HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors & Proposals Thread Vol. 15 | Oilers Pick 7th OV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2013, 07:11 PM
  #276
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schultzsquared View Post
the more it is discussed on the trades forum the more i like klefbom for laughton... Flyers fans feel it is fair and they have the c depth to make it happen (giroux schenn couturier)... They need a young ld though

klefbom meanwhile is our one bluechip d prospect sure but he is ld and probably does not begin to touch his potential before three years from now... Laughton could be a 3c next year with potential for much more

this also gives us more options with our pick... We could trade it for help today... Especially on the blueline... Say hemsky + edm 1st for yandle + moss

sign a ufa lw...

Hall-rnh-eberle
clowe-gagner-yakupov
paajarvi-laughton-moss
petrell-ufa-brown
belanger smyth

smid-petry
yandle-j. Schultz
n. Schultz-fistric

dunbyk
ufa
gtfo!

__________________
"The Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it" - dnicks17
The Nuge is online now  
Old
04-20-2013, 07:13 PM
  #277
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,040
vCash: 500
That team looks pretty good if your goal is a top5 pick in 2014.

dnicks17 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 07:20 PM
  #278
SchultzSquared
Registered User
 
SchultzSquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
That team looks pretty good if your goal is a top5 pick in 2014.
And Klefbom helps us avoid that by himself

SchultzSquared is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 07:26 PM
  #279
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
And Klefbom helps us avoid that by himself
sure helps us a lot more than Laughton

The Nuge is online now  
Old
04-20-2013, 07:36 PM
  #280
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
And Klefbom helps us avoid that by himself
I think it was more because Smyth and Belanger were still on the roster and you added Moss, who is nothing more than Petrell. We need bigger upgrades then a few minor changes and Clowe.

Joey Moss is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 07:38 PM
  #281
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,040
vCash: 500
Yandle-J Schultz would be quite the 2nd pairing.

They'd both have to score about 100 points to keep their +/- out of the negatives.

dnicks17 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:03 PM
  #282
SchultzSquared
Registered User
 
SchultzSquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
sure helps us a lot more than Laughton
I am not sure how a ten minute a night third pairing rookie D will help us win games... but okay whatever you say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Yandle-J Schultz would be quite the 2nd pairing.

They'd both have to score about 100 points to keep their +/- out of the negatives.
So in other words they would be like any other pairing the Oilers have iced last six years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
I think it was more because Smyth and Belanger were still on the roster
So Ryan Smyth from the PB is going to submarine this team... interesting theory... and Belanger too even though he would also eat popcorn for 40-60 games a year...

Quote:
and you added Moss, who is nothing more than Petrell. We need bigger upgrades then a few minor changes and Clowe.
A 20 point winger is nothing more than Petrell... okay... so Hemsky is not an upgrade on Petrell? Is that what you are saying?

SchultzSquared is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:13 PM
  #283
17Kurri
Registered User
 
17Kurri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,292
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
gtfo!
He's just kidding...right???

While I won't deny that Laughton could potentially bring us something we need pretty badly on our lineup, which is bottom 6 depth, I think what Klefbom brings, which is a dman with greater potential than anyone, with the possible exception of JSchultz, we have on our current roster or in our system, is even more valuable to us.

17Kurri is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:28 PM
  #284
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
I am not sure how a ten minute a night third pairing rookie D will help us win games... but okay whatever you say...
And throwing a rookie out to play against other team's top lines will?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Kurri View Post
He's just kidding...right???

While I won't deny that Laughton could potentially bring us something we need pretty badly on our lineup, which is bottom 6 depth, I think what Klefbom brings, which is a dman with greater potential than anyone, with the possible exception of JSchultz, we have on our current roster or in our system, is even more valuable to us.
I was hoping, but it appears that's not the case..

The Nuge is online now  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:32 PM
  #285
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher
 
Mowzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lebanon, Alberta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
compliance buyouts are for players that have a salary or 3mil plus so players like eager, belanger and smyth don`t apply
If my memory serves me correct, the 3 mil floor was only for the advanced but outs for Gomez, Redden and anyone else being bough out before the summer. Once the season is over the 3 mil floor evaporates and you can buy out anyone.

Mowzie is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:35 PM
  #286
SchultzSquared
Registered User
 
SchultzSquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
And throwing a rookie out to play against other team's top lines will?
So you are saying they would have an equal impact... interesting... so it's an even trade then???

SchultzSquared is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:36 PM
  #287
stoff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
If my memory serves me correct, the 3 mil floor was only for the advanced but outs for Gomez, Redden and anyone else being bough out before the summer. Once the season is over the 3 mil floor evaporates and you can buy out anyone.
Yes your right. It was only for accelerated buyouts.

stoff is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:38 PM
  #288
SterlingArcher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 456
vCash: 500
It seem more and more like this board values klefbom almost as much as the other big 5. This is fine because guys like ganger,Pajarrvi and maybe Hemsky should be able to bring in some other needs. I would really like to go after some of the RFA players the blues have and just keep offering up one after the other till you snag one. It also seems like lucid could potentially be had for a realistic price and I would love to inquire abut he services.

SterlingArcher is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 08:50 PM
  #289
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
So you are saying they would have an equal impact... interesting... so it's an even trade then???
on one hand, you have a rookie dman, who's shown he can play against men, playing sheltered minutes on the bottom pairing and the other, you have a guy coming straight out of juniors to play our toughest minutes... How is that the same? Especially when we're giving up the better player

The Nuge is online now  
Old
04-20-2013, 09:04 PM
  #290
OilerFan4Life
Registered User
 
OilerFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Heartland of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,645
vCash: 1991
So I was on the Tampa board and they're pretty down on Brewer. Want to give him away for a bag of pucks.

