HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors & Proposals Thread Vol. 15 | Oilers Pick 7th OV

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2013, 07:11 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schultzsquared View Post
the more it is discussed on the trades forum the more i like klefbom for laughton... Flyers fans feel it is fair and they have the c depth to make it happen (giroux schenn couturier)... They need a young ld though

klefbom meanwhile is our one bluechip d prospect sure but he is ld and probably does not begin to touch his potential before three years from now... Laughton could be a 3c next year with potential for much more

this also gives us more options with our pick... We could trade it for help today... Especially on the blueline... Say hemsky + edm 1st for yandle + moss

sign a ufa lw...

Hall-rnh-eberle
clowe-gagner-yakupov
paajarvi-laughton-moss
petrell-ufa-brown
belanger smyth

smid-petry
yandle-j. Schultz
n. Schultz-fistric

dunbyk
ufa
gtfo!

04-20-2013, 07:13 PM
dnicks17

That team looks pretty good if your goal is a top5 pick in 2014.

Old
04-20-2013, 07:20 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
That team looks pretty good if your goal is a top5 pick in 2014.
And Klefbom helps us avoid that by himself

Old
04-20-2013, 07:26 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
sure helps us a lot more than Laughton

Old
04-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
I think it was more because Smyth and Belanger were still on the roster and you added Moss, who is nothing more than Petrell. We need bigger upgrades then a few minor changes and Clowe.

Old
04-20-2013, 07:38 PM
dnicks17

Yandle-J Schultz would be quite the 2nd pairing.

They'd both have to score about 100 points to keep their +/- out of the negatives.

Old
04-20-2013, 08:03 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
sure helps us a lot more than Laughton
I am not sure how a ten minute a night third pairing rookie D will help us win games... but okay whatever you say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Yandle-J Schultz would be quite the 2nd pairing.

They'd both have to score about 100 points to keep their +/- out of the negatives.
So in other words they would be like any other pairing the Oilers have iced last six years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
I think it was more because Smyth and Belanger were still on the roster
So Ryan Smyth from the PB is going to submarine this team... interesting theory... and Belanger too even though he would also eat popcorn for 40-60 games a year...

Quote:
and you added Moss, who is nothing more than Petrell. We need bigger upgrades then a few minor changes and Clowe.
A 20 point winger is nothing more than Petrell... okay... so Hemsky is not an upgrade on Petrell? Is that what you are saying?

Old
04-20-2013, 08:13 PM
17Kurri

vCash: 833
Quote:
gtfo!
He's just kidding...right???

While I won't deny that Laughton could potentially bring us something we need pretty badly on our lineup, which is bottom 6 depth, I think what Klefbom brings, which is a dman with greater potential than anyone, with the possible exception of JSchultz, we have on our current roster or in our system, is even more valuable to us.

Old
04-20-2013, 08:28 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
I am not sure how a ten minute a night third pairing rookie D will help us win games... but okay whatever you say...
And throwing a rookie out to play against other team's top lines will?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Kurri View Post
He's just kidding...right???

While I won't deny that Laughton could potentially bring us something we need pretty badly on our lineup, which is bottom 6 depth, I think what Klefbom brings, which is a dman with greater potential than anyone, with the possible exception of JSchultz, we have on our current roster or in our system, is even more valuable to us.
I was hoping, but it appears that's not the case..

Old
04-20-2013, 08:32 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
compliance buyouts are for players that have a salary or 3mil plus so players like eager, belanger and smyth don`t apply
If my memory serves me correct, the 3 mil floor was only for the advanced but outs for Gomez, Redden and anyone else being bough out before the summer. Once the season is over the 3 mil floor evaporates and you can buy out anyone.

Old
04-20-2013, 08:35 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
And throwing a rookie out to play against other team's top lines will?
So you are saying they would have an equal impact... interesting... so it's an even trade then???

Old
04-20-2013, 08:36 PM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
If my memory serves me correct, the 3 mil floor was only for the advanced but outs for Gomez, Redden and anyone else being bough out before the summer. Once the season is over the 3 mil floor evaporates and you can buy out anyone.
Yes your right. It was only for accelerated buyouts.

Old
04-20-2013, 08:38 PM
SterlingArcher

It seem more and more like this board values klefbom almost as much as the other big 5. This is fine because guys like ganger,Pajarrvi and maybe Hemsky should be able to bring in some other needs. I would really like to go after some of the RFA players the blues have and just keep offering up one after the other till you snag one. It also seems like lucid could potentially be had for a realistic price and I would love to inquire abut he services.

Old
04-20-2013, 08:50 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
So you are saying they would have an equal impact... interesting... so it's an even trade then???
on one hand, you have a rookie dman, who's shown he can play against men, playing sheltered minutes on the bottom pairing and the other, you have a guy coming straight out of juniors to play our toughest minutes... How is that the same? Especially when we're giving up the better player

Old
04-20-2013, 09:04 PM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
So I was on the Tampa board and they're pretty down on Brewer. Want to give him away for a bag of pucks.

