HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gorges says 'We're soft'... Who is the soffest Hab?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2013, 10:53 PM
  #76
takip
Registered User
 
takip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
If you think you are too intelligent for HFBoards
I'll take the compliment, thanks!

takip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:55 PM
  #77
takip
Registered User
 
takip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Nope, I saw it in every game they played that I watched--I was only just getting back into hockey, so that's why I followed them for that half a season.

They were prone to being hemmed in their own zone for an eternity, and gave up quick goals given to the opposition. Tyler Sloan being more awful than Campoli(but he was a scratch most of the time). But they had a ridiculous offense and pulled off comebacks rather well to win games. Probably the Sunday game against the Blackhawks in which they won in overtime is probably good example of this ****** defense combined with explosive offense identity they had.

Oh, and they were truly awful on 4-on-4 that season too. Couldn't generate crap offensively when put on 4-on-4 situations.
If you only followed for half a season, how can you judge them as a whole?

takip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:57 PM
  #78
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by takip View Post
I'll take the compliment, thanks!
You're still here though.

And from what I see, you're quite good at ignoring the fact that you're simply are cheerleader, that watch the games on the standing board, not the actual game because if you're a real fan, you would not be happy with the way this team is playing the past 10 days.

I suggest that you read my post in the last page and dare you to answer my post... but I know you won't because all you're good at is acting tough then hides when people call you out.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:58 PM
  #79
WakeUpNHL
Registered User
 
WakeUpNHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
If you think you are too intelligent for HFBoards, take your ponpons and get out. We don't need your cheerleading contribution. Here we can actually see the flaws and problems of this team and talk about it. This is not a fanboy board. Its not about rainbows and unicorns and 2nd place.

WakeUpNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:59 PM
  #80
takip
Registered User
 
takip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
You're still here though.

And from what I see, you're quite good at ignoring the fact that you're simply are cheerleader, that watch the games on the standing board, not the actual game because if you're a real fan, you would not be happy with the way this team is playing the past 10 days.

I suggest that you read my post in the last page and dare you to answer my post... but I know you won't.
Actually, I am an English speaking Habs fan who subscribes to RDS so I can watch all the games in BC. I didn't read the rest of your post when I saw that you resorted to name calling. I assumed you had no argument after that.

takip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:59 PM
  #81
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by takip View Post
Ideally, I see a fan base that supports them going into the playoffs.
I have supported them since 1979 but that does not mean they are perfect or immuned from criticism. I will support them when they lose 4 straight but it does not diminish the fact that the team has given up on what got them to this point. The guys played smart hockey all (shortened)season, they skated hard and competed, something every position has given up on from the goalie position out.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:00 PM
  #82
ottawa
go habs go
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,744
vCash: 69
This turned from a thread that had potential for good discussion to a thread about two people fighting like high school girls

ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:00 PM
  #83
yianik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,945
vCash: 500
Two guys to think about. Jared Boll has been talked about , he has a year left in Columbus but he can play real 4th line minutes, hits and fights, and is a capable fighter. Another guy is Reaves on the Blues, where he has a year left to be UFA, average height but hes like 230lbs, plays 7min a game but has like 140 hits, drops them pretty often and wins his share. Only thing is I think Moen and Army are better hockey players and they are really good on the Pk. Guess you can never have everything normally.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:01 PM
  #84
WakeUpNHL
Registered User
 
WakeUpNHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by takip View Post
I'll take the compliment, thanks!
Don`t think it was a compliment.

WakeUpNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:01 PM
  #85
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by takip View Post
Memes say a lot about a person.

listen tough guy .... if you don't like it here ,please go ahead and GTFO. There is a lot of things a dont like in this forum (especially after a loss )...but guess what I dont post in thread that I found stupid.....

and please stop insulting people, (calling them stupids). like I said if you like it don't post.

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:02 PM
  #86
takip
Registered User
 
takip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Here we can actually see the flaws and problems of this team and talk about it. This is not a fanboy board. Its not about rainbows and unicorns and 2nd place.
I still don't understand your argument. I see flaws in the defence, but that's because Diaz has only been back for one game, Drewiske was scratched to put Weber in (who most fans wanted to trade for scraps) and Emelin is injured.

I see a flaw being on D. What's your argument?

takip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:03 PM
  #87
takip
Registered User
 
takip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
This turned from a thread that had potential for good discussion to a thread about two people fighting like high school girls
Or trolling fellow Habs fans.

takip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:03 PM
  #88
takip
Registered User
 
takip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
Don`t think it was a compliment.
I take it as one.

takip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:04 PM
  #89
WakeUpNHL
Registered User
 
WakeUpNHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by takip View Post
Actually, I am an English speaking Habs fan who subscribes to RDS so I can watch all the games in BC. I didn't read the rest of your post when I saw that you resorted to name calling. I assumed you had no argument after that.
That`s funny from a guy who just got a name-calling infraction.

And no, I didn`t just compliment you for being funny.

WakeUpNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:05 PM
  #90
takip
Registered User
 
takip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
listen tough guy .... if you don't like it here ,please go ahead and GTFO. There is a lot of things a dont like in this forum (especially after a loss )...but guess what I dont post in thread that I found stupid.....

and please stop insulting people, (calling them stupids). like I said if you like it don't post.
I would stop insulting people if they stopped insulting player who made up a team I support. Also, I never once tried to act tough. Clearly you are intimidated by Wanderlei Silva.

takip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:05 PM
  #91
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by takip View Post
Actually, I am an English speaking Habs fan who subscribes to RDS so I can watch all the games in BC. I didn't read the rest of your post when I saw that you resorted to name calling. I assumed you had no argument after that.
Of course you didn't.

Anyways, if you consider yourself a real Habs fans, there's no way you should be happy with the way our team is playing in the past 5 games. There are obvious flaws and problems out there. We all support our team here, that's why we are here and talk about it. Ignoring everything just because we are 2nd doesn't make you a bigger fan than us.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:05 PM
  #92
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf
 
RealisticLeaf55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa, On.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
From what I have seen. DD or Moen. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but, does Moen even care these days?

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:06 PM
  #93
takip
Registered User
 
takip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
That`s funny from a guy who just got a name-calling infraction.

And no, I didn`t just compliment you for being funny.
I call it like I see it. Having said that, I still take your post as being a compliment. Thanks!

takip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:07 PM
  #94
takip
Registered User
 
takip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Of course you didn't.

Anyways, if you consider yourself a real Habs fans, there's no way you should be happy with the way our team is playing in the past 5 games. There are obvious flaws and problems out there. We all support our team here, that's why we are here and talk about it. Ignoring everything just because we are 2nd doesn't make you a bigger fan than us.
I actually responded to you.

takip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:10 PM
  #95
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score
 
MoldyCakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 7,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by takip View Post
If you only followed for half a season, how can you judge them as a whole?
How does that discount the empirical evidence that I do have in hand? If I fail to study a child in infancy, does that mean what happens in adolescence cannot be studied and the observations taken are discredited? I am not evaluating the season as a whole, I am doing a component by component analysis of their play and seeing what is going to be carried into the playoffs, with the most valuable information being the one closest to the playoffs.

The sample space is by no means small, and more importantly, is part of the sequence of games closer to the playoffs. If instead, I only watch the first half the season, there is a big break in "developments" I can miss that could carry on into the playoffs. Whereas if I miss the first part, I can still catch a portion of the developmental sequence leading up to the playoffs.

MoldyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:11 PM
  #96
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by takip View Post
I still don't understand your argument. I see flaws in the defence, but that's because Diaz has only been back for one game, Drewiske was scratched to put Weber in (who most fans wanted to trade for scraps) and Emelin is injured.

I see a flaw being on D. What's your argument?
Well this thread is about being "soft". So that could be one of our flaws. We don't play big. We don't finish our hit. I think since Emelin get injured, this team stop hitting. Hitting, forechecking, going to dirty area put the opponent on their heels.

Apparently, the words in the league to beat the Habs is to hit everything and puts traffic in front of Price. That seems to work pretty well lately don't you think?

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:12 PM
  #97
WakeUpNHL
Registered User
 
WakeUpNHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
From what I have seen. DD or Moen. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but, does Moen even care these days?
The old Therrien would of said:
'Seems like the whole team doesn't care, they want to be the SOFFEST team in the league'

WakeUpNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:13 PM
  #98
takip
Registered User
 
takip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
How does that discount the empirical evidence that I do have in hand? If I fail to study a child in infancy, does that mean what happens in adolescence cannot be studied and the observations taken are discredited? I am not evaluating the season as a whole, I am doing a component by component analysis of their play and seeing what is going to be carried into the playoffs, with the most valuable information being the one closest to the playoffs.

The sample space is by no means small, and more importantly, is part of the sequence of games closer to the playoffs. If instead, I only watch the first half the season, there is a big break in "developments" I can miss that could carry on into the playoffs. Whereas if I miss the first part, I can still catch a portion of the developmental sequence leading up to the playoffs.

Shouldn't you evaluate the season as a whole? I mean the Caps have always been in a weak division. Maybe you should have payed attention to which teams they played against for a majority of the season.

takip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:14 PM
  #99
takip
Registered User
 
takip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Well this thread is about being "soft". So that could be one of our flaws. We don't play big. We don't finish our hit. I think since Emelin get injured, this team stop hitting. Hitting, forechecking, going to dirty area put the opponent on their heels.

Apparently, the words in the league to beat the Habs is to hit everything and puts traffic in front of Price. That seems to work pretty well lately don't you think?
I agree. I still think it's the entire D as a whole......no need to single out individuals. Every player has their role on this team.

takip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:17 PM
  #100
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by takip View Post
I agree. I still think it's the entire D as a whole......no need to single out individuals. Every player has their role on this team.
I agree that the idea of single out ONE player is stupid... thats why I called out almost the whole team.

The D-squad definitely needs a change this summer.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.