HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Leafs vs Sens (McLaren vs Kassian) Headbutt attempt?

Old
04-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Epoch

vCash: 500
The so called Kassassin couldn't finish off McLaren, who was tied up and turned around for the majority of the fight

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 10:00 AM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Steve MacIntyre and Matt Kassian might fight each other tomorrow night. Here is a few clips of Steve MacIntyre's fights.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Kassian had a hold of McLaren's right wrist almost the entire fight and McLaren was trying to get lose the entire fight... hense the "headbutt" and the squirming.

As for leaf fans... I think having Orr and McLaren (and Brown as well) as regular fighters has us expecting slugfests every fight. Neil held on for dear life against Orr... there's no denying that. Kassian however here was throwing while not allowing McLaren lose. There is a difference.
Kassian had MacLaren tied up. There's no excuses for his headbutt. He couldn't get his hands free and didn't want to get embarrassed, especially on a HNIC game. The headbutt was a coward move. Nobody can defend that.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 10:57 AM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Kassian had MacLaren tied up. There's no excuses for his headbutt. He couldn't get his hands free and didn't want to get embarrassed, especially on a HNIC game. The headbutt was a coward move. Nobody can defend that.
You're seriously overblowing it... there is a reason nobody is even talking about it. He was trying to get lose the entire time and he left the game with a hurt shoulder so there's a good chance his shoulder was being held in a bad way

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 50
Quote:
Kassian had a hold of McLaren's right wrist almost the entire fight and McLaren was trying to get lose the entire fight... hense the "headbutt" and the squirming.

As for leaf fans... I think having Orr and McLaren (and Brown as well) as regular fighters has us expecting slugfests every fight. Neil held on for dear life against Orr... there's no denying that. Kassian however here was throwing while not allowing McLaren lose. There is a difference.
Lmao. Good series of games between the laffs and sens. Tons of homer comments throughout the year I love it. Actually it was Orr hanging on for dear life as Ge was throwing nothing and is too weak to push Neil away. Dominated.

Rewatched this fight again. For sure the first "head butt" was accidental the second was more controlled and deliberate and the hair pull was accidental. I think if the head butt would of landed flush it would of been a big deal but as it didn't I am sure he won't be trying it again.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:36 AM
JimLaheyprobert

Quote:
Note sure if anyone caught this, but did anyone see McLaren trying to run away mid fight? You can see him try and take off but Kassian grabs him.

Overall pretty embarrassing fight by McLaren. Kassian lands more punches and lands more bombs. McLaren tries to run away and then headbutts Kassian.
lol Mclaren defiantly did not try and run, he was trying to break lose of kassians grip so he can start throwing punches, but try and run no way. As for the hair pull, his hand was on his head for a split second then noticed what he was doing and immediately took his hand off. As for the headbutt, we can sit here and argue he did it, or he didn't do it all day, it wont resolve anything. In the end two tough guys fought, props to Kassian for holding up Mclarens right hand and winning the fight. I would have liked to see some more bombs thrown because in this heated rivalry when you are a fan you would rather see your tough guy beat the other tough guy by punching his face in or knock downs, this fight was alot of wrestling for position and tieing each other up with kassian overall controlling the fight.

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:39 AM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renner View Post
I would have to agree here. Kassians performances thus far have been very underwhelming. He tends to grab and clutch quite a bit..sorta reminds me of the other guy they had that did this. You could see mcLaren was really pissed Kassian wouldnt throw with him and was just fixed on tying him up. Hopefully if they play anymore this season Kassian loosens up a bit.
And you called me a troll lol?

Kassian has a winning record against those Leaf fighters this season in 3 fights. Including this one being pretty long and lopsided, if youre complaining about Kassian tying guys up you should be complaining that your teams fighter cant get loose in this long of a fight. Just because the Leafs cant free up their arms doesnt mean its an underwhelming fight, it means its underwhelming for Leaf fans. This wasnt a bad fight at all and I'm starting to get sick of hearing that excuse from Leaf fans everytime

Look at McLarens record, maybe hes just not as tough as you thought he was

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:42 AM
GenericFan2*

Sens fans always have to find something to whine about after a big loss.

