HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers win 4-1

Old
04-20-2013, 10:32 PM
Soundwave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Those players would get jack all .
Gagner, Hemsky, our 2nd rounders (2013), Paajarvi, Petry would have value on the open market.

If Lucic is available my offer would be Hemsky + MPS + EDM 2nd, if they want more, tough ****.

Draft Monahan, acquire Steve Ott via trade, overpay Mark Streit for a 1-2 year deal, or scoop up Bouweemester from St. Louis. I'd also look at signing McGratton (doing well in Calgary).

Any one of Hall/Eberle/RNH/Yakupov/Schultz/Klefbom in my books are not to be touched period unless you are getting some ridiculous offer, and I mean like a "hey we're trading Malkin" type scenario. You don't blow up a core of promising young players after 40 freaking games together.

Last edited by Soundwave: 04-20-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Soundwave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:56 PM
ohheyhemsky
Regehr DooDoo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Gagner, Hemsky, our 2nd rounders (2013), Paajarvi, Petry would have value on the open market.

If Lucic is available my offer would be Hemsky + MPS + EDM 2nd, if they want more, tough ****.

Draft Monahan, acquire Steve Ott via trade, overpay Mark Streit for a 1-2 year deal, or scoop up Bouweemester from St. Louis. I'd also look at signing McGratton (doing well in Calgary).

Any one of Hall/Eberle/RNH/Yakupov/Schultz/Klefbom in my books are not to be touched period unless you are getting some ridiculous offer, and I mean like a "hey we're trading Malkin" type scenario. You don't blow up a core of promising young players after 40 freaking games together.
Way too much.

ohheyhemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:58 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Lucic bottomed out this year. Bet he's traded for a song in the OS.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:04 PM
ohheyhemsky
Regehr DooDoo

The thing that scares me the most is that our management team now more than ever sees Lucic as the be all end all of players in the league. Chiarelli is going to dangle Lucic over our heads, and we're going to throw whatever stupid kid is in our arsenal to get him.

I hate Kevin Lowe. I'm just going to add this in here.

ohheyhemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:07 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheyhemsky View Post
The thing that scares me the most is that our management team now more than ever sees Lucic as the be all end all of players in the league. Chiarelli is going to dangle Lucic over our heads, and we're going to throw whatever stupid kid is in our arsenal to get him.

I hate Kevin Lowe. I'm just going to add this in here.
Our front office isn't the brightest bulbs in the pack, but I don't think they are open to dealing any of the "fab five". As they said, they know the fans suffered through a lot to get these players. If they went "stupid" to get Lucic it would more likely involve our 1st from this year, which is basically a faceless asset going to Boston in an overpay with Hemsky or Gagner or MPS.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:11 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:

This is horrible. Lucic would be jack**** in the WC and is already in a career downturn.

This guy has 6 ****ing goals this year. Pathetic for his minutes and spots. Torres could be had for nothing and we're given up multiple assets for slightly better player?

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
This is horrible. Lucic would be jack**** in the WC and is already in a career downturn.

This guy has 6 ****ing goals this year. Pathetic for his minutes and spots. Torres could be had for nothing and we're given up multiple assets for slightly better player?
Well, lol I'm just saying it because at least we keep our core pieces and so many people on this board view Lucic as the holy grail solution to the point where they're willing to offer Eberle for him, lol.

To be honest there are two perfectly good power forward options for the Oilers in this year's draft -- Monahan or Nichushkin, one or the other should be available at our pick or we should be able to trade up for one.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
Well, lol I'm just saying it because at least we keep our core pieces and so many people on this board view Lucic as the holy grail solution to the point where they're willing to offer Eberle for him, lol.

To be honest there are two perfectly good power forward options for the Oilers in this year's draft -- Monahan or Nichushkin, one or the other should be available at our pick or we should be able to trade up for one.
I thought you were advocating a trade for Lucic. I sure don't want him and wouldn't trade any of our topsix for Lucic who is vastly overrated on the basis of playing on a much better, deep, club where he doesn't get close marking. Plus he's playing in the no D eastern conference....and has 6 goals lol

Surprised anybody still thinks this is a player we should go after. With a lot of players they get that SC and then its downhill from there. Lucic figures he's a lot better than he is and is a bad season away from being nothing at all.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:29 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Don't think Hemmer/MPS/EDM 2nd is all that bad. How much are we really going to get for Hemsky as a oft injured looming UFA. We have two 2nds, which will be fine to draft one of Jarry or Comrie, which history will tell us, are textbook Oiler 2nd round selections. MPS is coming along, but I'll bet on Lucic regaining form then MPS growing into those pants.

Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:48 PM
17Kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
If he's bottomed out, and they expect him to rebound, they're not trading him.

17Kurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:59 PM
Ser Woof
Useful Idiot

Quote:

A player that hasn't played one NHL game is now part of this "core"?

Ser Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 12:06 AM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

Jeezz..some posters...

