Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Antro in for Jokinen?

Old
04-20-2013, 08:37 AM
Zhamnov10

vCash: 500
Antro in for Jokinen?

If we lose a game and Antro is healthy I would really consider taking Jokinen out and putting Antropov in.Jokinen has done nothing but hold that 2nd line back they don't even want to put them on the ice because Jokinen is such a defensive liability.I don't think Antro is much of an upgrade but at least he plays solid d and can make some plays and has some chemistry with Wellwood.jokinen looks like he's handling a grenade out there I feel bad for him actually I just think the game has passed him by!But they won't do that because some how the coaching staff feels Jokinen needs to be on the PP it is quite embarrassing at this point and really makes me lose any trust I had in our coaching staff.

Zhamnov10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
It's a lose lose situation

Pavelec4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:52 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Antro has made Kane better all year too. Moving him back to the 2nd line makes sense everywhere outside #Noelogic

Joker has lost a step, but he should still be able to do some damage on the 4th line.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Whileee

I would rather take out Wellwood than Jokinen at this point, and that's saying something.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 09:34 AM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Antro has made Kane better all year too. Moving him back to the 2nd line makes sense everywhere outside #Noelogic

Joker has lost a step, but he should still be able to do some damage on the 4th line.
Agree. Antropov is our best option right now to center Kane, in my opinion.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff
Guerzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Agree. Antropov is our best option right now to center Kane, in my opinion.
I agree. Kane/Antro/Burmi line, imo, has been our best 2nd line.

Moving Joker to play with Tangradi and Santorelli, likely messes up that 3rd line, but we may have 2 decent scoring lines if they reunite Kane with Antro and Burmi.

Bob E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Hansen Brother

I actually thought our team was the most balanced when we had Kane-Burmi-Antro as the second line and Joker centering the third line.

I really prefer Burmi in the center and Antropov on the right wing. They have both stated those are their preferred positions and to be honest I thought Burmi's season really took a turn for the worse when he was put on the right wing.

Hansen Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Zhamnov10

I agree burmi has to play centre or not at all,just looking through jets +/- and no one is even close to Ollie's -18 actually only two other forwards with a minus at all.

Zhamnov10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:11 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen Brother View Post
I actually thought our team was the most balanced when we had Kane-Burmi-Antro as the second line and Joker centering the third line.

I really prefer Burmi in the center and Antropov on the right wing. They have both stated those are their preferred positions and to be honest I thought Burmi's season really took a turn for the worse when he was put on the right wing.
I agree.

Plus Burmi is better than Antro on the dot. Plus it is in the team's long term best interest to develop Burmi at centre.

Old
04-20-2013, 12:41 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Antro in for Joker!, Slater in for Jokinen, Peluso in for Jokinen

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 10:53 PM
jiho

The medical staff should tell Jokinen he has a career ending injury and list the injury status as year to year.

jiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 11:03 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

Saw antro closing down Earls last night...he looked fine...was going to take one for the team and push him down on the icy sidewalk but he's pretty big in real life.

peter sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:40 AM
CTS

Tell you the truth I kinda forgot Antro was on the team till this thread. lol

CTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:47 AM
bazaaa*

Couldn't we call up O'Dell?
Wouldn't that make the most sense?

bazaaa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 12:39 PM
sipowicz
The Original

No word on Jokinen's injury in the papers, guess even Winnipeg's print media couldn't care less why he is out.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Jet
Confirmed Pav Basher

Anyone who doesn't think Antropov would have been a huge help against the Islanders last night? You have to be able to analyze a players abilities and strengths other than 'he's fast' or 'he scores a tonne of goals'.

Antropov's size and defensive responsibility may have saved us a goal yesterday and potentially the point that will end up knocking us out of the playoff race.

