HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Laughton to Edmonton

Old
04-21-2013, 11:20 AM
VoicexOfxReason
RIP Lounge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy Sliders View Post
I'd rather keep klefbom, so marincin/Germat + 2/3rnd ?
Come on man dont be ridiculous. im sooo tired of seeing edmonton fans trying to get pieces they want by scrapping together some popsicle sticks and duct tape and trying to pass it off as a fair proposal.

As an outsider, Laughton for Klefbom is as fair as it gets, straight up the middle equal. Dont like giving up Klef? Guess you dont want Laughton then.

VoicexOfxReason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlimasLoveChild View Post
I'd like to know who these phantom scouts are? I find it kind of telling that he wasn't even invited to try out for canada's world jr team. Kind of strange for the best player in the Ohl to be over looked like that.

What's even more strange is that the aforementioned Klefbom while at the same age was able to lead his team to a gold medal while being named a tournament all star.
Well, first, for the story:
Quote:
Flyers Director of Player Development Ian Laperriere traveled to both Ontario and Quebec recently to watch some playoff games in two of the Canadian junior leagues.

While there he spoke to several scouts from other teams, and too a man they all said the same thing.

“They told me, ‘You have the best player in the OHL,’” Laperriere said. “It’s always good to hear that – especially from guys from other organizations.”

And the player they were talking about is a player Flyers fans got to see a little bit of this season, but should expect to see a lot more of in the future:

Scott Laughton..."
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=666373

As for the WJC--I don't think you can reasonably ignore the lockout factor. Absent that, I believe Laughton had a very strong chance to make the team, but of course that's no guarantee of success at the tournament itself.

Anyway, as I've suggested a few times, I think this thread has run its course. With a few exceptions, Edmonton fans aren't high enough on Laughton to part with a blue-chip prospect--and the Flyers have no reason to move him for less than that.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:25 AM
duul

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
Come on man dont be ridiculous. im sooo tired of seeing edmonton fans trying to get pieces they want by scrapping together some popsicle sticks and duct tape and trying to pass it off as a fair proposal.

As an outsider, Laughton for Klefbom is as fair as it gets, straight up the middle equal. Dont like giving up Klef? Guess you dont want Laughton then.
You realize Marincin is a great defenceman in the AHL and Gernat has an insane amount of potential, right? They're far from scraps buddy.

duul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:31 AM
VoicexOfxReason
RIP Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
You realize Marincin is a great defenceman in the AHL and Gernat has an insane amount of potential, right? They're far from scraps buddy.
sigh...

Let me put it this way. You folks trying to send two lesser assets like Marincin and 2nd for Laughton is like kids trading snacks at lunch time. oiler fans are obnoxiously always trying to trade 2 nutrigrain bars for a fruit rollup--nutrigrains are pretty good snacks on their own, decent taste, good nutritional value--but its just plain insulting to try and trade them for a fruit rollup, which any kid will gladly take 100% of the time over two nutrigrain bars.

And you guys do it all. The. Frickin. Time. You plain arent getting a prospect like Laughton unless its a 1 for 1 swap for a different position with equal potential and value. Guess who that is from the Oil.

Old
04-21-2013, 11:38 AM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
As for the thread - someone mentioned Musil - how's he coming along? Is he looking to be a good 31st overall pick so far?
I actually disagree with people saying he is looking to be a good 31st overall pick. He is progressing as expected, but the pick was a low-risk, low-reward pick. He probably tops out as a 5-6 dman, IMO. There are much better defensive prospects within the Oilers organization.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 12:16 PM
lakai17

Quote:
sigh...

Let me put it this way. You folks trying to send two lesser assets like Marincin and 2nd for Laughton is like kids trading snacks at lunch time. oiler fans are obnoxiously always trying to trade 2 nutrigrain bars for a fruit rollup--nutrigrains are pretty good snacks on their own, decent taste, good nutritional value--but its just plain insulting to try and trade them for a fruit rollup, which any kid will gladly take 100% of the time over two nutrigrain bars.

And you guys do it all. The. Frickin. Time. You plain arent getting a prospect like Laughton unless its a 1 for 1 swap for a different position with equal potential and value. Guess who that is from the Oil.
I didn't understand why they added the 2nd or 3rd. Marincin alone is more than enough.

Just because klefbom is Edmontons #1 prospect doesn't mean his value is automatically equal to another teams #1 valued prospect.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 12:23 PM
VoicexOfxReason
RIP Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
I didn't understand why they added the 2nd or 3rd. Marincin alone is more than enough.

Just because klefbom is Edmontons #1 prospect doesn't mean his value is automatically equal to another teams #1 valued prospect.
I didnt say that, did i? No i didnt. And Marincin would not be enough.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:23 PM
wedge

I don't get it... IMO what the Oilers need are veterans to surround their great players. Not another prospect.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 12:30 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
sigh...

