HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread (part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2013, 09:54 PM
Carey Cost*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Yeah that's true, but his lack of defense isn't exactly helping him regain confidence either. This team really needs to get its **** together especially on the back end (starting with the D)
yeah lets trade the entire team cuz that would be so much better.

NHL.com says Price is no 48 for sv%... thats hardly backup.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:02 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Yeah that's true, but his lack of defense isn't exactly helping him regain confidence either. This team really needs to get its **** together especially on the back end (starting with the D)
I know the defense should take the part of the blame but a very good goalie should be able to make some hard saves.. its not normal that a top goalie allows 5-6 goals in not that many shots.

We all know Carey Price could be a lot better but lately he just seem out of focus and concentration. As soon as he give up an early goal, you know a bunch more is coming. He doesn't seem to be able to fight back after soft goal or early goal, he just collapse.

I think its time for him to get an appointment with the team psychologist, his problem now is inside his head.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:05 PM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
I think he is still very weak mentally. If he allows an early goal, you know his focus is not there and he will be weak for the rest of the game.
Agreed. I have a feeling if Price allows a goal in the first 10 minutes, we are cooked.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:07 PM
Nedved

first, I argued price was a bad deal for his cost. Second, I argued price doesn't make big saves. third, I argued. price hasn't proved anything. fourth, I gave up and decided to just watch him play. Lastly, I am now sad for his play. he has to feel terrible, and is WAY better than he has shown lately, even if he's not top 3.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:25 PM
TennisMenace

Are you guys still madly in love with Carey? Or are you starting to have doubts like some of us already have?

Old
04-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Carey Cost*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
first, I argued price was a bad deal for his cost. Second, I argued price doesn't make big saves. third, I argued. price hasn't proved anything. fourth, I gave up and decided to just watch him play. Lastly, I am now sad for his play. he has to feel terrible, and is WAY better than he has shown lately, even if he's not top 3.
Dude the best thing to do is to not feed the trolls. Obviously to defend Price at this point its because you really want to be different.

The same people defending Price today are the ones who criticize the plyers, the coaches, his pads, Bergevin...

No decent goalie in this era will have so many bad games not even Fleury or Luango. Carey Price is a bad goalie. The worst we had in montreal since... Thibault.

Before this weak he was an avg goalie in my mind at best but now im convinced hes just bad.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:27 PM
Coldplay
Courage

I know fans aren't the measuring stick to all (Lord knows we say the darndest things)...but considering that Price has cashed in on what is, effectively, an elite-level goaltender contract, it's been very concerning watching him play below his capabilities this season.

I still maintain 2010-2011 was the kind of Price this team needs him to be, dually because that's the kind of level he has in him and because now he has a mega-deal he, and Bergevin, need to justify.

Nobody here should be happy with Price's play this season, defense aside. He can be better and we've seen it, so don't tell me he's been just fine because the past shows that he should be so much more than just "fine".

That's all I have to say about Price right now. There are many issues with this team right now, Price one of them, but overall, I feel his performance has been decidedly, and frustratingly, just above-average this season.

2010-2011. More of that Carey. Please. You can do it.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Are you guys still madly in love with Carey? Or are you starting to have doubts like some of us already have?
He's a great goalie in a bad stretch.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Patofqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
He's a great goalie with a bad career.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:49 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Pretty much this, if there's one thing I've learned its that habs fan tend to overreact extremely fast and turn on a player quickly before falling in love with him again once he picks it up. A lot of us are bipolar, I'm just glad there are many other who are defending Price like I am. His second half of the season has been brutal, no doubt about it...but his 2nd half of the season won't define the trajectory of the remainder of his career guys, have faith.

Optimistic habs fan,
cheers

Old
04-20-2013, 10:51 PM
Patofqc

Quote:
Pretty much this, if there's one thing I've learned its that habs fan tend to overreact extremely fast and turn on a player quickly before falling in love with him again once he picks it up. A lot of us are bipolar, I'm just glad there are many other who are defending Price like I am. His second half of the season has been brutal, no doubt about it...but his 2nd half of the season won't define the trajectory of the remainder of his career guys, have faith.

Optimistic habs fan,
cheers
Well he has showed nothing in his career so far, except that he is weak mentaly.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:56 PM
Carey Cost*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
He's a great goalie with a bad career.
Or a bad goalie with a great career

Old
04-20-2013, 10:58 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I know fans aren't the measuring stick to all (Lord knows we say the darndest things)...but considering that Price has cashed in on what is, effectively, an elite-level goaltender contract, it's been very concerning watching him play below his capabilities this season.

I still maintain 2010-2011 was the kind of Price this team needs him to be, dually because that's the kind of level he has in him and because now he has a mega-deal he, and Bergevin, need to justify.

