*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2013 Off-Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 02:01 AM
Percyma

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
But for Windsor to hit 2 homeruns on 2 import picks is also tough. They usually need a year to acclimate and adding a ton of hope and pressure to new euro's isn't always good. London took their time with Maatta who had growing pains going number one......Zadorov too took half a season to become established and lots of work with english tutors.
Thank you for the very nice update on your London players. Andrei Loktionov and Alexander Khokhlachev are two prime examples of import players who contrinuted from day one of their arrivals in Windsor. Loktionov, coincidentally, could speak very little English when he joined the Spitfires and wasn't exactly fluent in the language by the time he graduated from the team too.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:14 AM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percyma View Post
Thank you for the very nice update on your London players. Andrei Loktionov and Alexander Khokhlachev are two prime examples of import players who contrinuted from day one of their arrivals in Windsor. Loktionov, coincidentally, could speak very little English when he joined the Spitfires and wasn't exactly fluent in the language by the time he graduated from the team too.
Khokhlachev and Loktionov may be the exception, rather than the rule. Look at Ionin and Bezruch - neither one did anything for us at the start, or at their finish. Every player is different.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:34 AM
Percyma

I agree that all players are different. However, when Simon spoke of Maata and Zadorov needing more time to adjust to the OHL, I suggest that is/was because they were younger players.

It is much easier to hit home runs in the import draft when teams drafted older, more established players. These are the types who can come in and contribute from their outset in their new league on a new continent. Former Spits import selections like Vladimir Kretchine, Timo Helbing, Marek Biro and Tom Kuhnhackl all fall into this category while a player like Michal Jordan was younger, like both Maata and Zadorov.

If the Spitfires are looking for immediate help it is much easier to draft 18 and 19-year-old players and home runs in the import draft are not as hard to come by. Then again, a younger player like the Sault’s Sergei Tolchinsky is an example of a younger import player who has made an impact right away. But he is a very special player.

Last edited by Percyma: 04-21-2013 at 06:30 AM.
Old
04-21-2013, 10:17 AM
sbrug

Quote:
But for Windsor to hit 2 homeruns on 2 import picks is also tough. They usually need a year to acclimate and adding a ton of hope and pressure to new euro's isn't always good. London took their time with Maatta who had growing pains going number one......Zadorov too took half a season to become established and lots of work with english tutors.
Hey Simon Knightsman, I doubt anyone on this thread cares about what's going on with London. You really embarrass the London fans going into other teams' threads posting about your own. Have a nice day.

Old
04-21-2013, 11:06 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
1st year imports with Windsor since Rychel took over

Michal Jordan lasted only 22 games dealt to Plymouth in deal for Neuvirth lasted 2+ years with Plymouth 4th rounder.

Loktionov 18yr 24g 42a in 51 games, 11g 22a in 20 playoff games
Panik 18yr 9g 9a 33 games, traded to Belleville at deadline for Grubauer. Panik in Belleville and Guelph averaged a ppg in his career

Khokhlachev and Kuhnhackl both tore it up in their 1st OHL season both averaged a PPG in their rookie year and were the 2 biggest reasons they made the western finals. You're making yourself look very foolish right now.

Old
04-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Ottomatic

Regarding Ionin - Rychel had himself convinced that he was getting Tolchinsky and was completely unprepared when he was taken by the Soo the pick before us. The way it worked in the past we should have had him as he was calling his shot to come here, but Dubas caled his bluff and it paid off for the Soo. With the import draft you have cooked deals, so when Tolchinsky went off the board, it's not like WR could just take the next most talented guy - as they all had arraigned deals behind us as well, so he really had no choice but to go completely off the board on a kid who didn't have any cooked deal. Tolchinsky reporting to the Soo actually burned the Spits - because when he agreed to come here, Spits stop looking and making Plan B fall back options.

Old
04-21-2013, 11:43 AM
aresknights

Rychel will learn from that ID figure. Gotta have a plan B and C.

Good points Razor, I wanted to respond to Simon but....
MAtta and Zad both had good starts as well for rookies. Better than most Canadian picks at that age. Age doesnt matter, if a kid gots skill and the right mindset theyll be fine and contribute

Old
04-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Ottomatic

Plan B and C is hard to do in the import draft - because which player will agree to be your plan B or C?

The draft isn't really a draft. It more like free agency where you only get one player, so you convince the best player you can to commit to only your team. Dubas called Tolchinsky's bluff because he couldn't get a cooked deal commitment with a good enough player so took the best OHL committed player at his pick.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:07 PM
aresknights

It amy not be as easy with the euro draft, but you still need a back up plan.

Dubas took a risk and it paid off.

According to most info (a few very reliable ones) the Knights had their sights set on Dansk. Erie grabbed him, MArk then took Zadarov. And it didnt seem pre planned as they took their time when it was thire pick.

Rychel just needs assurances from a few high end imports that theyll come over. Just gotta do the leg work to minimize risk. But Ill agree its always there.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:52 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
Hey Simon Knightsman, I doubt anyone on this thread cares about what's going on with London. You really embarrass the London fans going into other teams' threads posting about your own. Have a nice day.
To me, this is just as hard to read. If you guys don't like others posting in the Windsor thread, don't read it. I feel like we're back in grade school... "you stay on your side, we'll stay on our side!" Who cares??

As for the draft, I agree that you need to have Plan B, at least. While the draft, for the most part, is pre-arranged, that doesn't mean everything will fall perfectly into place (see: 2012).

