HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Blame it on the Craw-aw-aw-aw-aw-aw-fahurrd

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stahl View Post
2010 goals per game = 3.2
2013 goals per game = 3.18
And there are less goals per NHL game in 2013 than in 2010. Very impressive numbers.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaners BAC View Post
And take away the beginning 15 games when teams were getting their legs which favored a team like the Hawks. I'd be interested in seeing how the Hawks' last 20 games compares to that 3.18.
Bad logic and silly attempt to cherrypick stats, but I decided to humor you anyway.

68 goals for in their last 20 games.

3.4 goals per game.

I'd say the Hawks are doing pretty well for themselves.

(65 goals for and 3.25 gpg if you remove shootout "goals for." Still a great number).

Old
04-21-2013, 02:32 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaners bac View Post
and take away the beginning 15 games when teams were getting their legs which favored a team like the hawks. I'd be interested in seeing how the hawks' last 20 games compares to that 3.18.
fri mar 8, 2013 - blackhawks @ avalanche - final chi (2) - col (6)
sun mar 10, 2013 - oilers @ blackhawks - final edm (6) - chi (5)
thu mar 14, 2013 - blackhawks @ blue jackets - final chi (2) - cbj (1) so
sat mar 16, 2013 - blackhawks @ stars - final chi (8) - dal (1)
mon mar 18, 2013 - blackhawks @ avalanche - final chi (5) - col (2)
wed mar 20, 2013 - blackhawks @ ducks - final chi (2) - ana (4)
mon mar 25, 2013 - kings @ blackhawks - final lak (5) - chi (4)
tue mar 26, 2013 - flames @ blackhawks - final cgy (0) - chi (2)
fri mar 29, 2013 - ducks @ blackhawks - final ana (2) - chi (1)
sun mar 31, 2013 - blackhawks @ red wings final chi (7) - det (1)
mon apr 1, 2013 - predators @ blackhawks final nsh (2) - chi (3) so
thu apr 4, 2013 - blues @ blackhawks - final stl (4) - chi (3) so
sat apr 6, 2013 - blackhawks @ predators - final chi (1) - nsh (0)
sun apr 7, 2013 - predators @ blackhawks - final nsh (3) - chi (5)
tue apr 9, 2013 - blackhawks @ wild - final chi (1) - min (0)
fri apr 12, 2013 - red wings @ blackhawks - final det (2) - chi (3) so
sun apr 14, 2013 - blackhawks @ blues - final chi (2) - stl (0)
mon apr 15, 2013 - stars @ blackhawks - final dal (2) - chi (5)
fri apr 19, 2013 - predators @ blackhawks - final nsh (4) - chi (5) ot
sat apr 20, 2013 - coyotes @ blackhawks - final phx (3) - chi (2) so

65 gf - 3.25 gf/g
45 ga - 2.25 ga/g

Old
04-21-2013, 02:33 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Bad logic and silly attempt to cherrypick stats, but I decided to humor you anyway.

3.4 goals per game.

(65 goals for and 3.25 gpg if you remove shootout "goals for." Still a great number).
Bazinga!

Old
04-21-2013, 02:35 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
After reading all of these rebuttals to my posts I guess there's nothing else to do except get those shirts and hats printed. I'm not allowed to criticize Crawdaddy or to complain about the future uncertainty at the goalie position. We won a Cup with Niemi and scored lots of goals while doing it no reason it shouldn't work again. So let it be written so let it be done!
Translation: I can't handle when people bring up valid arguments to my points.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:56 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
Translation: I can't handle when people bring up valid arguments to my points.
No its more like the constant back n forth. If I say Crawford isnt a sound goalie for a deep playoff run this year I get Regular season and SO stats thrown in my face or if I say this years group of forwards isnt as good as the 2010 one I get goal stats stated to me about how were on pace if not better than the Cup team was. Everyones got opinions and thats what makes this board great but one thing that is TRUE is the 2013 Hawk team as of now is unproven in the playoffs, they're coming off 2 straight first round losses and Crawdaddy is 0-2 as a starter. Well in about 10 days or so they get to show what they can do.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Kaners BAC

Quote:

3.4 goals per game.