What a horrible analogy, fruit roll ups suck. Almost as much as your "let's chastise an entire fanbase" post. Which is completely off base, because:

1) Klefbom for Laughton is not an even value swap for the Oilers. We have two top six centers already. We need to upgrade one, but Laughton isn't an upgrade. We have 1 potential number one d-man on our team, and 1 potential number one d-man in the system. Trading one of our two potential number one d-men (when we have no actual number one d-men) for a top six center that we already have is dumb, makes no sense for the Oilers, hence, its not an even value trade. To the Oilers, based on need as well as performance, Klefbom > Laughton, so what you're asking for isn't a 1 for 1 swap, its for us to bend over and take it on a trade.

2) I don't think you understand how good Marincin actually is. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up a top pair d-man in a couple of years. He's that good. He certainly isn't some "lesser snack" than Laughton, at least not in terms of upside. The difference is that Laughton is closer to being ready.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 12:52 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
I don't get it... IMO what the Oilers need are veterans to surround their great players. Not another prospect.
Edmonton have valuable assets all across the table.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:53 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
Edmonton have valuable assets all across the table, minus goaltending, like Philly.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Brewster

Quote:
Edmonton have valuable assets all across the table.
Our goaltending depth leaves something to be desired in my humble opinion. Bunz has been less than stellar in the ECHL this year and Roy is stuck behind Danis in OKC. Hovinen I don't know too much about however.

Brewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Didn't Gernat sign a deal with the Oilers recently, a ELC?

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 01:46 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Usually when one fan base can't decline fast enough, and the other thinks it's fair, it's not fair...
On HFBoards opposite rule exists... the angrier HFOilers fans get the closer it is... I did not understand what MacT was smoking when he said half the GMs in the NHL would trade our roster for theirs... but then I read here and it is obvious he has been indulging in strongest drug of all: Internet homerism... like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I don't think you understand how good Marincin actually is. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up a top pair d-man in a couple of years.
This belongs up there with that person who said Schremp would get 1500 points or whatever in his career... we will be lucky if Marincin is #4 D... never mind a top pairing (well I guess on the Oilers that criteria is looser)

SchultzSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Brewster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Didn't Gernat sign a deal with the Oilers recently, a ELC?
Yes, he signed on Saturday if I am not mistaken.

Brewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 01:54 PM
17Kurri

Quote:
Five years? We're talking Klefbom, I know what value he has and it's more than Laughton at the end of today. Oscar Klefbom could actually be better then Justin Schultz today.

I wouldn't even trade Marincin for Laughton actually. Anton Lander will become an excellent third line center.
No you don't, nobody does. The only value he has is the one he returns should he be moved. And you, nor anybody else, knows what that is yet.

You may believe he has more value than Laughton and, frankly, so do I, but it is not a given because we simply don't know yet.

17Kurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 01:56 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
so just that I understand

the oilers are giving up good prosepcts for a 31 year journeymen goalie who got traded to columbus from philly and has not played a game since the trade and is a UFA in the off season?

what am I missing--this is either a joke or a bump of a thread from three years ago

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:00 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:

^just like every other teams posters do, right?

no chance is Klefbom for Laughton "fair". and no, i don't want Laughton on the Oilers, especially for Klefbom....pass.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:01 PM
17Kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post

the oilers are giving up good prosepcts for a 31 year journeymen goalie who got traded to columbus from philly and has not played a game since the trade and is a UFA in the off season?

what am I missing--this is either a joke or a bump of a thread from three years ago
I take it you forgot to move to the appropriate thread before posting this?

17Kurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:02 PM
dnicks17

Quote:

Scott Laughton isn't Michael Leighton.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:02 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:

Wat.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

Post of the year.

Without question.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:08 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Post of the year.

Without question.
Thread of the year no question...

-Laughton = Leighton
-Laughton is a nutrigrain bar
-Martin Marincin is first pairing defenseman

I don't want to leave this thread... it just keeps on delivering...

Old
04-21-2013, 02:09 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Kurri View Post
No you don't, nobody does. The only value he has is the one he returns should he be moved. And you, nor anybody else, knows what that is yet.

You may believe he has more value than Laughton and, frankly, so do I, but it is not a given because we simply don't know yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Kurri View Post
I take it you forgot to move to the appropriate thread before posting this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Scott Laughton isn't Michael Leighton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Post of the year.

Without question.

there is more then one leighton and it was not mentioned in the OP who the frack he was talking about

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:

what am I missing--this is either a
joke or a bump of a thread from three years ago
I am saving this post.

Hilarious, thanks for the laugh.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote