Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 04:03 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunbaer View Post
This. Especially since Kelly is coming close to his former self.
IMO, Peverley last year was better than Kelly. Pevs had less goals but he had a pretty nasty injury for awhile, but was really contributing in the assists department.

Kelly is playing well since his return, but I think since both of them had their best years last year, if we were given the option of having Peverley's prime VS Kelly's I think its Pev pretty easily. He is a much more dynamic player with top end speed, which is something this team seriously lacks.

I'd bet that both end up staying next year which is fine. Both are pretty crucial to this team and when they aren't playing well it really shows.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:05 PM
Rookie Chargers

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I don't know...he's been one big enigma to me this year. Most of the guys that haven't played up to par consistently have at least shown flashes of productivity this year. He's just been flat out bad. He might get a vote from me for the most consistent poor performer this year. It's too bad because I really like what he brought in 11 and last season.
Give me a break, Peverley hasn't shown any flashes? He has tried to be more physical which only takes away from his game. He played over seas too, which I say has hurt him.

I said it approaching the trade deadline that it was a tough year to judge players. I know, I know, I still manage to get on Lucic.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:05 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
I don't know...he's been one big enigma to me this year. Most of the guys that haven't played up to par consistently have at least shown flashes of productivity this year. He's just been flat out bad. He might get a vote from me for the most consistent poor performer this year. It's too bad because I really like what he brought in 11 and last season.
Ouch really??? Moreso than Horton? There`s games where I have honestly asked myself, "is Horty dressed".

Pevs hasn`t produced well. Beginning of the year, both he and Kelly slow out of the gate being force fed a great AHL winger. Caron gets healthy, Bourque sent down and the few games that line played together I was encouraged by although they were far from lighting it up, then......Pandalfo

Kelly injured, and once again, that line is a mess. Pevs, seemingly more than anyone has played with so many linemates I can`t count em.

Am I happy with the results? Nope, but I love what he does in other area`s, I love that his puck pursuit causes a ton of turnovers, I love his defensive awareness (which far too often gets overlooked by so many). He/Kelly have been exceptionally strong and productive once they became acclimated with the system, and no way you`ll convince me he can`t get back to that Pevs so many here were appreciative of.

I could see him being moved in the offseason, but it won`t be due to Chiarelli 'wanting' to, it could be more due to cap implications, but again, he`s a guy that I`d be so hesitant in moving, not nearly as easy to replace as so many here make him out to be regardless of the lack of production.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:08 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

I wonder if Pev can even be moved. Not sure who would want him at 3.25.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:12 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
I wonder if Pev can even be moved. Not sure who would want him at 3.25.
I`d wager he`d be snapped up with one phone call

I don`t like the 4 mill for 3rd line players generally however, the market price dictates the contract, and if both he and Kelly had of hit the market, both would have easily snagged what they did, and I`ll suggest, there are a boatload of Cup wannabe`s who would more than welcome either yesterday....top that off with 2 guys with Cup winning experience

Old
04-21-2013, 04:40 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
The real reason the Bruins won was because I was wearing my Daniel Paille t-shirt
Everytime he went past me today I called him 7th player. I know Danny heard me...now let it be true.

04-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Ouch really??? Moreso than Horton? There`s games where I have honestly asked myself, "is Horty dressed".

Pevs hasn`t produced well. Beginning of the year, both he and Kelly slow out of the gate being force fed a great AHL winger. Caron gets healthy, Bourque sent down and the few games that line played together I was encouraged by although they were far from lighting it up, then......Pandalfo

Kelly injured, and once again, that line is a mess. Pevs, seemingly more than anyone has played with so many linemates I can`t count em.

Am I happy with the results? Nope, but I love what he does in other area`s, I love that his puck pursuit causes a ton of turnovers, I love his defensive awareness (which far too often gets overlooked by so many). He/Kelly have been exceptionally strong and productive once they became acclimated with the system, and no way you`ll convince me he can`t get back to that Pevs so many here were appreciative of.

I could see him being moved in the offseason, but it won`t be due to Chiarelli 'wanting' to, it could be more due to cap implications, but again, he`s a guy that I`d be so hesitant in moving, not nearly as easy to replace as so many here make him out to be regardless of the lack of production.
Horton has been discussed ad nausem, while Peverley has kind of just floated by. He's worthy of Horton-level criticism, IMO -- the only reason he doesn't get it is because expectations aren't as high for him. The money is close enough to the same to warrant it, and makes Peverley's performance even more disappointing.

He cashed in at a good time and was overpaid then. Being overpaid and underperforming is a bad mix, and that's where Peverley is at right now. Horton is underperforming, but I wouldn't say that he was overpaid to start.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:52 PM
canoebears

Quote:
Horton has been discussed ad nausem, while Peverley has kind of just floated by. He's worthy of Horton-level criticism, IMO -- the only reason he doesn't get it is because expectations aren't as high for him. The money is close enough to the same to warrant it, and makes Peverley's performance even more disappointing.

