Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Around the League, Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Resurrection

vCash: 50
This is like poker, and the Jets are losing more and more outs. It's looking down to Senators and Capitals. Ugh

Old
04-21-2013, 03:53 PM
shatner_rules
You're in Trouba

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperRockChamp View Post
I am happy for Leafs fans who have stuck though all of this. Congrats. I was with you for many of those years until I got my team back.
Ditto. Congrats to making the playoffs.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:02 PM
SnowblindNYR

Hey guys would have loved for you to make the playoffs. I think you still can. If it makes you guys feel better we have an around the league thread titled something like "no help from the out of town scoreboard". All of the teams that we need to lose (including the Jets) keep winning. I had a conniption when I saw yesterday's game go into OT.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Maybe the jets shouldn't have got tuned by the caps on those back to back games.
Then you all wouldn't be worried about the out of town scoreboard
Excellent analysis John Madden.

"If, uh, they had won more games and the other teams lost more games they'd be in the playoffs."

Brilliant.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Excellent analysis John Madden.

"If, uh, they had won more games and the other teams lost more games they'd be in the playoffs."

Brilliant.
You are right
It is brilliant
Thanks for noticing

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
04-21-2013, 04:33 PM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
You are right
It is brilliant
Thanks for noticing
Everyone likes to be a jackass and say the "way to state the obvious" crap. But you are right, that's where this season was lost, even a split puts us in excellent position. People can be smart alecs all they want, but if the Jets came ready to play those two nights (and they played their worst two games in the two most important games) we wouldn't be here.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
Everyone likes to be a jackass and say the "way to state the obvious" crap. But you are right, that's where this season was lost, even a split puts us in excellent position. People can be smart alecs all they want, but if the Jets came ready to play those two nights (and they played their worst two games in the two most important games) we wouldn't be here.
No point in being a jackass and going over the past. There were games that the Jets should have been more competitive, but by the same token then there were games that they weren't expected to be competitive and somehow won. This is a thread where we are watching the out of town scoreboards. That's what we are doing. That's why the thread exists. If you don't like us doing it, discussing it, think you are above it, then don't comment in it, at least not with the intent of 'mocking' those who are are interested in what's going on around the league.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:42 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Looks like NJD is as useless as ever. Oh well.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:49 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Looks like NJD is as useless as ever. Oh well.
If you thought our 5-game skid was bad, NJ went on a 10-game skid too deep to recover from. Started the season 8-3-1. Back in March they were ahead of the Jets and a few people were lamenting that Ponikarovsky was producing on a team that we were chasing in the standings.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:51 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
If you thought our 5-game skid was bad, NJ went on a 10-game skid too deep to recover from. Started the season 8-3-1. Back in March they were ahead of the Jets and a few people were lamenting that Ponikarovsky was producing on a team that we were chasing in the standings.
I remember all of that. All it took was for Brodeur to tweak his back and Kovalchuk to hurt himself for them to fall this hard.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:53 PM
thereturn

Cue the comeback

Old
04-21-2013, 04:57 PM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
No point in being a jackass and going over the past. There were games that the Jets should have been more competitive, but by the same token then there were games that they weren't expected to be competitive and somehow won. This is a thread where we are watching the out of town scoreboards. That's what we are doing. That's why the thread exists. If you don't like us doing it, discussing it, think you are above it, then don't comment in it, at least not with the intent of 'mocking' those who are are interested in what's going on around the league.
I enjoy the thread as well, but not people mocking others by making really sarcastic remarks (which is what was done to Woody) and not stating anything about what's going on around the league.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:00 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
I enjoy the thread as well, but not people mocking others by making really sarcastic remarks.
When the same astute observation gets parroted ad nauseum, it's tough to treat it with any dignity.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Savagestevo

Quote:
I enjoy the thread as well, but not people mocking others by making really sarcastic remarks (which is what was done to Woody) and not stating anything about what's going on around the league.
I think people have just heard that enough times at this point, it's said every couple of pages.

