Notices

Jason Pominville Part II

Old
04-19-2013, 05:26 AM
Darth Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy BoBandy View Post
Haha i was the one who didn't get it. I thought he meant to change your location to Pominville instead of Minnesota.
Solid idea!

Darth Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Hawerchuk10

Hi wild fans. Just a Sabrehead dropping in to see how The Pommer is doing for you guys? I haven't been watching any Minny games so I was wanting to get your opinions on how you like him so far. Good luck in the playoffs. We already made our tee times ... again. Cheers!

Hawerchuk10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 09:15 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawerchuk10 View Post
Hi wild fans. Just a Sabrehead dropping in to see how The Pommer is doing for you guys? I haven't been watching any Minny games so I was wanting to get your opinions on how you like him so far. Good luck in the playoffs. We already made our tee times ... again. Cheers!
He has 9 points in 8 games, but 8 of those points have come in 4 of his games so it's hard to gauge. We were just starting a slump when he got here so we after trying him on the first line with little team success they moved him in favor of putting Coyle back with Parise and Koivu. Now he's found some pretty good success with Kyle Brodziak and Pierre-Marc Bouchard of all people, playing on what he turned into another second line. I'm pleased with him, but I still think there's some mixed feelings about how much we spent to get him.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawerchuk10 View Post
He's been our best player since we acquired him. Hands down. Even getting stuck on a line with a struggling Bouchard and Brodziak this year and has elevated their game immediately and made us a 3 line hockey team.

It should be noted that Pominville now is 1 point off of leading the team at 34. One behind Parise and his stats are freakishly the same as Parise's with a few less goals, more assists and less shots.

I'll take that trade anyway of the week. 70 point players don't grow on trees. This guy is easily one of the top 5-6 best players to ever put on a Wild sweater. People around here don't quite realize what we have in this guy yet.

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:33 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Technically he can't lead the team in points though, as his statline from the sabres don't count on the wild, thus his statline this season is officially a split line on team metrics but only combine when talking about individual.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:33 PM
ClearedButNotOut
Fixity

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL View Post
He has 9 points in 8 games, but 8 of those points have come in 4 of his games so it's hard to gauge. We were just starting a slump when he got here so we after trying him on the first line with little team success they moved him in favor of putting Coyle back with Parise and Koivu. Now he's found some pretty good success with Kyle Brodziak and Pierre-Marc Bouchard of all people, playing on what he turned into another second line. I'm pleased with him, but I still think there's some mixed feelings about how much we spent to get him.
That's one thing that's great about Pommer...he can play with anyone and make it work for the most part...

Hope you guys are enjoying him...

ClearedButNotOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:43 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Yeah, he's been really good. Technically, his game SHOULD suit best with Parise and Koivu, but no use putting him in a position where he would be just used as a grinder. Brodziak can grind on the 2nd line, with Bouchard using his great speed and soft hands and set Poms up. As AKL said, we're a 3 line team right now, thanks to Pominville.

With that said, I'm still not sold on the trade. We'll see how Larsson and Hackett develop, and what our 1st turns out to be...

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Hawerchuk10

Thanks for the responses.

Hawerchuk10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I dunno, I see a guy who's opportunistic with his offense but doesn't create a lot on his own or bring much outside the offense. Doesn't look good defensively or physically. Like a better Pierre-Marc Bouchard.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Wildfan10*

Lol that 1st

Wildfan10* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 09:41 PM
forthewild

Said this when this trade happened will say it again now. This was the wrong trade to make, if we were parting with those 4 assets it SHOULD have been for a DEFENSEMAN which is a ****ING NEED for this team.

WE have one pairing rest of the defense is ****, so we bring in a top line guy (to play him on the 3rd line) but don't address the biggest ****ing weakness?

Goddamit I would have taken JBo over fuking PomPom

we're going to miss the playoffs and we're going to win the draft lottery, just get your grieving done now because in June you will watch Buffalo select Seth Jones...

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 09:42 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post

I'm starting to be on board with this.

If we would have gotten JBo, at least we could have blamed it on the curse when we miss the playoffs.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 10:01 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

I'm glad we didn't get JayBo.

For so many reasons I would just say "hell no."

I still like Pominville, and believe he will only help us in the future.