Some poster said we should trade for him a few days ago for the 3rd pairing. His caphit isn't that friendly but he can't possibly be worse than Nick Shultz right?

Old
04-20-2013, 09:12 PM
doubledown99

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
So I was on the Tampa board and they're pretty down on Brewer. Want to give him away for a bag of pucks.

Some poster said we should trade for him a few days ago for the 3rd pairing. His caphit isn't that friendly but he can't possibly be worse than Nick Shultz right?
Brewer has sucked for several years now. Don't you guys remember how crappy he was when on the Blues?

Old
04-20-2013, 09:17 PM
robbiezyg

Clowe would be an amazing addition to this team. He is going to want some coin but what he would bring isn't replicated in our top 6 in any way and is exactly what we need. Having a down year this year will also allow us to sign him slightly cheaper. This guy is a beast in the playoffs and is a great player.

Old
04-20-2013, 09:21 PM
Mr Sakich

Brewer has a no trade clause, he is living in a state with no income tax, a young exciting team with zero fan pressure

he isn't going anywhere. There is a reason he signed a 4 year extension to remain in Tampa

Old
04-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Rafters

Pretty sure the the Oilers have identified
Hall-Ebs-RNH-Yak-Justin-Klefbom as the future core players that would need a huge overpay to pry from this organization
Gagner-MPS-Smid-Petry-Nick-Lander-Harti as the players available for upgrades if the right offer came along

Hemsky -Horc - Belanger as players to be moved

Would not be surprised to see a Hemsky , Nick, 2014 1st deal for a #1 type dman/or top 6 PF

Old
04-21-2013, 12:11 AM
Jamie

If MacT was to deal Eberle/Yakupov and Klefbom/2013 1st for one of the top young dmen in the game, would people be pleased with MacT or angry?

I don't know who's available, but I'm talking guy's like Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Del Zotto, Doughty, Bogosian, Carlson, Letang, Subban, OEL, Hedman, McDonaugh and maybe few others I'm forgetting (and maybe a couple that don't belong, depending on who you're talking to).

To me, going balls out on a top young dman is key to the organization turning the corner. Or an older #1 dman would work too, but then I'd be against moving a top asset.

Personally, I'd be willing to overpay to land one of the leagues best young dmen. We've got the assets, use them to acquire what we need most.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:13 AM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
If MacT was to deal Eberle/Yakupov and Klefbom/2013 1st for one of the top young dmen in the game, would people be pleased with MacT or angry?

I don't know who's available, but I'm talking guy's like Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Del Zotto, Doughty, Bogosian, Carlson, Letang, Subban, OEL, Hedman, McDonaugh and maybe few others I'm forgetting (and maybe a couple that don't belong, depending on who you're talking to).

To me, going balls out on a top young dman is key to the organization turning the corner. Or an older #1 dman would work too, but then I'd be against moving a top asset.

Personally, I'd be willing to overpay to land one of the leagues best young dmen. We've got the assets, use them to acquire what we need most.
And? So both? I'd be angry.

You aren't getting a good portion of those names regardless, but I wouldn't be happy if we have to part with Eberle or Yak.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:16 AM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
Pretty sure the the Oilers have identified
Hall-Ebs-RNH-Yak-Justin-Klefbom as the future core players that would need a huge overpay to pry from this organization
Gagner-MPS-Smid-Petry-Nick-Lander-Harti as the players available for upgrades if the right offer came along

Hemsky -Horc - Belanger as players to be moved

Would not be surprised to see a Hemsky , Nick, 2014 1st deal for a #1 type dman/or top 6 PF
Sounds about right...

Old
04-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
And? So both? I'd be angry.

You aren't getting a good portion of those names regardless, but I wouldn't be happy if we have to part with Eberle or Yak.
So you are to say, that if the Sens really wanted Eberle and were willing to offer Karlsson for Eberle and Klefbom, you'd say no? I for one would welcome that trade and that's nothing against Eberle or Klefbom - it's acquiring someone that fills a major hole and makes us a significantly better team. Preferably we don't have to deal anyone good, but chances are that if we don't, we're not getting anything good back.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
So you are to say, that if the Sens really wanted Eberle and were willing to offer Karlsson for Eberle and Klefbom, you'd say no? I for one would welcome that trade and that's nothing against Eberle or Klefbom - it's acquiring someone that fills a major hole and makes us a significantly better team. Preferably we don't have to deal anyone good, but chances are that if we don't, we're not getting anything good back.
Kind of stupid to even think about or speculate on, because Ottawa isn't trading Karlsson.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:39 AM
ZugNugget

I'd do Eberle and Oilers' 1st in 2014 for OEL. Not that that deal is on the table from Phoenix's side, but if they're not happy with their makeup and Gormley is making the jump next year, maybe...

2014 1st would hopefully be a pick in the 15-20 range.

Closed Thread