HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [29-41-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 05:04 PM
TennisMenace

vCash: 500
Louie Leblanc: 10 goals and a team high -18

PeeYou!

Old
04-21-2013, 07:12 PM
dcyhabs

That's what happens when you are out against top lines with crappy linemates. Plus/minus is very useful in context (Beauchemin was miles ahead of everyone else on the team, no other stats stood out, at times it matters), but there are times when you have to expect a player to be a minus especially on a bad team.

I hope there was some sort of learning experience for Leblanc this year because the way he was used was pretty crazy. The defence learned fast, the offence stunk. Lefebvre should be coaching the defence and a real head coach should be coaching the team. Can't complain about the progression for Beaulieu or Tinordi.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Bulldogs lose the final game of the season 4-1. Despite the score I though Chouinard played well.

Olivier Archambault had a quiet game. He laid a questionable hit, but other than that he didn't do a whole lot. He looked great in the first two games of this 3 in 3 and great in first two games of his professional career.

Sebastian Collberg played good, especially in the third period. Both his wristshot and slapshot are NHL level. I really liked how hard he skated and how much he tried to engaged himself in the play. Very quick hands, but his passing was fairly poor.

Charles Hudon was awesome, like always. He's such a smart and creative player. He made lots of good passes and was very active offensively. He made some good plays defensively. I've been very impressed with how many board battles that he wins despite being the youngest player in the league.

Danny Kristo had a pretty quiet game. He made some nice plays and showed his skill level, but didn't do anything with consistency. I can't say I've been impressed in the 9 game stint.

Brady Vail struggled to produce offence, but then again he was playing with Hagel and Stortini. He did lay some hits and looked good on the penalty kill. He impressed during his stint, more offensive upside than his year in Windsor would lead you to believe.

The rest of the awards:
Louis Leblanc wins the Premium Player of the Year Award.
Robert Mayer wins the Molson Cup.
Nathan Beaulieu and Gabriel Dumont win the Leading Scorer Award.
Thanks for the report. I'm a fan of Hudon and hoping he can make it and do well in the NHL just because that's what I'd like to see happen.

Old
04-21-2013, 08:16 PM
CoconutHockey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KIx4...0B176D1BC8544F

Here are the highlights of today's game. Solid fight by Beaulieu @ 1:10.

Old
04-21-2013, 09:15 PM
schumway2

Leading scorer with 31 points.

Old
04-21-2013, 09:23 PM
vad87

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Leading scorer with 31 points.
Rookie dman just turned 20 The only bright spot in this atrocious season is Beaulieu and Tinordi's performance. With a lot of young guys, the expectations were low but I didn't think that it would be that BAD. Hope they learned a lot in this whole adversity.

Old
04-21-2013, 09:29 PM
zzoo

Do Bournival, Holland, Qualier, Leblanc get a C or a F ?
Bye bye Avtsin ?

Old
04-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Et le But

At least Tinordi and Beaulieu are the real deal. Hopefully Bergevin uses the off season to think about the coaching situation down there.

At least Collberg got to at least experience NA ice. Apparently he had at least one real good chance. You can't teach that shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Bye bye Avtsin ?
Avtsin is long gone already.

Old
04-21-2013, 11:50 PM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
At least Tinordi and Beaulieu are the real deal. Hopefully Bergevin uses the off season to think about the coaching situation down there.

At least Collberg got to at least experience NA ice. Apparently he had at least one real good chance. You can't teach that shot.

Avtsin is long gone already.
With Beaulieu and Tinordi we have two players who will be in NHL.
We don't know were they will end up (top-4 or bottom-6).

Besides them, we have Dietz, Ellis, Thrower, Bennett and a few other.
I think we are in good shape in defense.

On the offense, we have a few good prospects like Collberg, Hudon, Kristo and Leblanc (yes).

What seems to be lacking is d-men who have a punishing side.
On the offense, we need to have tough and big offense and nothing seems to be in the be in the pipeline.

Seems to me that the few (one or two) players that we need will have to be either drafted and developped and we will need to wait for many years or we will need to get UFA.

For the PO, we have a team that can deliver enough if they play with confidence.

As for the Dogs, I think we need to wait. This is the first year of the new administration. Changes will bring it's share of problems.
But did we all asked for changes a year ago?

Old
04-22-2013, 12:15 AM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
I'm not impressed with Lefebvre and Nathan Beaulieu would have an hard time to stay a habs if he look like spectator the opponent score a goal like he did on the last game highlights...

IMO we need to get rid of Lefebvre as fast as possible... he is useless and there are tons of better coach and potential candidate currently at the CHL level.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:20 AM
4Beliveau

I was at the game today as well and was disappointed all around, mostly because it was a really bad game. Very sloppy, and not a lot of scoring chances or hits.

Beaulieu had a decent fight and did well against Luke Adam. His skating is great and he's magic in the offensive zone (especially pulling the puck off the boards and getting a shot thru). Hard to comment on his positioning seeing as he never sits still. I think there will be lots of growing pains but he'll hopefully be a real difference maker. Not a lot of guys can do what he can do.