Now losing out on that 1st this year could suck...what with our lottery pick and all

DeuceMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 10:43 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Too much? Yes. It should have been players or picks. Rather have the player than the pick given where this team is.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Fletcher had no way of knowing this team would start taking a massive dump right after the trade. Pominville has been great for us but the rest of the team. . . . not so much.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:31 PM
"Craigs on it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
Said this when this trade happened will say it again now. This was the wrong trade to make, if we were parting with those 4 assets it SHOULD have been for a DEFENSEMAN which is a ****ING NEED for this team.

WE have one pairing rest of the defense is ****, so we bring in a top line guy (to play him on the 3rd line) but don't address the biggest ****ing weakness?

we're going to miss the playoffs and we're going to win the draft lottery, just get your grieving done now because in June you will watch Buffalo select Seth Jones...

With Buffalo luck I wouldn't worry about us winning a lottery. You guys wont even miss the playoffs with Edmonton and Colorado back 2 back.

1972 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:31 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Still don't regret the trade. Get back to me in a year.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:36 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

I'm sure Pominville is just absolutely gushing at the seams at the chance to re-sign with this team so he can continue to play 3rd line minutes.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:04 AM
Darth Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I dunno, I see a guy who's opportunistic with his offense but doesn't create a lot on his own or bring much outside the offense. Doesn't look good defensively or physically. Like a better Pierre-Marc Bouchard.
That's what i've been saying man. He cant consistantly pull a line himself, not offensively, not defensively. But if he get help with both, as well by some physical dude he will play very good overall, although streaky offensively but i believe that partly is becouse he's seldom had really top notch first line material on his line to feed his opportunistic style there.

Last edited by Darth Yoda: 04-22-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Darth Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:15 AM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

vCash: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
With Buffalo luck I wouldn't worry about us winning a lottery. You guys wont even miss the playoffs with Edmonton and Colorado back 2 back.
You should watch our game from tonight. This team couldn't score on a bantam squad without working its ass off right now.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:34 AM
Piffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mays Here View Post
I'm sure Pominville is just absolutely gushing at the seams at the chance to re-sign with this team so he can continue to play 3rd line minutes.
That's odd... He logged more minutes than Setoguchi, Cullen, and Zucker tonight. Against the Sharks, where the Wild had no PP time, he was only beaten out by 5 and 13 seconds by Setoguchi and Zucker, respectively. Cullen logged about a minute more...

Anyways, you were saying?

Piffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:38 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffles View Post
That's odd... He logged more minutes than Setoguchi, Cullen, and Zucker tonight. Against the Sharks, where the Wild had no PP time, he was only beaten out by 5 and 13 seconds by Setoguchi and Zucker, respectively. Cullen logged about a minute more...

Anyways, you were saying?
Perhaps I should've said playing on the 3rd line rather than playing 3rd line minutes. As for his play time tonight, I'm glad he got more time than the 2nd line because the 2nd line was god awful tonight.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:48 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
That's what i've been saying man. He cant consistantly pull a line himself, not offensively, not defensively. But if he get help with both, as well by some physical dude he will play very good overall, although streaky offensively but i believe that partly is becouse he's seldom had really top notch first line material on his line to feed his opportunistic style there.
Vanek is quite the linemate....

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:50 AM
THEKOSTAJA

I'm liking this trade less and less as the time goes by....

THEKOSTAJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 07:21 AM
forthewild

If we called up any number of teams with an offer of a 1st, 2nd(2014) Hackett and Larsson I wonder what kind of a dman we could have pried away from them.

As it stand we added a guy to toss on the 3rd line..... and for people moaning about Brodziak on the top PP that should have been Coyle's stop since the ****ing start. But because Mike "can't make up his ****ing mind so put Brodz out there" Yeo is a terrible coach is the reason why Coyle wasn't groomed for that role.

Way bigger holes on this team that 1st line RW and those holes were not adressed, STL got two dman, hell most teams made some moves SJS got rid of some dead weight added picks so they can retool on the fly.

We give up 4 prime assets and don't fix a big gaping hole... but we got Brett Clarke to play D, he's so ****ing good he was playing in the AHL and being courted by ****ing Oilers.....

**** this move **** it more and more, **** it **** it **** it

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote