HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blame it on the Craw-aw-aw-aw-aw-aw-fahurrd

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Kaner Coffee
Anna for Hart Trophy

vCash: 500
All this angst about Crawford? I though that with the exception of an unlucky bounce, he was pretty good last night. Oh and shootouts are irrelevant.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:13 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
what i most love is that after crawford dominated the blues about a week ago all the haters were silent. then out if the wood work they come.
I'm not a hater thanks. Any player that wears the Indianhead I want to succeed. I wanted Huet to succeed. I just don't feel confident at times with Corey in net. You can't deny that he has a penchant for letting in weird Huet type goals.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:19 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
I'm not a hater thanks. Any player that wears the Indianhead I want to succeed. I wanted Huet to succeed. I just don't feel confident at times with Corey in net. You can't deny that he has a penchant for letting in weird Huet type goals.
Why is Crawford being compared to Huet? Crawford's rookie season was better than either of Huet's two seasons in Chicago.

He is not Huet. Stop comparing him to Huet. All goaltenders give up soft/bad goals. It happens. It's hockey. You move on.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:19 PM
madgoat33

what made huet huet was the fact he let in those goals while also letting in pretty much everything else too. crawford's sv% is .924, huet's was .895 irc. i can live with the strange/soft goals as long as his sv% is .924 and his gaa is 2.

personally, I'm more nervous with emery in net, his lateral movement is atrocious and lately he's giving up a ton of room nearside probably because he has to cheat.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Quote:
then again, a lot of these guys are the same ones who proclaim the opposing goalie was unbelievable if we don't put up at least 4 and craw is trash if he gives up more than 1.
Yep. Whatever, all this arguing is silly. Crawford will be the guy come playoff time and if fans want to whine about that, they can go ahead. Looking forward to watching this team in the playoffs. They've lost 5 games all year. 5

Old
04-21-2013, 02:31 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP

Everyone should write a letter to Dean Lombardi and let him know that Jonathan Quick won't take the Kings anywhere in the playoffs.

Quote:
Please show me some saves Crawford made when you say "how did he just do did" or "he totally robbed them".
You won't find them.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:32 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Yep. Whatever, all this arguing is silly. Crawford will be the guy come playoff time and if fans want to whine about that, they can go ahead. Looking forward to watching this team in the playoffs. They've lost 5 games all year. 5
Yes but they've played 16 (that's SIXTEEN) OT/shootout games and there won't be any 4 on 4 OT's or shootouts (thank GOD!) in the playoffs.

Yes the season has turned out great but the playoffs are an entirely different animal..fewer penalties called, less space, teams tend to shoot from anywhere and at any time, and the games are far more physical.

So we shall see.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Jonathan Quick won a Stanley Cup and a Conn Smythe trophy was totally huge in doing it. He lets in a bad goal he goes and kisses his cup ring. Got any Patrick Roy or Martin Brodeur video of him letting in bad goals cuz the Crawford reference is so valid.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:42 PM
stahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post
Yes but they've played 16 (that's SIXTEEN) OT/shootout games and there won't be any 4 on 4 OT's or shootouts (thank GOD!) in the playoffs.

Yes the season has turned out great but the playoffs are an entirely different animal..fewer penalties called, less space, teams tend to shoot from anywhere and at any time, and the games are far more physical.

So we shall see.
Argument to this is the hawks are the best team in the NHL on 5-5 play scoring 1.52 5 on 5 goals for every 5 on 5 goal we give up. Next team in the league is Pittsburgh at 1.35. It's a pretty big gap when only 6 teams in the league are at 1.2 or above.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:46 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Crawford and Emery are the worst.. but especially Crawford.

Haters in the building:

YouTube evidence = point proven.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:46 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Quote:
Jonathan Quick won a Stanley Cup and a Conn Smythe trophy was totally huge in doing it. He lets in a bad goal he goes and kisses his cup ring. Got any Patrick Roy or Martin Brodeur video of him letting in bad goals cuz the Crawford reference is so valid.
The point is that all goaltenders (even good ones) let in crappy goals from time to time. Everyone here has this chicken little mentality where if Crawford lets in a bad goal, then Emery HAS to be our guy going forward even though he's let in his share of stinkers this year too.

Both goaltenders have played on about the same level this year which shows that just like the past few years, the team's success has lived and died with team defense. They have an equal shot of winning with either goaltender in net provided the defense doesn't **** the bed.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:48 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
The point sailed over your head.

If you want another example.. Niemi let in terriweak goals during the Cup year. Somehow, that team still won the Cup. Ernberlieverbul.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:50 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Crawford and Emery are the worst.. but especially Crawford.

Haters in the building:

YouTube evidence = point proven.
No dude, Crawford has never made big saves. Can't you read?