Kassian is a pretty bad enforcer, his fights aren't even "fights", more like hanging on and throwing short punches that don't land.

GenericFan2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:44 AM
GenericFan2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW View Post
Sens fans always have to find something to whine about after a big loss.

Kassian is a pretty bad enforcer, his fights aren't even "fights", more like hanging on and throwing short punches that don't land.
However, I do agree McLaren lost, but I don't even consider this a fight. I wonder what would happen if Kassian let his opponents fight back

GenericFan2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:59 AM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Lmao. Good series of games between the laffs and sens. Tons of homer comments throughout the year I love it. Actually it was Orr hanging on for dear life as Ge was throwing nothing and is too weak to push Neil away. Dominated.

Rewatched this fight again. For sure the first "head butt" was accidental the second was more controlled and deliberate and the hair pull was accidental. I think if the head butt would of landed flush it would of been a big deal but as it didn't I am sure he won't be trying it again.
In order to be a homer, I'd have to be trying to claim something that wasn't true and in favour of my team. Neil hung on for dear life... he was scared of letting Orr free. He grabbbed a hold of his ear strap once he lost grip of his jersey.

Like I said, there's a difference between that and the Kassian fight. Kassian was fighting strategically. Neil was scared and only dropped them because he was the only one that could respond after a teammate was ktfo.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:00 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
And you called me a troll lol?

Kassian has a winning record against those Leaf fighters this season in 3 fights. Including this one being pretty long and lopsided, if youre complaining about Kassian tying guys up you should be complaining that your teams fighter cant get loose in this long of a fight. Just because the Leafs cant free up their arms doesnt mean its an underwhelming fight, it means its underwhelming for Leaf fans. This wasnt a bad fight at all and I'm starting to get sick of hearing that excuse from Leaf fans everytime

Look at McLarens record, maybe hes just not as tough as you thought he was
It's boring as **** and pumps your team up far less, but you're right. It is up to the Leaf players to get free or not allow themselves to be tied up like that in first place.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Quote:
In order to be a homer, I'd have to be trying to claim something that wasn't true and in favour of my team. Neil hung on for dear life... he was scared of letting Orr free. He grabbbed a hold of his ear strap once he lost grip of his jersey.

Like I said, there's a difference between that and the Kassian fight. Kassian was fighting strategically. Neil was scared and only dropped them because he was the only one that could respond after a teammate was ktfo.
Between Kassian and Neil, Orr finished off the Battle of Ontario season series as the Sens personal punching bag.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 01:02 PM
JimLaheyprobert

Quote:
Between Kassian and Neil, Orr finished off the Battle of Ontario season series as the Sens personal punching bag.
Haha that's a bit extreme pal. I mean sure he lost, but the kassian and Orr fight lasted a whole 4 seconds and i don't even think anything landed, and the neil and orr fight, neil landed a few dirty boxing punches that im sure didn't affect orr at all and just ended up being a lot of hugging between both fighters. Again sure Orr lost, but your just being ignorant if your calling him Ottawa's personally punching bag lmao. Plus i dont wanna bring up fights that happened a few years ago, but Orr has beat up neil before, so its not like they faught once and neil won. And Orr's win was probably more appealing to fight fans and probably a better win then neils win.

Last edited by JimLaheyprobert: 04-21-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old
04-21-2013, 01:18 PM
H2ODP

vCash: 177
Quote:

I've probably mentioned this at least 10 times on these forums, but it's pretty hard for Neil to hold on for dear life when he's out throwing Orr to an approximate 15 to 2 margin in punches. So please, stop using that as an excuse. Chris Neil won his fight as strategic just as Kassian did last night. Accept it and move on.

