HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-2013 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL) *Part III*

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 01:04 PM
9darter
Soft Euro

vCash: 738
Ok, thanks for the explanation!

Old
04-21-2013, 02:51 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Norfolk outshooting Providence 10-3, but it's tied 1-1 after the first. Providence has 1:09 of the power play to start the second.

Providence scores. Norfolk gave up 2 goals on 4 shots. The skaters must be really angry at the goalie now.

Norfolk ties the game. They've really dominated it.

Providence scores again. Chris Bourque is trying really hard to get his brother Ryan into the playoffs. Has assists on all 3 Providence goals.

Norfolk scored. This game has more scoring than Knicks basketball. This one really sucks because it came with a merely 3 seconds to go in the second period.

Hershey scores an early one against M&Ms. Norfolk still tied with less than 6 minutes to go. Not looking good right now.

After a terrible start, Norfolk's goalie is doing surprisingly well now.

Hershey scores again. 2-0. If they (and Norfolk) don't blow it, season's over for the Whale.

Last edited by Beacon: 04-21-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old
04-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
3-3 going into the third for Norfolk and Providence.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:28 PM
SoftEuro4thLiner

vCash: 50
Hershey takes the lead. Doesn't look good.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:38 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Wow:

Norfolk Admirals ‏@AdsGameUpdates 49s
Ryan Spooner scores to put Providence ahead 4-3 with less than 30 seconds left in regulation. #ProvNor

Old
04-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Manchester starting Ty Rimmer in net today against Hershey. It's his first AHL game after coming off a season in the WHL.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:40 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Norfolk gives up losing goal with 21 seconds left, that's heartbreaking for them. Alright, Manchester, come on...haha.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Oh wow, Providence scored with 20 seconds to go. I already gave up hope, was going to come here to write that the Whale season is over. This is Chris Bourque's fourth assist of the game. Talk about him loving his brother!

Game over. Thank you Chris!

Old
04-21-2013, 04:56 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Just came in to say not to expect much from the Monarchs today. Ty Rimmer, who has never seen any AHL action, is in net. It's also the Monarchs' third game this weekend.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoForRoughing View Post
Just came in to say not to expect much from the Monarchs today. Ty Rimmer, who has never seen any AHL action, is in net. It's also the Monarchs' third game this weekend.
Yeah, I noticed that. The Whale don't deserve any gifts or breaks anyways!

Old
04-21-2013, 06:32 PM
17futurecap

Shame they didn't make it, wonder if they will keep a few guys skating in the area in case of injury to the Rangers.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Shame they didn't make it, wonder if they will keep a few guys skating in the area in case of injury to the Rangers.
Wouldn't be surprised to see a few recalls now that the season is over.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:45 PM
CH2

I know it's been discussed before, but Gernander seems very underwhelming in terms of coaching winning teams and developing prospects. It seems the Whale have gone through long disappointing stretches in recent years that have either sent them home without a playoff birth or led to a poor performance in the playoffs.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Wouldn't be surprised to see a few recalls now that the season is over.
#FreeUndertaker will get trending.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:54 PM
haveandare

I can't believe they did so poorly the last few games. That offense looked ridiculous on paper.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:55 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The Whale or whatever they will be called need a new head coach. James Patrick. Former Ranger. Current Sabre assistant coach. Jeep was with Lindy Ruff in Buffalo for a long time. Ron Rolston was given the opportunity to replace Ruff over Jeep. Rolston was their AHL coach. Jeff Buekeboom and Jeep played together so Jeff can be retained. Jeep might need to run his own team before he gets a NHL job. Maybe Scott Gordon. He worked for Jeff Gorton in Boston. Gordon coached the B's AHL team in Providence. Former Islander coach. Current Leaf assistant coach.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:29 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Whale or whatever they will be called need a new head coach. James Patrick. Former Ranger. Current Sabre assistant coach. Jeep was with Lindy Ruff in Buffalo for a long time. Ron Rolston was given the opportunity to replace Ruff over Jeep. Rolston was their AHL coach. Jeff Buekeboom and Jeep played together so Jeff can be retained. Jeep might need to run his own team before he gets a NHL job. Maybe Scott Gordon. He worked for Jeff Gorton in Boston. Gordon coached the B's AHL team in Providence. Former Islander coach. Current Leaf assistant coach.
I'd be happy with either, Jeep especially.

Old
04-21-2013, 08:32 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Is there any advantage to missing the playoffs? Like in the NHL, at least you're in the Draft Lottery and have a shot at #1 overall.

Old
04-21-2013, 08:51 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Jeep was one of my favorite Rangers ever. Have no idea about his skills as a coach, but I would love to have him back as part of the organization.

Old
04-21-2013, 08:59 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Expect to see some callups. I don't know how happy Torts is going to be with so many extra bodies around though. I'm sure they'll stay off the ice then get some work in with Schoney and the scratches if it comes to that.

Miller, Newbury, Thomas, McIlrath, Bourque, Hrivik should all come up. Among others, I'm sure.

Old
04-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Vitto79

how did the Whale blow this? Not enough time to gel or what? They have a stacked team on paper right now

oh well, time for change, get a new coach in

Old
04-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Expect to see some callups. I don't know how happy Torts is going to be with so many extra bodies around though. I'm sure they'll stay off the ice then get some work in with Schoney and the scratches if it comes to that.

Miller, Newbury, Thomas, McIlrath, Bourque, Hrivik should all come up. Among others, I'm sure.
Yeah, they'll just be practicing with each other, not the rest of the club.

Old
04-22-2013, 02:28 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Interesting take by Crawford

Quote:
When you talk about shots against and too much time in the defensive zone, it’s not unreasonable to look at the loss of Blake Parlett as having turned out to be a big blow.

I have to admit, I liked Parlett’s game, for the most part, this year and thought he had come a long way as a player, but I didn’t think that taking him out of the Whale mix was going to hurt the team nearly as much as it seemed to.

Sometimes, particularly with defensemen, you have no idea how important a guy really is, and how many key minutes he takes care of, until you don’t have him anymore, and the Whale’s record since the April 3 Ranger/Columbus trade is a good illustration of that.

Connecticut actually won the first two games without Parlett, but were outshot (there it is again) 64-36 in the process, before the season-ending losing skein began with a 1-0 loss to Providence in the home finale two Sundays ago.

No reasonable hockey observer could argue against the trade the Rangers made to move Marian Gaborik, and New York’s record since the deal, 7-2-2, clearly confirms that it was a smart move. I would have thought, too, that the Whale had enough collective depth to weather the loss of Parlett, especially with Stu Bickel coming down from the Rangers, but that seems not to have been the case.
http://bobcrawfordscorner.wordpress....ppointing-end/

Stu will be in the AHL again next season. His cap hit doesn't count against the cap.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I have been saying the whole season that the Whale needs more, not fewer defensemen. Losing Parlett sucked. It's also absolutely true that he made a major step forward this year as a player. He went from a bottom pair AHLer who was on the verge of getting sent down to the ECHL to being a top pair AHLer.

Old
04-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I have been saying the whole season that the Whale needs more, not fewer defensemen. Losing Parlett sucked. It's also absolutely true that he made a major step forward this year as a player. He went from a bottom pair AHLer who was on the verge of getting sent down to the ECHL to being a top pair AHLer.
People wrote him off. But if Corey Potter could play in the NHL, anything is possible.

But yeah, the lack of depth on defense hurt this team.

Closed Thread