Islanders win 5-4 in shoot out

Old
04-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryPooley View Post
Hey Isles, you're an awesome awesome team now. And you have no fans and an owner named Wang. Now p*** off out of my city.
Hey...

I actually really like the Isles and am a fan.
Next year when e Jets move west they will be my East team.

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
A Canadian one, not an American one, right?
American ones get air in it.

I have having to toss my frozen beverages half finished because they get air pockets.

Concordski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Waldo

vCash: 500
Overall the Isles were the better team so the point is good but we were so close. Jets were sloppy all game but I attribute that to the way the Isles forechecked and their speed.

It was a heartbreaker though. One off the post in overtime. We're chasing the Rangers and the Caps so the point is good. 11 of 12 pts is still excellent. Pretty amazing how we were able to keep coming back.

It was a bold move by Noel to pull Pavs that early. We're not that far off from being a very good team (if we aren't one already). This is an amazing end of season drive. The Guys are really pushing hard for a playoff spot. There is much to be proud of.

Waldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
My excuse? This is the NHL and scoring chances will be generated by good teams. I'm sick of this endless merry go round ride where people point out Pavelecs bad numbers and people keep trying to justify them. Let me make my comment and point out his bad goals and be on my way with the rest of the post game. I'm really get sick of having to defend my opinion with the same argument every time (an argument backed by cold hard numbers not emotion).
If you're going to post on a Jets board and swim the opposite direction than everyone else you're going to hear about it.

Sorry, just the way it is.

Resurrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Maybe have a different opinion of anything else once in awhile and you wouldn't have to defend yourself every game.
I talked about the missed chance in OT, the schedule for Washington being difficult, and Pavelec needing to be better. There is a cheerleading section for Ondrej that seems to follow anything anti Pavelec tho and attack it with emotional attacks on our defense founded in no statistical evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
If you're going to post on a Jets board and swim the opposite direction than everyone else you're going to hear about it.

Sorry, just the way it is.
I hardly think that the majority of Jets fans think Pavelec has been a good goaltender this year. Please. lol.

Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

How is that the season? Habs beat the Caps and we are fine. It's all about the game in Washington.

Tough night overall for pavalec. Should have had at least two of the goals. We usually lose when he isn't on, so there is consolation there.

Not over boys. Go habs go.

peter sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:09 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by gholas View Post
TSN Turning Point, Bogo going for an unneeded hit leaving the net unguarded....
TSN turning point #2 Jokinen cowardly skating to the bench with the Islanders in our zone about to score. Sure the guy was injured but you have to man up in that situation!

Jokinen should have been forced to sit on the bench watching a ballsy Tangradi blocking 4 shots in one shift.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

If we don't make the playoffs, this game isn't going to be the reason. It's going to be one or two of the other games we've lost.

Old
puckhandler

A regulation loss by Washington tonight and a Jets win Monday puts us in third, which would put all the pressure on Washington on home ice. I still believe Jets pull through.

puckhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:10 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
My excuse? This is the NHL and scoring chances will be generated by good teams. I'm sick of this endless merry go round ride where people point out Pavelecs bad numbers and people keep trying to justify them. Let me make my comment and point out his bad goals and be on my way with the rest of the post game. I'm really get sick of having to defend my opinion with the same argument every time (an argument backed by cold hard numbers not emotion).
Nobodies making excuses for Pavs this game. You just seem to not see how bad the defense was too. Hard to take your opinion serious when you only look at one thing and fail to acknowledge the multiple problems we had. Like I said, it's a TEAM game.

Quote:
A Canadian one, not an American one, right?
Obviously.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DarthMonty
Jurassic Park baby

Quote:
What's going to be even tougher to shake is that 5 game horrific losing steak that put us in this position in the first place.
Win just one of the two losses against the Caps, and it's a whole different play-off picture.

DarthMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Ah, basically, you want to keep saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, but you get confused when people get irritated that you keep parroting the same thing?

Try to have an opinion about something else for a change. And maybe comment on it when he's doing something good? Or just keep commenting on Pavs if that's what gets you going, but don't be surprised if people will keep arguing with you about it.

Romang67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Hammer Slammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Hopefully the Habs can help you guys out tonight...WSH has won the last 5 in MTL, it's high time that streak ends.

I see the game is not even on CBC Winnipeg...pretty lame since it's so huge for the Jets.
Yeah, if the Leafs and Habs are playing at the same time it's always the Leafs game shown everywhere but Quebec, unless the two are playing each other. Very annoying.

And that also blacks the game out on Centre Ice and Gamecentre, so you'd have to resort to that terrible CBC stream.

Help is always appreciated, we certainly haven't gotten a lot of it.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke89 View Post
It's also worth pointing out that the Isles are easily one of the hottest teams in the league right now. We were due to lose a game. Now that it's out of the way, we can go win the next three.
I was actually going to edit one of my post's to say essentially what you said.

I agree.

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:11 PM
Blackie Dammit
proud flatlander

The Jets didn't play their best and still came back from a 2 goal deficit to get a point against one of the hottest teams in the league. I'm happy. Now lets enjoy watching Ovy fall flat on his face.

Blackie Dammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:13 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

IMO not a great game for Pavelec... but he wasn't the only one on the team.
Him not having a good game unfortunately singles him out as he has more of an affect than let's say Gagnon.

garret9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:13 PM
StronGeer
Butterfele

Whine whine whine, moan moan moan.

If you had told anyone we'd come out of this homestand 5-0-1, they would've been jubilant. The teams we're chasing have been playing well, but so have we. The last week will be interesting.

Great time to have 4 exams in 4 days

StronGeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:14 PM
Hammer Slammer

Quote:
I hardly think that the majority of Jets fans think Pavelec has been a good goaltender this year. Please. lol.
Lately? He's been fine. Who cares about earlier in the year, all I care about is now.

The fact you started the thread with "Let the Pavelec excuses begin" when the outcome of the game wasn't really his doing was strange and against the flow. I think we're all just happy to be here.

We're 5-1-1 in our last 7 in the hunt for the playoffs. A little positivity couldn't hurt.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by StronGeer View Post
Great time to have 4 exams in 4 days
I'm glad those grueling U of A days are behind me

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
be honest.

You know that your "opinion" will incite arguement so you make sure to post it after every loss so that the Post Game Thread turns into a *****ing match.

There is no need to defend it if you don't feel the need to start a arguement after every loss.

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:16 PM
KrisowszyJetsPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
Hey...

I actually really like the Isles and am a fan.
Next year when e Jets move west they will be my East team.
Me too me too. Buttt meeehh shame we didnt win.

But HEY we still have a chance right??

2nite Habs must win!!!!

KrisowszyJetsPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:17 PM
BigZ65

vCash: 350
Lucky to get a point. Islanders are going to be a tough out in the playoffs as long as the refs don't swallow their whistles, they force teams to make mistakes with speed and get the puck going in transition quickly leading to odd man rushes.

Like that the Jets continue to show resiliency. Don't like how easy it is to get to the front of our net, often alone. That Grabner goal shouldn't even be a scoring chance. Too much puck chasing.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

3 large papers and a stats exam during the Habs game.

The Michigan Difference.

Old
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Not sure why anybody is disapointed. Coming out with a point against the Isle is huge. Of course we really need Montreal to win in regulation now.

razorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CanuckCity

That was a tough one to watch. Good you for not quitting and tying the game up late. Too bad the hockey gods weren`t with you. Its not over yet though, here`s to hoping the caps lose in regulation.

CanuckCity is offline   Reply With Quote