Actually, is it not bad logic nor is it cherry-picking. Does anyone not think that the beginning of this season with an extremely short camp and no exhibition games didn't favor a team like the Hawks? I am surprised and encouraged by the stats but there is nothing wrong with the idea.

Last edited by Kaners BAC: 04-21-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old
04-21-2013, 03:13 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
No its more like the constant back n forth. If I say Crawford isnt a sound goalie for a deep playoff run this year I get Regular season and SO stats thrown in my face or if I say this years group of forwards isnt as good as the 2010 one I get goal stats stated to me about how were on pace if not better than the Cup team was. Everyones got opinions and thats what makes this board great but one thing that is TRUE is the 2013 Hawk team as of now is unproven in the playoffs, they're coming off 2 straight first round losses and Crawdaddy is 0-2 as a starter. Well in about 10 days or so they get to show what they can do.
Fair enough. I'd like to bring up though that Crawford had an excellent series against Vancouver and was a big part in getting them to Game 7 OT. He was pretty inconsistent against Phoenix last year but came up big at some points. We'll just have to wait and see.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:26 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Actually, is it not bad logic nor is it cherry-picking. Does anyone not think that the beginning of this season with an extremely short camp and no exhibition games didn't favor a team like the Hawks? I am surprised and encouraged by the stats but there is nothing wrong with the idea.
Every team had to deal with the same circumstances, including Chicago. I fail to see what "a team like the Hawks" is supposed to mean in this context.

(And yes, it's the definition of cherrypicking stats).

Old
04-21-2013, 03:28 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Lolwut?

And, how many of those years, "in the game", have to spent at the NHL level, playing? (honestly, I'd settle for any semi-professional experience).
Suffice it to say 3 of my players are currently in the league, yes the NHL. I will leave the discussion at that. I have no desire to know your credentials.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:29 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Suffice it to say 3 of my players are currently in the league, yes the NHL. I will leave the discussion at that. I have no desire to know your credentials.
Oh yeah, well 4 of my players are in the league. Beat that.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
Oh yeah, well 4 of my players are in the league. Beat that.
Congratulations! if you really mean it.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:34 PM
Kaners BAC

Quote:
Every team had to deal with the same circumstances, including Chicago. I fail to see what "a team like the Hawks" is supposed to mean in this context.

(And yes, it's the definition of cherrypicking stats).
Whatever, call it what you want. I just meant take out the beginning of the year and look at the last half of this season.

The beginning of the season was wide-open, sloppy, and lacked a lot of hitting which played directly into the hands of a finesse team like Chicago. Plus, the team was returning all its vital parts, with no major system changes, and you they had one their best players at the top of his game from his experiences overseas. Bottom line is that everything fell into place at the beginning of the season which is what led to their unbelievable streak.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
who cares? alot of you talk about crawford's goals "deflating" the team and constantly rip his mental state, yet what does it say about the skaters if a ga "deflates" them? sounds to me like they are the ones with the problems between the ears.

or, far more likely its just dumb conjecture and too many of you already have your minds made up about crawford and search for evidence to support it instead of looking at the evidence and then forming a conclusion.

he given up 2 goals a game and saved 92.4% of shots that are put on him, that's more than good enough to win with the talent the hawks have. and guess what? they have won, and at a historic rate. some of you have been so taken by the hawks record start that you've deluded yourselves into thinking we should win every game and never give up a goal.

the team that scores over 3 goals a game is held to 2 goals, the goalie who allows 2 goals a game allows 2 goals. and its the goalie's fault? how many games do you realistically think this or any team will win when they don't score an es goal?
out of all the Saves he made yesterday, there wasn't 1 great that others - even Emery - wouldn't have made.

Yes, bad goals given up can deflate the team, the skaters. They do their part but the one who isn't allowed to make mistakes makes them.

Quote:
Why is Crawford being compared to Huet? Crawford's rookie season was better than either of Huet's two seasons in Chicago.

He is not Huet. Stop comparing him to Huet. All goaltenders give up soft/bad goals. It happens. It's hockey. You move on.
yes, it happens. Like Toskala and others, it's happens far too often with Corey.

He needs to stop it or we won't make it past the 1st round. I'm starting to be all for getting a good goalie in the offseason. Crawford would need to play lights out in the POs and make stops that make you think how the **** did he do this.

Quote:
No. Wait..

not one of those saves are from this year

This year, he made as much great saves as he let in softies. That's not a good number. He had 3-5 games where he really won us those games, but he also had games he let in goals he shouldn't have.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Whatever, call it what you want. I just meant take out the beginning of the year and look at the last half of this season.

The beginning of the season was wide-open, sloppy, and lacked a lot of hitting which played directly into the hands of a finesse team like Chicago. Plus, the team was returning all its vital parts, with no major system changes, and you they had one their best players at the top of his game from his experiences overseas. Bottom line is that everything fell into place at the beginning of the season which is what led to their unbelievable streak.
Okay.

In the 20 games since the halfway mark, the Hawks are 13-5-2. A .650 win rate, and a .700 point rate.

The sky is falling! Finesse teams fail!

Old
04-21-2013, 04:04 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
not one of those saves are from this year
Yet every one that I posted was, which you conveniently ignored.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Kaners BAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Okay.

In the 20 games since the halfway mark, the Hawks are 13-5-2. A .650 win rate, and a .700 point rate.

The sky is falling! Finesse teams fail!

I never said they weren't good. Actually, they are a great regular season team. I hope is translates to the playoffs.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:33 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Yes, all teams are. That's why a huge save can turn a game around and a weak goal can do the same thing.

If you have an unproven goalie, no playoff series wins, and a softie goes in...the immediate reaction is "Here we go again". I'm not saying it's the right way to react but that is how players have reacted during my 45 years in the game.

Very similar to a shaky closer in baseball. Not going anywhere with that either.
comparing baseball to hockey? baseball is the least fluid and most individual "team" sport there is. pitching is absolutely nothing like being a goalie. if a team can't mentally overcome a flukey goal they aren't going far anyway. "momentum" is only a factor for weakwilled teams who let it become one. that's exactly the kind of team the hawks were last year, this year they haven't been.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
comparing baseball to hockey? baseball is the least fluid and most individual "team" sport there is. pitching is absolutely nothing like being a goalie. if a team can't mentally overcome a flukey goal they aren't going far anyway. "momentum" is only a factor for weakwilled teams who let it become one. that's exactly the kind of team the hawks were last year, this year they haven't been.

The comparison was in regards to confidence and yes it is a direct spot on comparison. A flukey goal (singular) is not the issue here nor for Crawford. It is a pattern and we'll see if the boys have actually grown a set as you suggest come playoff time. I sure hope so.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:02 PM
madgoat33

baseball is an individual sport masquerading as a team sport. there's very little team work in baseball compared to other sports. its more like a db getting burned deep. the best examples of teams falling apart usually come in basketball, especially college bball. leadership is what separates the talented teams from the winning teams and why coaching is huge in college bball.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Ujjy

I do think Crawford let in soft goals, but that isn't the only reason we lost. Our entire offense was shut out at even strength. The Saad-Toews-Hossa line was having trouble just entering the Yotes zone in the third. The entire team could have played the game better. That being said I'm going to get pretty frustrated if Crawford starts letting in softies in OT like he did last playoffs.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:18 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
All of my players are in the NHL. Suffice to say, that's better than 3.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:20 PM
madgoat33

0 for 0 is 100%...right?

Old
04-21-2013, 05:23 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Hey man, I've been coaching Timbits hockey for 56 years. I've had my share of superstars, and I know what the mood's like in lockerrooms when Jason Johnson lets in 7 goals on 12 shots - Damn you.. DAMN YOU JOHNSON! COST ME A SHOT AT THE BIG LEAUGES! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Old
04-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

vCash: 50
Yes Craw let in an incredibly soft goal. Kruger also made an incredibly stupid turnover. Why does one get flamed and the other gets a pass?

Closed Thread