HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Game 45: Blues at Colorado *Blues playoff magic number is 2

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 03:45 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 1691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
I get the frustration, but at this point in my life I have grown to accept that the media is a mouthpiece. They do little these days in the way of fact checking. I always try to figure out what is worth reading/listening to and what needs to be tuned out. Frustration seems to be limited when I use that strategy.
The problem is the people who listen to everything the media says and just accepts what they say as fact.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
The problem is the people who listen to everything the media says and just accepts what they say as fact.
The same strategy is effective there too. Although, if it is a person I like or care about then I might take the time to play an informative role.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:57 PM
Steve Doan
Portugal. The Man

vCash: 50
Facebook and Twitter is really the only media these days. I got most my info on the boston marathon bombers from right here on hf, the news media is way behind these days.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:14 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
God I hope olver is playing for them..... Payback time from tarasenko.
Olver hasn't even been playing recently and probably won't tonight either. You people need to let it go, that's way in the past and it's not even worth responding too now. He's a scrub player anyways, just play the game and get points.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Steve Doan
Portugal. The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Olver hasn't even been playing recently and probably won't tonight either. You people need to let it go, that's way in the past and it's not even worth responding too now. He's a scrub player anyways, just play the game and get points.
I already posted that he won't be playing, but thanks anyway. And in sports, the past doesn't matter. If you wrong someone on a hockey rink, they won't ever forget it. Whether its tonight or in the future, someone on the blues will be going after him, Hitch practically said it after the hit.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:32 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Well, yes, one option is to cynically tune everything out because reliable information is harder to find.

But short of that abdicatory shrug & give up option (sometimes attitudinally accompanied by a contempt for anyone who doesn't also abdicate), yeah, if it's any narrative I'm interested in and the mistakes are like nails on a chalkboard to me, I'll probably get involved and comment on it.

For me this is a superior option to just ignoring everything. I understand why others do prefer to ignore everything (which in all honesty is the option most everyday people choose), I just prefer for myself to stay engaged. A lot of different subjects are anywhere from interests to passions for me and I believe when you stop having those things in your life you start to get old and die. That doesn't mean passions can't be private, just that mine aren't. Culture, entertainment, current events and politics all interest me and those are public things. The consequences for me would be more than just ignoring information sources, they'd mean detaching from my interests/passions and starting to get old fast.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:34 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
I already posted that he won't be playing, but thanks anyway. And in sports, the past doesn't matter. If you wrong someone on a hockey rink, they won't ever forget it. Whether its tonight or in the future, someone on the blues will be going after him, Hitch practically said it after the hit.
k I'm glad you are here to inform us of what is going on in the minds of every Blues player on the roster.

I'm just SO sure the Blues will be going after Olver next season just like they did with Joe Thornton.

Keep dreaming bud, the Blues have better things to worry about than a 4th-line player on one of the worst teams in the NHL. You need to look at reality here.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Fluff Master
Registered n00b

What time is the game? Did it change from 7 to 6? Thanks in advance.. Playoffs.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:43 PM
Steve Doan
Portugal. The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff Master View Post
What time is the game? Did it change from 7 to 6? Thanks in advance.. Playoffs.
6 MDT, so 7pm here. On NBCSN

Old
04-21-2013, 04:47 PM
Steve Doan
Portugal. The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
k I'm glad you are here to inform us of what is going on in the minds of every Blues player on the roster.

I'm just SO sure the Blues will be going after Olver next season just like they did with Joe Thornton.

Keep dreaming bud, the Blues have better things to worry about than a 4th-line player on one of the worst teams in the NHL. You need to look at reality here.
I am looking at reality, thats why I'm going to quote an article from the day after the hit,

Quote:
Asked about whether the Blues should have retaliated to the hit when it happened Wednesday, Hitchcock replied: "It's a long season. It's a long season."

Old
04-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Fluff Master
Registered n00b

Quote:
6 MDT, so 7pm here. On NBCSN
K thanks, that's what I thought. I was watching the Rangers - Devils game and it was listed for 6. Yet another reason to not trust the NHL and its announcers.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:57 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
I am looking at reality, thats why I'm going to quote an article from the day after the hit,
And he isn't playing. I think you're being unrealistic if you think the Blues will still be looking to go after Olver NEXT season. That isn't the way they operate.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Izzy
#SloveniaForGold2018

vCash: 270
Go for gold

Old
04-21-2013, 05:30 PM
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME

is it RIVALRY NIGHT part 2 tonight? lol

Old
04-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Well, yes, one option is to cynically tune everything out because reliable information is harder to find.

But short of that abdicatory shrug & give up option (sometimes attitudinally accompanied by a contempt for anyone who doesn't also abdicate), yeah, if it's any narrative I'm interested in and the mistakes are like nails on a chalkboard to me, I'll probably get involved and comment on it.

For me this is a superior option to just ignoring everything. I understand why others do prefer to ignore everything (which in all honesty is the option most everyday people choose), I just prefer for myself to stay engaged. A lot of different subjects are anywhere from interests to passions for me and I believe when you stop having those things in your life you start to get old and die. That doesn't mean passions can't be private, just that mine aren't. Culture, entertainment, current events and politics all interest me and those are public things. The consequences for me would be more than just ignoring information sources, they'd mean detaching from my interests/passions and starting to get old fast.
If this is a response to my post, it seems you misunderstood my position. I am not saying ignore everything, shirk responsibility, and hate/disrespect all people that don't conform to my thinking, as indicated above.

All I am saying is avoiding bad coverage and finding good coverage or piecing together the facts yourself can be a more effective and desired route for some people.

As for the game tonight, I am looking forward to seeing how the lineup functions with Hitch's changes.

Last edited by Celtic Note: 04-21-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old
04-21-2013, 05:41 PM
Steve Doan
Portugal. The Man

I hope NBC has its audio working this game. Seems like every game on NBC the crowd volume is so loud you cant hear the announcers.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:24 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Catch you guys after the game.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:31 PM
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME

I'm Jaskin for one point tonight

Old
04-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Novacain

Marc Cundari helping his old team, goal in his first game for Calgary against the Wild.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:43 PM
ManyIdeas

vCash: 1152
....what are the avs wearing in pregame skate?

Old
04-21-2013, 06:54 PM
superblues
It's huge, Bernie.

vCash: 1950
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Yeah I get why it sucks if you're just repeating what the NHL is telling you and then fans are telling you you're wrong, but on the other hand wrong is actually wrong, and it's a legitimate point to make.

Lou Korac seemed to take exception for me warning him before tweeting the wrong info but I'm not sure those guys understand the frustration of actually knowing the math and constantly hearing announcers/reporters botch narratives out of math not being well understood. It happens constantly with nearly every single announcer/reporter, and it's like nails on a chalkboard for someone whose crime is knowing the right math. In this culture it's a far greater sin to point out errors than to make the errors.
This sums up the last five, sad years of my career.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Bendak
Jedi Use Hacks

Just got some Hardee's to watch the game with, aw hell yeah!

Old
04-21-2013, 06:58 PM
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME

avs are wearing those army jerseys for warmups

Old
04-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Stang

Lou Korac
Former #stlblues D Erik Johnson (hand injury) will miss his fourth straight game tonight.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:00 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendak View Post
Just got some Hardee's to watch the game with, aw hell yeah!
Jealous. Just played a good 3 hours of roller. Took a pretty good hit too. I should stick to a peanut butter sandwich, but I know I want some hot & spicy chicken ramen.

Closed Thread