HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Krueger

Old
04-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

vCash: 6964
Ralph's comments are soothing after a tough loss. He calms and relaxes even the most hardcore fan.

Kind of like when Fred Rogers used to tell me, "You always make it a special day for me. You know how, don't you? By just your being you. Whether you're in kindergarten, or third grade, or no grade at all, or ANY grade at all, I like you just the way you are. I'll be back tomorrow. Bye."

Ahhhhhh.

Who's next? Colorado.

Gret99zky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 02:29 PM
oilphan

vCash: 500
Harti sitting? Smyth and Smithson playin? This guy is a jacka$$

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 02:40 PM
timekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
Harti sitting? Smyth and Smithson playin? This guy is a jacka$$
I am glad that Smithson is playing, I want see if he can win faceoffs and if he is the answer for the 4th line. Couch Malph is being a clown, not playing this guy while his wife is sitting back in Florida with a new born. Doesn't look good on the Oilers if that is the way they treat players, we will never get a FA with this treatment.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 02:56 PM
jmoss45

Why is Harski sitting tonight, when the outcome doesn't matter? Instead they've got Jones who's likely leaving this summer? It hurts the oil's chance of evaluating him and likely hurts his potential trade value too.

Lets go get Lindy Ruff. He wants to coach this year, we've got an attractive position available and he's an Alberta guy. We know he can win because he's done it consistently.

Doubt Edmonton does it though. Instead of having the new GM choose his own coach like every other team in the league, they'll do it the 'oiler way'.

jmoss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

Old
04-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

Tambi fired 3 coaches.

Doesn't MacT want his own staff in there? How about another assistant for Krueger?

Clean sweep of the coaching staff seems in order.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Fuhryous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret99zky View Post
Tambi fired 3 coaches.

Doesn't MacT want his own staff in there? How about another assistant for Krueger?

Clean sweep of the coaching staff seems in order.
Since they love playing mind games so much, hire Ruff as an Associate...let them subtly know they are all on a short leash.

Fuhryous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhryous View Post
Since they love playing mind games so much, hire Ruff as an Associate...let them subtly know they are all on a short leash.
They should probably scoop him up before somebody else does. Philly? NYR? NJD?

Why not add him to the staff?

Old
04-21-2013, 06:35 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret99zky View Post
They should probably scoop him up before somebody else does. Philly? NYR? NJD?

Why not add him to the staff?
"the problem here is not coaching"

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 08:27 PM
jmoss45

There will be some nice, experienced coaching options come summer. Tippett's contract is up and Ruff is available. Both of these guys have extensive records, and long tenure.

The biggest issue with firing a coach mid-season is the lack of suitable replacements IMO. If the Oilers don't at least look at the coaching options available this summer they're stupid. If you want to take the 'next step' then make sure you have the right guys in place.

Better to play it safe and cut ties with Kruger now. Enough rolling the dice and doing things 'the oiler way'.

Old
04-21-2013, 10:39 PM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
At the very least if they cut ties with him it will be in the summer to take some heat off it. They should be bringing in Ruff on April 28th.

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:52 AM
Fuhryous

Id love to be the fly on the wall when MacTavish holds his year end interviews with each player, just to see how many actually support Krueger and the assistants. If they have lost the support of the players, then I could see the entire staff being punted and MacT bringing in his own hire.

You have to wonder if Barry Trotz couldn't be added to the potential UFA coaching list as well. Probably unlikely, but he has been in Nashville a long time and they are 1-9 in their last ten games.

Fuhryous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 01:14 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
There will be some nice, experienced coaching options come summer. Tippett's contract is up and Ruff is available. Both of these guys have extensive records, and long tenure.

The biggest issue with firing a coach mid-season is the lack of suitable replacements IMO. If the Oilers don't at least look at the coaching options available this summer they're stupid. If you want to take the 'next step' then make sure you have the right guys in place.

Better to play it safe and cut ties with Kruger now. Enough rolling the dice and doing things 'the oiler way'.
We dont need to worry about who is available.

Weve got Buchberger.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 02:13 AM
Soundwave

It's amazing that Bob Hartley is able to get more out of the Flames than Krueger can given all the talent he has to work with here.