Some poster said we should trade for him a few days ago for the 3rd pairing. His caphit isn't that friendly but he can't possibly be worse than Nick Shultz right?

OilerFan4Life is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 09:12 PM
  #291
doubledown99
Registered User
 
doubledown99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
So I was on the Tampa board and they're pretty down on Brewer. Want to give him away for a bag of pucks.

Some poster said we should trade for him a few days ago for the 3rd pairing. His caphit isn't that friendly but he can't possibly be worse than Nick Shultz right?
Brewer has sucked for several years now. Don't you guys remember how crappy he was when on the Blues?

doubledown99 is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 09:17 PM
  #292
robbiezyg
Registered User
 
robbiezyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,534
vCash: 500
Clowe would be an amazing addition to this team. He is going to want some coin but what he would bring isn't replicated in our top 6 in any way and is exactly what we need. Having a down year this year will also allow us to sign him slightly cheaper. This guy is a beast in the playoffs and is a great player.

robbiezyg is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 09:21 PM
  #293
Mr Sakich
Registered User
 
Mr Sakich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Motel 35
Posts: 8,095
vCash: 500
Brewer has a no trade clause, he is living in a state with no income tax, a young exciting team with zero fan pressure

he isn't going anywhere. There is a reason he signed a 4 year extension to remain in Tampa

Mr Sakich is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 11:47 PM
  #294
Rafters
Registered User
 
Rafters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Medicine Hat
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,002
vCash: 500
Pretty sure the the Oilers have identified
Hall-Ebs-RNH-Yak-Justin-Klefbom as the future core players that would need a huge overpay to pry from this organization
Gagner-MPS-Smid-Petry-Nick-Lander-Harti as the players available for upgrades if the right offer came along

Hemsky -Horc - Belanger as players to be moved

Would not be surprised to see a Hemsky , Nick, 2014 1st deal for a #1 type dman/or top 6 PF

Rafters is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 12:11 AM
  #295
Jamie
Registered User
 
Jamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 500
If MacT was to deal Eberle/Yakupov and Klefbom/2013 1st for one of the top young dmen in the game, would people be pleased with MacT or angry?

I don't know who's available, but I'm talking guy's like Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Del Zotto, Doughty, Bogosian, Carlson, Letang, Subban, OEL, Hedman, McDonaugh and maybe few others I'm forgetting (and maybe a couple that don't belong, depending on who you're talking to).

To me, going balls out on a top young dman is key to the organization turning the corner. Or an older #1 dman would work too, but then I'd be against moving a top asset.

Personally, I'd be willing to overpay to land one of the leagues best young dmen. We've got the assets, use them to acquire what we need most.

Jamie is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 12:13 AM
  #296
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
If MacT was to deal Eberle/Yakupov and Klefbom/2013 1st for one of the top young dmen in the game, would people be pleased with MacT or angry?

I don't know who's available, but I'm talking guy's like Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Del Zotto, Doughty, Bogosian, Carlson, Letang, Subban, OEL, Hedman, McDonaugh and maybe few others I'm forgetting (and maybe a couple that don't belong, depending on who you're talking to).

To me, going balls out on a top young dman is key to the organization turning the corner. Or an older #1 dman would work too, but then I'd be against moving a top asset.

Personally, I'd be willing to overpay to land one of the leagues best young dmen. We've got the assets, use them to acquire what we need most.
And? So both? I'd be angry.

You aren't getting a good portion of those names regardless, but I wouldn't be happy if we have to part with Eberle or Yak.

Paralyzer008 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 12:16 AM
  #297
Oilfan2
Oil the way..
 
Oilfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
Pretty sure the the Oilers have identified
Hall-Ebs-RNH-Yak-Justin-Klefbom as the future core players that would need a huge overpay to pry from this organization
Gagner-MPS-Smid-Petry-Nick-Lander-Harti as the players available for upgrades if the right offer came along

Hemsky -Horc - Belanger as players to be moved

Would not be surprised to see a Hemsky , Nick, 2014 1st deal for a #1 type dman/or top 6 PF
Sounds about right...

Oilfan2 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 12:17 AM
  #298
Jamie
Registered User
 
Jamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
And? So both? I'd be angry.

You aren't getting a good portion of those names regardless, but I wouldn't be happy if we have to part with Eberle or Yak.
So you are to say, that if the Sens really wanted Eberle and were willing to offer Karlsson for Eberle and Klefbom, you'd say no? I for one would welcome that trade and that's nothing against Eberle or Klefbom - it's acquiring someone that fills a major hole and makes us a significantly better team. Preferably we don't have to deal anyone good, but chances are that if we don't, we're not getting anything good back.

Jamie is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 12:32 AM
  #299
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
So you are to say, that if the Sens really wanted Eberle and were willing to offer Karlsson for Eberle and Klefbom, you'd say no? I for one would welcome that trade and that's nothing against Eberle or Klefbom - it's acquiring someone that fills a major hole and makes us a significantly better team. Preferably we don't have to deal anyone good, but chances are that if we don't, we're not getting anything good back.
Kind of stupid to even think about or speculate on, because Ottawa isn't trading Karlsson.

Paralyzer008 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 12:39 AM
  #300
ZugNugget
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,209
vCash: 500
I'd do Eberle and Oilers' 1st in 2014 for OEL. Not that that deal is on the table from Phoenix's side, but if they're not happy with their makeup and Gormley is making the jump next year, maybe...

2014 1st would hopefully be a pick in the 15-20 range.

ZugNugget is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.