HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gorges says 'We're soft'... Who is the soffest Hab?

Old
04-20-2013, 10:19 PM
takip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
I'm complaining for the same reason you just called me an idiot... because I'm pissed off.
You're pissed off with being second in the east? This is why I refrain from posting on HFboards. I may as well talk to my 8 year old niece about the Canadiens.

takip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:19 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

The same Gorges that said he didn't want Bergevin to make changes before deadline, glad he listened to him

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Habs13

Pfft! Most of the team is soft as hot butter. I'll take the easy route and name those that are not soff.

Prust, White, Emelin, Subban, Gallagher, Boullion

On occasion, Eller and Chucky have some grit... but our bigger guys don't hit either. Bourque, Pacioretty, Moen, Armstrong - these guys should be throwing big hits all the time, yet they hardly even bump the opposition.

We must have the easiest defense to play against in the league now that Emelin is out.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:25 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Lol, the winner is technically...Kaberle....

(I win this thread.)

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:30 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Lol, the winner is technically...Kaberle....

(I win this thread.)
soff? Never! You should see Kaberle attack the buffet table up in the press box.

WakeUpNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:31 PM
TennisMenace

With the exception of a few guys, most are soft and I'm afraid this weakness will be exposed big time in the playoffs.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:33 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by takip View Post
You're pissed off with being second in the east? This is why I refrain from posting on HFboards. I may as well talk to my 8 year old niece about the Canadiens.
So you think we have nothing to complain just because we are presently 2nd in the East? And we should not be worried at all about the recent blowouts?

Oh yeah, everything is doing just fine. We are 2nd. Woohoo! 2nd!! Who cares about being largely outscore and outhit in the last 10 days. Who cares tat we allowed 23 goals... in our last 4 losses. Who cares if we only won 1 game against a playoff team in our last 11 games.

Being a Habs fan doesn't mean you can't recognize the team is in trouble when they are. Habs fan doesn't mean you have to be delusional and think everything is perfectly fine even if we are 2nd. We are fans not cheerleaders.

Rosso Scuderia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:36 PM
Craig71

Quote:
So enlighten us oh wise one. What is it that we all miss about this team that requires greater knowledge?

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:38 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawg1989 View Post
I'd be easier to ask who's NOT soft.

Prust...
Emelin...

Yep, that's about it.

White but who needs him!

Maybe Tinordi or Blunden can step up this is getting sad.

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:39 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
So you think we have nothing to complain just because we are presently 2nd in the East? And we should not be worried at all about the recent blowouts?

Oh yeah, everything is doing just fine. We are 2nd. Woohoo! 2nd!! Who cares about being largely outscore and outhit in the last 10 days. Who cares tat we allowed 23 goals... in our last 4 losses. Who cares if we only won 1 game against a playoff team in our last 11 games.

Being a Habs fan doesn't mean you can't recognize the team is in trouble when they are. Habs fan doesn't mean you have to be delusional and think everything is perfectly fine even if we are 2nd. We are fans not cheerleaders.
Red, don`t go confusing this guy with logic!

Old
04-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Tyson

I read that alot of people say Tinordi is not ready whereas I say he may not be filled out yet but he has impressive reach and plays very well on the PK and overall defensively. I think he helps the Habs immensely if given a chance.

Tyson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Red, don`t go confusing this guy with logic!
The funny thing is that his logic has been proven faulty before. See the Kings last season, and to a lesser extent, the Habs and Philly in the season the Hawks won the Cup.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
soff? Never! You should see Kaberle attack the buffet table up in the press box.
I know he always goes to the dirty areas. Fried chicken, Twinkies, and a fresh batch of Krispy Kreme donuts every day.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:42 PM
takip

You're all so paranoid. It's as if you guys look for things to ***** about. I remember after losing badly to the Leafs, so many people were complaining about how we have a garbage team and that we're hopeless and that we should trade everyone. The team went on a streak after that and everyone was praising the team.

This is the same exact garbage. You guys need to relax and not lose your minds during a losing streak. It happens, that's sports. If it were up to the majority of the posters on this board, we would have a team full of prospects and goons.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:44 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
You're all so paranoid. It's as if you guys look for things to ***** about. I remember after losing badly to the Leafs, so many people were complaining about how we have a garbage team and that we're hopeless and that we should trade everyone. The team went on a streak after that and everyone was praising the team.

This is the same exact garbage. You guys need to relax and not lose your minds during a losing streak. It happens, that's sports. If it were up to the majority of the posters on this board, we would have a team full of prospects and goons.
I remember when I was a Capitals fan in their President's trophy run and was witness to awful defense for an entire half season. Naturally, that was exploited well enough in the upset of the Caps that season. I see flaws in this team, and seeding will not cover that up.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:44 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

In Montreal, you need a 'politically correct' team in order to please the kids and wimps, what would the organization look like if a player behaves like White does ?!

Cliché, I know, I just live in the past, where my favorite players were Darius Kasparaitis, Matthew Barnaby and Eric Lindros...

Sincerly hope they trade Desharnais to a team in need of a center (and goddamned Moen... ), and sign Clowe, Clarkson and Bordeleau. Gionta needs to leave too, the team is freefalling, leadership is lacking somewhere.

Positive is, while we keep losing like that, our draft position keeps getting better

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:46 PM
takip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
I remember when I was a Capitals fan in their President's trophy run and was witness to awful defense for an entire half season. Naturally, that was exploited well enough in the upset of the Caps that season. I see flaws in this team, and seeding will not cover that up.
But it took you until the end of the season to witness those flaws? All I'm saying is that you guys need to chill out.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:48 PM
Craig71

Quote:

Do you remember how the team responded after that loss? It is not the time to bash posters on this board but rather focus in on the collapse in front of you. If we are all wrong, then tell us what do you see from the habs?

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:48 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
White but who needs him!

Maybe Tinordi or Blunden can step up this is getting sad.
I actually thought Blunden was pretty decent last year. He didn't hurt the team that I saw, he had energy and was involved in the play, and he was laying out like 3 hits a game. This year he hasn't played much but you would think he would really bring everything he had when given a chance and he failed completely, seemed to be going through the motions and just a couple of hits in 5-6 games. So no, not so much. Too bad, hes 6'4 and 220lbs.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:50 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:

This is not just a losing streak... they have been humiliated 4 out of the last 5 games and embarrassed in the other game.
A true Habs fan has to scream in agony and rage against the world... a habs follower such as yourself can take the high road.

Old
takip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Do you remember how the team responded after that loss? It is not the time to bash posters on this board but rather focus in on the collapse in front of you. If we are all wrong, then tell us what do you see from the habs?
Ideally, I see a fan base that supports them going into the playoffs.

Old
Rosso Scuderia

If you think you are too intelligent for HFBoards, take your ponpons and get out. We don't need your cheerleading contribution. Here we can actually see the flaws and problems of this team and talk about it. This is not a fanboy board. Its not about rainbows and unicorns and 2nd place.

Rosso Scuderia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:51 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Not surprising coming from OP. I figured there was a DD thread already.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:53 PM
takip

Quote:
This is not just a losing streak... they have been humiliated 4 out of the last 5 games and embarrassed in the other game.
A true Habs fan has to scream in agony and rage against the world... a habs follower such as yourself can take the high road.
No I have come to terms with the situation. You can keep calling me a Habs follower, but you only know me from a thread on the internet. So if you want to resort to.....I guess you could call it pathetic name calling, be my guest.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:53 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
But it took you until the end of the season to witness those flaws? All I'm saying is that you guys need to chill out.
Nope, I saw it in every game they played that I watched--I was only just getting back into hockey, so that's why I followed them for that half a season.

They were prone to being hemmed in their own zone for an eternity, and gave up quick goals given to the opposition. Tyler Sloan being more awful than Campoli(but he was a scratch most of the time). But they had a ridiculous offense and pulled off comebacks rather well to win games. Probably the Sunday game against the Blackhawks in which they won in overtime is probably good example of this ****** defense combined with explosive offense identity they had.

Oh, and they were truly awful on 4-on-4 that season too. Couldn't generate crap offensively when put on 4-on-4 situations.