Global Moderator
B's R always Champs!

vCash: 500
Explosions at Marathon Part 14

Have at it......

04-21-2013, 11:56 PM
bruinmann77

The police did what was needed to be done to get these Two TERRIORISTS!
They did what was right under the law andused what means were necessary,anyone who believes itherwise is dillusional

Old
04-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Lordstanley
Bandwagonaire

To the person who said "" They didn't give him his rights "" ........are you xxxxxxx kidding me ?

Who the xxxx on this planet gave those 2 pieces of xxxxxxx crap the rights to kill innocent people ?

Yes maybe they were setup or didn't fit in or they didn't have a father , EXCUSES , EXCUSES , EXCUSES

WAKE UP DUDE ! ....They hate Americans !

Old
04-22-2013, 12:07 AM
missingchicklet

I've tried to follow most of these 14 threads, but haven't read every post, so excuse me if this has already been discussed.

I am amazed that one of the suspects was taken alive. It is a real tribute to law enforcement that they were able get all of the agencies coordinated once the suspect was located in the boat, then come up with a strategy to take him alive without any harm coming to law enforcement personnel, innocent civilians, or the suspect. In acting so quickly and with incredible coordination they not only apprehended the suspect but likely saved his life, provided he makes it through all of his injuries. Obviously he is much more useful to the FBI alive, so I'm sure that was a big factor in trying to take him without killing him. Beyond the sheer tragedy of the situation and the burden it put on so many people, I will be very interested to see what this guy's story is, and hopefully any information that leads to the hunting down of others that have bad intentions.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:08 AM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
2 things that don't sit well with me after the adrenalin has worn down..

1) Not being read his rights.

2) Governor Patrick really likes forcing people to stay in their homes. Twice in one year. But the police brought kids milk, says facebook. So its ok.
I wouldn't worry too much, Morris.

48 hours already up on public safety exception to Miranda. Don't worry, he can still say absolutely nothing he knows a/b who indoctrinated his brother, or both. Any training they received, and from whom. Or if he's aware of any other like minded pieces of **** like himself who want to follow suit. Or, if there's another bomb out there somewhere, like in a nice preschool or college campus, sitting on a timer. Then bargain for his sentence, and petty privileges, through his lawyer w/ possibly mission critical and time sensitive information, like the above.

Yeah, the Governor should have told everyone in that 20 block perimeter to remember to pick up their dog's poop, and be extra, extra careful around the armed terrorist who blew an 8 year old in half, and just shot 2 more policemen. Oh, and uh...try not to distract the army of SWAT and RRT personnel trying to figure out where he is. Hear shooting, just duck a lot.

your pal,
Gov. Patrick

Maybe when enough people die.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:12 AM
feverz28

Breaking Info on Boston Bombings! Tamerlan Tsarnaev and the Naked Man

http://pressfortruth.tv/daily-video-...the-naked-man/

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0-C6Z0YEGM

Old
04-22-2013, 12:14 AM
BrainOfJ
Pure Bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstanley View Post
To the person who said "" They didn't give him his rights "" ........are you xxxxxxx kidding me ?

Who the xxxx on this planet gave those 2 pieces of xxxxxxx crap the rights to kill innocent people ?

Yes maybe they were setup or didn't fit in or they didn't have a father or they xxxxxxx hate Americans

WAKE UP DUDE !
While I don't agree with it, I think I get what Morris is getting at. The precedence it sets in the long run. In this situation, yeah we have great video evidence that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and his piece of **** brother did it, but what if by the off chance he was innocent. Then you've got a ****storm because you just arrested an american citizen and did not provide them rights. Doesn't really apply to this situation, but it could to future situations ya know?

That being said, I agree with not mirandaing him because the evidence was so clear from monday, and from thursday night and because he clearly was willing to give up those rights when he did the things he did.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:18 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

Yes maybe they were setup or didn't fit in or they didn't have a father , EXCUSES , EXCUSES , EXCUSES

I think people might be concerned that not being informed of his rights could give him a method to get his case thrown out of court on a technicality. Even the scummiest scum that ever walked the earth has to be informed of his rights in this country, according to the Miranda ruling. That's what makes us different from places like North Korea.

The administration decided not to have his rights read by invoking a recent, little-used anti-terror ruling. Sorry I can't recall the exact details; my mind's gone a bit fuzzy with all the news.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:21 AM
BrainOfJ
Pure Bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by feverz28 View Post

or

Yes, lets take the "truth" from the unshowered guy with the eyebrow ring filming himself

get out of here with your tinfoil moonbat garbage. This is a discussion for adults.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:24 AM
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
get out of here with your tinfoil moonbat garbage. This is a discussion for adults.
No, he's serious. For anyone watching WBZ on Thursday morning around 1AM we saw a live shot of someone laying on the ground all spread out across from the funeral home, police officers had a semi circle around him:

He was then ordered to strip and put into a cruiser.

Who the **** was this guy?

Old
04-22-2013, 12:24 AM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I think people might be concerned that not being informed of his rights could give him a method to get his case thrown out of court on a technicality. Even the scummiest scum that ever walked the earth has to be informed of his rights in this country, according to the Miranda ruling. That's what makes us different from places like North Korea.

