HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cheap, Passable Starter to Phoenix (Elliott, Vokoun, or the like)

Old
04-20-2013, 01:06 AM
Kimahri

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Weekes Notice View Post
If you're still into the whole Tall Tampa Bay Castoff thing, I can envision a scenario or two in which Anders Lindback hits the market, particularly if a d-man is coming back (obviously not like a Rundblad or OEL). A little Sean Burke would probably do the guy a world of good.
I think Anders Lindback would be a perfect fit. Big butterfly style who I think Sean Burke can help refine his game and turn into a passable number 1 goalie. I was fully aboard the acquire Ben Bishop train at the deadline for similar reasons.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:34 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Neuvirth would be a good fit. Young, cheap, has actually been a starter for a significant sample.

No idea what Phoenix would want to trade, but the Caps need help at center (2nd or 3rd line) and on the left side of defense.

Defensemen would likely be available too (Schultz, Orlov/Kundratek, Hillen).

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Yeah Elliott seems like the best option for them, he's probably going to be available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
Nope, Halak will most likely be gone.
Uh... no.

How in God's name do you figure "Halak will most likely be gone?"

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:34 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Neuvirth would be a good fit. Young, cheap, has actually been a starter for a significant sample.

No idea what Phoenix would want to trade, but the Caps need help at center (2nd or 3rd line) and on the left side of defense.

Defensemen would likely be available too (Schultz, Orlov/Kundratek, Hillen).
Unfortunately Phoenix needs help up front, too. Most specifically at center. Don't you guys have Backstrom and Ribeiro? Seems to me like you've already got TWO first line centers, where as Phoenix has none.

As far as LHD go, weve got OEL, Yandle, Klesla, Schlemko and Summers. OEL is God and you don't trade your God. It's blasphemous. Yandle is the spearhead of what little offense we have. Can't trade him without getting a bonafied top line scorer or our pathetic offense will get even worse. Schlemko's bang for the buck is too valuable to part with on a cash strapped team. Summers I really love. I think he's a great prospect. Unfortunately he's been passed up by OEL, Schlemko, Stone, Rundblad and maybe even Gormley. He's a pending UFA and will probably sign somewhere with less blueline depth. I think he'd be a kick ass addition to a lot of teams, though.

That leaves Klesla. Excellent shut down D. Physical stay at hope type. Heavy player that can eat a ton of minutes if needed. Shot blocking machine. Top PK ability.

Could Klesla straight across for Neuvirth work? One Czech for another?

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 01:56 PM
diehardbluesfan

So basically, the OP wants to get a starting goalie type caliber player but give up nothing.

Makes perfect sense.

diehardbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 01:58 PM
diehardbluesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Uh... no.

He can't stay healthy and he has more value than Elliott IMO. I'm not saying he's for sure going to be traded, but I would not be surprised one bit if Halak was traded this off-season in a package for a top 6 center.

diehardbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 02:27 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbluesfan View Post
So basically, the OP wants to get a starting goalie type caliber player but give up nothing.

Makes perfect sense.

??? Their last 2 starters Bryzgalov and Smith were picked up without costing the Coyotes any assets...
1 from waivers and the other was a UFA pick up that no one else was interested in. And both ended up helping the Coyotes get into the playoffs. So yes it does make perfect sense... as long as they follow the trend!

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 02:59 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Unfortunately Phoenix needs help up front, too. Most specifically at center. Don't you guys have Backstrom and Ribeiro? Seems to me like you've already got TWO first line centers, where as Phoenix has none.

As far as LHD go, weve got OEL, Yandle, Klesla, Schlemko and Summers. OEL is God and you don't trade your God. It's blasphemous. Yandle is the spearhead of what little offense we have. Can't trade him without getting a bonafied top line scorer or our pathetic offense will get even worse. Schlemko's bang for the buck is too valuable to part with on a cash strapped team. Summers I really love. I think he's a great prospect. Unfortunately he's been passed up by OEL, Schlemko, Stone, Rundblad and maybe even Gormley. He's a pending UFA and will probably sign somewhere with less blueline depth. I think he'd be a kick ass addition to a lot of teams, though.

That leaves Klesla. Excellent shut down D. Physical stay at hope type. Heavy player that can eat a ton of minutes if needed. Shot blocking machine. Top PK ability.

Seems plenty reasonable to me.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Didn't I already post Neuvy for Rusty in this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Neuvirth for Klesla?
Yup, I did.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:00 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

^ alright, if Smith hasn't agreed to an extension by the start of the first round of the entry draft, let's do Rusty for Neuvirth.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbluesfan View Post

Makes perfect sense.
Yes, but he's also not looking for a starting goalie. He's looking for someone who could take advantage of an opportunity - if they were given it. Every team likes guys like this... but they don't always get the chance to show case their stuff... especially if they're the backup (or 3rd string) and have a bad game or two. Where the Yotes have an advantage, is if they suck it up (sorry Yote fans), it's not the end of the world (compared to a team who's expecting to contend).

