HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 45: Blues at Colorado –*Blues playoff magic number is 2

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 02:09 PM
TimtheDJ84*

vCash: 500
Let's go Blues!! Do you think it is more conceivable that LA catches the Ducks or that they fall to 6th?

Old
04-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Are Jaskin and Russell playing?

Old
04-21-2013, 02:21 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheDJ84 View Post
Let's go Blues!! Do you think it is more conceivable that LA catches the Ducks or that they fall to 6th?
Anaheim's magic number to clinch division is 4 over LA and 3 over San Jose (LA would win tiebreaker, San Jose would lose tiebreaker). Anaheim has four games left. They're a virtual lock for their division and the 2 seed, as their magic number over Vancouver is also 4.

It's more likely LA falls to 6th. The Blues could easily pass LA as the Blues have a softer schedule (Hawks probably resting guys final game too). San Jose and LA play each other heads up final game, and that game may determine who the Blues play in round 1 for the second consecutive year.

LA (Sun, Tues, Wed, Sat): vs. DAL, @MIN, @DET, vs. SJ
SJ (Sun, Tues, Wed, Sat): vs. CBJ, vs. DAL, @PHX, @LA
STL (Sun, Tues, Thurs, Sat): @COL, vs. COL, vs. CGY, vs. CHI

By the way, Vancouver's magic number over Minnesota for the third seed is 3. An unlikely Calgary victory in Minnesota tonight could make that 1 or 2.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:24 PM
TimtheDJ84*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Anaheim's magic number to clinch division is 4 over LA and 3 over San Jose (LA would win tiebreaker, San Jose would lose tiebreaker). Anaheim has four games left. They're a virtual lock for their division and the 2 seed, as their magic number over Vancouver is also 4.

It's more likely LA falls to 6th. The Blues could easily pass LA as the Blues have a softer schedule (Hawks probably resting guys final game too). San Jose and LA play each other heads up final game, and that game may determine who the Blues play in round 1.

LA (Sun, Tues, Wed, Sat): vs. DAL, @MIN, @DET, vs. SJ
SJ (Sun, Tues, Wed, Sat): vs. CBJ, vs. DAL, @PHX, @LA
STL (Sun, Tues, Thurs, Sat): @COL, vs. COL, vs. CGY, vs. CHI

By the way, Vancouver's magic number over Minnesota for the third seed is 3. An unlikely Calgary victory in Minnesota tonight could make that 1 or 2.
A part of me wants to avoid LA round one,but another wants to get that revenge,crush them,and avoid another playoff matchup with San Jose. It would be sweet to play Van., and I think the last 2 cup winners were the ones who took them out? That said,I just cannot root for my good ol St.Louie Blues to lose.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:27 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

A 4-5 with San Jose is the ideal matchup. Blues fans IMO should be rooting hard for Dallas over LA and San Jose over Columbus tonight. It should be a pretty exciting hockey night all around.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Steve Doan
RIP Oscar

looks like olver wont be playing for them tonight

Old
04-21-2013, 02:29 PM
TimtheDJ84*

Quote:
A 4-5 with San Jose is the ideal matchup. Blues fans IMO should be rooting hard for Dallas over LA and San Jose over Columbus tonight. It should be a pretty exciting hockey night all around.
I'm just tired of SJ..goes back to when they were an 8 and took us out..I was at the game we won,listening to 20,000 chant you are ugly @ Mike Ricci..feeling the time for new memories!

Old
04-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Blanick
Winter is coming

According to the man on radio. Cracknell is coming out and Jaskin is going in. Also Schwartz will drop to the forth line so they can get a look at Jaskin with some more skilled players. Not a reflection on Schwartz play.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:36 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheDJ84 View Post
I'm just tired of SJ..goes back to when they were an 8 and took us out..I was at the game we won,listening to 20,000 chant you are ugly @ Mike Ricci..feeling the time for new memories!
I'm tired of not winning the Cup more than any particular matchup. You win four rounds against anybody you are the best. I don't care what the Gloriest Glory Route is. Save that for the second Cup, that way you'll have something to root for later after the glow of the first Cup fades a little.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:39 PM
David Pirahna

Although Colorado overpaid for EJ and I like Shatty/Stewart, it still grinds my gears when I see Erik Johnson and think about how Toews would've looked wearing a Blue Note

Old
04-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Steve Doan
RIP Oscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Pirahna View Post
Although Colorado overpaid for EJ and I like Shatty/Stewart, it still grinds my gears when I see Erik Johnson and think about how Toews would've looked wearing a Blue Note
Hindsight is 20/20

Old
04-21-2013, 02:41 PM
TimtheDJ84*

Quote:
I'm tired of not winning the Cup more than any particular matchup. You win four rounds against anybody you are the best. I don't care what the Gloriest Glory Route is. Save that for the second Cup, that way you'll have something to root for later after the glow of the first Cup fades a little.
Fair enough,what happens happens,still never going to root for the team to lose,that's for sure.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:42 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanick View Post
According to the man on radio. Cracknell is coming out and Jaskin is going in. Also Schwartz will drop to the forth line so they can get a look at Jaskin with some more skilled players. Not a reflection on Schwartz play.
I like Schwartz playing with Jaskin, but I don't like Cracknell coming out. Here's Hitchcock talking about the need to get fresh bodies in there and it's Cracknell whose body needs the rest? He must've changed his mind on the whole fresh bodies thing.