H2ODP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 01:19 PM
H2ODP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
Haha that's a bit extreme pal. I mean sure he lost, but the kassian and Orr fight lasted a whole 4 seconds and i don't even think anything landed, and the neil and orr fight, neil landed a few dirty boxing punches that im sure didn't affect orr at all and just ended up being a lot of hugging between both fighters. Again sure Orr lost, but your just being ignorant if your calling him Ottawa's personally punching bag lmao. Plus i dont wanna bring up fights that happened a few years ago, but Orr has beat up neil before, so its not like they faught once and neil won. And Orr's win was probably more appealing to fight fans and probably a better win then neils win.
As a sens fan, I agree with the general idea of your post.. Just ignore Sens fans that exaggerate. Happens on both sides.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:31 PM
JimLaheyprobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODP View Post
As a sens fan, I agree with the general idea of your post.. Just ignore Sens fans that exaggerate. Happens on both sides.
ya i agree man, this whole thread is a jk, exaggerations on both sides, Kassian win forsure. It was just tough to ignore the orr punching bag thing. But i agree that leaf fans need to realize when their fighter loses when its a bad fight or good fight. And i absolutely love the leafs.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:45 PM
H2ODP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
ya i agree man, this whole thread is a jk, exaggerations on both sides, Kassian win forsure. It was just tough to ignore the orr punching bag thing. But i agree that leaf fans need to realize when their fighter loses when its a bad fight or good fight. And i absolutely love the leafs.
The fight doesn't even matter in the end, you guys won the game

Old
04-21-2013, 01:46 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Keep on believing that if you wish.. I'm sure it's hard to accept the lowly leafs handed the Sens their ***** all year.

Quote:
I've probably mentioned this at least 10 times on these forums, but it's pretty hard for Neil to hold on for dear life when he's out throwing Orr to an approximate 15 to 2 margin in punches. So please, stop using that as an excuse. Chris Neil won his fight as strategic just as Kassian did last night. Accept it and move on.
If you want to call little rabbit punches while he's holding onto Orr's jersey the entire time "throwing punches" than sure. I don't call those punches.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Mr Manks
Do it for Rundblad

I heard Mclaren is injured. He has an upperbody injury courtesy of Kassian

Mr Manks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 01:53 PM
H2ODP

Quote:
Keep on believing that if you wish.. I'm sure it's hard to accept the lowly leafs handed the Sens their ***** all year.

If you want to call little rabbit punches while he's holding onto Orr's jersey the entire time "throwing punches" than sure. I don't call those punches.
Please, lay off the homerism a tad..

Old
04-21-2013, 01:54 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turris7 View Post
I heard Mclaren is injured. He has an upperbody injury courtesy of Kassian
Some kind of arm injury.. probably a shoulder. If you continued watching the game as the teams went into the dressing room you would have seen that.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:55 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Please, lay off the homerism a tad..
It isn't homerism. The only fans that think that fight was anything other than a hugging match is Sens fans. The fact that you think Orr of all people was holding onto Neil of all people is absurd. Orr doesn't play D... he's all in every fight no matter who it is.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:57 PM
JuicyJ*

Mclaren was fighting like an idiot

JuicyJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 01:58 PM
H2ODP

Quote:
It isn't homerism. The only fans that think that fight was anything other than a hugging match is Sens fans. The fact that you think Orr of all people was holding onto Neil of all people is absurd. Orr doesn't play D... he's all in every fight no matter who it is.
I never said the fight was amazing, it was an average fight.. Anyway, why does it matter? You lost the fight, won the game.. who cares? Move on.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:18 PM
TieClark

Quote:
I never said the fight was amazing, it was an average fight.. Anyway, why does it matter? You lost the fight, won the game.. who cares? Move on.
I'm well past it... you're the one that called it a "coward move" because he "didn't want to be embarrassed".