The administration decided not to have his rights read by invoking a recent, little-used anti-terror ruling. Sorry I can't recall the exact details; my mind's gone a bit fuzzy with all the news.
Quote:
The "public safety" exception to Miranda is a powerful tool with a modern application for law enforcement. When police officers are confronted by a concern for public safety, Miranda warnings need not be provided prior to asking questions directed at neutralizing an imminent threat, and voluntary statements made in response to such narrowly tailored questions can be admitted at trial. Once the questions turn from those designed to resolve the concern for safety to questions designed solely to elicit incriminating statements, the questioning falls outside the scope of the exception and within the traditional rules of Miranda.
http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/pu...1/legal_digest

Old
04-22-2013, 12:26 AM
Lordstanley
Bandwagonaire

Quote:

Thanks Artemis , I am well aware of the Miranda ruling , since my exgirlfriend's mother and my co - worker died in the second plane on 9-11

Old
04-22-2013, 12:29 AM
Nose Face Killah
It's Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by feverz28 View Post

or

Could already tell the video is BS just from the description

Old
04-22-2013, 12:29 AM
BrainOfJ
Pure Bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leviathan View Post
No, he's serious. For anyone watching WBZ on Thursday morning around 1AM we saw someone laying on the ground all spread out across from the funeral home:

He was then ordered to strip and put into a cruiser.

Who the **** was this guy?

I was watching, I saw that. It was a civilian in the area who turned out to be innocent...

and btw...that wasn't the "naked man"...they were two separate people. If you were listening to the scanner you know that they confronted many people that night and during the next day.

This was the "naked man"

Old
04-22-2013, 12:31 AM
Barresi

Naked man was someone who refused to step back when the police told him to.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:33 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Thanks, yes, that's it - the "public safety" exception.

To be clear, I'm not using quote marks sarcastically - that's how it's being distinguished.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:34 AM
schmautzy

Quote:
Thanks for posting the scanner vid. I had turned it off right after they caught him and switched to t.v.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:35 AM
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ

Quote:
I was watching, I saw that. It was a civilian in the area who turned out to be innocent...

and btw...that wasn't the "naked man"...they were two separate people. If you were listening to the scanner you know that they confronted many people that night and during the next day.

This was the "naked man"

Thank you for the clarification. My scanner was all wonky Thursday night. Kept going in and out.

I was at work in Waltham on Friday until 4PM with no chance at using any type of scanner (work at a law firm and can't even access my cell when I'm in the suite for security reasons), then stayed at my girlfriend's in Waltham until she left for work that night (nurse, so no excuses) just to make sure she was safe. I think we were the only business in operation in the entire town.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:39 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Thanks Artemis , I am well aware of the Miranda ruling , since my exgirlfriend's mother and my co - worker died in the second plane on 9-11
That's terrible, and I'm sorry to hear it, but there are plenty of people posting here who don't seem to be aware of the Miranda ruling.

My husband grew up in a place where similar laws were in a state of suspension for years as an "anti-terror" tactic, which meant a lot of innocent people were routinely jailed and held without charges for as long as the government felt like holding them.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:39 AM
Neely08

POS #2 in response to a tweet a/b the victims --

"and they what 'god hates dead people?' Or victims of tragedies? Lol those people are cooked."

Old
04-22-2013, 12:40 AM
BrainOfJ
Pure Bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leviathan View Post
Thank you. My scanner was all wonky Thursday night. Kept going in and out.

I was at work in Waltham on Friday until 4PM, then stayed at my girlfriend's in Waltham until she left for work that night (nurse, so no excuses) just to make sure she was safe. I think we were the only business in operation in the entire town.
ahhh I hear you. Yeah they took basically anyone who wouldn't cooperate into custody at night, and then later released them.

There were these two and then at one point I remember a blonde guy being talked about as well. Then of course, there's the old guy that was getting molested by 4 robots, the crazy old guy that wouldn't come to the door in his apt, etc. etc.

The media was a pain in the ass, the only place you could get real up to date information was from the scanner, right from the sources.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:42 AM
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ

Quote:
POS #2 in response to a tweet a/b the victims --

"and they what 'god hates dead people?' Or victims of tragedies? Lol those people are cooked."
Not at his defense, but he's talking about the Westboro Baptist Church.

Something very evil that he can't distinguish between his heinous terror crimes and the WBC's freedom of speech (and that is not at their defense either, because they're using it in a very sick and twisted way that I wish would go away).

Old
04-22-2013, 12:47 AM
schmautzy

Quote:
ahhh I hear you. Yeah they took basically anyone who wouldn't cooperate into custody at night, and then later released them.

There were these two and then at one point I remember a blonde guy being talked about as well. Then of course, there's the old guy that was getting molested by 4 robots, the crazy old guy that wouldn't come to the door in his apt, etc. etc.

The media was a pain in the ass, the only place you could get real up to date information was from the scanner, right from the sources.
At some going I am going to go through the threads from that night.
It was riveting stuff on here . Or at least I think it was. People were getting delirious as the night wore on.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:49 AM
Neely08

Quote:
That's terrible, and I'm sorry to hear it, but there are plenty of people posting here who don't seem to be aware of the Miranda ruling.

My husband grew up in a place where similar laws were in a state of suspension for years as an "anti-terror" tactic, which meant a lot of innocent people were routinely jailed and held without charges for as long as the government felt like holding them.
The last, and only person mistakenly persecuted under the patriot act was awarded 115 million dollars in damages. Tax free. They can violate my rights any time they want.

That kid in Revere, who's picture was published in the NY Post and alleged as the bomber? You know, by the media? He'll probably be worth more than the entire Bruins roster. And deservedly so.

The kid they have in custody now? Who's been deprived of his rights? He's not some innocent goat herder.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:54 AM
hed

Quote:

He's an American citizen, he deserves the same rights as everybody else.

Closed Thread