Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders win 5-4 in shoot out

Old
04-20-2013, 05:19 PM
DarthMonty
Makin' saves

vCash: 50
Pavs has to be better, but realistically he was getting hung out to dry by the D, and even some forwards on two of the goals.

If pavs had been on his game, this would've been a win. The loss isn't totally on him, but he certainly bears some of the responsibility.

DarthMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
meedle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZ65 View Post
Lucky to get a point. Islanders are going to be a tough out in the playoffs as long as the refs don't swallow their whistles, they force teams to make mistakes with speed and get the puck going in transition quickly leading to odd man rushes.

Like that the Jets continue to show resiliency. Don't like how easy it is to get to the front of our net, often alone. That Grabner goal shouldn't even be a scoring chance. Too much puck chasing.
Both defensemen on that play made bad decisions. Clitsome went for the hit got a piece but the guy got by with the puck and clitsome was behind on the play cause of the hit. Then bogo leaving the front to chase him down was a bad decision too.

meedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
Not sure why anybody is disapointed. Coming out with a point against the Isle is huge. Of course we really need Montreal to win in regulation now.
Well... we lost? That usually makes me disappointed.

Romang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
TSN turning point #2 Jokinen cowardly skating to the bench with the Islanders in our zone about to score. Sure the guy was injured but you have to man up in that situation!

Jokinen should have been forced to sit on the bench watching a ballsy Tangradi blocking 4 shots in one shift.
Really?

That comes off as ridiculous as people calling out Markov for giving up on a play after having his wrist broken on a slash.

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Resurrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
be honest.

You know that your "opinion" will incite arguement so you make sure to post it after every loss so that the Post Game Thread turns into a *****ing match.

There is no need to defend it if you don't feel the need to start a arguement after every loss.
I swear on my dog I don't post with the intent to incite. I complain about Pavelec in rl far more than online because I haven't bought into his hype and believe he is a mediocre goaltender who makes flashy saves. Buuut..

I'm done with the Pavelec topic for now. It's akin to everyone working in an office where once a day someone lets chickens out to crap everywhere and peck on peoples shoes; and people are annoyed when the same person keeps complaining about it all the time.

Tonight Habs vs Caps and packing for the D.C. game and trip out East. Anyone know voodoo and want to curse Ovechkin?

Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:20 PM
Poulin 0n My St1ck

Hell of an effort you guys gave today. Very exciting game.

Good luck the last the rest of the way. Hope you make it in over the Rags.

Poulin 0n My St1ck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:21 PM
meedle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMonty View Post
Pavs has to be better, but realistically he was getting hung out to dry by the D, and even some forwards on two of the goals.

If pavs had been on his game, this would've been a win. The loss isn't totally on him, but he certainly bears some of the responsibility.
Pavs was not great and needs to be better to have a chance. I didn't like the 3rd goal especially. Was clearly thinking pass and was cheating coming off the post. I'm wondering what happens next year if his numbers are the same and we still finish out of the playoffs.

meedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:21 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 232
Pavelic was average. We got a point. In the grand scheme of things it's not bad.

Tuesdays game is key. Personally think it'll be a tough ask for the jets. Back to back on the road facing a rested Washington team.

cheswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:22 PM
DominikPavelec

Quote:
Originally Posted by meedle View Post
Pavs was not great and needs to be better to have a chance. I didn't like the 3rd goal especially. Was clearly thinking pass and was cheating coming off the post. I'm wondering what happens next year if his numbers are the same and we still finish out of the playoffs.
Who says we're finishing out of the playoffs this year? We're still in the hunt.

DominikPavelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:23 PM
Kamo

Aside from a tough loss today, how good is Ladd? I just love the guy, one of the best captains in the league. Not only does he set up Little for the tying goal, but in the shootout when he NEEDED to scored he did just that. So clutch.

Kamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Turbofan
Just shoot it Toby!!

