HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The GDT for the GDT's sake - Coyotes @ Hawks

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2013, 10:29 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
Too fast to see it but you could hear it clearly enough.
I thought it hit the bar in the back top and bounced out. That's what it sounded like from stands.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:29 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Crawford was the biggest reason the Hawks:

A) Made the playoffs that year

B) Won game 6 and went to OT in game 7

Fan card, revoked.
DID...THEY...WIN...A...SERIES????

Have they EVER won a series with him in the pipes?

Take off the koolaid shades my friend, the dude is a BUM!

Old
04-20-2013, 10:30 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw View Post
I thought it hit the bar in the back top and bounced out. That's what it sounded like from stands.
Hossa has got that move down though huh? He's crazy good at it and if he hits his spot the goalie has zero chance.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:30 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post
DID...THEY...WIN...A...SERIES????

Have they EVER won a series with him in the pipes?

Take off the koolaid shades my friend, the dude is a BUM!
Lolz. You're becoming my favourite poster.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:31 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

What a blessing, as a hockey fan, to get to see a Chicago home game. Beautiful rink, electric experience, esp. anthem.

And Stallberg has WHEELS.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:33 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Hossa has got that move down though huh? He's crazy good at it and if he hits his spot the goalie has zero chance.
But has Hossa ever put a team on his back and won a series for them? He's a BUM!

Old
04-20-2013, 10:34 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Genius. Let's blame Crawford for Campoli's pathetic giveaway.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....call me when he WINS A SERIES GENIUS.

All he has to do is stay awake for 60 minutes, something that simple and he still screws it up!

LOL, I had the misfortune of getting the yotes telecast tonight on the ticket and their idiot announcer kept saying "we need to win this in regulation or OT because you don't want to play the hawks in a shootout with all their skill.."

And I'm laughing my @zz off thinking "buddy, with our dead fish-fopper in net you should be PRAYING for a shootout because that strips away all his defense and makes him make saves..."

And sure enough the dead fish strikes again!
HEY COREY, THEIR GOING TO DEKE YOU AND GO HIGH BLOCKER YOU @#$%^&*!"

Old
04-20-2013, 10:35 PM
Kaner Coffee
Anna for Hart Trophy

Well the Hawks don't dominate every game. TRADE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!1!11!

Old
04-20-2013, 10:36 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
But has Hossa ever put a team on his back and won a series for them? He's a BUM!
Please, PLEASE don't compare the value of Marian Hossa to that of Corey "catfish" Crawford!

I ask you not to embarrass yourself further by these insane remarks!

Old
04-20-2013, 10:38 PM
madgoat33

i wish we could be so lucky as to have a guy like carey price, who's still regarded as an elite goalie despite laying down turd after turd. let in two questionable goals in about a minute tonight that put the canadiens way behind the eight ball. it happens.

fact is, hawks choose to spend money on their skaters so the onus is on them to win games, if you score 2 goals in 65min while spending less than 4% of your cap usage on the goalie, you can't really complain about losing in ot. especially when you goalie's sv% was over .930 on the game.

back to back and the team struggled to finish all night, hardly worrying from where I'm sitting.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....call me when he WINS A SERIES GENIUS.

All he has to do is stay awake for 60 minutes, something that simple and he still screws it up!

LOL, I had the misfortune of getting the yotes telecast tonight on the ticket and their idiot announcer kept saying "we need to win this in regulation or OT because you don't want to play the hawks in a shootout with all their skill.."

And I'm laughing my @zz off thinking "buddy, with our dead fish-fopper in net you should be PRAYING for a shootout because that strips away all his defense and makes him make saves..."

And sure enough the dead fish strikes again!
HEY COREY, THEIR GOING TO DEKE YOU AND GO HIGH BLOCKER YOU @#$%^&*!"
Except Crawford has some of the best shootout stats in the NHL over his career.
(Of course, now that I pointed that out, you'll just spew out more random garbage or just not respond to it at all).

