HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread (part 2)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2013, 07:50 PM
  #326
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
All this Carey lovers vs Carey haters is silly

In fact, Montreal always had a love-hate relationship with goalies, it's always the same ****.

I always defended our #1 goalie no matter what his name is, and I'll keep defending Price until the last game he plays with us.

Just to understand well though, what are the 'Price haters' trying to do? Do you want him traded?
Price is playing like crap right now. There should be no dispute on this.

The difference is that a guy like Carey Costs is happy about it. Some posters are actually rooting for him to fail. It is what it is...

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:02 PM
  #327
Carey Cost*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
All this Carey lovers vs Carey haters is silly

In fact, Montreal always had a love-hate relationship with goalies, it's always the same ****.

I always defended our #1 goalie no matter what his name is, and I'll keep defending Price until the last game he plays with us.

Just to understand well though, what are the 'Price haters' trying to do? Do you want him traded?
Why would you defend price for no reason ?? What did he do to you to like him so much??
I dont understand why the blind love...Why is it in montreal we always have to show support and love our no1 goalies no matter what? Otherwise your looked as a habs hater. Thats such a bs.

Yes plz trade Price, right now he is the worst goalie in the NHL

Plz that lafleur Guy thinks he knows everything about everyone.

Carey Cost* is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:05 PM
  #328
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Price is playing like crap right now. There should be no dispute on this.

The difference is that a guy like Carey Costs is happy about it. Some posters are actually rooting for him to fail. It is what it is...
Yup, pretty much.

He's getting 6.5 big ones to bail us out once in a while, would be nice to see some of that sometimes.

Coldplay is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:06 PM
  #329
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Price is playing like crap right now. There should be no dispute on this.

The difference is that a guy like Carey Costs is happy about it. Some posters are actually rooting for him to fail. It is what it is...
There would be nobody happier than me if he flicked on a switch and played like an all star the next 3 1/4 games.

He's been solid most of the year, but the last 10 days it's been rough...very rough.

Yes you can say the team isn't playing great in front of him, but it doesn't help the team play with confidence when your goalie gives up 2 goals on the first 5 shots night in and night out.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:15 PM
  #330
TheAntiPrice
Registered User
 
TheAntiPrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 493
vCash: 500
Just ship his a#@ out of town already for crying out loud.

TheAntiPrice is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:17 PM
  #331
RedeyeRocketeer
Registered User
 
RedeyeRocketeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAntiPrice View Post
Just ship his a#@ out of town already for crying out loud.
Wow seriously? He's half your franchise. This is wild, most teams would kill to have him as their #1. You guys are gonna do what you did to Roy.

RedeyeRocketeer is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:18 PM
  #332
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,560
vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
Wow seriously? He's half your franchise. This is wild, most teams would kill to have him as their #1. You guys are gonna do what you did to Roy.
comparing him to roy is silly.

Raider917 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:19 PM
  #333
RedeyeRocketeer
Registered User
 
RedeyeRocketeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
comparing him to roy is silly.
I'm comparing him to your last great goalie. He is your next great goalie. Period.

RedeyeRocketeer is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:20 PM
  #334
MJG
Registered User
 
MJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,092
vCash: 500
The results are in amigo. What left to ponder?

MJG is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:21 PM
  #335
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,560
vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
I'm comparing him to your last great goalie. He is your next great goalie. Period.
silly

Raider917 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:22 PM
  #336
RedeyeRocketeer
Registered User
 
RedeyeRocketeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
silly
No, silly is chasing your cornerstone out of town. And then you wonder why it's often hard to sign great free agents...

RedeyeRocketeer is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:23 PM
  #337
Carey Cost*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
No, silly is chasing your cornerstone out of town. And then you wonder why it's often hard to sign great free agents...
You think calgary would give their first for Price?

Carey Cost* is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:25 PM
  #338
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjac View Post
Both Roy and Dryden blew games because of mental lapses. Just like every other goalie in the history of the game. So bad argument.
Roy has 2 of the biggest mental lapses in the history of the NHL lol

Fish on The Sand is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:33 PM
  #339
Carey Cost*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Roy has 2 of the biggest mental lapses in the history of the NHL lol
4 stanley cups?

Carey Cost* is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:36 PM
  #340
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 5,099
vCash: 500
Not worth 6,5M$ at the moment

Bieber fever is online now  
Old
04-20-2013, 09:01 PM
  #341
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Cost View Post
Why would you defend price for no reason ?? What did he do to you to like him so much??
I dont understand why the blind love...Why is it in montreal we always have to show support and love our no1 goalies no matter what? Otherwise your looked as a habs hater. Thats such a bs.

Yes plz trade Price, right now he is the worst goalie in the NHL

Plz that lafleur Guy thinks he knows everything about everyone.
It's not blind love. I just dont enjoy seeing our goalie playing bad.

We'll live or die with Price, at least until the end of the season. I dont see why would anyone wish him to fail or pointing fingers at him for every goal.

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 09:09 PM
  #342
Carey Chant
Registered User
 
Carey Chant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Some of bounces have to start going his way. It's like you can shoot from center and it has a 50/50 chance from going in.

Crossing my fingers Price can rebound and play where he should be at otherwise it's going to be a very short playoffs.

Pray we don't play the Leafs so we don't have to hear it from their fans for the next century.

Carey Chant is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 09:12 PM
  #343
ottawa*
go habs go
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
comparing him to roy is silly.
Troll post is troll post. He's clearly not comparing him to Carey Price . Keep going though, your post made me lol (not in a good way)

ottawa* is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 09:14 PM
  #344
Ezpz
No mad pls
 
Ezpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,589
vCash: 50
I feel Therrien is partly to blame. Martin/Cunnyworth never pulled Carey after we traded Halak and he always bounced back with a shutout/1 goal game. Therrien pulls Price and every bounce back game he's been crap.

Ezpz is online now  
Old
04-20-2013, 09:20 PM
  #345
the
Registered User
 
the's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 702
vCash: 500
Let's wait until the playoffs to see whats he's all about. Never been a fan of him and feel he's overrated but it's time for him to shut his critics up and show us what he can do.

Or else...it's going to be a long summer for "the franchise" goalie.

the is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 09:25 PM
  #346
Carey Cost*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
Let's wait until the playoffs to see whats he's all about. Never been a fan of him and feel he's overrated but it's time for him to shut his critics up and show us what he can do.

Or else...it's going to be a long summer for "the franchise" goalie.
I think trading him would be the best for the organisation and him....

Send him to calgary for their 1st.

Hes so overrated, they would need a goalie... I can see that trade happening.

Carey Cost* is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 09:28 PM
  #347
ottawa*
go habs go
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Cost View Post
I think trading him would be the best for the organisation and him....

Send him to calgary for their 1st.

Hes so overrated, they would need a goalie... I can see that trade happening.


Yeah, let's trade the only starter we have

ottawa* is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 09:30 PM
  #348
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,917
vCash: 500
I think he is still very weak mentally. If he allows an early goal, you know his focus is not there and he will be weak for the rest of the game.

Rosso Scuderia is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 09:32 PM
  #349
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post


Yeah, let's trade the only starter we have
I see a Jose Theodore end for him in Montreal. Except Price never won the Hart and Vezina.

Undertakerqc is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 09:43 PM
  #350
ottawa*
go habs go
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
I think he is still very weak mentally. If he allows an early goal, you know his focus is not there and he will be weak for the rest of the game.
Yeah that's true, but his lack of defense isn't exactly helping him regain confidence either. This team really needs to get its **** together especially on the back end (starting with the D)

ottawa* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.