Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MTS Centre-Jets players and coaches facilities

Old
04-20-2013, 11:40 PM
BuffsEnough

vCash: 500
MTS Centre-Jets players and coaches facilities

Hey All, this might be a bit of a hobby thread but...here goes.

I've always been fascinated by NHL arenas and the player locker rooms/players facilities. I've watched lots of youtube videos-teams like buffalo, pittsburgh, vancouver, etc. have all done in depth tours of their locker rooms and facilities, which got me thinking..
Anyone have any info on the Jets player facilities? Any pictures of training rooms, players lounges, etc?

I'm curious where the Jets players park (I'm assuming old eatons centre?) And enter the building.

Anyone know if it's possible to tour the MTS centre during the offseason?

BuffsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:50 PM
wpgsilver

vCash: 50
There was a piece about the improved family lounge at the MTSC. I think it played before a game, so I'm not sure if its available online.
I agree its interesting to see in the bowels of the arenas.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 12:05 AM
BuffsEnough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
There was a piece about the improved family lounge at the MTSC. I think it played before a game, so I'm not sure if its available online.
yea i saw that one, and they showed the players/family lounge which looked really nice. But that was about it. I'd really like to see all the behind the scenes action that goes on there during games.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:09 AM
wpgsilver

vCash: 50
You and me both my friend.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 07:38 AM
King Woodballs

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
I have been through a bunch of downstairs in the mtsc it's all concrete walls

But no where near the jets locker or media facility

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 08:46 AM
bigplay41*

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41*
Jets park in the MTSC I was fortunate to get a parking pass to the MTs Centre for the game vs Tampa

bigplay41* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 12:54 PM
JC Numminen
#goldrush

vCash: 172
There is that 360 tour of the jets locker room on the jets site if you are interested.

JC Numminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Mighty Joe Moon

Where did you park in MTSC? The loading dock? I've been in MTSC as a contractor many times from the Moose days up until now and there isn't really any other parking in the building. There is a parkade across Hargrave from the MTSC where most of TN employees park. It's my understanding that the players park there as well, but I don't know that for sure. (I've heard City Place parkade as well.) If they do, they can enter through TN offices or there is a side entry on Hargrave (looks like a fire exit but it has a card reader next to it) that has a stairwell leading downstairs to security. I've been pretty much all over the building, press box, Jets dressing room, Coach's office, media center, etc and I can tell you they are dead serious about guys like me not taking photos in that building especially about stuff like that Jets players or performers--it can get companies booted out from working in there.

I offer this pic as proof that I've been in there. http://s1019.photobucket.com/user/kz...tml?sort=3&o=0

Mighty Joe Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

I would love to see the Jets coaches and players facilities and how they compare to other NHL rinks.

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 04:39 PM
civic204

I have been on a few tours of the mts centre. The one place that was off limits was the Jets locker room. It takes up most of the lower level on the west side of the building.

It's a no-frills building. There were no surprises other than a small bar/private room near the exchange restaurant and a security room where they have bars to cuff guys to the walls.

civic204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 04:55 PM
allan5oh
Has prospect fever

vCash: 82
There was a good wfp article with pictures and video of their kitchen. Apparently the guys love the game day meals.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:15 AM
BuffsEnough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Joe Moon View Post
Where did you park in MTSC? The loading dock? I've been in MTSC as a contractor many times from the Moose days up until now and there isn't really any other parking in the building. There is a parkade across Hargrave from the MTSC where most of TN employees park. It's my understanding that the players park there as well, but I don't know that for sure. (I've heard City Place parkade as well.) If they do, they can enter through TN offices or there is a side entry on Hargrave (looks like a fire exit but it has a card reader next to it) that has a stairwell leading downstairs to security. I've been pretty much all over the building, press box, Jets dressing room, Coach's office, media center, etc and I can tell you they are dead serious about guys like me not taking photos in that building especially about stuff like that Jets players or performers--it can get companies booted out from working in there.

I offer this pic as proof that I've been in there. http://s1019.photobucket.com/user/kz...tml?sort=3&o=0
Can I ask why this is so? It makes it sound like a covert drug operation or something. Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, and many US teams have all allowed cameras into their players facilities. Even the bombers have!
I understand not while players are there, but during the off season, what's so wrong with that?

Old
04-22-2013, 12:18 AM
BuffsEnough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Joe Moon View Post

Cool pix btw, what's with the "take a dump somewhere else pic?" It looked funny!

Old
04-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Mighty Joe Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffsEnough View Post
Can I ask why this is so? It makes it sound like a covert drug operation or something. Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, and many US teams have all allowed cameras into their players facilities. Even the bombers have!
I understand not while players are there, but during the off season, what's so wrong with that?
That photo policy is for contractors or other visitors. You're there for work, not tourism. They will schedule stuff for legit media, so it's not really covert.

Also, the 'Take a dump somewhere else' photo: There was a poster hanging in the men's room nearest Mark Chipman's office. It was actually directly across the hall from Craig Heisinger (taken during the Moose era) and Scott Brown. I did not use the washroom to take a dump. I could not resist pulling out the camera phone for that one.

Last edited by Mighty Joe Moon: 04-22-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Mighty Joe Moon is offline   Reply With Quote