The guy honestly was just a bad hire. Good special teams coach but horrible at coaching the NHL game 5-on-5.

Mac T won't fire him because he's sympathetic to the position of the coach, but he should.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 02:18 AM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
We dont need to worry about who is available.

Weve got Buchberger.
That's what I am scared about,

Once an Oiler, always an Oiler! Don't think that statement should mean the Oilers should hire every ex-Oiler.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 02:21 AM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

I have a strong feeling Mac t will be both coach and gm by 20 game mark next season.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 02:32 AM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
I have a strong feeling Mac t will be both coach and gm by 20 game mark next season.
Lets hope it doesn't come to that as it likely means hopes for the playoffs are basically down the drain for another year.

They gotta make it next year IMO.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 02:36 AM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Lets hope it doesn't come to that as it likely means hopes for the playoffs are basically down the drain for another year.

They gotta make it next year IMO.
I hope we do but other than top 5 roster needs major over haul and Krueger just is not a good coach. He mishandled the talent this season and I can't see him improving his system is laughable no stucture other than panic puck play.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 04:23 AM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
I hope we do but other than top 5 roster needs major over haul and Krueger just is not a good coach. He mishandled the talent this season and I can't see him improving his system is laughable no stucture other than panic puck play.
And how much of that is the immature players backed up by deadweight vets?

Many of these players haven't been able to play a system under up to 4 coaches now. The most Renny got out of them was a few weeks playing his ultra defensive system he brought from NY, Quinn ranted his entire year about how stupid his players were, and Mact was pulling his hair out during his final 4 months.

I'm not a huge Kreuger supporter by any stretch, but it's kind of hard to throw the guy under the bus for this mess when he was handed the keys to an identical team from last year that finished second last in a walk, with no training camp and practice restrictions to boot.

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
"the problem here is not coaching"
Agreed that's what Mact announced during the press conference. So I wouldn't expect to see any coaching changes during the offseason. All this speculation is premature unless Krueger has lost the players support at the end of season interview.

Which I truly doubt. I think the young players really like him.

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 01:16 PM
jmoss45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
It's amazing that Bob Hartley is able to get more out of the Flames than Krueger can given all the talent he has to work with here.

The guy honestly was just a bad hire. Good special teams coach but horrible at coaching the NHL game 5-on-5.

Mac T won't fire him because he's sympathetic to the position of the coach, but he should.
In a sense it's amazing that he's done more with a less talented team. Then again, Hartley has been to the finals, and has proven he can win in the NHL. That is one knock against Kruger, in that we still don't know if he has what it takes to win here.

Old
04-22-2013, 01:21 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
In a sense it's amazing that he's done more with a less talented team. Then again, Hartley has been to the finals, and has proven he can win in the NHL. That is one knock against Kruger, in that we still don't know if he has what it takes to win here.
all you have to do is watch his bench management during a game to know that he will never win here (or probably anywhere).... i don't ever remember watching a NHL team that ran its bench as poorly as the oilers do this year... say what you will about renney, but at least he ran his bench in a sensible manner... krueger has *literally* no clue, and last nights 4th line debacle was yet another example of this... no clue, not even a sniff

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 01:25 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Bah, Calgary's in the same place Oilers were a few years ago - no expectations, get the younger players some time and let them be spoilers.

Hard to compare the two teams right now.

Weren't people criticizing Hartley a month ago?

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 02:12 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
Bah, Calgary's in the same place Oilers were a few years ago - no expectations, get the younger players some time and let them be spoilers.

Hard to compare the two teams right now.

Weren't people criticizing Hartley a month ago?
The team that we like to laugh at because they arent rebuilding, have gotten rid of their three best players and they are still better than us.

We are three years ahead of them and they are still better than us.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 02:21 PM
KlimasLoveChild

Krueger need's to quit with the BS after the games and stick to the usual canned responses. Every time he gives an actual thought out response he just seems lost. He definitely isn't instilling a sense of confidence in anybody when the wheels start turning in that brain pan of his.

KlimasLoveChild is offline   Reply With Quote