HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

760 AM tonight

Closed Thread

Old
12-19-2003, 09:50 PM
JoeKlein

vCash:
760 AM tonight

On 760 AM this evening at about 7:30-8pm, Steve Courtney said:
"Folks, Pavel Datsyuk is the best player in the NHL. Better than Peter Forsberg, better than Joe Sakic, Iginla, Tkachuk, Fedorov, anyone else you can think of. He's simply the best player in the NHL."

What say you all?

Old
12-19-2003, 10:37 PM
Shoalzie

vCash: 500
The only Red Wing that can be considered in the group of "best players in the league" is Lidstrom. I like Datsyuk a lot but I'd put him in with Kovalchuk and Nash right now...exciting young offensive stars. He's got dynamic skills and amazing creativity but he's not the best player in the league...not even close. I think some of the fanboys are getting out of hand with this Datsyuk lovefest. Give him some time to fully establish himself.

Old
12-19-2003, 11:55 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
That's pretty heady company, for one thing. For another though, you're gonna hear a lot of people on these boards raise their voices in loud protest. I can hear them now...

You guys know how I feel, so I think I'll duck out of this one before the flaming arrows start flying...mostly in my direction, I'm sure.

Old
12-20-2003, 12:15 AM
Vyacheslav
That one guy

Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
I really like Pavel, of course, but I don't think you can call him the best player in the NHL at this point. There is a poll on yahoo's NHL page(http://polls.yahoo.com/public/archiv...458/p-sp-2?m=r) about whether or not Pavel Datsyuk is a top three player in the league. It's closer than I though it would be, 47% say yes(3804) and 52% say no(4200). To be honest, I voted no.

But I don't really want people to think he is the best player anyway. All that really matters is that he can get the job done and hopefully not attract too much attention in the process so he isn't having three guys waterski behind him everytime he gets the puck.

Old
12-20-2003, 12:40 AM
kira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyacheslav
I really like Pavel, of course, but I don't think you can call him the best player in the NHL at this point. There is a poll on yahoo's NHL page(http://polls.yahoo.com/public/archiv...458/p-sp-2?m=r) about whether or not Pavel Datsyuk is a top three player in the league. It's closer than I though it would be, 47% say yes(3804) and 52% say no(4200). To be honest, I voted no.

But I don't really want people to think he is the best player anyway. All that really matters is that he can get the job done and hopefully not attract too much attention in the process so he isn't having three guys waterski behind him everytime he gets the puck.

I know what you mean...he's gonna have every head hunter in the league declaring open season on him...with his luck Allen out in Vancouver will make Pasha his next victim and try to break his leg or ******* up his knee or something like that...which we don't need happening.

Old
12-20-2003, 04:58 AM
mqxlt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKlein
"Folks, Pavel Datsyuk is the best player in the NHL. Better than Peter Forsberg, better than Joe Sakic, Iginla, Tkachuk, Fedorov, anyone else you can think of. He's simply the best player in the NHL."

What say you all?
I think that Dats is becoming one of the best players in the NHL, but what I would say without doubt is that Pavel is the best stickhandler in the league,by far!

Old
12-20-2003, 05:58 AM
kira

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqxlt
I think that Dats is becoming one of the best players in the NHL, but what I would say without doubt is that Pavel is the best stickhandler in the league,by far!

Now that I go along with, and the fact that he's probably the most fun player to watch.

Old
12-21-2003, 01:50 PM
Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKlein

What say you all?
I say Steve Courtney is a buffoon.

Old
12-21-2003, 02:02 PM
Mr. Pessimist

Pavel is my favorite Wing but I don't think he is the best player in the league. I still want to see where he is at the end of the season in terms of production.

Old
12-21-2003, 03:33 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pessimist
Pavel is my favorite Wing but I don't think he is the best player in the league. I still want to see where he is at the end of the season in terms of production.
agreed. Since zets came back he's been almost non-existant on the score sheet, and he's not gotten a pt in 2 gms now i believe...

Who needs our vets when we had a guy like dats playing.... arg!

Old
12-29-2003, 08:00 PM
dats-13

datsyuk has more potential than anyone I can think of, but right now with the naslunds,forsbergs,thorntons, hes not the best

Old
12-30-2003, 01:39 PM
Mr_Hockeytown19

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr_Hockeytown19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Agent
I say Steve Courtney is a buffoon.
i say he works with head media buffoon mitch so i agree.

Closed Thread