HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toronto at Ottawa, April 20th

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2013, 10:31 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
There were a couple of pretty skilled players looking on from the press box tonight.
And Hoffman if he ever gets better, has some pretty good skills too.
Oh yes definitely. I'm not saying we don't have any. We have a top 5 pure skilled center in the league and a top 4 player in the league in terms of skill.

I'm saying tonight we didn't have any or we didn't use it properly.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:32 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
Same excuses from the last Leafs game. And the game before that.

Things they need to change...how about actually having a sense of urgency with 2 minutes left to go in the game when you have a powerplay and are down by a pair? The PP looked like they had already lost the game.

Every time the Leafs score you can see the body language of the Sens change, like they know the game is over. Not just this game, but every game over the past couple of seasons.

It's mental, you can see it, and it needs to change radically.

How other people can't see this is beyond me.
Our PP has been awful without Karlsson against every team, not just Toronto.

04-20-2013, 10:35 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Yup....

Old
04-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
I think Cameron is the powerplay coach. Tonight Maclean said that it was too stagnant and predictable. I wonder if Maclean steps in more now to shake it up.
If he's the pp coach then he needs to be replaced. Talk about being predictable. They've been trying the same plays on the pp for weeks on end. I think every team knows the Sens run the pp through the D for a shot on net. Otherwise it goes to whoever plays low on the left side board. Both Turris and Alfie have scored 1 or 2 from there when the pass came from the same side point but those took pinpoint perfect upper corner shots since the goalie was in place covering that side. The D pass has to come from the opposite side to get the goalie moving across his net. Also when is the last time you saw the down low guy try a pass to the other side across the net. They always send the puck back to the D even when he's covered and he often has to swipe it back not to give up a breakaway. Time to change it up guys!!!!!

Old
04-20-2013, 10:50 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown0 View Post
Re-posting this from the GDT.

Next time the Sens play the Leafs (or the Habs), I think that the SBP staff should be instructed to turn away at the door anyone wearing a Leafs (or Habs) jersey. Put a sign up outside the box office and the online ticket store, and claim on the back of the ticket, saying that people who come to the game wearing such a jersey will be denied entry to the building, and wont receive a refund in any way, shape or form. Make them go to Toronto or Montreal if they want to cheer for those teams.

I just got back from the game and had some idiot laffs fan screaming "go leafs go" right behind me the entire game, and it did my ****ing head in. GTFO and go watch games at the ACC, ********.
That is a pretty childish idea/remark. Living in this city for a year now and personally, I find the team is not hyped/pumped up enough so naturally, people don't get that into it. Make the Senators into a big deal via markets/commercials/business and you will see more Sens fans showing up for games against Habs/Leafs.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:55 PM
Slack
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
That is a pretty childish idea/remark. Living in this city for a year now and personally, I find the team is not hyped/pumped up enough so naturally, people don't get that into it. Make the Senators into a big deal via markets/commercials/business and you will see more Sens fans showing up for games against Habs/Leafs.
I think the issue is more that season ticket holders tend to sell off their tickets to rival fans. I've never found that our fanbase was small or underexposed. But to be clear I'm not in favour of that guy's suggestion about refusing people based on jerseys.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:57 PM
sens2k9

Quote:
This is likely the only time i will ever agree with a leaf fan about anything hockey related.

The only pre or post game show we have is on the radio. To top that off, more than half the pregame is devoted to the other team, or the rest of the NHL!

The media in this town is full of fans of other teams, and they could care less. But we, as fans, are far too lenient in this regard!

People can say we're a young franchise or whatever but it begins and ends with the coverage and support for our own team. Stop being nice and inclusive to the away team fans - ANYWHERE in the city!

Old
04-20-2013, 10:57 PM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Props to CanadianHockey for the Archer themed GDT. Awesome work!

As the chances are slim the Leafs line up with the Sens to open the playoffs; I hope you guys the best of luck in the next few days clinching a spot.

There is no doubt in my mind that having a Canadian team win the cup will be a nightmare for the rest of the Canadian fanbases; but ultimately, it would be nice to get more Canadian teams in there. I think we can all agree; that we should be at a point where getting a non-American team a win would not be a horrible thing.

