HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blame it on the Craw-aw-aw-aw-aw-aw-fahurrd

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 11:51 AM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
top 5 in gaa, top 10 in sv%, how can we ever win with this guy, we're doomed!
Please. Those #'s reflect the dominance of the team not the goalie(s).

Ask ANY GM to list the top 10-15 goalies in this league and Crawford's name would not be found.

BANK IT.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:05 PM
theseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
You aren't correct.
oh yes I am.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I mean this as politely as possible.

It's because far too many Hawks fans are whiny, spoiled little brats.
I hope You haven't put me in that category, I didn't just jump on board as soon as we got good.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:09 PM
madgoat33

who cares? alot of you talk about crawford's goals "deflating" the team and constantly rip his mental state, yet what does it say about the skaters if a ga "deflates" them? sounds to me like they are the ones with the problems between the ears.

or, far more likely its just dumb conjecture and too many of you already have your minds made up about crawford and search for evidence to support it instead of looking at the evidence and then forming a conclusion.

he given up 2 goals a game and saved 92.4% of shots that are put on him, that's more than good enough to win with the talent the hawks have. and guess what? they have won, and at a historic rate. some of you have been so taken by the hawks record start that you've deluded yourselves into thinking we should win every game and never give up a goal.

the team that scores over 3 goals a game is held to 2 goals, the goalie who allows 2 goals a game allows 2 goals. and its the goalie's fault? how many games do you realistically think this or any team will win when they don't score an es goal?

Last edited by madgoat33: 04-21-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old
04-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Kaners BAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I mean this as politely as possible.

It's because far too many Hawks fans are whiny, spoiled little brats.
Last year's playoffs have a lot more to do with it than the collective psyche of Blackhawks fan.

Last edited by Kaners BAC: 04-21-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old
04-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

2010 playoffs Huet or a rookie goalie in Niemi?
2013 playoffs a shaky Crawdaddy or At times shaky Razor?

The result in 2010 was obviously the best one you can get but after 5 years of this team being back to a league power only once have we gone into the playoffs with a goalie WE all feel confident with and that was Khabby in 09. The one guy we win a Cup with we send packing due to our fire sale.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:23 PM
madgoat33

putting huet in the same sentence as the other 3 guys is a joke. he was common street trash. also like how you left out 10-11. should we have gone with shaky turco or rookie crawford?

Old
04-21-2013, 12:24 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseeker View Post
oh yes I am.
Crawford's shootout statistics:

10-11 Season: 4-3, 19 saves, 3GA, .842 SV%
11-12 Season: 6-4, 32 saves, 6GA, .813 SV%
12-13 Season: 4-5, 34 saves, 14GA, .588 SV%

Up until this year, yes, Crawford has been money in the SO.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:28 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by theseeker View Post
oh yes I am.
He had the third highest sv% among starters last year.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:36 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
putting huet in the same sentence as the other 3 guys is a joke. he was common street trash. also like how you left out 10-11. should we have gone with shaky turco or rookie crawford?
I didn't mention it in my post but the 2 seasons I was referring to happen to be the two seasons where we had the best teams and the most significant chance to win the Cup. Notice any similarity so we can be a great team in the regular season and playoffs with subpar goaltending. In 2010 we won a cup so I guess in 2013 it's all good. Why us worry?

Old
04-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Sarava

Why are we arguing about shootouts? Who cares. There's no shootouts in the playoffs. It's the 100 footer and other soft goals like that that Crawford continues to give up that are the real worry.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:49 PM
madgoat33

so if he let in 2 goals on some of the other chances the yotes had it would be okay?

Old
04-21-2013, 12:51 PM
moose vasko

Above all, we need our goalie to be reliable. He doesn't have to stand on his head; just make the routine saves, control the rebounds, throw in a few gems, but generally just play solid and allow the skaters to do their jobs in front of him knowing that he will do his. As the season has unfolded it's pretty clear that Razor does that more than Crawford. Unless Razor is seriously hurt, he has to be the guy.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:55 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
At this point, playoff time, it is more the how and when those goals are given up. Very tough to win with a goalie capable of imploding at any moment.

Take a look at this stat line.

1970-71 27 CBH NHL Games18 W-11 L-7 GAA 2.19 2 SO

The thing that still haunts me is bolded.
He didn't implode. The words I could use to describe you.. man, oh man.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
who cares? alot of you talk about crawford's goals "deflating" the team and constantly rip his mental state, yet what does it say about the skaters if a ga "deflates" them? sounds to me like they are the ones with the problems between the ears.
Do you really not understand the impact of emotion and momentum in the game of hockey? It is probably more pronounced than in any other game. At the highest levels, it is often the deciding factor, that's how close games will be.

Do you not see how one shift builds off another, how a key PK leads to offense?

