HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Richards Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2013, 09:14 PM
  #151
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
I can't remember the last time (if ever) I've seen someone get three lucky goals for a hat trick. And suddenly everyone loves him?
Don't worry, I don't.

Riverdale is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 09:25 PM
  #152
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 12,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
I can't remember the last time (if ever) I've seen someone get three lucky goals for a hat trick. And suddenly everyone loves him?
Well, I've always liked him. To me, it is more a gut feeling that in no way is his talent gone.
I do get where people come from, as so many games have shown Richards to be just totally different than what we would expect.

My own official stance is that he has not lost his touch, and he is still a very good hockey player. Let's see how it goes.

trilobyte is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 09:31 PM
  #153
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,298
vCash: 400
Trilo, the poor guy gets out-muscled by Ribeiro and falls on every face-off. He's just very weak and fragile. Physically and mentally. 4 fluke goals in 2 games doesn't change anything.

5 4 Fighting is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 09:36 PM
  #154
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 12,543
vCash: 500
I know, Brad has not had a great season, but still, I have hopes he will play a key role in the Rangers getting to the playoffs, and from there on.

trilobyte is offline  
Old
04-20-2013, 11:56 PM
  #155
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,502
vCash: 500
If everyone **** on every player when they're not meeting expectation, then it would not make for a classy fan base. 4G1A in two games and instrumental in game against PIT, CAR.

Cresto is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 12:06 AM
  #156
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Albany County
Country: Papua New Guinea
Posts: 3,645
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
If everyone **** on every player when they're not meeting expectation, then it would not make for a classy fan base. 4G1A in two games and instrumental in game against PIT, CAR.
If Brad Richards played like he should have been playing for the entire season, these last two games might not have been so 'instrumental'.

Krams is online now  
Old
04-21-2013, 12:10 AM
  #157
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,860
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Yeah and when Gaborik got rid of Torts he became a new player in Columbus.

Great logic, amirite?
Based on his scoring all of his points in spurts? Sounds like the same old Gabby. Just as inconsistent as he was here.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is online now  
Old
04-21-2013, 12:11 AM
  #158
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFW View Post
If Brad Richards played like he should have been playing for the entire season, these last two games might not have been so 'instrumental'.
Well we're just gonna have to get over it and look towards the future hoping his play of late is a sign of good things to come

JohnC is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 12:12 AM
  #159
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Albany County
Country: Papua New Guinea
Posts: 3,645
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
Well we're just gonna have to get over it and look towards the future hoping his play of late is a sign of good things to come
Meh. Dude could put up 65+ points next year and you still couldn't justify not buying him out in the off-season of 2013-14.

Krams is online now  
Old
04-21-2013, 12:24 AM
  #160
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFW View Post
Meh. Dude could put up 65+ points next year and you still couldn't justify not buying him out in the off-season of 2013-14.
Never said we shouldn't. I've been vocal about that being the plan before.

I'm talking more short term, these upcoming playoffs

JohnC is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 03:01 AM
  #161
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,298
vCash: 400
Dude can score 75 points next year and he's still gone. Off to Prince Edward Island you go Richie, go catch some lobsters with those choppers. Sather will give you a call if one of his horses ends up missing a tooth for a replacement. Oh and Brad! Try not to fall down in the airport terminal on the way home. Take it easy now!

I really do hope he lights it up for the playoffs to earn an extra year, but I wouldn't be too concerned with it if he leaves. Gives us Stepan,Brassard,Miller,Boyle and potentially Lindberg as our cheaper,younger options.