He cashed in at a good time and was overpaid then. Being overpaid and underperforming is a bad mix, and that's where Peverley is at right now. Horton is underperforming, but I wouldn't say that he was overpaid to start.
Got to believe they both get it together for the playoffs

Old
04-21-2013, 04:52 PM
ODAAT

Quote:

Well, he didn`t time when he would produce his best season but while I understand and respect your opinions, and while you believe Horton has been discussed more than enough, with Pevs, I don`t see a guy not moving his feet or working hard, with Horton, I know there`s more in there, yet it rarely comes out. Can`t have "it" every night, nor every season for that matter, but not liking what I "perceive" as outright laziness

Again, I trust in Peverley far more than Horty that he`ll be the first to find his full game and I have little issue with the 3.25 cap hit. If he, Kelly and a qualified winger (maybe Sods?) play together from day 1 next season, the boys will be fine

I`ll wager someone this summer tosses 5 mill at Horty, if not more, not a chance in you know what I`d bite on that

Old
04-21-2013, 04:55 PM
flannelman
default user

vCash: 920
Quote:
Spot on.

This town, and we as fans, love physical guys who can hit (and I think that's why we've focused on Horton and Lucic's poor performances) - Pevs (or apparently Pervs as I've seen him called ) isn't that kind of guy and while he does have other skills he should be getting called out more. He wears a lot of hats, he's almost the utility infielder of the team - a bit of a hyperbole - but he's had his chances even away from AHLers playing in the top 9.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Actp
DO NOT TRADE KREJCI!

Fwiw I have never been a big fan of Pevs. I think BNHL and I share some concerns about him. His speed and hard snap shot give him flash but the other areas of his game like his playmakring, board work and his shot either come and go or are basically not there. He would have done much better with good linemates, which he did not have...However the flaws in his game are pretty visible. IMO, He is a swooper with great speed and some brains. some vision...not much else. Chia overpaid him because of his speed and seeming versatility......The flaws are too many to provide real versatility......Thus we have what we have a third liner who doesn't play well in the top 6........He has some decent value and chia likes versatility, so would not be surprised if he is traded for a similar type....(If they can find one)

Last edited by Actp: 04-21-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old
04-21-2013, 05:03 PM
GahdenRinkRat
Bruins' Den Mother

Today was by far best all-around game for Jagr, the old man was everywhere and seemed to be having a fun time--lots of smiles and laughing. Shirts off their backs was touching--Ference exchanged his shirt for a marathon runner's singlet --the players all stayed out and shook hands, hugged all of the first responders, very cool gesture for real heroes.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:06 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
Spot on.

This town, and we as fans, love physical guys who can hit (and I think that's why we've focused on Horton and Lucic's poor performances) - Pevs (or apparently Pervs as I've seen him called ) isn't that kind of guy and while he does have other skills he should be getting called out more. He wears a lot of hats, he's almost the utility infielder of the team - a bit of a hyperbole - but he's had his chances even away from AHLers playing in the top 9.
One area of his game this year that I miss is that shot, but he, like many Bruins this season just seem to be holding that puck for that extra second.

I like him a ton, probably because I love(d) having players like that on the teams I coached (which was far from NHL level)

While I think his spot could be taken by someone else in a 3rd line role, to find someone with that versatility and potential to produce 35-50pts or thereabouts.........

Old
04-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Yeti34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I`d wager he`d be snapped up with one phone call

I don`t like the 4 mill for 3rd line players generally however, the market price dictates the contract, and if both he and Kelly had of hit the market, both would have easily snagged what they did, and I`ll suggest, there are a boatload of Cup wannabe`s who would more than welcome either yesterday....top that off with 2 guys with Cup winning experience
If it ends up being a choice between trading Pevs for futures 1st or 2nd at the draft, and keeping Jagr vs keeping Pevs. The answer seems easy.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:10 PM
SpitfireIX

Lets see what Jagr does in the playoffs first.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Actp
DO NOT TRADE KREJCI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GahdenRinkRat View Post
Today was by far best all-around game for Jagr, the old man was everywhere and seemed to be having a fun time--lots of smiles and laughing. Shirts off their backs was touching--Ference exchanged his shirt for a marathon runner's singlet --the players all stayed out and shook hands, hugged all of the first responders, very cool gesture for real heroes.
Cool, great that they are showing their gratitude so readily. (Sidebar I have always liked Jagr. He can be temperamental but he enjoys the game and it shows in his demeanour and willingness to teach the game.)

Old
04-21-2013, 05:34 PM
HumBucker
HFBoards Sponsor

Well, I almost got my wish from earlier in the thread. We got goals from the oldest Bruin (Jagr), the youngest (Hamilton) and the shortest (Marchand). If only Chara had scored... we would have had the quadra-fecta.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:45 PM
BeardBros
Everything hurt more

vCash: 574
I was amazed at Jagr's speed to win the race to that puck. Guy is still a beast at 41.

Also thought Soderberg looked pretty good. He looked ok yesterday for his 1st game, and definitely improved on that today. If that trend continues he should be in great shape for the playoffs.

Lucic looked better than he has for awhile, hopefully he can build on that and not regress.

Great bounce back game from Tuukka. Glad to see him get the 0.

Last edited by BeardBros: 04-21-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old
04-21-2013, 06:03 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
I must have seen a different replay because it looked like Chara went over to the panther player and then he hooked Chara down?
I thought they got tangled up but chara sort of initiated it. I guess I'd have to look at it again myself. I thought chara made a mistake by trying to take huberdeau to task in while in motion like that.

they dodged a bullet there.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:16 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
Lets see what Jagr does in the playoffs first.
I agree, let's see what happens in the playoffs before re-signing and/or trading players away.
Sometimes the players least expected to contribute, perform the best...and vise versa.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:28 PM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Getting high, so I opened a PGT

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1409615

Closed Thread