that more physical/mean Hal Gill. I want Tinordi to be physical but I don't want him to overdo it...right time, right play, when it's needed, etc, less prone to being injured (bodychecking can take a toll on the body as we know and create more chances for injury...Emelin). For next season I want Emelin to improve the defensive aspect of his game...we already like the physical and shot-blocking aspects of his game, but defensively...he can improve.

Let's hope for this (for playoffs):
Diaz+Weber > = Emelin

What Diaz and Weber can't or may not do as much as Emelin (huge hits)...they make make up (and do more than just that) with their offense and killer speed. We're speed devils with Diaz and Weber. And I'm hoping they play smart defense.

Good luck to Diaz and Weber for our playoffs.
We need them (or one of them to deliver in a big way or just be consistent/steady defensively and help the offense...).

Go Habs Go!!
Cheers!!

You never know...
Markov-Diaz
could end up being better than Markov-Emelin...I just hope Diaz has enough time to get back into the groove and get his awesome game back.
(many here were complaining and with reason about the awful/slow defense of Markov-Emelin...they were caught pinching so many times and their slow speed made it worse...imo).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 04-20-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old
04-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaGTI View Post
@CanadiensMTL
Huge news
(thanks for posting).

p.s.: is it just me...? I really don't want Prust to play right now...we need him to heal for playoffs...unless he feels he can't get closer to a 100% with more rest?? Or he has too much heart...he feels the need to play. I hope he will be alright 'cause we really need him to be a huge warrior for us in playoffs.
Go Prust Go!!