HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who else is excited for Playoffs?

Old
04-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Coldplay
Courage

vCash: 500
Who else is excited for Playoffs?

I've been a fan for a million years, and I can't recall ever feeling this optimistic about the playoffs as this year.

When the season began my expectations were in check. After all, we are playing several kids who obviously didn't need that much time to develop and learn the NHL speed and nuances. Our defense was still small although on a plus side, we did get a better PK Subban back to help us climb to the top of our division and shock the league (Expected better things from Diaz after a solid first season in North America).

Prust was a gritty addition, and even at 192 pounds of pure heart, surely you can expect him to take on anyone. And he has to because "Moen" needs someone to share the burden with and we needed to add some grit to the bottom-6 of the roster. We also added another good bottom-6 forward during the offseason, Colby Armstrong.

But then we started winning, so maybe TennisMenace misjudged our talent and our coach's ability to inspire greatness.

And now......

Reality still hasn't set in. Our team is going through a bad stretch and we've been exposed, just like any other team during a bad stretch. Our so-called "weaknesses" haven't caught up to us and we're still tied for the divison lead a full year after being the laughingstock of the league. Even Rene Bourque and our two young players from last year (Eller and Subban) have improved big time this year, which now leads us to this day.

We all know the playoffs is more about scoring goals, playing NHL-calibre defense, winning the 5-5 battles (less penalties are called), intensity, and great goaltending. Does any of this sound like a team not currently leading the Northeast division and not called the Montreal Canadiens?

Honestly, if the season were 82 games, I bet we're still challenging for the divison. After all, the 8th place team is only 9 pts away from us, which can vanish in two weeks time very easily (especially because there is so much parity in the NHL and the way they (Rangers) are playing).

Conclusion: I guess I am happy for the short season and for us proving everyone wrong (after the joke that was last year). I will be shocked if we don't win a playoff series or even two for that matter. I hope guys like PK, Gallagher, Eller, and Gally (our future) kill out there. Maybe next year they will be the big brothers watching out for their welfare such as Tinordi, Beaulieu, and Dumont. I hope I'm right, and I probably am.

GO HABS GO!

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:30 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

The only way we actually win anything is if this team has really sucked the last 5 games on purpose...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:31 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Montreal remains a magical place when it comes to playoff time. Whether it's first seed or 8th seed, it's always an intimidating place to go and team to play against. I still believe they can show us a good time.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:32 PM
BoNeS42

I see what you did there.

BoNeS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones42 View Post
i see what you did there.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:39 PM
JohnLennon

Things to be optimistic about:

1) This team has looked dominant many times this season, and has shown it can come back after facing adversity

2) We are a team with a very deep offense, 3 lines can score at any time and the fourth line chips in as well.

3) Remember that season where Price got new equipment and pretty much sucked in the pre-season and had everyone worried? He bounced back very well. Also, if there is a single calm, cool, and focused goaltender in the league, it is him. I'm confident he will bounce back from this.

4) We have lots of playoff veterans on this team: Gionta and Moen have won Stanley Cups; Bouillon, Plekanec, Gorges and Markov have lots of experience as well. This combination of youth and rookies as well as veterans and Cup winners is really important for the playoffs.

Not to mention, veterans tend to elevate their level of play in the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised to see Moen, Plekanec and Gionta look like completely different players. There is lots to be excited about but I'll stop for now. Playoffs will be awesome!

JohnLennon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Hack a bubble

Same. Can't wait for the electricity in the city! Also, I can't wait to see how the kids (the Gallys & Eller) will react during these playoffs. Whatever the outcome is, it will be good for their experience.

Hack a bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Dont Poke Subban
Fall is coming

Not happy with this bad stretch, gotta admit, but I cannot wait for the playoffs! I think the team will get their **** together. I just refuse to overreact about our play the last 2 weeks. I mean, I guarantee 2-3 years from now, we're not going to look back and say, 2012-13 was a bad year.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:44 PM
HeShootsHeScores

And also les fantomes du Centre Bell, the HNIC intros, the all around crazy atmosphere all over the province, the players entrance in the first home game. Can't wait!