If Russell gets in, gotta figure Leopold rests unless Jackman/Polak are banged up and can use it.

So ...

Perron-Backes-Steen
McDonald/Porter-Berglund-Stewart
Porter/McDonald-Sobotka-Tarasenko
Reaves-Schwartz-Jaskin

??

Old
04-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Steve Doan
RIP Oscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanick View Post
If this is true, I'm starting to lose confidence in hitch. Yes, developing our young players at the NHL level is important, but that 4th line has been too good for us. Why not put him in peoria where he can get top line minutes and actually make a difference. He added absolutely nothing in the vancouver game. Personally I think playing him,over Cracknell, hurts us.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:50 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
I like Schwartz playing with Jaskin, but I don't like Cracknell coming out. Here's Hitchcock talking about the need to get fresh bodies in there and it's Cracknell whose body needs the rest? He must've changed his mind on the whole fresh bodies thing.

If Russell gets in, gotta figure Leopold rests unless Jackman/Polak are banged up and can use it.

So ...

Perron-Backes-Steen
McDonald/Porter-Berglund-Stewart
Porter/McDonald-Sobotka-Tarasenko
Reaves-Schwartz-Jaskin

??
if I understood it right he meant Jaskin will take Schwartz' top9 role and Jaden get on the 4th line for Cracknell

Old
04-21-2013, 02:52 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
If this is true, I'm starting to lose confidence in hitch. Yes, developing our young players at the NHL level is important, but that 4th line has been too good for us. Why not put him in peoria where he can get top line minutes and actually make a difference. He added absolutely nothing in the vancouver game. Personally I think playing him,over Cracknell, hurts us.
Well Peoria's season is over.

I do agree that taking Cracknell out again is puzzling. You read JR's article today and Hitch is all over it talking about guys needing rest. But Cracknell is one of the last forwards who needs rest. Maybe the radio report is incorrect, also too.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Steve Doan
RIP Oscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
if I understood it right he meant Jaskin will take Schwartz' top9 role and Jaden get on the 4th line for Cracknell
no. he said cracknell will be coming out and Schwartz will go to the 4th line with Jaskin. Schwartz isn't leaving the lineup ever, aside from rest.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:57 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
Aha, yes you're right, that's how it reads. So a 4th line of Schwartz-Porter-Reaves.

Some possibilities for top three:

Perron-Backes-Jaskin
McDonald-Berglund-Stewart
Steen-Sobotka-Tarasenko

Perron-Backes-Stewart
McDonald-Berglund-Jaskin
Steen-Sobotka-Tarasenko

Perron-Backes-Tarasenko
McDonald-Berglund-Stewart
Steen-Sobotka-Jaskin

Perron-Backes-Stewart
Steen-Berglund-Tarasenko
McDonald-Sobotka-Jaskin

Old
04-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Who's starting in net for you guys this evening? Any word?

Old
04-21-2013, 03:00 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Pretty sure it's Elliott. No more back-to-backs and they're still clawing for playoff position.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Steve Doan
RIP Oscar

Quote:
Well Peoria's season is over.

I do agree that taking Cracknell out again is puzzling. You read JR's article today and Hitch is all over it talking about guys needing rest. But Cracknell is one of the last forwards who needs rest. Maybe the radio report is incorrect, also too.
O, should have known that, but if we are gong to give guys rest, why not start with tarasenko? Not that his play warrants it, but he has played the most games out of anyone on our roster, and you could put jaskin in for him if you really want jaskin to play with more skilled player. It just seems like they are really high on jaskin if what the man on the radio said is the case.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:46 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

LOL I think the NHL & the Blues realized due specifically to my *****ing that they had the wrong magic numbers for Blues. Ya Ma Goo.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Steve Doan
RIP Oscar

Quote:
LOL I think the NHL & the Blues realized due specifically to my *****ing that they had the wrong magic numbers for Blues. Ya Ma Goo.
kerber probably told them that he needed to get you off his ass.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:14 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
kerber probably told them that he needed to get you off his ass.
Yeah I get why it sucks if you're just repeating what the NHL is telling you and then fans are telling you you're wrong, but on the other hand wrong is actually wrong, and it's a legitimate point to make.

Lou Korac seemed to take exception for me warning him before tweeting the wrong info but I'm not sure those guys understand the frustration of actually knowing the math and constantly hearing announcers/reporters botch narratives out of math not being well understood. It happens constantly with nearly every single announcer/reporter, and it's like nails on a chalkboard for someone whose crime is knowing the right math. In this culture it's a far greater sin to point out errors than to make the errors.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
Yeah I get why it sucks if you're just repeating what the NHL is telling you and then fans are telling you you're wrong, but on the other hand wrong is actually wrong, and it's a legitimate point to make.

Lou Korac seemed to take exception for me warning him before tweeting the wrong info but I'm not sure those guys understand the frustration of actually knowing the math and constantly hearing announcers/reporters botch narratives out of math not being well understood. It happens constantly with nearly every single announcer/reporter, and it's like nails on a chalkboard for someone whose crime is knowing the right math. In this culture it's a far greater sin to point out errors than to make the errors.
I get the frustration, but at this point in my life I have grown to accept that the media is a mouthpiece. They do little these days in the way of fact checking. I always try to figure out what is worth reading/listening to and what needs to be tuned out. Frustration seems to be limited when I use that strategy.

Closed Thread