As long as it's not the Habs...

Old
04-20-2013, 11:10 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
Props to CanadianHockey for the Archer themed GDT. Awesome work!

As the chances are slim the Leafs line up with the Sens to open the playoffs; I hope you guys the best of luck in the next few days clinching a spot.

There is no doubt in my mind that having a Canadian team win the cup will be a nightmare for the rest of the Canadian fanbases; but ultimately, it would be nice to get more Canadian teams in there. I think we can all agree; that we should be at a point where getting a non-American team a win would not be a horrible thing.

As long as it's not the Habs...
ABT

Anyone but Toronto.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:13 PM
King Karlsson
Gersei Chongar

Even though tonight sucked, at least we have some positives to take from it.

Here's something to lighten the mood, an eBay Greening rookie card I found while browsing for jerseys:

2011/12 COLON GREENLING COMPLETE ROOKIE QUAD JERSEYS DOMINION 12/25

Colon Greenling

Old
04-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens2k9 View Post
This is likely the only time i will ever agree with a leaf fan about anything hockey related.

The only pre or post game show we have is on the radio. To top that off, more than half the pregame is devoted to the other team, or the rest of the NHL!

The media in this town is full of fans of other teams, and they could care less. But we, as fans, are far too lenient in this regard!

People can say we're a young franchise or whatever but it begins and ends with the coverage and support for our own team. Stop being nice and inclusive to the away team fans - ANYWHERE in the city!
Sens get tons of coverage in Ottawa. They are the only game in town. Who cares if there are Leafs and Habs fans? They probably but tickets to see other Sens games too.

I like living in a civil town where people can do or cheer for whomever we want. We draw 19,500 a game and are top 10 in revenue in the NHL. We are a completely stable franchise. Who can spend to the Cap should we wish to.

Leafs fans at Sens games add Atmosphere anyway. It is louder FOR the Sens in Leafs games as the Sens fans seek to drown out the Leafs fans.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:25 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
What doesn't make sense to me, is the fact that the second line or zibby line is getting less ice time and less pp time than the first and yet they are making more of their time. Put the kid line out there as the first pp and give them gonchar and weir or cowen on the back end.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:28 PM
Hattrick Swayzie*

it's ok Sens fans. We know we have a much better team when both teams are at full health. The Leafs would certainly not make the playoffs in an 82 game season. They play a garbage style.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:29 PM
Epictetus
YNWA

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown0 View Post
Re-posting this from the GDT.

Next time the Sens play the Leafs (or the Habs), I think that the SBP staff should be instructed to turn away at the door anyone wearing a Leafs (or Habs) jersey. Put a sign up outside the box office and the online ticket store, and claim on the back of the ticket, saying that people who come to the game wearing such a jersey will be denied entry to the building, and wont receive a refund in any way, shape or form. Make them go to Toronto or Montreal if they want to cheer for those teams.

I just got back from the game and had some idiot laffs fan screaming "go leafs go" right behind me the entire game, and it did my ****ing head in. GTFO and go watch games at the ACC, ********.
Is this what you are referencing? PKI, a Leaf poster from the Leaf forum, took a picture of it.

Anyway, with regard to your suggestion, I think it's too radical and probably unconstitutional, but I do think your overall sentiment is correct. The home team and its fans should outweigh the opposing team, and not be in a position where they are left uncomfortable during the course of the game.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:30 PM
sens2k9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
What doesn't make sense to me, is the fact that the second line or zibby line is getting less ice time and less pp time than the first and yet they are making more of their time. Put the kid line out there as the first pp and give them gonchar and weir or cowen on the back end.
This line has been extremely well sheltered by the coaching staff.
The last thing I want to see is for them to get thrown into bad matchups and fail, crushing their confidence. At the end of the day, being patient with these kids will pay off in spades for years to come.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:30 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

may the farce be with you.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:34 PM
Countdown0
Painfully Honest

Quote:
No other fan base in the NHL has to deal with what Sens fans do. Our city is filled with 2 fan bases of historically massively successful franchises since before the Senators were reintroduces after decades of not existing.

