HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Toronto at Ottawa, April 20th

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 12:15 AM
zeddyp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold View Post
Winnipeg has 49 points with 3 games remaining. Most they can get is 55 points, which Toronto wins the tiebreaker.
....isnt it a 50 game season?

edit: its 48? hah this whole year I've been thinking its 50

Old
04-21-2013, 12:16 AM
RedWhiteBlackGold

vCash: 50
48 game season.

04-21-2013, 12:16 AM
Ed Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeddyp View Post
can someone explain to me how the leafs and bruins have "clinched" a playoff spot? winnipeg whos in 9th has a shot at 59 total points still...so how have the leafs and bruins clinched with 57 and 55?
For the Leafs to miss the playoffs Winnipeg and the other playoff teams currently behind Toronto would all have to pass the Leafs. This is a mathematical impossibility because these teams will be playing each other and you can't have two winners in one game.

Nevermind.

I just realized that TSN hasn't even updated the standings three hours after the game ended. Has anyone else noticed that their game boxscores have been frequently running eight or ten minutes behind real time of late? It was once an OK site.

Last edited by Ed Wood: 04-21-2013 at 12:27 AM. Reason: New info
Old
04-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wood View Post
For the Leafs to miss the playoffs Winnipeg and the other playoff teams currently behind Toronto would all have to pass the Leafs. This is a mathematical impossibility because these teams will be playing each other and you can't have two winners in one game.
It isn't that.

It is that it is impossible for the Jets to get 25 ROW(Regulation/Overtime Wins) before the season is over.

Jets can only have a max of 24 ROW, the Leafs have 25 so if the two teams tie for points the ROW is the FIRST tie breaker. The buds are in.

Was at the game again, was at the last one as well. Definitely going to continue making the trip to Ottawa for years to come!

Old
04-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Leafswillrulesometim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landru View Post
I feel for you man, it really sucks to go to a game and get a loudmouth behind you. It ruins the experience.
I live in Saskatchewan and I went to see a Leafs/Jets game and it was definitely ruined by a classless loudmouth...

Anywho, I think you guys have done AMAZING this year given your injuries, I would certainly go as far to say your team would be better than ours if you guys had a full healthy lineup...

TO the Sens fans hating though, please don't paint us all with the same brush, I can be the first one to say that our team has a lot of classless fans, however we also have a great amount of respecting fans, but making the playoffs for the first time in 9 years is REALLY huge for us

Old
04-21-2013, 12:27 AM
albator71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafswillrulesometim View Post
I live in Saskatchewan and I went to see a Leafs/Jets game and it was definitely ruined by a classless loudmouth...

Anywho, I think you guys have done AMAZING this year given your injuries, I would certainly go as far to say your team would be better than ours if you guys had a full healthy lineup...

TO the Sens fans hating though, please don't paint us all with the same brush, I can be the first one to say that our team has a lot of classless fans, however we also have a great amount of respecting fans, but making the playoffs for the first time in 9 years is REALLY huge for us
I think we are still a better team with our actual line-up you're only 3pts ahead of us.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:30 AM
RedWhiteBlackGold

Quote:
Originally Posted by albator71 View Post
I think we are still a better team with our actual line-up you're only 3pts ahead of us.
Sure haven't played that way against the Leafs this season. That's 8 out of 10 points they took from us.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:31 AM
Wallet Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown0 View Post
No other fan base in the NHL has to deal with what Sens fans do. Our city is filled with 2 fan bases of historically massively successful franchises since before the Senators were reintroduces after decades of not existing.

The issue isn't our fan base. The issue is that more people in Ottawa are either Habs/Leafs fans than Sens fans, and we play those teams 3 times each in OUR building during a full length season, and at everyone it feels like I'm at a ****ing road game.

Basically, Ottawa is the only team in the league that has less than 41 home games in a regular season, because of the Leafs and the Habs.

Its not childish. Its me being pissed off because my teams captain, one of the most respected players in the league, gets booed on home ice by a bunch of classless ass holes. Remember when Alfie got BOOED after he was able to stand on his own 2 feet after Bell blindsided him and gave him a concussion. Thank everything good that it happened in toronto, or I would have blown a fuse.

Toronto fans, go to your own home games and gtfo of SBP, tyvm.
Honestly, I sorta agree.

People were making fun of Sens ownership for wanting to tell ticket holders not to give them to Leafs/Habs fans, but I am getting sick of seeing so many of them in our building.

They should just sell tickets to Leafs/Habs games to people actually in Ottawa. I know lots of Leafs/habs fans already live in Ottawa, but it would at least help prevent out of towners from coming in.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:33 AM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by albator71 View Post
Lupul.... potentially the Leafs best offensive player was out most of the year.

We are missing our two best skaters and players aside from Anderson... but we are. The Leafs beat us this year in several games... and have clinched the playhoffs before us. We could possibly even miss... though it is doubtful. Full credit to the Leafs.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:36 AM
SlapJack
Scum bag Sens

It sucks hard that Ottawa can't beat the Leafs to save their life, but it really boils down to puck luck - they just haven't had any against Toronto. All the posts about who cost the game and who sucks and who should be traded are really, really tiresome. This team has been crippled with injuries, gives their all every game and never quits. But each time they lose it's a never ending cry-fest where I've heard key players should get shipped out for nothing and even the coaching is considered disgraceful. Seriously? No wonder the building is filled with Leaf fans, the ones we got are whining babies that can't handle the slightest dose of adversity.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:41 AM
StefanW
Get well, Bryan

I think it was just one of those games. Every team has another team that they just can't seem to beat, and for us it is the Leafs--especially on a Saturday night on HNIC. I doubt it will matter unless both teams make it through a couple of rounds and face them in the conference final.