Old
04-21-2013, 12:56 PM
madgoat33

if you start emery and he fails its hard to go back to Crawford(the starter) if however you start crawford and he fails going to emery is easy and makes sense. in any case, they need to pick now and not have it hanging over them add po's start.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

The fact that Huet was signed to that bloated contract and then thrown out of the league 2 years into his 4 year deal really shows management and scouting have no idea how to draft and even sign a decent goalie. The only reason we got Khabby is cuz Dale threw a mountain of cash at him. Why else would he leave a Stanley cup championship team to come to Chicago who was a joke at the time.

Niemi- Free Agent who was great in our cup run but we had to let go.
Crawford 2nd round pick who toiled in the minors with average numbers who we had no choice to give a shot.
Emery a scrap heap pickup who's working ok for now.

Look at Dallas a team that has no chance to win a cup with niuwendyk as gm they traded for Lehtonen and gave up practically nothing and drafted Jack Campbell as well.

Bluejackets same thing Scott Howson was laughed at but he did give them Bobrovsky for next to nothing.

My point we can't draft or make Decent trade for a goalie yeah we we won a cup 3 years ago but if we don't pay attention to this position more often it's going to be a long time again.
Again, Am I being overly dramatic maybe? Just very concerned.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Kaners BAC

Quote:
Do you really not understand the impact of emotion and momentum in the game of hockey? It is probably more pronounced than in any other game. At the highest levels, it is often the deciding factor, that's how close games will be.

100% agreed.

Old
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:

He gave up a bad goal and then bounced back to stop 29 of 31 shots. IMPLOSIONS ALL UP IN THIS GAME OF HOCKEY!

Old
madgoat33

Quote:

so then the team is weak between the ears in your opinion? sure didn't seem to hurt crawford too much add he stopped 93+% of shots he saw

Old
04-21-2013, 01:01 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
The fact that Huet was signed to that bloated contract and then thrown out of the league 2 years into his 4 year deal really shows management and scouting have no idea how to draft and even sign a decent goalie. The only reason we got Khabby is cuz Dale threw a mountain of cash at him. Why else would he leave a Stanley cup championship team to come to Chicago who was a joke at the time.

Niemi- Free Agent who was great in our cup run but we had to let go.
Crawford 2nd round pick who toiled in the minors with average numbers who we had no choice to give a shot.
Emery a scrap heap pickup who's working ok for now.

Look at Dallas a team that has no chance to win a cup with niuwendyk as gm they traded for Lehtonen and gave up practically nothing and drafted Jack Campbell as well.

Bluejackets same thing Scott Howson was laughed at but he did give them Bobrovsky for next to nothing.

My point we can't draft or make Decent trade for a goalie yeah we we won a cup 3 years ago but if we don't pay attention to this position more often it's going to be a long time again.
Again, Am I being overly dramatic maybe? Just very concerned.
Yep. The Hawks had no choice but to give Crawford a shot, and all he's done in his crappy NHL career is finish in the top-3 in Calder voting as a rookie, and a 2 years later, he's putting up dominant numbers.

How can people live in Chicago and go to bars? Do you all just sit around and contemplate suicide when your favourite sports team goes down a goal/point and/or losses? (That's not necessarily directed at you, but the mentality of a lot of Chicago "fans" is pathetic)

Old
04-21-2013, 01:03 PM
McDooRoo

I'm not Crow's biggest fan, but to say we can't win a Stanley Cup with him in net is somewhere between idiotic and ignorant. WE HAVE LOST 5 (FIVE) GAMES IN REGULATION ALL YEAR with these two "bums" in goal. In the last 10 games we are 8-0-2!!! We could win the cup with these two in goal and do it comfortably, but it depends on how the rest of the team is playing.

Now, with all that said that damn 100 footer is a VERY SOFT goal and is 100% on Crow, but it's not like us and the team don't know that this type of thing happens from time to time with Crow. It's not like he was Patrick Roy for his entire career and then just all of a sudden started this. But, again it's not like him and Razor have been bums all damn year.

But, again we can win the cup and if we don't it will because of the entire team not just who's between the pipes.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:07 PM
madgoat33

what i most love is that after crawford dominated the blues about a week ago all the haters were silent. then out if the wood work they come.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Crawford had a great rookie year that's true. He played better than Luongo did in the first round series against Luongo. Bottom line is he still let Burrows shot sail past him losing us the series in OT and he looked bad in the Phoenix OT games last year. Is he a good goalie yes is he a mentally fragile unfocused goalie who can't handle pressure also yes. Lets put the regular season numbers away And the SO stats so don't mean nothing come PO time.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:10 PM
madgoat33

then again, a lot of these guys are the same ones who proclaim the opposing goalie was unbelievable if we don't put up at least 4 and craw is trash if he gives up more than 1.

Closed Thread