So they can find these guys (hopefully), give them a decent, yet affordable contract and see what they can do. To date, they've had success with this. I don't see how you can blame a budget team for looking to fill a position, and has a realistic chance to do so. You did notice that he's not asking for Luongo, or offering scraps for Bernier, etc.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 09:46 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Uh... no.

Well he holds the most value out of the goaltenders we have. He also hasn't done nearly anything for this team since joining. He has lost the starting job 2 out of the 3 seasons he has been here, and the only reason he didn't the first year was because our backup was Ty Conklin. And before you bring up last year, if Elliott is going to get the "product of the system" BS then Halak should get it even worse considering he put up worse numbers than Elliott while having that terrible start under Payne.

It's clear Elliott has better tools than Halak, as does Allen. With the selling of our AHL team and Jordan Binnginton coming to play in the AHL, I doubt we send Allen back down the AHL to possibly not even be the starter on the Chicago Wolves. I'm expecting Halak to be package to get an upgrade in goal, and ship Elliott off somewhere. Or depending on how well Elliott and Allen play in the playoffs. I expect to run with Elliott and Allen next season and packaging Halak away for an upgrade on offense.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:40 PM
Halpysback

Another person on board with Rusty for Neuvirth

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:55 PM
Kimahri

I'd do Rusty for Neuvirth. Then re-sign Summers, who I hope they find a way to keep anyway, to offset the loss of Klesla. Sign Greiss, and let the two fight over the number 1 spot. I'd be fine with that if Smith really is looking for too much money.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:13 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Love Rusty, but I'd consider moving him for Neuvirth if we can't resign Smitty at an affordable price. We have the depth with Stone emerging as a Top 4 d-man. I think Neuvirth/Johnson would be okay for a season, at least on paper.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:19 PM
Bergeron47

Quote:
While Backstrom is signed for a million years, Ribeiro is a UFA and likely go to the highest bidder in the offseason.

Bergeron47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:21 PM
Bergeron47

So are the chances of Chad Johnson given the Mike Smith (a nobody backup to competent starter) route slim to nil?

Bergeron47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:28 PM
Kimahri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
So are the chances of Chad Johnson given the Mike Smith (a nobody backup to competent starter) route slim to nil?
While Johnson has performed better than anyone has expected, and quite a few Yotes fans wanting him to take LaBarbera's backup spot, I don't think there is any chance that Maloney wont start next season with atleast 2 goalies higher on the depth chart. Assuming he is givin an extension.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:04 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
If I am GMing Pheonix and I have an owner to answer to, I'd offersheet Bobrovsky (does Pheonix have all their draft choices?).

If no owner, no radical moves. Just sign a FA. Get Turco to coach Montoya and Labarbera.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 08:44 AM
Kaibur

Quote:

It'd be a shame if they just let Summers go, but I can certainly see it happening. I'd love to find a way to carry him as the 7th D next year.

If Smith's demands get too high, I'd be in support of a Klesla for Neuvirth deal.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 09:00 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
If I am GMing Pheonix and I have an owner to answer to, I'd offersheet Bobrovsky (does Pheonix have all their draft choices?).

If no owner, no radical moves. Just sign a FA. Get Turco to coach Montoya and Labarbera.
What? No radical moves? You don't make any sense what so ever.

Jakey53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 09:00 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
It'd be a shame if they just let Summers go, but I can certainly see it happening. I'd love to find a way to carry him as the 7th D next year.

If Smith's demands get too high, I'd be in support of a Klesla for Neuvirth deal.
I'm on board with this.

Jakey53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Vaasa

vCash: 727
What about Thomas Griess? He's a UFA this year, and it's doubtful the Sharks keep him with their log-jam in goal (unless they trade Niemi in the off-season). Stalock is likely the back-up next year to Niemi, and Sateri (if he stays in North America) and Anderson will be handling the AHL. The Sharks felt confident in Griess several years ago when they planned to platoon him with Nittymaki, before Niemi suddenly became available and threw that whole plan out the window. He's never really gotten a chance to prove he can be a starter, but he would likely come very cheap if promised a real opportunity (think league minimum on a 1-year deal maybe).

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Want Crawford? Rather play with 6 Skaters than 5+Crawford

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 10:37 AM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

vCash: 50
Add me to the list who would like a Neuvirth for Klesla deal.

Dr John Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote