HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Today I... (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 145
In our league the least popular game is the Friday night 7 pm game. People still working, taking off for the weekend, ect.

So last night because we played at 7pm, we played a very good team with 3 spares on the bench. The other team had 2 full lines and a few extras on top of that.

I was able to hold my team in the game and the game was tied 1-1 at the half despite being outshout 17-7. However in the second half my team ran out of gas and we basically played in our own end the rest of the game and we ended up losing 4-1 and being outshot 33-8. I probably had 50+ shots thrown at me but a few were blocked or missed the net.

It was probably one of my best games in a losing cause. Out of all the shots i faced most of them were scoring opportunities. It didn't feel like a made more than one or two easy saves all night.
I have alot of confidence going into my next game on Tuesday.

Maybe the Flyers can sign me?

Old
04-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Went shopping for a new set of hockey pants and came back empty handed.
Your avatar and your post together made me lol more than it should have.

Old
04-20-2013, 05:47 PM
ganave

vCash: 500
I played 2 hours of an intermediate/advanced scrimmage. As a novice goalie, the pace these scrimmages move at it is nuts.

Old
04-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Ozz

Today I skated on a broken toe. It didn't turn purple until sometime today, but it happened yesterday. Not as bad I figured it might be.

Old
04-21-2013, 10:44 PM
SacredPetra

Played my first game in novice league today, and my team won. I couldn't seem to find my edges to save my life, but was able to cause a lot of turn overs simply by being in the way of the other team's passes.

Old
04-21-2013, 11:15 PM
flyers10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Today I skated on a broken toe. It didn't turn purple until sometime today, but it happened yesterday. Not as bad I figured it might be.
Ditto for me. My big toe. Took a slapper off it yesterday. Little uncomfortable playing today. Hope it feels better for next weekend.

Old
04-22-2013, 01:43 AM
Primrose Everdeen
The Shermanator

vCash: 564
Today I got hit in the upper arm by the puck twice in the same game. Both from about 20 feet away.

(I was the referee.)

My arm has a couple bruises on it now.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:29 PM
KidRobot

Send a message via AIM to KidRobot
Played forward for the first time in about a year and scored on a hard work/dirty goal. Tried to make the backhand pass across the crease to my winger...as a result the goalie way overplayed the pass and was basically in the corner and the puck bounced off the dman's skate right back to me for a wide open goal.

Felt good to tie the game late in the first.

Old
04-22-2013, 02:59 PM
newfr4u

won the league championship for the fourth straight season. before that i had four straight finals losses.

Old
04-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Missed the game with a sinus infection. Really sucks.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:14 AM
SCritical

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredPetra View Post
Played my first game in novice league today, and my team won. I couldn't seem to find my edges to save my life, but was able to cause a lot of turn overs simply by being in the way of the other team's passes.
That's a good way to start

Today I pulled a hamstring in our game warm up. I stopped and the heel of my skate got caught in a hole in the ice. Owie.

I didn't want to pull out at the last minute, so I went on but I ended up coasting for most of the game. I'm feeling pretty disappointed with the whole evening

Old
04-23-2013, 12:51 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

We won our season opener 5-1. But even better, we wore our team jerseys for the first time. No more black and white practice jerseys for us!

Last edited by TickleMeYandle: 04-23-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old
04-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Primrose Everdeen
The Shermanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
We won our season opener 5-1. But even better, we wore our team jerseys for the first time. No more black and white practice jerseys for us!
We lost 11-0. Yet for some reason, we've been told the result doesn't count since we played a scrimmage game last week.

I don't get it either.

Old
04-23-2013, 01:43 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rundblad View Post
We los 11-0. Yet for some reason, we've been told the result doesn't count since we played a scrimmage game last week.

I don't get it either.
The first game is considered a preseason game and last season, they just gave everyone a tie for that game. I thought last week counted as preseason for you, but that wouldnt work since this week would have then been a "real" game for you, but preseason for your opponents, since they didn't play last week.

It doesn't matter, really. Everyone makes the playoffs, so you could lose every game and still be the champs in the end,

Old
04-23-2013, 01:45 PM
Primrose Everdeen
The Shermanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
The first game is considered a preseason game and last season, they just gave everyone a tie for that game. I thought last week counted as preseason for you, but that wouldnt work since this week would have then been a "real" game for you, but preseason for your opponents, since they didn't play last week.

It doesn't matter, really. Everyone makes the playoffs, so you could lose every game and still be the champs in the end,
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Old
04-23-2013, 03:09 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Got some news on our winter league...will be interesting.

- Lost a lower skilled forward and brought in a higher skill guy who used to play on our team but clashed with a lot of our guys

- Lost a good sub forward but brought back a solid skilled forward who subbed for us years ago

- Might also lose our goalie, but he didn't play well last year and wasn't really all that focused

Should be interesting.

Old
04-24-2013, 11:27 AM
ganave

Won another game last night 3-2. Big confidence booster for me as a goalie. I was letting in a lot of soft 5 hole goals and I only was scored on a pair of breakaways.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:39 PM
RockemSockemProberts
#FireHolland

Whilst digging through a box of random stuff at my LHS, found an unopened set of the old CCM HT2 ear loops -- the ones with the more rounded edges on the loop and the little round tab-type fastener instead or the half-circle tab. I never thought I'd find another pair, so now I have the white ones I've been wanting to make my red helmet match the old-school Wings.

Old
04-28-2013, 12:50 AM
Trl3789

Just noticed that my first OPS (I've been using it about once a week for 8 or so months) has a a decent crack on the blade. First broken stick . I get paid next week so that means ill officially have the capital to go get something. Looking for something in the $120-$150 range. I've been using primarily bauers, but I think I may branch out. Just excited to start looking for a new stick

Oh and hockey giant just opened a store 20 mins away, so I have a good place to start

Old
04-29-2013, 12:46 AM
jordanking87

Scored my first goal ever in ice hockey tonight, and had a total of 4 shots on net and two assists. For where I'm at I'm stoked with the progress I'm making in a little under two months. Finally had a worthy post for this thread haha

Old
04-29-2013, 02:02 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Half a year of no hockey now. Just another half to go.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:21 AM
stocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Half a year of no hockey now. Just another half to go.
Same here. 8 months down, few more weeks to go.

At least I have been able to check HF regularly to keep me up to date on all things hockey.

Not only that, but my Wild eeked into the playoffs as well! Wooo!

Old
04-29-2013, 08:05 AM
Ozz

(yesterday)

Scored 2, including one within the game's first minute. We lost by 1 in the end, though. Only had 2 subs so we got pretty tired quickly. With our normal squad we would've pounded 'em.

Old
04-29-2013, 10:06 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Going to attempt to play through my nasty cold/sinus infection tonight. I'm sure it will be a blast.

Old
04-29-2013, 10:14 AM
Jets
Resident Sieve

a couple days ago at my ballhockey game some hoser from another team comes into our room and asks to use my pads for the next game. I was adamant about a resounding no... still kept nagging for a solid minute, offering to pay etc. I understand being cool about it and borrowing someone a glove in a pinch or whatnot, but in a league on cement floors I'm already weary about wear on my v3s(yeah we have to wear ice hockey stuff). Was pretty pissed/annoyed that the guy would ask and be such a doucher about it. Ah well.

Closed Thread