04-21-2013, 12:46 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

*missing the last 2 games info*

Kane with:
Jokinen - 9 pts in 434 mins, negative +/- (GF% 35.9), Jets GF/20min 0.654
Burmistrov - 7 pts in 191mins, postive +/- (GF% 81.8), Jets GF/20min 0.942
Antropov - 9 pts (8G!!) in 177mins, positive +/- (GF% 84.6), Jets GF/20 1.242

"One of these things is not like the others...
One of these things just doesn't belong...
Can you tell me which one is not like the others by the time I finish this song..."

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 12:49 PM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
Anyone who doesn't think Antropov would have been a huge help against the Islanders last night? You have to be able to analyze a players abilities and strengths other than 'he's fast' or 'he scores a tonne of goals'.

Antropov's size and defensive responsibility may have saved us a goal yesterday and potentially the point that will end up knocking us out of the playoff race.
Have to agree, Antro's physical play brings a lot to the team, when he is involved the other teams shy away from the centre of the ice when he's out there. Jets seemed to lack the physical play to a certain extent yesterday which would have stopped the Islanders from free wheeling through our zone.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:49 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazaaa View Post
Couldn't we call up O'Dell?
Wouldn't that make the most sense?
I think so.

He has more than earned a look IMO. Not to mention he is up for a new deal and I believe he is waiver eligible next year. I am surprised they haven't tried to give him at least a look already.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:44 PM
bazaaa*

Quote:
I think so.

He has more than earned a look IMO. Not to mention he is up for a new deal and I believe he is waiver eligible next year. I am surprised they haven't tried to give him at least a look already.
Unless I'm missing something, I just don't get it. Over a full season he would be top3 in the AHL in points and goals. With the lack of scoring from our third line, I don't see why they wouldn't atleast give it a shot.

bazaaa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 01:57 PM
surixon

Quote:
I think so.

Well to be fair he didn't really breakout until the 2nd half of the year so I can understand the organization wanting to see more before bringing him up. Having said that I think its becoming pretty clear that the org/Noel doesn't like integrating young players down the final stretch of the season. That was the reason why Postma wasn't called up late last year and probably why O'Dell hasn't seen time lately.

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:42 PM
JustBeCool
boom shakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post

He would have just slowed everyone down Actually that wouldn't have been bad to slow down the pace of the game looking back at it.

I assume Antro comes back in now that Jokinen is injured. Now would wellwood swap with burmi making it back to the old kane-antro-burmi line or will it just be kane-antro-welly? Hmmmmmm... I think the latter will be the case. Hopefully this helps Kane going again.

JustBeCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:46 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Well to be fair he didn't really breakout until the 2nd half of the year so I can understand the organization wanting to see more before bringing him up. Having said that I think its becoming pretty clear that the org/Noel doesn't like integrating young players down the final stretch of the season. That was the reason why Postma wasn't called up late last year and probably why O'Dell hasn't seen time lately.
Mhmm
I remember them saying last season they were planning on bringing up Postma because of how well he was doing but wanted to wait until they were mathematically eliminated, but when that happened it was really late in the season and IceCaps were on a run themselves.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsBeCool View Post
He would have just slowed everyone down Actually that wouldn't have been bad to slow down the pace of the game looking back at it.

I assume Antro comes back in now that Jokinen is injured. Now would wellwood swap with burmi making it back to the old kane-antro-burmi line or will it just be kane-antro-welly? Hmmmmmm... I think the latter will be the case. Hopefully this helps Kane going again.
Antropov wasn't sitting, he is injured. If he was healthy he would have been in. Just because Jokinen is injured it does not effect when Antropov will be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
I think it's pretty clear they don't like trying young guys at any time. Kulda has been here for over a month and has not even gotten one game O'Dell has been solid in AHL all year with legitimate NHL upside. No we get the great AHL talent of Meech and Gagnon...

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Oh brother, the 'Noel doesn't like young players' thing again. Get over your fascination with young men already! Do you really think if Antropov was healthy, O'Dell should take his spot? Over a 40pt'ish NHL veteran, in 3 must-win games? You want to see O'Dell right now, download a picture and put it up as your wallpaper.

Turbofan is online now   Reply With Quote