The worst part from my perspective is that I despise the Leafs more than any other team in any professional sport. Why couldn't we be jinxed against a team I have no opinion on, like Carolina?

We are down to 7th seed, which may not be a bad thing considering how badly the Habs are playing at the moment. With our luck though Boston will catch them and we'll end up against the other team we seem to be jinxed against.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:12 AM
Ed Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallet Inspector View Post
Honestly, I sorta agree.

People were making fun of Sens ownership for wanting to tell ticket holders not to give them to Leafs/Habs fans, but I am getting sick of seeing so many of them in our building.

They should just sell tickets to Leafs/Habs games to people actually in Ottawa. I know lots of Leafs/habs fans already live in Ottawa, but it would at least help prevent out of towners from coming in.

The hotel industry is going to love this suggestion.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:15 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafswillrulesometim View Post
Lol, with a healthy lineup we insert arguably the best player in the game and a top 10 center.

Yea, we're better with a healthy roster and it's not close.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:29 AM
krapsik

I think only one person to blame is MacLean. At this stage of the season we need to score and win games, not make some statement with goons involved. Sitting Lats is biggest mistake.
Now our PO hope is pretty much depends on Winnipeg, cause (i have a bad feeling)we not going get more than 2 points in remaining games.
Proove me wrong, please.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:33 AM
JaredCowenFan
Welcome King Leon

Meep, Moop. Cha-la-la. Congrats and such blah.

Let's just move on. We will make the playoffs, so let's just worry about getting Karly and Spezzy back and doing damage in the post-season. Go Sens!

Old
04-21-2013, 01:45 AM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Shades of 2004 this game was

It was a most unfortunate loss

Great game by Reimer, full props

Old
04-21-2013, 02:17 AM
Cowen Time

Bishop was bailed out of a few sub-par games by the team putting up some goals. It would be nice to see that happen for Anderson. You can't expect him to win every game with max. 2 goals scored.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:21 AM
Daffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Shades of 2004 this game was

It was a most unfortunate loss

Great game by Reimer, full props
Basically what it boils down to is, for Toronto, playing and beating Ottawa is like their Stanley Cup, whereas Ottawa just takes it like another game. We need to match their intensity. Lats should have been playing. Don't mess with a winning lineup.

Also, sidenote:

I work at SBP, and Leafs fans are so obnoxious. I saw countless drunk buffoons getting tossed. I don't know what it is, but people from Toronto are major lightweights. They can't hold their liquor at all.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:21 AM
cage

Sens deserve a ton of respect for even being in the playoff race after all the injuries, I really hope they clinch a spot because they deserve it.

It's just frustrating that they still can't beat the leafs when the games actually matter.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:57 AM
Wallet Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wood View Post
[/B]

The hotel industry is going to love this suggestion.
Well they can find another way to make money.
I know that's a little arrogant, but this is a private business, Melnyk can run it without concerning himself what hotel owners think.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:32 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
Basically what it boils down to is, for Toronto, playing and beating Ottawa is like their Stanley Cup, whereas Ottawa just takes it like another game. We need to match their intensity. Lats should have been playing. Don't mess with a winning lineup.
Let's be realistic here.

Toronto was feeling the pressure after losing a bunch of games in a row.

We were the right opponent at the right time for them.

Making the playoffs is like their Stanley Cup, and they did it.

I had a bad feeling about last night's game, but it sounds like we still managed to generate chances. (I'm in France, so I missed it)

Leafs seem to finish well against us, so props to them.

More importantly, they always seem to get the better of the special teams. That extra goal or two makes a big difference for a team like our that typically wins by one goal this year.

Until we get our PP sorted out, we're not going anywhere.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:01 AM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

So many panicking, whiny cry-babies in here.

1. Condra isn't the problem.
2. If you don't like Leafs fans in our barn, then get there yourself. Trying to prevent them from coming is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard and you sound moronic for suggesting it.
3. Calm the **** down. We're making the playoffs. Big whoop that we didn't do well against a Leafs team that is playing well this season while we continue to miss two integral pieces to the puzzle.

I'm so sick and tired of seeing all the whining, *****ing and moaning after games like these. There's always got to be a scapegoat with you people. It's honestly mind-boggling how fickle 75% of this board is. Do you guys have the short-term memory of goldfish?!

Chill the **** out.

EDIT: This post is mainly directed at a few individuals who chimed in earlier.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:13 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 87
The Leafs have a pretty good team. They've earned their playoff berth and have as good a chance as anyone to come out of the East.

I hate losing to them.

The East is so tight, I am actually worried that we might fall out of the top 8.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:41 AM
Flamingo

Reimer was so solid, the Leafs got a good deflection for their first, and earned the next 3 on a mortal- or even shaky-looking Anderson. Good game by them.

I know a couple seasons ticket holders that pawn off tickets to these Leafs games. I will not go out of my way to say anything nice to them for the next few days.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:56 AM
Kadri43

The Sens played a really good game yesterday but lacked the quality scoring chances. We have won all year keeping shots to the perimeter.

I will be cheering for the Sens in the playoffs as long as we do not meet you guys. I used to HATE the Sens back in the day during the battle of Ontario. I always found the Sens to be heartless with all the soft Europeans. However, last season was a turning point and the Sens were all heart and class. A lot of people were saying the Sens were going to finish last in the conference yet you guys made the playoffs. Then you guys pushed the Rags to 7 and never gave up. I was actually cheering you guys in the final game. This year has cemented my opinion of the Sens as one of my favourite (if not my second favourite team) teams in the league. With all the injuries the Sens refused to let up and have kept a playoff spot all season. The team is all heart. In my opinion, the team just plays really hard and does not really dive or embellish. The Sens battle every single game.
I really wish you guys luck in the playoffs. If (surely once) the Leafs are out, I will be cheering for you guys.

Closed Thread