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

And people can't get excited

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Conclusion: I guess I am happy for the short season and for us proving everyone wrong (after the joke that was last year).
GO HABS GO!
Last year was probably the best season of the team in the last 15 years and a first step in the right direction. I am extremely happy that Galchenyuk is a Habs today. Last year was a total success for me.

Mario Lemieux fan 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:47 PM
BoNeS42

Anything can happen really. We've seen it many times. And if there's a situation the Habs perform well as, it's being the underdog.

Carey Price has been absolute crap over the past 2 weeks... Yeah so what, this kid is a stud and if anything he'll just get back on his feet and carry us (no pun intended).

Same can be said about almost all our players. Really, this is the best time for this to happen. Better now then in the first 3 games of the playoffs right?

Old
04-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Alaix
I believe.

Reason why Habs fan can't get excited anymore....

Reason why Habs fan should now get excited

Alaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:56 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
Not happy with this bad stretch, gotta admit, but I cannot wait for the playoffs! I think the team will get their **** together. I just refuse to overreact about our play the last 2 weeks. I mean, I guarantee 2-3 years from now, we're not going to look back and say, 2012-13 was a bad year.
2012-13 may not have been a bad year, but an erratic, if bounceback, one.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:11 PM
deandebean

It's the playoffs. Of course, it's exciting. Those who can't get excited about the playoffs and get excited by a regular season need to get their heads checked.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:17 PM
BeBen*

People on here really need to take a whole prescription of chill pills

I've been avoiding the GDT like the plague cause you people are more annoying than how the team's played in the last few games

We're in the playoffs, regardless of if we finish 2nd or 4th we'd face a team we had problems against in the regular season except for maybe if the Rangers win enough to snag the 7th place and we finished 2nd

Last 4 games mean jack ****, that's not how this team is, and it's not how this team will be in the playoffs, playoffs are a whole new season

You guys have the shortest memory ever, it's incredible

No one expected us to win series against the Bruins, Caps or Pens in the last 10 years we made the playoffs

2 bad streaks of 3-4 games in a 48 games season clearly isn't much since we're contending for the division lead and the 2nd spot in the conference

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:18 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post

Lol. Nice play my man.

This by far is your best post ever. I wonder why? Lol

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Et le But

NHL playoffs, anything can happen.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:20 PM
BoNeS42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
People on here really need to take a whole prescription of chill pills

I've been avoiding the GDT like the plague cause you people are more annoying than how the team's played in the last few games

We're in the playoffs, regardless of if we finish 2nd or 4th we'd face a team we had problems against in the regular season except for maybe if the Rangers win enough to snag the 7th place and we finished 2nd

Last 4 games mean jack ****, that's not how this team is, and it's not how this team will be in the playoffs, playoffs are a whole new season

You guys have the shortest memory ever, it's incredible

No one expected us to win series against the Bruins, Caps or Pens in the last 10 years we made the playoffs

2 bad streaks of 3-4 games in a 48 games season clearly isn't much since we're contending for the division lead and the 2nd spot in the conference
Me thinks you should've posted this in the emo thread, not the positive one.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
2012-13 may not have been a bad year, but an erratic, if bounceback, one.
you mean.. 2013-13?

Habbybirthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:23 PM
sharks9

Although I'm starting to get a bit nervous, we still have 3 games left and I think we'll bounce back and be ready to go for a (hopefully) long playoff run!

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Top Corner2

One thing is for sure the playoffs and the regular season are very different.

I'm glad that we will have had a slump by the time we play in the playoffs....I just hope we can get our game on track & woop the Laffs!!

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:44 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Lol. Nice play my man.

This by far is your best post ever. I wonder why? Lol
You got it man, haha.