Yeah, the Jets lost those two games against Washington. Yeah, they went on a 5 game losing streak and yeah if neither of those things happened they wouldn't need so much help in getting in to the playoffs. We all realize that, but the reality of it is that those things happened and I don't get the point in continuously bringing it up.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:14 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
I remember all of that. All it took was for Brodeur to tweak his back and Kovalchuk to hurt himself for them to fall this hard.
Yeah I mean the Jets get criticized for not having enough scoring depth, but our offense looks a bit deeper than NJ where they are just short a guy or two who have speed and threaten... T-29 worst goals for in the league.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:19 PM
DespoticNewt

So, the Wild are currently treating the Flames like road pylons on a driving test. I'm certain that they'll be glad when the season is over.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Jet
Confirmed Pav Basher

Honestly, I am tiring of bringing this up. I know there is a high level of stress on the boards right now but I am starting to warn/ infract/ threadban people who insist on commenting on the posting habits of others.

It is AGAINST THE RULES. Here is what is within the rules:

- If you think someone is flaming, trolling or otherwise violating the rules, use the exclamation mark within the yield sign at the bottom of the post to report it.

If you do not like what is happening in a thread or its subject matter but it is within the rules, use the X on the top right corner of the description box on the main page. The thread will be ignored.

Finally, if you do not like what a poster has to say and you find them often irritating you, and you can't resist the urge to break the rules in response to them, ignore the poster.

There are plenty of tools here to make the experience good for all on this forum. If you insist on breaking the rules you won't be afforded any more good will, especially on the attacking the poster front.

Thank you.

04-21-2013, 05:23 PM
thereturn

Those Wash losses were brutal, and if you told me at the time that this would be where our season takes a nosedive, I wouldn't have been surprised. However, if you told me that we'd go 7-5-1 in our next 13, I would've thought we'd be in a better position than were currently are. It has been exceptionally rough on the Out of Towns.

At least yesterday the boys got a taste of what playoff hockey is like (other than the shootout, of course). Win tomorrow, and you get to play another playoff game Tuesday.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Jet
Confirmed Pav Basher

On the thread topic: it has been very frustrating to see the Jets put together such a good run and still be on the outside looking in.

I have to agree it looks like our last best chance is to beat out the Sens for that final spot (never thought that would be possible). We have to hope that the Caps beat them (yuck) and we have to win out. It's not over yet but man it's sure getting close.

I do have to admit, all I asked for this year from the team is to be there right to the bitter end, so even if they do miss out, after the disappointment dissipates, I will be proud of the team and happy with the progression this season. I think we will be in good shape to be a bona fide playoff contender next season either way.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:29 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
On the thread topic: it has been very frustrating to see the Jets put together such a good run and still be on the outside looking in.

I have to agree it looks like our last best chance is to beat out the Sens for that final spot (never thought that would be possible). We have to hope that the Caps beat them (yuck) and we have to win out. It's not over yet but man it's sure getting close.

I do have to admit, all I asked for this year from the team is to be there right to the bitter end, so even if they do miss out, after the disappointment dissipates, I will be proud of the team and happy with the progression this season. I think we will be in good shape to be a bona fide playoff contender next season either way.
Agreed with all of it, but highlighted the best part. This certainly beats the 2 weeks last season where the Jets were mathematically out of it and the games had no more meaning. The Jets still have a chance with 3 games left. This is an exciting time, and next season will only get better. Hello, based Mark and Jacob.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:29 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
It really is something else that every team that needs to keep winning, keeps ****ing winning. Even our only loss got us a point.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Savagestevo

Quote:
I have to agree it looks like our last best chance is to beat out the Sens for that final spot (never thought that would be possible). We have to hope that the Caps beat them (yuck) .
Yeah the Senators are pretty much the only team who have really slowed down in this stretch run. Everyone else is on this ridiculous streak making it impossible to catch up. As for the bolded, if the Jets beat the Capitals Washington losing would work as well, basically what the Jets have to hope for is for that game to end in regulation, if it goes to overtime that's the worst possible outcome.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:32 PM
DespoticNewt

Haha. The Mild have been outplaying the Flames, but the Flames score the first goal. That song sounds familiar.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:34 PM
JCJet
The kid is alright

vCash: 1029
Quote:

Yup, agreed.
All I can ask for is for the jets to play there hearts out and if we don't make it, well, we can be proud of the team tsn had predicted to place 14th in the east to be that close to the playoffs.

It feels good though to be in this close of a playoff race with less than a week left in the season! Make us proud jets!

Old
04-21-2013, 05:37 PM
surixon

Quote:

Agreed, while I will be dissapointed if they don't make it, I will be happy with the progress. After going through what we have the last month I think our core now understands what it takes to get in and that should serve them well next year.

Closed Thread