HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins interested in Brewer?

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2003, 12:19 PM
Bignasti

vCash: 500
Bruins interested in Brewer?

http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/NHL_SC-RUMOR

Old
12-30-2003, 12:24 PM
PineJockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignasti
More interesting here is their assertion that Lowe is actively trying to deal Salo. Since they provide no evidence of this I can only assume that they are just making stuff up. I seriously doubt that Lowe is looking to shop Salo right now.

Old
12-30-2003, 12:25 PM
t0mf00lery

Some interesting stuff there about Lamoriello, B. Burke, etc....

Old
12-30-2003, 12:27 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

seems to me a major shakeup will happen in the bruins management after this season.

Old
12-30-2003, 01:19 PM
Slats432

I find both things rather interesting, and I read the article earlier...so forgive any errors in my commentary...

If the Bruins are dangling Rolston and Gill, I am pretty sure Brewer wouldn't be the guy. I believe that Rolston is UFA at the end of this season and is making $3.175 million so if that is the payoff then I would rather not.

Mark Stuart is of interest, but do the Oilers really need to get younger?

As for Salo, interesting comments but trying to move Salo would be like trying sell sand in the Sahara. "Hey there, anyone willing to downgrade their goaltending and add $2.5 million in salary?"(Tommy's remainder for this season)"No? Didn't think so."

Old
12-30-2003, 01:37 PM
Mr Sakich

salo is playing much better lately. If he has rebounded from his early season funk, then his trade value is very high. Lets not forget that there is only 2 mill left on his contract for the remainder of the year and then there are club options for the next two years.

At the trade deadline, there will only be 400k left. A club looking to make a long run this year but wanting to avoid any commitments going into the next cba could easiliy pick up Salo as a starter / veteran back-up. He has been a good goalie in this league before and looks to be turning it around now.

How stupid will Toronto look if they finish 1st overall but loose Belfour with 4 games left. They would be going into the playoffs with Trevor Kidd which means 4 and out. Same situation for Colorado or Ott.

Old
12-30-2003, 02:02 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
salo is playing much better lately. If he has rebounded from his early season funk, then his trade value is very high. Lets not forget that there is only 2 mill left on his contract for the remainder of the year and then there are club options for the next two years.

At the trade deadline, there will only be 400k left. A club looking to make a long run this year but wanting to avoid any commitments going into the next cba could easiliy pick up Salo as a starter / veteran back-up. He has been a good goalie in this league before and looks to be turning it around now.

How stupid will Toronto look if they finish 1st overall but loose Belfour with 4 games left. They would be going into the playoffs with Trevor Kidd which means 4 and out. Same situation for Colorado or Ott.
Three games when he doesn't get shelled, hopefully he has turned the corner. But if he does turn the corner then we might as well keep him and try to make a run ourselves for a playoff spot.

Closed Thread