Kristo was pretty quiet, hard to get a read on him. It'll be interesting to see what he does next year.

Hudon is pure energy and has nice skills but his size will make it tough for him to be an impact player on our roster. You never know, he seems determined

Leblanc looked lost. Really disappointing. He had a clear-cut breakaway and lost the puck after getting the goalie to bite. Hopefully he'll regain his confidence soon but he seemed to be on the wrong side of the puck a lot and when he got it, didn't make anything happen.

Tinordi I didn't notice that much but we know he'll be good in time.

Vail looked ok, he's a big guy, but as another poster mentioned, was playing with Hagel and Stortini and didn't make anything happen.

Ellis looked good, better with the puck than I thought. Probably the best d.

Collberg played the point on the PP and looked ok, but didn't wow me. Probably just good for him to see the NA game though.

Overall, it was a sloppy, boring game. My personal highlight was seeing a guy in a #31 Grabovski Bulldogs jersey.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:35 AM
BrimStone64

Derek Willis was on Habs broadcast other night. Said Collberg is being held back one game because he has concussion issues. They didn't want to play him in back to back games. When he did play he was best skill we have. Excellent shot with good wheels, outstanding on-ice vision. He was really glowing on Collberg. Sounds like he is going to be a gem. Hudon got high praise also.

Old
04-22-2013, 05:53 AM
FytinSioux
Blackhawksssssss

Surprised by kristos lack of production so far. It seemed like he played the ncaa game way faster than anyone else so I expected him to be able to adjust fairly easily. I expect him to be much better next year when he gets a fresh start. He might still be a little down from the NCAA loss und took. Guy gave it everything he had.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:50 AM
niftymove

Quote:
Surprised by kristos lack of production so far.
We can blame it on Kristo. He tries some plays but he can do it alone. The whole team is playing badly. The Dogs are very chaotic on ice, as if everyone was left to himself.

Team play in an organized way, this is what was missing this season. The talent is there but all the pieces are not put together: A few well rounded talented vets would have help greatly, but it is a coach matter as well!

Old
04-22-2013, 08:09 AM
niftymove

As we may add more rookies next year: Archambault, Walsh, Pribyl, maybe Dietz, Thrower plus end-of-season additions of Collberg, Hudon, Nystrom and Vail...

Anybody sees the risk we may run in the same kind of problems next year, unless we solve them: coaching change or more talented vets???

Lefebvre said on radio that they will have a special after-season meeting (presumably with Habs staff) to review the season and try to improve the team....I'm anxious to see the results!!!

Old
04-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Valois

Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
Lefebvre said on radio that they will have a special after-season meeting (presumably with Habs staff) to review the season and try to improve the team....I'm anxious to see the results!!!
Embarrassing that they're gonna fire him in front of everyone...

Old
04-22-2013, 11:05 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Thankfully an end to the worst season I have seen from the Dogs. Really liked what I saw from Hudon, and it was a treat to see Collberg for 2 games. Kristo wasn't as good as I was expecting but I heard he had a good game on Saturday (missed that one). I didn't notice Vail much at all but he was on the 4th line with the Hageltini.

I could see Archambault getting a contract as he showed some flashes but has a lot of holes in his overall game.

Will be interesting to see what changes are made in the off-season.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Habtchum*

Developing players is certainly a legit goal, but developing them in a losing environment is far from being the best way to go. How motiated can be the players ?

Habs will have to make serious adjustments to their AHL team: new coaches ? Some better vet players to surround the kids ?

Old
04-22-2013, 03:37 PM
Analyzer*

Hopefully Lefebvre brings up the lack of veterans who don't suck.

Old
04-22-2013, 05:32 PM
pine*

Kristo wasn't called up.

Old
04-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
Kristo wasn't called up.
I guess the organization doesn't think he's already a 30 goal scorer like everyone here.

Snark aside, Kristo not getting called up makes sense because he was struggling to adapt to the AHL, let alone the NHL. The more notable omissions are St. Denis and Ellis.

Old
04-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Analyzer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I guess the organization doesn't think he's already a 30 goal scorer like everyone here.
1st line RW.

DOITNOW

Old
04-22-2013, 06:35 PM
niftymove

Would be a bad move to bring up Kristo right now. Obviously, he has to find his game at AHL level first.

No need to rush him and make him loose his confidence.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:32 PM
25get

Eight players called back from Hamilton:
  • Mayer, Tokarski;
  • Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn;
  • Bournival, Leblanc, Nokalainen.
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/l_fr/news.htm?id=667132

Old
04-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
Would be a bad move to bring up Kristo right now. Obviously, he has to find his game at AHL level first.

No need to rush him and make him loose his confidence.
The AHL season is over he's not going to be finding anything, the rest of the guys brought up weren't brought up to play. It's to get them in the loop of the organization.

Closed Thread