Old
04-21-2013, 04:51 PM
punch1943

Breaks my Heart...

Plymouth has just beaten London in London in the 2nd OT period..series tied 1-1.
Sorta breaks my heart....right...

Old
04-21-2013, 05:01 PM
OHLTG

This might be the only time I ever cheer for Plymouth

Old
04-21-2013, 05:36 PM
B4IFURU18
Leafs fan in MTL

Congratulations to Mark Cundari! Playing in his first NHL game with the Flames this afternoon already scored a goal. I believe he is the 13th player to play an NHL game from the 2 memorial cup teams.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Hawks3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
I was at the game Wilson got 3 goals and was first star both goalies were amazing and should have both been 1st and 2nd stars. Nedejikovic, Stolarz were the reason it went to 2 overtimes, they gave Max Domi, who is picking it Tie? Nedejikovic got 2nd. also Plymouth had the Windsor fever with 2 Too many men penalties.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:23 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
To me, this is just as hard to read. If you guys don't like others posting in the Windsor thread, don't read it. I feel like we're back in grade school... "you stay on your side, we'll stay on our side!" Who cares??

As for the draft, I agree that you need to have Plan B, at least. While the draft, for the most part, is pre-arranged, that doesn't mean everything will fall perfectly into place (see: 2012).
Simon is flat out trolling but of course you stick up for him.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:36 PM
Percyma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Regarding Ionin - Rychel had himself convinced that he was getting Tolchinsky and was completely unprepared when he was taken by the Soo the pick before us. The way it worked in the past we should have had him as he was calling his shot to come here, but Dubas caled his bluff and it paid off for the Soo. With the import draft you have cooked deals, so when Tolchinsky went off the board, it's not like WR could just take the next most talented guy - as they all had arraigned deals behind us as well, so he really had no choice but to go completely off the board on a kid who didn't have any cooked deal. Tolchinsky reporting to the Soo actually burned the Spits - because when he agreed to come here, Spits stop looking and making Plan B fall back options.

You are absolutely 100 % correct.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Sec108

Here's something to watch that will warm your heart........
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/

I gotta buy the livestream for tues nights game to see them get their heads handed to them.

Oh Ya!!!! Sweet

Old
04-21-2013, 08:05 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks3 View Post
I was at the game Wilson got 3 goals and was first star both goalies were amazing and should have both been 1st and 2nd stars. Nedejikovic, Stolarz were the reason it went to 2 overtimes, they gave Max Domi, who is picking it Tie? Nedejikovic got 2nd. also Plymouth had the Windsor fever with 2 Too many men penalties.
Two of the three PP's for London in OT were appalling. At times this afternoon it was 7 on 5 hockey for London and they couldn't take advantage of it. Plymouth dont mind er though Wilson is a tour de force and London is pretty soft.

Old
04-21-2013, 08:05 PM
WhalerBlue

Quote:
Thanks for your support. It is appreciated. Even if it may only be for a few games.

Old
04-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Sec108

I was listening online to the game off CJBK and that big mouth obnoxious playbyplay guy of theirs even refers to the color of their uniforms as HUNTER green.

Sickening.....

Old
04-21-2013, 08:38 PM
GangGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
I was listening online to the game off CJBK and that big mouth obnoxious playbyplay guy of theirs even refers to the color of their uniforms as HUNTER green.

Sickening.....
If junior hockey really causes you to be this angry, you should probably seek some professional help.
That's what the colour's called

Old
04-21-2013, 10:20 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Simon is flat out trolling but of course you stick up for him.
Don't think of it as sticking up for anyone. Think of it as "we're adults, right?" (or at least old enough to not play the grade-school "he's in my space!!1!!" game)

BTW, just cause this keeps my sanity tonight...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shades_...n#Hunter_green

Old
04-21-2013, 11:38 PM
big papa

Cundari is the 13th player from Windsor’s back-to-back Memorial Cup rosters to play in the NHL joining Taylor Hall (Edmonton), Cam Fowler (Anaheim), Zack Kassian (Buffalo and Vancouver), Adam Henrique (New Jersey), Ryan Ellis (Nashville), Eric Wellwood (Philadelphia), Greg Nemisz (Calgary) Austin Watson (Nashville), Philipp Grubauer (Washington), Scott Timmins (Florida), Lane MacDermid (Boston and Dallas) and Andrei Loktionov (Los Angeles and New Jersey).

Old
04-21-2013, 11:39 PM
big papa

Cundari is the 13th player from Windsorís back-to-back Memorial Cup rosters to play in the NHL joining Taylor Hall (Edmonton), Cam Fowler (Anaheim), Zack Kassian (Buffalo and Vancouver), Adam Henrique (New Jersey), Ryan Ellis (Nashville), Eric Wellwood (Philadelphia), Greg Nemisz (Calgary) Austin Watson (Nashville), Philipp Grubauer (Washington), Scott Timmins (Florida), Lane MacDermid (Boston and Dallas) and Andrei Loktionov (Los Angeles and New Jersey).

Old
04-22-2013, 06:00 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerBlue View Post
Thanks for your support. It is appreciated. Even if it may only be for a few games.
Hey I think you have at least the majority of Windsor fans if not all of us rooting for the Whalers Over the Knights, I hate the Whalers but I hate the Knights a lot more, so do everyone a favour and kick there *** so we don't have to here there fans chant.

Closed Thread