Old
04-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
The point sailed over your head.

If you want another example.. Niemi let in terriweak goals during the Cup year. Somehow, that team still won the Cup. Ernberlieverbul.
Dude we won a Cup cause our forward depth was unbelievable not cause of Niemi. We outscored the Flyers 25-22 in that 6 game series. Niemis GAA was 3.67 in that series. This years group of forwards is not As good as 2010 so the goaltending needs to be better than 2010. See what I'm saying!

Old
04-21-2013, 02:55 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
No dude, Crawford has never made big saves. Can't you read?
No. Wait..

Old
04-21-2013, 02:58 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Dude we won a Cup cause our forward depth was unbelievable not cause of Niemi. We outscored the Flyers 25-22 in that 6 game series. Niemis GAA was 3.67 in that series. This years group of forwards is not As good as 2010 so the goaltending needs to be better than 2010. See what I'm saying!
Dude, our team defense this year has been far better than the 2010 team and the defensive core, in general, is deeper and better. No matter who's in net, they won't be the main reason Chicago wins/losses in the playoffs.

If the goaltending is good enough to go 34-5-5 in the regular season, than they're good enough to go 16-12 in the playoffs.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:58 PM
stahl

Quote:
2010 goals per game = 3.2
2013 goals per game = 3.18

Old
04-21-2013, 03:00 PM
hawksfan50

Yes Crawford waz way off form..but to blame him only is ridiculous..look at all the great scoring chances in the first 2 pefiods our big gun forwards FAILED go s ore on...no Ovechkin shooters here..ok you can say they Failed because Smith again played out of his mind agsinst us..either way you cannot blame only Crawford for that failure to get enough goals efficiently for the number of great chances to score we created...or blame the back to back tired exvuse for our poor third.period and blame bad luck for us..they get that crazy long bouncer goal...we hit posts and crossbars...you want to blame Crawford for our bad.luck? The fact was ourTEAM xid not all pull on the oars tovetherfor 60minutes...the margin for victofy in the nhlis too slim against teams fighting for.playoff spots to have anyone ease off their A game and expect to win...and so we only got a point.. A bivger iszue is who is better...us or Pitt? I think if hou took our 3 best players out with injury se would not be dep enough like Pitt is to keep winning...unless you ghink the entire EastdrnConference is a joke compared to the stiffer tests in the Western Conference that we face almost evdry night?

Old
04-21-2013, 03:02 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Quote:
09-10 Hawks
3.20 GF/G - 2.48 GA/G - 25.1
Niemi: 2.25 GAA - .912 sv%
Huet: 2.50 GAA - .895 sv%

2013 Hawks
3.18 GF/G - 2.02 GA/G - SA/G - 26.1
Crawford: 1.99 GAA - .924 sv%
Emery: 1.91 GAA - .923 sv%

Goaltending and defense are both better this year than in 2010, and the offense is scoring at pretty much the exact same level.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:03 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Quote:
No. Wait..

Quit posting video evidence, it's irrelevant. Bubba has spoken, Crawford can't make big saves.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
so then the team is weak between the ears in your opinion? sure didn't seem to hurt crawford too much add he stopped 93+% of shots he saw
Yes, all teams are. That's why a huge save can turn a game around and a weak goal can do the same thing.

If you have an unproven goalie, no playoff series wins, and a softie goes in...the immediate reaction is "Here we go again". I'm not saying it's the right way to react but that is how players have reacted during my 45 years in the game.

Very similar to a shaky closer in baseball. Not going anywhere with that either.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:08 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I.. agreed.. with.. Fiddy. (at least the part on Crawford)

Old
04-21-2013, 03:11 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Yes, all teams are. That's why a huge save can turn a game around and a weak goal can do the same thing.

If you have an unproven goalie, no playoff series wins, and a softie goes in...the immediate reaction is "Here we go again". I'm not saying it's the right way to react but that is how players have reacted during my 45 years in the game.

Very similar to a shaky closer in baseball. Not going anywhere with that either.
Lolwut?

And, how many of those years, "in the game", have to spent at the NHL level, playing? (honestly, I'd settle for any semi-professional experience).

Old
04-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

After reading all of these rebuttals to my posts I guess there's nothing else to do except get those shirts and hats printed. I'm not allowed to criticize Crawdaddy or to complain about the future uncertainty at the goalie position. We won a Cup with Niemi and scored lots of goals while doing it no reason it shouldn't work again. So let it be written so let it be done!

Old
04-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Kaners BAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stahl View Post
2010 goals per game = 3.2
2013 goals per game = 3.18
And take away the beginning 15 games when teams were getting their legs which favored a team like the Hawks. I'd be interested in seeing how the Hawks' last 20 games compares to that 3.18.

Closed Thread