HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WJC: USA beats Slovakia 5-0

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2003, 11:48 AM
Brodeur

vCash: 500
WJC: USA beats Slovakia 5-0

http://tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story.asp?id=65832

A 3 point game for Parise.....

Old
12-28-2003, 01:04 PM
rtafts

Send a message via MSN to rtafts
I have to say, Parise is looking amazing in this tournament.

Last edited by rtafts: 12-28-2003 at 01:09 PM.
Old
12-28-2003, 01:55 PM
Blackjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtafts
I have to say, Parise is looking amazing in this tournament.
Wow, that's 4 goals and 4 assists in 2 games for Parise. Friggen unbelievable. I think he could be our best forward prospect since we picked Bill Guerin in '89. Maybe even better...

Old
12-28-2003, 04:19 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
How in the hell did he ever slip down to 17th and thank God Lou moved up to grab him, might be one of his best moves yet. And the Islanders passed him up to draft Robert Nilsson 15th, they might eventually regret that, but to be fair Iv'e never seen Nilsson play.

Old
12-28-2003, 05:46 PM
NJDevs430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
How in the hell did he ever slip down to 17th....
Simply put, he was "over"looked because of his height.
Many of the players that went higher than him are bigger players.
When I saw North Dakota play Princeton last year, Parise was one player who caught my eye. I had figured at the time that he would be taken by the time the Devils picked. Luckily for me, Lou noticed him too...and no one else did.
}:-)>

Old
12-29-2003, 03:53 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs430
Simply put, he was "over"looked because of his height.
Many of the players that went higher than him are bigger players.
When I saw North Dakota play Princeton last year, Parise was one player who caught my eye. I had figured at the time that he would be taken by the time the Devils picked. Luckily for me, Lou noticed him too...and no one else did.
}:-)>

Was it the 5 assist night, asissting on EVERY UND goal that caught your eye

Old
12-29-2003, 06:11 PM
Vanya

Quote:
How in the hell did he ever slip down to 17th and thank God Lou moved up to grab him, might be one of his best moves yet. And the Islanders passed him up to draft Robert Nilsson 15th, they might eventually regret that, but to be fair Iv'e never seen Nilsson play.
A friend of mine works for the Isles and all he kept saying after the draft is "there's a reason why he fell to 17, there's a reason..." over and over. I asked him for that reason and he couldn't answer it, just kept saying "there's a reason." And then went on and on about Nilsson and wouldn't hear me gloat about Parise.

Well what the **** is the reason?!?!?! Because things are looking quite good from here...

Old
12-29-2003, 06:21 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Vanya
A friend of mine works for the Isles and all he kept saying after the draft is "there's a reason why he fell to 17, there's a reason..." over and over. I asked him for that reason and he couldn't answer it, just kept saying "there's a reason." And then went on and on about Nilsson and wouldn't hear me gloat about Parise.

Well what the **** is the reason?!?!?! Because things are looking quite good from here...
It sounds like your friend was trying to convince himself there was a reason for the Isles passing him up, and when you tried talking Parise up he didn't want to hear it because the truth hurts. Denial is a tough emotion to beat.

Old
12-29-2003, 06:24 PM
Vanya

Quote:
It sounds like your friend was trying to convince himself there was a reason for the Isles passing him up, and when you tried talking Parise up he didn't want to hear it because the truth hurts. Denial is a tough emotion to beat.
It sure is...

There's a reason why he fell... there's a reason...

Maybe cause we was born to be a winner...

Old
12-29-2003, 06:29 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Vanya
It sure is...

There's a reason why he fell... there's a reason...

Maybe cause we was born to be a winner...
That's it I can't wait any longer, bring him up now. Can't remember when I was so excited about a young player.

Old
12-29-2003, 08:20 PM
rtafts

Quote:
That's it I can't wait any longer, bring him up now. Can't remember when I was so excited about a young player.
No! Let him develop! When's the last time a Devil's prospect this good has been brought in right away? But I don't even know if we've ever had a prospect this good.

Old
12-30-2003, 03:54 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
No! Let him develop! When's the last time a Devil's prospect this good has been brought in right away? But I don't even know if we've ever had a prospect this good.
Scott Gomez, David Hale, Paul Martin, Scott Neidermayer

Old
12-30-2003, 04:52 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
I was being facetious. And when we do finally sign him I'll be shocked if he spends one minute down in Albany.

Old
12-30-2003, 05:39 AM
QcS

Parise was very very impressive last year too in the tournament.. his line with Dustin Brown and Nilson was easily the best for the States and one of the best in the tournament.

I have no clue what scouts were watching when they all decided to pass him up.. i guess the mentality that a small player cannot play in the NHL is still there.. even after guys like St-Louis and Briere.

Old
12-30-2003, 07:26 AM
PEli*

Interesting Parise read posted by Rabid Ranger on the WJC Tourney board...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hock...sa-parise_x.htm

Old
12-30-2003, 08:33 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leph28
Parise was very very impressive last year too in the tournament.. his line with Dustin Brown and Nilson was easily the best for the States and one of the best in the tournament.

I have no clue what scouts were watching when they all decided to pass him up.. i guess the mentality that a small player cannot play in the NHL is still there.. even after guys like St-Louis and Briere.
Nilson really impressed me against me the Devils last season. Definately a guy worth keeping a close eye on as he didn't look out of place at all in the majority of his games against NJ. Matter of fact he was the best player for Florida in several of them. I look at it as a good omen that Milbury passed on Parise at the draft along with everyone else. History is on our side whenever he gets impatient and goes for the next "Big" thing like Diepetro at the expense of Luongo.

Old
12-30-2003, 08:35 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
"Parise has been the Americans' most prolific scorer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEli
Interesting Parise read posted by Rabid Ranger on the WJC Tourney board...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hock...sa-parise_x.htm
Couldn't get your link to work. This one is a go though:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...a-parise_x.htm

Parise provides needed spark for USA
By Alan Adams, special for USA TODAY

HAMEENLINNA, Finland — You know things are going your way when you're credited with a goal without even touching the puck.

That's what happened to Team USA forward Zach Parise, who is one of the keys if not the key player, on a team favored to win the world junior championships.

The University of North Dakota center was on the ice when Brady Murray (also from North Dakota) split the Slovak defense and scored in Sunday's 5-0 victory. Parise went to the referee after it was announced he scored the goal and also sought out the official after the game to make doubly sure that credit went where it was due.

His efforts were in vain. The official summary credited Parise with his fourth goal.

"I feel bad for Brady," Parise said Monday. "It is not my goal, and I do not want it."

Parise has been the Americans' most prolific scorer in the 10-country tournament, which features the world's top teens. He has four goals and six points in two games and trails Canada's Anthony Stewart by a point in scoring.

Old
12-30-2003, 01:28 PM
NJDraft

It's hard to say what the high end of Parise's abilities will be. If he enters the NHL at a legit 5'10,185 and has enough size around him I see him as a successful , productive #2 Brendan Morrison type center [without the attitude].

I've seen him campared to Kariya and LaFontaine but he doesn't have their kind of speed and he's more of a playmaker.

It looks like US v. Canada as both will prob.win their groups.

Old
12-30-2003, 01:49 PM
rtafts

4 goals and 2 assists in 2 games...man...

and Hale was drafted in 2000, same as Martin. I think the Devils rushed Gomez, he started out amazing, but has declined ever since. And they brought in Nieds in 1991, because he just that damn good.

Closed Thread