HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The GDT for the GDT's sake - Coyotes @ Hawks

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2013, 10:29 PM
  #301
troyerlaw
Life is party again
 
troyerlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 4,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
Too fast to see it but you could hear it clearly enough.
I thought it hit the bar in the back top and bounced out. That's what it sounded like from stands.

troyerlaw is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:29 PM
  #302
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!
 
RFIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Crawford was the biggest reason the Hawks:

A) Made the playoffs that year

B) Won game 6 and went to OT in game 7

Fan card, revoked.
DID...THEY...WIN...A...SERIES????

Have they EVER won a series with him in the pipes?

Take off the koolaid shades my friend, the dude is a BUM!

RFIP is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:30 PM
  #303
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!
 
RFIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw View Post
I thought it hit the bar in the back top and bounced out. That's what it sounded like from stands.
Hossa has got that move down though huh? He's crazy good at it and if he hits his spot the goalie has zero chance.

RFIP is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:30 PM
  #304
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post
DID...THEY...WIN...A...SERIES????

Have they EVER won a series with him in the pipes?

Take off the koolaid shades my friend, the dude is a BUM!
Lolz. You're becoming my favourite poster.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:31 PM
  #305
troyerlaw
Life is party again
 
troyerlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 4,617
vCash: 500
What a blessing, as a hockey fan, to get to see a Chicago home game. Beautiful rink, electric experience, esp. anthem.

And Stallberg has WHEELS.

troyerlaw is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:33 PM
  #306
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post
Hossa has got that move down though huh? He's crazy good at it and if he hits his spot the goalie has zero chance.
But has Hossa ever put a team on his back and won a series for them? He's a BUM!

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:34 PM
  #307
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!
 
RFIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Genius. Let's blame Crawford for Campoli's pathetic giveaway.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....call me when he WINS A SERIES GENIUS.

All he has to do is stay awake for 60 minutes, something that simple and he still screws it up!

LOL, I had the misfortune of getting the yotes telecast tonight on the ticket and their idiot announcer kept saying "we need to win this in regulation or OT because you don't want to play the hawks in a shootout with all their skill.."

And I'm laughing my @zz off thinking "buddy, with our dead fish-fopper in net you should be PRAYING for a shootout because that strips away all his defense and makes him make saves..."

And sure enough the dead fish strikes again!
HEY COREY, THEIR GOING TO DEKE YOU AND GO HIGH BLOCKER YOU @#$%^&*!"

RFIP is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:35 PM
  #308
Kaner Coffee
Anna for Hart Trophy
 
Kaner Coffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
Well the Hawks don't dominate every game. TRADE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!1!11!

Kaner Coffee is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:36 PM
  #309
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!
 
RFIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
But has Hossa ever put a team on his back and won a series for them? He's a BUM!
Please, PLEASE don't compare the value of Marian Hossa to that of Corey "catfish" Crawford!

I ask you not to embarrass yourself further by these insane remarks!

RFIP is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:38 PM
  #310
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,947
vCash: 500
i wish we could be so lucky as to have a guy like carey price, who's still regarded as an elite goalie despite laying down turd after turd. let in two questionable goals in about a minute tonight that put the canadiens way behind the eight ball. it happens.

fact is, hawks choose to spend money on their skaters so the onus is on them to win games, if you score 2 goals in 65min while spending less than 4% of your cap usage on the goalie, you can't really complain about losing in ot. especially when you goalie's sv% was over .930 on the game.

back to back and the team struggled to finish all night, hardly worrying from where I'm sitting.

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:41 PM
  #311
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....call me when he WINS A SERIES GENIUS.

All he has to do is stay awake for 60 minutes, something that simple and he still screws it up!

LOL, I had the misfortune of getting the yotes telecast tonight on the ticket and their idiot announcer kept saying "we need to win this in regulation or OT because you don't want to play the hawks in a shootout with all their skill.."

And I'm laughing my @zz off thinking "buddy, with our dead fish-fopper in net you should be PRAYING for a shootout because that strips away all his defense and makes him make saves..."

And sure enough the dead fish strikes again!
HEY COREY, THEIR GOING TO DEKE YOU AND GO HIGH BLOCKER YOU @#$%^&*!"
Except Crawford has some of the best shootout stats in the NHL over his career.
(Of course, now that I pointed that out, you'll just spew out more random garbage or just not respond to it at all).

Because the team hasn't won a series, you blame Crawford? Do you not grasp the concept "team game?" Do you not understand what having a defense can do for a goalie? Do you have localized amnesia for Hawks games from this season, in which Crawford has consistently played great?