Lucic is friggin' 24 years old. Has all the tools the Oilers require in a player and on probably his worst year in the league since he's come into his own, he's still in the top 6 on the Oil in scoring.

Anyone that thinks the Bruins are just going to give him away are dreaming. I wouldn't give one of the top 5/6 but Gagner/Hemsky/1st/PRV, other prospects/picks in some combination should be all available in the right mix. He is exactly what we need in the top 6 right now while we wait to see what the 'kids' are going to turn out like..

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 12:06 AM
CantHaveTkachev
Cant Have McTkachev

vCash: 1722
Quote:
and 29 other teams salivating to get him...despite his pricetag and play as of late

not a chance the Bruins trade him unless its an overpay

remember, this is a league that gives Sheldon Souray and Cam Barker 3rd and 4th chances

CantHaveTkachev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 12:10 AM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

Quote:

??? WTF???

LOL...He's 24 years old..24 friggin' years. On the downturn because he's having a bit of an off year is laughable.

He's exactly what we need..

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 12:42 AM
Tarus
#Craigsnotonit

Hemsky/PvR/2nd would probably be fair value for Lucic, and maybe even a bit of an underpay. But I suspect Boston would demand significantly more, and most definitely get more from other teams around the NHL.

I also suspect he's not available, and the majority of this speculation is on par with the Weber stuff - nothing more than wishful thinking. Every player has a down year, and Boston is about to drop some of their top 6 forwards and can ill afford to lose the unique ability of a player like Lucic.

On a side note, Peter Chirrelli may be a good GM in some aspects, but 6 million a year cap hit for Lucic? Highest paid forward on a Stanley Cup contending team? That is a horrible deal, and the agent for Lucic should be getting a ton of new clients for fleecing the Boston GM on that contract.

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 12:51 AM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilfan2 View Post
??? WTF???

LOL...He's 24 years old..24 friggin' years. On the downturn because he's having a bit of an off year is laughable.

He's exactly what we need..
lol right back. Clowe was this player everybody was salivating about a year ago. Now a complete garbage player replaced by Raffi ****ing Torres who could be had for a middle round pick.

People on this board really overvaluate big players with mediocre skillsets.

All of Lucics success is the result of playing on a stacked and deep bruins club. Remove that and what you get is pretty ordinary. Hell even on one of the best clubs and getting zero coverage he's doing jack****.

6M a season for this player? lol. Turn out to be one of the worst contracts in the league.

Last edited by Replacement: 04-21-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Old
04-21-2013, 12:57 AM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 360
Some very strange comments in here. I wouldn't write off RNH after one bad season or Eberle either. I'm sure Lucic will come around, if not in Boston it would be nice to add some size to the top 6

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 01:17 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
and 29 other teams salivating to get him...despite his pricetag and play as of late

not a chance the Bruins trade him unless its an overpay

remember, this is a league that gives Sheldon Souray and Cam Barker 3rd and 4th chances
For one thing, he's going to be paid $6M next year. Yup, $6M.

Not only that, but Boston has Seguin cashing in $5.75M a year, too. Marchand has a raise coming in. And they have to fill 6 roster spots with around $6M.

Secondly, the cap is going down. So there goes half of those 29 salivating teams. Did I mention he's getting paid $6M/year?

If the Bruins decide he's not in the plans, he's gone. And likely the trade happens unexpectedly.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 01:20 AM
17Kurri

Quote:

Actually, his style of play is likely better suited to the WC, so there is a likelihood that he'd more valuable to teams in the west.

That said, there are no guarantees with any player living up to his reputation after changing teams. But I'd take a shot at him for the right price. What that price is, I'm not so sure based on this year. Prior to this year, I would've parted with a couple of young prospects and and a couple of picks, say 2nd/3rd round.

17Kurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 01:43 AM
Soundwave

Quote:
For one thing, he's going to be paid $6M next year. Yup, $6M.

Not only that, but Boston has Seguin cashing in $5.75M a year, too. Marchand has a raise coming in. And they have to fill 6 roster spots with around $6M.

Secondly, the cap is going down. So there goes half of those 29 salivating teams. Did I mention he's getting paid $6M/year?

If the Bruins decide he's not in the plans, he's gone. And likely the trade happens unexpectedly.
I can see the Oilers making a push for him if available, but not for any of the kids.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:16 AM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

Quote:
lol right back.t Clowe was this player everybody was salivating aboua year ago. Now a complete garbage player replaced by Raffi ****ing Torres who could be had for a middle round pick.

People on this board really overvaluate big players with mediocre skillsets.

All of Lucics success is the result of playing on a stacked and deep bruins club. Remove that and what you get is pretty ordinary. Hell even on one of the best clubs and getting zero coverage he's doing jack****.

6M a season for this player? lol. Turn out to be one of the worst contracts in the league.
You really don't think there's a difference between a 24 year old Lucic and a 30 year old Clowe? After Lucic's contract runs out, he'll still be younger than Clowe was when he "was this player everybody was salivating about"