Tons of drama and mini-stories in this game. Bogo and Okposo. Jets on their heels getting dominated. Defensive gaffes. Tangradi's shot blocking. Welly's breakaway goal, Burmi's shorthanded break, Jets rallying, the 6-on-4 gamble, Visnovsky's save, close calls at both ends, and of course the shootout. Vastly entertaining. Damn I love having a team.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Resurrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamo View Post
Aside from a tough loss today, how good is Ladd? I just love the guy, one of the best captains in the league. Not only does he set up Little for the tying goal, but in the shootout when he NEEDED to scored he did just that. So clutch.
I love Ladd. I was going to Ladd my jersey but I think I'll go with Bogo just because I think he's the most important player in our franchise.

Old
04-20-2013, 05:27 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Tons of drama and mini-stories in this game. Bogo and Okposo. Jets on their heels getting dominated. Defensive gaffes. Tangradi's shot blocking. Welly's breakaway goal, Burmi's shorthanded break, Jets rallying, the 6-on-4 gamble, Visnovsky's save, close calls at both ends, and of course the shootout. Vastly entertaining. Damn I love having a team.
AWESOME summary

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
broinwhyteridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Hopefully the Habs can help you guys out tonight...WSH has won the last 5 in MTL, it's high time that streak ends.

I see the game is not even on CBC Winnipeg...pretty lame since it's so huge for the Jets.
Luckily we have the internet.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
StronGeer
Just win, baby

vCash: 1337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
I love Ladd. I was going to Ladd my jersey but I think I'll go with Bogo just because I think he's the most important player in our franchise.
Strange... I would've thought you would've put Pavs on your Jersey.

StronGeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
Really?

That comes off as ridiculous as people calling out Markov for giving up on a play after having his wrist broken on a slash.
YES really, Jokinen's a wimp, man up and stay out until the puck leaves your zone like any North American born player would do!

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Resurrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by StronGeer View Post
Strange... I would've thought you would've put Pavs on your Jersey.

I swear to god I have a framed print of him in my basement. Cost me 80 dollars. It's lovely but I sometimes shake my fist at it as I walk by

Old
04-20-2013, 05:30 PM
RonJon
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
All that in an afternoon game. Go Figure.

If we make the playoffs we will do it the old fashion way.....Beat the Caps (with a little help from our friends or enemies)

RonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:31 PM
PerryPooley

Habs will pull it off tonite. They are due. And Jersey going into Rangers tomorrow will be tough. We're not done here at all.

PerryPooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:32 PM
tacogeoff

vCash: 460
Quote:
YES really, Jokinen's a wimp, man up and stay out until the puck leaves your zone like any North American born player would do!
Don cherry is that you?!?!
Lmao.

Great game regardless. Would of enjoyed the W but ill take one point Instead of no points

tacogeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:33 PM
JetsTrueNorth

Buff had a MONSTER game out there. What a champ!

(lol)

I couldn't even type that while keeping a straight face.

Good game by Wellwood. Pavelec may have let in the odd softy, but also won them 1 point. The pylon duo of Hainsey and Dustin Muffinlien was BRUTAL. A game that needed to be physical, and Ol' Buffy chose to take the night off (BIG SURPRISE).

JetsTrueNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
I think you need to tone down the melodrama, rrskyler.

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Mooche

We've been squeaking them out of as of late. This one just didn't bounce our way. It happens.

I really, really hope things play out to build even more hype for Tuesday in Washington. Would be nothing sweeter than beating those guys in their own building.

Go Jets go.

Mooche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
Five wins and one shoot out loss over their last six games; can't really complain about that.

Go Jets Go!!!

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:39 PM
JustBeCool
boom shakalaka

Quote:
I am going to straight up and say that this is an offensive comment. Understandable that you are upset with Jokinen. Compare him to Tangradi, whatever but to bring in race/nationality into it just makes it racist. Come on now.

JustBeCool is offline   Reply With Quote