Eh, I'm wasting my time talking to this guy..

Chris Hansen is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:43 PM
  #312
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!
 
RFIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
i wish we could be so lucky as to have a guy like carey price, who's still regarded as an elite goalie despite laying down turd after turd. let in two questionable goals in about a minute tonight that put the canadiens way behind the eight ball. it happens.

fact is, hawks choose to spend money on their skaters so the onus is on them to win games, if you score 2 goals in 65min while spending less than 4% of your cap usage on the goalie, you can't really complain about losing in ot. especially when you goalie's sv% was over .930 on the game.

back to back and the team struggled to finish all night, hardly worrying from where I'm sitting.
Problem is, a center ice goal to turnt he tide, just another example of how this guy grabs defeat from the jaws of victory.

I get what your saying about $ spent on the G position, what I'm saying is I find it impossible to think you can win a cup with a guy like this in net. Heck he can't even win a series.

And goals like he gave up tonight are very similar to the type he gave up vs PHX in the playoffs last year, that is to say BACK-BREAKERS.

RFIP is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:44 PM
  #313
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
i wish we could be so lucky as to have a guy like carey price, who's still regarded as an elite goalie despite laying down turd after turd. let in two questionable goals in about a minute tonight that put the canadiens way behind the eight ball. it happens.

fact is, hawks choose to spend money on their skaters so the onus is on them to win games, if you score 2 goals in 65min while spending less than 4% of your cap usage on the goalie, you can't really complain about losing in ot. especially when you goalie's sv% was over .930 on the game.

back to back and the team struggled to finish all night, hardly worrying from where I'm sitting.
How are you sitting?! You should be standing! WITH RAGE IN YOUR HEART!

ALDJLLNBELJVNADLNVAVBA:JVBADHVBAJVKVKJBAV!

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:45 PM
  #314
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!
 
RFIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Except Crawford has some of the best shootout stats in the NHL over his career.
(Of course, now that I pointed that out, you'll just spew out more random garbage or just not respond to it at all).

Because the team hasn't won a series, you blame Crawford? Do you not grasp the concept "team game?" Do you not understand what having a defense can do for a goalie? Do you have localized amnesia for Hawks games from this season, in which Crawford has consistently played great?

Eh, I'm wasting my time talking to this guy..
Spare me his SO stats, I watch EVERY game and if he's deked by anyone with an ounce of talent it's in the net period. How many times is he beaten by the same move over and over?

And as for his SO save %, like tonight AGAIN, the only one that didn't go in had him beat clean but missed the net...yes he's very good at "stopping" shots NOT on goal!

RFIP is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:47 PM
  #315
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post
Spare me his SO stats, I watch EVERY game and if he's deked by anyone with an ounce of talent it's in the net period. How many times is he beaten by the same move over and over?

And as for his SO save %, like tonight AGAIN, the only one that didn't go in had him beat clean but missed the net...yes he's very good at "stopping" shots NOT on goal!
Yes, yes.. everyone's aware that Crawford bit on the same move 3 times. How is that relevant to his career SO performance? Who knows. Not you. Or maybe you do. Probs not though. Then again, you're a genius. Aren't you? Maybe not. Okay.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:49 PM
  #316
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,540
vCash: 500
Admittedly it's tough to argue with someone when they ignore hard evidence and instead state unquantifiable and largely unsupportable doubts as if they are inarguable truths.

Chris Hansen is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:49 PM
  #317
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,947
vCash: 500
why aren't we ripping kruger for his awful turnover that led to second goal followed by doing nothing offensively besides blowing an open net?

oh, that's right, because he's a cheap role player. you have to view craw in a similar light. he's not paid like atop goalie and because of that expecting him to play like one is unrealistic. his stats are amongst the best in the league thus the responsibility less with the defense and offense to do the rest. if you tell me craw will give up 2 goals every game, I'd tell you the hawks should win the vast majority of games.

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:52 PM
  #318
stahl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
why aren't we ripping kruger for his awful turnover that led to second goal followed by doing nothing offensively besides blowing an open net?
I was.

stahl is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:52 PM
  #319
Sevanston
Registered User
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,911
vCash: 500
I didn't watch this game, but I have absolutely no idea how a 3-2 SO loss after the season we've had could be so bad that it warrants some of the reactions I'm seeing in here.

Did Bettman sneak playoff shootouts into this latest CBA or something?

Sevanston is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 10:53 PM
  #320
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,573
vCash: 500
1-1 in GDTs. I just didn't have my heart in this one guys. I'm sorry. I'll take the heat for the loss.

HockeySensible is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.