5 4 Fighting is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 08:53 AM
  #162
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Dude can score 75 points next year and he's still gone. Off to Prince Edward Island you go Richie, go catch some lobsters with those choppers. Sather will give you a call if one of his horses ends up missing a tooth for a replacement. Oh and Brad! Try not to fall down in the airport terminal on the way home. Take it easy now!
I really do hope he lights it up for the playoffs to earn an extra year, but I wouldn't be too concerned with it if he leaves. Gives us Stepan,Brassard,Miller,Boyle and potentially Lindberg as our cheaper,younger options.
He only gets bought out this off season if we can find a #2 center to replace him and move Steps to the #1c. After next year is a diff story

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 12:06 PM
  #163
NYSportsfan87
Thank You Eli
 
NYSportsfan87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,863
vCash: 500
I apologize if it's been posted, but does anyone have a link to Brads' hat trick with Sam and Joe commentating? I can't seem to find it anywhere

NYSportsfan87 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 12:33 PM
  #164
Miz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan87 View Post
I apologize if it's been posted, but does anyone have a link to Brads' hat trick with Sam and Joe commentating? I can't seem to find it anywhere
http://video.rangers.nhl.com/videocenter/

then just search for the vids ur looking for

Miz is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 01:03 PM
  #165
NYSportsfan87
Thank You Eli
 
NYSportsfan87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz View Post
http://video.rangers.nhl.com/videocenter/

then just search for the vids ur looking for
Thanks!

NYSportsfan87 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 03:40 PM
  #166
zuckera1
#35
 
zuckera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Richie might be back! Has been great in the defensive zone so far in this game, skating well, and made a great play on Pyatt's goal...keeping the puck in and making a great pass.

It's about time. With him playing like his usual self, we're a tough out in the playoffs

zuckera1 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 03:55 PM
  #167
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckera1 View Post
Richie might be back! Has been great in the defensive zone so far in this game, skating well, and made a great play on Pyatt's goal...keeping the puck in and making a great pass.

It's about time. With him playing like his usual self, we're a tough out in the playoffs
He needs to be back for this team to go anywhere. I dont know why anyone would root for anything otherwise.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 04:41 PM
  #168
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,353
vCash: 500
well welcome to the 2013 season Brad Richards, nice of you to join us

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 05:10 PM
  #169
MTrangers
Registered User
 
MTrangers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
Between Richie finding his stride and Staal coming back very soon hopefully, I can see us being the Kings of this year. Hope I'm right.

Richie is becoming the best 3C in the league But really his legs are there and he seems to be making confident plays.

MTrangers is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 05:25 PM
  #170
TUQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTrangers View Post
Between Richie finding his stride and Staal coming back very soon hopefully, I can see us being the Kings of this year. Hope I'm right.

Richie is becoming the best 3C in the league But really his legs are there and he seems to be making confident plays.
Actualy, his legs are not there, but he is making the plasy dispite that. Hopefully he keeps it up but I am a little worried since none of out first two centers can skate

TUQ is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 06:11 PM
  #171
schabadoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTrangers View Post
Between Richie finding his stride and Staal coming back very soon hopefully, I can see us being the Kings of this year. Hope I'm right.
Swap Dorsett for Krieder and the 4th line will be looking feisty.

schabadoo is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 06:19 PM
  #172
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schabadoo View Post
Swap Dorsett for Krieder and the 4th line will be looking feisty.
will boyle be back? powe- boyle- Dorsett is a good 4th line

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 07:03 PM
  #173
NYRKING30
Registered User
 
NYRKING30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 500
Still not sold on him yet.

NYRKING30 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 01:13 AM
  #174
vstk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: White Plains, NY
Country: Finland
Posts: 617
vCash: 500
7 points in the last 3 games. Makes me hopeful of him finding whatever he lost when it's the right time for it. More worried about Nash being inconsistent at the moment than Richards being insufficient and invisible.

vstk is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 01:25 AM
  #175
azaloum90
Registered User
 
azaloum90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The coop!
Posts: 2,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstk View Post
7 points in the last 3 games. Makes me hopeful of him finding whatever he lost when it's the right time for it. More worried about Nash being inconsistent at the moment than Richards being insufficient and invisible.
I'm really not that worried about Nash... It's not just about the stats. Nash is a physical force in himself, and he's especially good at creating room on the ice for himself and other players.

Nash Richards Zucc would make an effective PP unit, imo

azaloum90 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.