Because the team hasn't won a series, you blame Crawford? Do you not grasp the concept "team game?" Do you not understand what having a defense can do for a goalie? Do you have localized amnesia for Hawks games from this season, in which Crawford has consistently played great?

Eh, I'm wasting my time talking to this guy..

Old
04-20-2013, 10:43 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
i wish we could be so lucky as to have a guy like carey price, who's still regarded as an elite goalie despite laying down turd after turd. let in two questionable goals in about a minute tonight that put the canadiens way behind the eight ball. it happens.

fact is, hawks choose to spend money on their skaters so the onus is on them to win games, if you score 2 goals in 65min while spending less than 4% of your cap usage on the goalie, you can't really complain about losing in ot. especially when you goalie's sv% was over .930 on the game.

back to back and the team struggled to finish all night, hardly worrying from where I'm sitting.
Problem is, a center ice goal to turnt he tide, just another example of how this guy grabs defeat from the jaws of victory.

I get what your saying about $ spent on the G position, what I'm saying is I find it impossible to think you can win a cup with a guy like this in net. Heck he can't even win a series.

And goals like he gave up tonight are very similar to the type he gave up vs PHX in the playoffs last year, that is to say BACK-BREAKERS.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:44 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:

How are you sitting?! You should be standing! WITH RAGE IN YOUR HEART!

ALDJLLNBELJVNADLNVAVBA:JVBADHVBAJVKVKJBAV!

Old
04-20-2013, 10:45 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Except Crawford has some of the best shootout stats in the NHL over his career.
(Of course, now that I pointed that out, you'll just spew out more random garbage or just not respond to it at all).

Because the team hasn't won a series, you blame Crawford? Do you not grasp the concept "team game?" Do you not understand what having a defense can do for a goalie? Do you have localized amnesia for Hawks games from this season, in which Crawford has consistently played great?

Eh, I'm wasting my time talking to this guy..
Spare me his SO stats, I watch EVERY game and if he's deked by anyone with an ounce of talent it's in the net period. How many times is he beaten by the same move over and over?

And as for his SO save %, like tonight AGAIN, the only one that didn't go in had him beat clean but missed the net...yes he's very good at "stopping" shots NOT on goal!

Old
04-20-2013, 10:47 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Spare me his SO stats, I watch EVERY game and if he's deked by anyone with an ounce of talent it's in the net period. How many times is he beaten by the same move over and over?

And as for his SO save %, like tonight AGAIN, the only one that didn't go in had him beat clean but missed the net...yes he's very good at "stopping" shots NOT on goal!
Yes, yes.. everyone's aware that Crawford bit on the same move 3 times. How is that relevant to his career SO performance? Who knows. Not you. Or maybe you do. Probs not though. Then again, you're a genius. Aren't you? Maybe not. Okay.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:49 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Admittedly it's tough to argue with someone when they ignore hard evidence and instead state unquantifiable and largely unsupportable doubts as if they are inarguable truths.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:49 PM
madgoat33

why aren't we ripping kruger for his awful turnover that led to second goal followed by doing nothing offensively besides blowing an open net?

oh, that's right, because he's a cheap role player. you have to view craw in a similar light. he's not paid like atop goalie and because of that expecting him to play like one is unrealistic. his stats are amongst the best in the league thus the responsibility less with the defense and offense to do the rest. if you tell me craw will give up 2 goals every game, I'd tell you the hawks should win the vast majority of games.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:52 PM
stahl

Quote:
why aren't we ripping kruger for his awful turnover that led to second goal followed by doing nothing offensively besides blowing an open net?
I was.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:52 PM
Sevanston

I didn't watch this game, but I have absolutely no idea how a 3-2 SO loss after the season we've had could be so bad that it warrants some of the reactions I'm seeing in here.

Did Bettman sneak playoff shootouts into this latest CBA or something?

Old
04-20-2013, 10:53 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

1-1 in GDTs. I just didn't have my heart in this one guys. I'm sorry. I'll take the heat for the loss.

Closed Thread