The issue isn't our fan base. The issue is that more people in Ottawa are either Habs/Leafs fans than Sens fans, and we play those teams 3 times each in OUR building during a full length season, and at everyone it feels like I'm at a ****ing road game.

Basically, Ottawa is the only team in the league that has less than 41 home games in a regular season, because of the Leafs and the Habs.

Its not childish. Its me being pissed off because my teams captain, one of the most respected players in the league, gets booed on home ice by a bunch of classless ass holes. Remember when Alfie got BOOED after he was able to stand on his own 2 feet after Bell blindsided him and gave him a concussion. Thank everything good that it happened in toronto, or I would have blown a fuse.

Toronto fans, go to your own home games and gtfo of SBP, tyvm.

Last edited by Countdown0: 04-21-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Old
04-20-2013, 11:34 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Quote:
The last thing I want to see is for them to get thrown into bad matchups and fail, crushing their confidence. At the end of the day, being patient with these kids will pay off in spades for years to come.
I am not saying make them the first line, I am saying put them on the ice with 15mins a game and give them more of a chance to create offense, rather than put Smith out there with the goons. The only way the Smith line would have worked tonight is with Latendress. 2 of the three kids are responsible enough defensively to be on the ice, and Conacher is not that bad either. Zibanejad has just plain owned the faceoff circle lately, which is something Turris cannot do. Regarding our PP, we need to win FO in the zone in order to control the friggen puck.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:36 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
I question it too... But then Turris sniped a goal vs Washington and so did Michalek... Maybe one was vs Carolina. They have the skills and can snipe. Alfie is still god. Turris is frustrating.. But he still has shown more finish then Silfverberg or Zibanejad.

We get 50 shots and our two beat lines are the kid line and Pageau line. But 1 goal on 50 shots. Michalek is a sniper. Alfie is Alfie. Turris can fall down and lose the puck.... But he can shoot. And Alfie can pass!

My point is you never know when they will score.

Watching Ovechkin live was EMBARASSING.... He did crap... He floated like crazy. But then he got some shots... Especially late. He can get open and shoot. Turris and Michalek don't float. And they are not Ovechkin. But they can shoot, score, get open. It only takes 3 seconds to get open and score.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:36 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

I'd like to know what business owns that row of seats and gave them to Leafs fan. I would like to boycott them.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:
I don't think at this point the coaches are worrying about that. Zibby and Silfverberg are world class players... And Conacher is a flying ball of energy. They just need to start scoring every game. None of them seem at all at a loss for confidence or needed to be sheltered. They just need to take controlling puck possession to the next level of actually scoring more often to get 2 or 3 or 4 minutes a game.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:09 AM
zeddyp

can someone explain to me how the leafs and bruins have "clinched" a playoff spot? winnipeg whos in 9th has a shot at 59 total points still...so how have the leafs and bruins clinched with 57 and 55?

Old
04-21-2013, 12:11 AM
Countdown0
Painfully Honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeddyp View Post
can someone explain to me how the leafs and bruins have "clinched" a playoff spot? winnipeg whos in 9th has a shot at 59 total points still...so how have the leafs and bruins clinched with 57 and 55?
It probably has something to do with who they are playing against, and how because of certain match-ups, there is a limited number of points that other teams chasing those teams can get.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:12 AM
RedWhiteBlackGold
Veteran User

vCash: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeddyp View Post
Winnipeg has 49 points with 3 games remaining. Most they can get is 55 points, which Toronto wins the tiebreaker.

04-21-2013, 12:14 AM
zeddyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
Is this what you are referencing? PKI, a Leaf poster from the Leaf forum, took a picture of it.

Anyway, with regard to your suggestion, I think it's too radical and probably unconstitutional, but I do think your overall sentiment is correct. The home team and its fans should outweigh the opposing team, and not be in a position where they are left uncomfortable during the course of the game.
what SBP needs to do is give out 1-2 free beer (tokens/tickets) to sens jersey wearing fans and maybe then we can be at least half as loud and obnoxious as the leaf fans...but then that poses the problem that were loud and obnoxious like those damn leaf fans lol

Closed Thread