Nobody here should be happy with Price's play this season, defense aside. He can be better and we've seen it, so don't tell me he's been just fine because the past shows that he should be so much more than just "fine".

That's all I have to say about Price right now. There are many issues with this team right now, Price one of them, but overall, I feel his performance has been decidedly, and frustratingly, just above-average this season.

2010-2011. More of that Carey. Please. You can do it.
I don't know if you're saying what I think you are...but I think Price has issues adjusting to the defense so the defense should just adjust to his needs so he can excel...it's sad seeing him let in crappy goals and it'll only hurt his confidence in the end. We have a great goalie in our hands playing real bad, better turn it around before its too late (i.e. Theodore)

Old
04-20-2013, 11:00 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Cost View Post
Or a bad goalie with a great career
Well in this case, I hope he will!

Old
04-20-2013, 11:03 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

vCash: 250
I hate to say it but price is really overrated which when he doesn't achieve our lofty expectations we get disapointed. Lets face it most games he lets in 1 or 2 head scratchers

Old
04-20-2013, 11:05 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
I hate to say it but price is really overrated which when he doesn't achieve our lofty expectations we get disapointed. Lets face it most games he lets in 1 or 2 head scratchers
His GAA for most of the season was near the 2.1 mark and he had let in very few head scratchers up until the last couple weeks. I'll agree with you on the fact that people have too high of expectations from him, most people expect him to have a shutout every game

Old
04-20-2013, 11:08 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
His GAA for most of the season was near the 2.1 mark and he had let in very few head scratchers up until the last couple weeks. I'll agree with you on the fact that people have too high of expectations from him, most people expect him to have a shutout every game
His GAA was very much a function of the play of the team. As I said back then, anyone could have played nets for the habs and got us to where we are. We have been playing really well all the way until we clinched. We needed Price to step up at that point and do his part but he wasn't able to. Let's hope we can get our momentum back in the playoffs and that Price can shake this off and not be a total sieve.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:09 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
I love the guy but I don't think he warranted anything to make 6.5 million either I hope he gets his confidence back or else we might have to start budaj

Old
04-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Carey Cost*

Quote:
Most people expect him to have a shutout in every game?? Oh really...

I never saw some one demanding that from him

Old
04-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Cost View Post
Most people expect him to have a shutout in every game?? Oh really...

I never saw some one demanding that from him
I think it has to do with the fact that Price gets blame for (almost) every goals he allows. I still remember people blamed Price for not stopping Crosby's perfect shot in a game we lost 1-0.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:17 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
I love the guy but I don't think he warranted anything to make 6.5 million either I hope he gets his confidence back or else we might have to start budaj
did you had the same opinion last summer after they give him his contract?

I really had issue because Bergevin made signing Price a priority, while Subban was clearly not.

Is there other fans who was wondering why Price got 6 500 000$ while Subban was low-balled in accepting less than 3 000 000$ ?

Well, i have a reputation of a "Price hater" because i proposed to trade him in many thread in the past few years. My main issue with Price always been the anticipation of his current big contract. I suggested we should trade him before he ask for big $.

If i was Bergevin, i would had tried to sign Price around 4 000 000$ or trade him.

Old
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

I thought trading price + for Gudbranson huberdeau and Markstrom was good And I got torched so what do I know

Old
ottawa*
go habs go

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
His GAA was very much a function of the play of the team. As I said back then, anyone could have played nets for the habs and got us to where we are. We have been playing really well all the way until we clinched. We needed Price to step up at that point and do his part but he wasn't able to. Let's hope we can get our momentum back in the playoffs and that Price can shake this off and not be a total sieve.
I think he played great at the beginning, and the whole team deserves credit for that but I wouldn't go as far as to say any goalie could do that...I mean, we're not exactly the St-Louis Blues or the Sens who play extremely well defensively. I agree with you on the 2nd part though, the team needed Price to step up and he failed to answer the bell.

I still think Price will surprise many people in the playoffs (in a good way) and I hope I'm right for the sake of Price supporters, because this thread will go nuts if he doesn't deliver lol.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:19 PM
Traitor8

Price only had 1 great season in his career so I don't know why people say "he's done it in the past" ...yes just once.

He is an average starter. Nothing more, nothing less.

He is overrated at 6.5 M $

Old
04-20-2013, 11:19 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
I think it has to do with the fact that Price gets blame for (almost) every goals he allows. I still remember people blamed Price for not stopping Crosby's perfect shot in a game we lost 1-0.
Winner. That's what I meant...I admit Price has consistently been beyond brutal the last couple weeks but people usually always him blame for every loss even when he shows up and the offense doesn't, it's ridiculous. This is something I've noticed since early on in his career, he was overhyped and believed to become our next franchise goalie (which I think he will) and people expected nothing but great performances from him every night.

Closed Thread